Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: whose hanging out in the tavern levels 1-3?

OOC: I'm working on a level 3 Bard (Skald), close to done, I could easily finish it up to join a new adventure if there's not a lot of other people interested (in which case I'd be happy to step aside since as I've said, my level 6 monk is the one I really wanna get in an adventure once one starts up, which is easier if I don't already have 2 running)

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: I'm working on a level 3 Bard (Skald), close to done, I could easily finish it up to join a new adventure if there's not a lot of other people interested (in which case I'd be happy to step aside since as I've said, my level 6 monk is the one I really wanna get in an adventure once one starts up, which is easier if I don't already have 2 running)

OOC: Well [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] has a level three monk and phoenix has a level three character that he is going to retire and fill a slot so a leader would help

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Well [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] has a level three monk and phoenix has a level three character that he is going to retire and fill a slot so a leader would help

OOC: Yah, like I said, I'm happy to join, just saying if there's more than the 5 or 6 or however many characters you need that want to go, I'm willing to step aside and let someone else go instead

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Grimmjow, I've decided I'm going to make a Psion to cover the controller aspect. I'll work on the character and get it posted asap to start getting approval. BTW, thanks for running an adventure! I know how much work it takes.

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: Grimmjow, I've decided I'm going to make a Psion to cover the controller aspect. I'll work on the character and get it posted asap to start getting approval. BTW, thanks for running an adventure! I know how much work it takes.

OOC: okay ill wait until your character has entered the tavern and then ill bring in the NPC recruiter. And no problem my brother got the adventure set up and had to not run it so im just doing this for him. If i like it though ill keep it up.

One word of warning everyone, this adventure is going to be hack-and-slash. Sorry if you can't handle that but its a good way to start DMing here. More RP in later adventures.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: okay ill wait until your character has entered the tavern and then ill bring in the NPC recruiter. And no problem my brother got the adventure set up and had to not run it so im just doing this for him. If i like it though ill keep it up.

One word of warning everyone, this adventure is going to be hack-and-slash. Sorry if you can't handle that but its a good way to start DMing here. More RP in later adventures.
OOC: Hack and slash works for me.

Introducing Everlin
The door to the tavern opens once more and a young human female walks in. She has a sword on one hip and a shield on her left arm, as well as an instrument slung across her back. Other than that, there appears to be nothing at all interesting about her. Until she opens her mouth to speak: "Hello, my name is Everlin. I'm a traveling minstrel," she says in the most beautiful, melodic voice the tavern's patrons have ever heard. She turns to the bartender. I could use a hot meal and something to drink, please. I have a little money." She moves to one of the empty tables and sits down.

pathfinderq1

First Post
After a few moments of (relatively rare) quiet, the front door slid partway open- any careful observer could easily guess that someone was taking a quick glimpse before entering.

There was a heartbeat or two of delay before the door opened the rest of the way. A young human woman, perhaps a shade over average height and with a lean, athletic build moved quickly into the common room, avoiding being silhouetted in the doorway for any longer than necessary. She had sun-bronzed skin and close-cropped hair a few shades darker (more brown than blond), and was dressed in simple close-fitted garb of light brown and dull grey. A satchel hung over one shoulder, and a long knife and strange tangle of leather cords hung from her belt but she carried little other visible weaponry or gear. Even in the uncertain light of the tavern, it was her eyes which drew most of the attention- they were green-flecked gold, with the vertical pupils of a hunting cat, and almost seemed to glow with inner light as she scanned the room.

With a confident swagger she strode up to the bar. "It is Lenyara, back from the sea. I'll want mead, and some kind of meat- anything but fish or gull..." Then she turned and stepped over to an epty table with a view of the door.

[sblock] Lenyara, human Scout 4, back to work. And me, slowly easing back up to speed after gaming hiatus. http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Lenyara_(pathfinderq1)
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
The door barely closes before it opens again. But when it opens there is nobody standing there. Then a figure walks around the corner and into the tavern, casually waving a hand at the door which proceeds to close itself. The humanoid seems to be made out of chunks of dark red crystal fused together in the shape of a man. Although his right forearm and hand is bigger than the other for some reason. The sound of rocks rubbing together accompanies him as his crystal form shifts and moves as he walks into the room and toward the bar.

Standing before the bartender, he seems to stare at the man who suddenly hears a voice in his head speaking with like the low rumble of a distant avalanche. 'This is the place where one waits to seeks employment, is that correct?' The bartender nods and speaks out loud to the Shardmind, "That's right, employers come here to seek out adventurers. But you have to announce your name to the room, it's custom." The crystal man nods in understanding and moves to the center of the room where he turns around slowly displaying himself to all. Then everyone in the room hears his low grinding voice in their heads, 'I am Arshaka, the shardmind. I seek employment.' With custom fulfilled, he stops turning when he is facing the front door and falls completely still. Only the pulsing light of his shining golden eyes evidence anything resembling life.

Remove ads