Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Just as the doors to the Hanged Man settle, they creak in protest as they are forced open once more. A man dressed in simple hunter's garb stands in the entryway. Looking around the place, he stares in awe at the site of all the adventurers awaiting jobs, his jaw slightly agape.

"Uh...uh...hello everyone! My name is Evan. I need some help from some of you, if you would be able to take a trip with me back to my village. I was just on a hunting trip and was only gone for a few days. When I got back, everyone in my village was...gone. All of their belongings were still there...but there's not a soul to be found there. Could any of you help...please?"

OOC: This is a recruitment for characters, levels 5 - 7, as described in the Upcoming Adventures thread. As per that thread, I had the following characters interested:

@pathfinderq1 's Joy, lvl 7 Elan [human] Ardent/Bard
@WEContact 's Ignatz, lvl 5 half-orc barbarian
@jbear 's Kane Arcane, lvl 5(6 if he uses a DM point) Human Swordmage/Wizard
@VanderLegion 's Vander, lvl 6 Pixie Monk
@Phoenix8008 's Kama'zer, lvl 6 Gith Warlord
@rb780nm 's Sound of Stone, lvl 6 Thri-kreen monk

If you are on this list and still interested, please reply to Evan and I'll lock in your slot. I look forward to DMing for you (and for some of you, DMing for you again)!

VanderLegion

First Post
The pixie in his "hot tub" on the bar perks up a bit. He vanishes from the bowl and reappears sitting on top of the newcomer's head. He leans down past Evan's forehead to peer into his eyes. "You say all the people vanished but everything else is still there? No sign of struggle?" The pixies asks in his tiny voice. "It could be something of fae origin...I'll join you."

Evan is startled a bit when the pixie appears on top of his head, but upon confirmation that the pixie would help (trying his best not to laugh at the absurdity of a 1 foot tall creature being able to accomplish much in a world of 6 and 7 foot tall creatures), he nods his head slowly (so as not to eject the poor creature from its perch).

"I am grateful for any help you can give...thank you."

jbear

First Post
"H-hold that d-drink. Adv-venture calls."

Kane gives the hunter a wink. "C-count me in."

OOC: Kane is all ready level 6. Promise. ;)

Evan gives Kane a bow.

"Thank you so much! You look like someone with a lot on his mind (if not a lot in his mind to say the least). I will be happy to have a collector of knowledge with us on this journey. Hopefully we will be able to find my village soon."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer stands from her seat and stretches out her lithe muscles that have suffered from inactivity for too long. "So the people are missing, but their possessions were left behind?" the Githyanki woman asks. "Very strange. Either a magical event or more likely not. Slavers perhaps?" she speculates with a gleam in her eye at the thought of applying her blade to more slavers. "I would be glad to assist you in this investigation, sir." She finishes with a short bow towards Evan.

Last edited:

Evan's almost jovial mood at seeing such a quick and fervent response to his need for help is quickly shattered by Kama'zer's mention of slavers. The young hunter's face sags.

"You don't...you don't really think...slavers? Oh gods...I hope not! My father...my mother...and sisters! Oh... you've got to help m- oh wait... you will? Thank you, thank you! I never thought that adventurers would be so kind without the promise of a grand reward!"

WEContact

First Post
Vander notices Ignatz staring at him and his mouth twists into a mischievous grin, like a child with a clever plan. He acts non-chalant for a few moments, pretending not to notice the half-orc's staring, then playfully splashes water at the barbarian's face. Fortunately for Ignatz, the tiny pixie is unable to move much water with a splash, as the water is still at near-boiling temperatures - something the firecrafter doesn't realize could be harmful to others without his own affinity for fire.

Just as the doors to the Hanged Man settle, they creak in protest as they are forced open once more. A man dressed in simple hunter's garb stands in the entryway. Looking around the place, he stares in awe at the site of all the adventurers awaiting jobs, his jaw slightly agape.

"Uh...uh...hello everyone! My name is Evan. I need some help from some of you, if you would be able to take a trip with me back to my village. I was just on a hunting trip and was only gone for a few days. When I got back, everyone in my village was...gone. All of their belongings were still there...but there's not a soul to be found there. Could any of you help...please?"

Ignatz blinks and sputters, caught off guard, and loses track of the pixie when it teleports away to pester the newest supplicant. Ignatz takes interest too, and hurries over to the man, his grin revealing a really unsettling number of teeth. "Hy come vit hyu too!" He drags his obscenely heavy gouge from under the bar in front of the stool he had occupied, and swings it onto his shoulder. He doesn't notice the blade remove a chunk of rafter and send it flying into the far corner of the bar. "Schmells like hyu gun' haff a beeeg fight on hyu hands, if hyu whole village got kidnapped." He straightens his hat and claps Evan on the shoulder, nearly causing the poor man's knees to buckle. "Dun hyu vorry! Ignatz find hyu folks, bring 'em back, beat de schtoffing from ennybody vhat sez oddervise!"

OOC: Wooo! I'm excited!

Remove ads