Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

CaBaNa

First Post
Like a death domain cleric? Sharpe asks after the retreating figure of Vermitrax and pulls up a chair next to Kamotz.

So Kamozy, now that we are best friends and everything, let's find an adventure! We can fight
distressed damsels , save sweet dragons, and destroy the world before the other bad guys can do it!

So, you with me?

Kamotz begins to respond but is again interrupted by conversation about necromancy, which he listens too intently.

Vermitrax's order finally arrives, a steaming dish of 'something', and a wooden beer mug. He lifts the mug slightly at Zaroch's words. "To wise words." he says before drinking. "I must point out their food is astonishingly savoury." he says, lifting a fork with a chunk of something stick to, before eating it. "You mentioned you needed work. I might not be particularly wealthy, nor willing to share a profitiable enterprise, although I'm not stupid either. I have knowledge of certain lich, who has been defeated, not more than two days ago. I also know of the location of its tomb, and an idea of the amount of wealth there secured. By my calculations, the creature will need a couple of weeks to regenerate. I'm going to lead an expedition to the tomb, to firstly destroy the phylanctery and then claim the spoils. Might I interest you in such a quest? It might look dangerous, but alas, the prize is worth the risk." He stands up, his dish unfinished. "Let's follow your advise, shall we?" he walks again towards Sharpe and Kamotz
"Friends" he says, smiling and opening his arms wide. "You were exited at the mention of undead before. Perhaps you'll be willing to aid me in destroying a lich's phylanctery, yes? We have deal with the creature recently, but you never know the ammount of minions a lich can have protecting its phylanctery, do you? I'll be here for a while, think about it and do tell me if you are interested" he says returning to his table.

I'll be happy to help you turn into a Lich, Evil Necromancer! Sharpe says happily (and loudly).

Or will you be a Demi-lich with that disembodied head thing?

Anyway I claim any Dracolich we find, unless you were going to turn into that into that as well...

Or were you looking for the Lich King and the Nine Rings of Mortal Men?

Uh....

"Ehm..." Vermitrax rises an eyebrow, and a sideways glance at Zaroch. "Surely, you can claim whatever prize you see fit, Sharpe. However my intention is just to terminate Vlastodes once and for all. I don't like the idea of a vengeful lich plotting against me. As a colourful note, he holds vast riches in his tomb, which is always alluring."
The wizard nods to Prime as he makes his exit. "I welcome the chance to fight by your side Prime, your tactical mind is always an aid in any physical confrontation." Turning to Kamotz the wizard inquires. "What say you, shifter?"

Kamotz glances back and forth between Vermitrax and Sharpe, I'm confused, what does, and...? So long as we're destroying undead instead of creating more, I'm in. Kamotz dislodges his shield from the rack on Whiggins, and when we get back, his share goes to fixing the roof. Kamotz points at Sharpe as Whiggins rises. I'll have no where else to go if this place bans large beasts as well, we'll not allow one rotten apple to spoil this place for us.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Excellent. Just remain here while I gather some more brave souls, you see this is a two groups mission." agrees Vermitrax. "Come Zaroch, you'll lead the second group, I trust your logical thinking; which will be a determinant factor in the success of this whole enterprise." The wizard walks to the centre of the tavern, and with a simple cantrip, enhances the volume of his voice, ising above the general noise. "Patrons of the Hanged Man; I'm in need of brave souls to defy danger and claim glory, honour and spoils. An adventure that could take you from mere and pathetic simpletons, to powerful and wealthy sires. Come to my table if you are interested, and have the guts and skills necessaries. Thank you."

Recruiting for Undearneath the Undeath is officially open. Zaroch has already expressed interest, so I'll be taking 3-4 more first level adventurers.

WEContact

First Post
Haaku gives Kershank a questioning look, shrugs, and then gets up. "Got a debt to pay off, best get started. You oughta come too." He approaches Vermitrax reluctantly, and says, "What's the job? Somethin' to do wi' this lich you boys been talkin' about?"' to do wi' this lich you boys been talkin' about?"

OOC: Logan Chambers reporting for duty! Looks like we'll have to double up on Controller. Should be fun.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax looks at the man with a quizzical stare. "Very well, you seem to be a sturdy fellow. Come, join us. I'll explain the mission once we reach critical mass. Meanwhile, enlighten us about your skills and usefulness for our enterprise. "

WEContact

First Post
Chambers raises his eyebrows and pantomime's scanning the tavern quizzically. "Huh, how strange, I don't see a queue forming anywhere! Look, buddy," he says, dropping the sarcasm, "cut the crap; I ain't a salesman and I got no pitch. If it turns out there're enough takers to compete for my spot in this little venture, then I'll just put down the hopefuls until the rest cry off. If it turns out there aren't, then you won't have any other choice anyway, an' you'll just have to trust me." Chambers takes a seat with his arms crossed. The quiver of javelins on his back rustles as it bumps against the chair's back.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax raises an eyebrow of his own. "See, unless you can replicate yourself into two more people, there is no way you are going to walk alive out of my ' little venture'. This is not about trust, mister 'loud and rough', its about you not dying because you couldn't defuse a trap, or read an arcane scripture, or bash the head of someone, until its brain leaks out. I'm not as much concerned about your safety as I am for my own. Enough is to say, I need the group you'll be on to succeed if I am to leave the Lich's tomb with my head over my shoulders, which I pretty much want to. If you are so dim witted as to not understand the reasons behind patience, then simply leave. I'm sure you can find hoards of gold anywhere." the mage chuckles at his own joke.

OOC: Adventure approved! We haaave 2! 2-3 more needed!

Luinnar

First Post
Chambers raises his eyebrows and pantomime's scanning the tavern quizzically. "Huh, how strange, I don't see a queue forming anywhere! Look, buddy," he says, dropping the sarcasm, "cut the crap; I ain't a salesman and I got no pitch. If it turns out there're enough takers to compete for my spot in this little venture, then I'll just put down the hopefuls until the rest cry off. If it turns out there aren't, then you won't have any other choice anyway, an' you'll just have to trust me." Chambers takes a seat with his arms crossed. The quiver of javelins on his back rustles as it bumps against the chair's back.
I like this guy! Sharpe says.

Yeah you won't be bribing us with dark treasure and power beyond our imagination! I can imagine a lot of power and treasure! We're just in it so you can turn into a Lich and attack a town or something. Now that is what adventuring is for, seeing the cool bad guys wreak havoc and destruction!

OOC: Are you having 2 parties? If so how many for the second one?

BedLlama

First Post
"Come Zaroch, you'll lead the second group, I trust your logical thinking; which will be a determinant factor in the success of this whole enterprise."
Zaroch nods in approval.

"I'll keep things running smoothly along." He assures, readjusting his specs, which had displaced themselves during his nod. "I have a knack for nudging the pieces around the board. Long have I spent- If you will excuse the mixing of metaphores- learning which strings to pull, and the best means in which to pull them. Magical or otherwise."

Vermitrax raises an eyebrow of his own. "See, unless you can replicate yourself into two more people, there is no way you are going to walk alive out of my ' little venture'. This is not about trust, mister 'loud and rough', its about you not dying because you couldn't defuse a trap, or read an arcane scripture, or bash the head of someone, until its brain leaks out. I'm not as much concerned about your safety as I am for my own. Enough is to say, I need the group you'll be on to succeed if I am to leave the Lich's tomb with my head over my shoulders, which I pretty much want to. If you are so dim witted as to not understand the reasons behind patience, then simply leave. I'm sure you can find hoards of gold anywhere." the mage chuckles at his own joke.

"What my less tactiful benefactor means," Zaroch explains, attempting to smooth things over, "-and I do apologize for putting words in your mouth, Vertimax- but what I believe he means is that to work out the logistics of this group, we need to find the holes in our skill sets. A marksman is always a valuable ally, but surely is not the only capacity in which you might aid us, no? You don't strike me as a learned man, but I can see the cunning in your eyes, I'm sure you must have a healthy respect for strategy."

Remove ads