Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Grimmjow

First Post
Yet again the tavern door swings open. This time a dwarf comes walking in. He is dressed very nicely. Some may find it hard not to laugh at his size, he's short even for a dwarf. "Looking for work you say? I've got a job that you could do." He says looking right at Arshaka. He turns to the bar and says, It would make you some money as well sweety, let you buy some real food. Of course the two of you by yourselves wouldn't be able to handle it." He looks around the tavern. Well speak up, who wants to make some money and serve our fair city at the same time?" He looks at the bartender and says, Oh yes of course, introductions. I am Orisk Bronzesmelter. I take care of Daunton's money. I decide where it goes, so I can pay for this small service."

OOC: Here we go, anyone level 1-3 is welcome to sign up for adventure

Phoenix8008

First Post
The shardmind turns toward the dwarf, it's facial crystals flat and unmoving as it projects a greeting into the mind of the newcomer. "I am Arshaka, how may I be of assistance in your time of need?"

Grimmjow

First Post
Orisk doesn't seem surprised by the voice in his head. "Right down to businesses! Perfect!" Orisk seams pleased. The job is simple, I'm willing to pay more than the job is worth. Anyway the job. Goblins, living in an old guard tower just outside of Daunton. We think they are going to start raiding trade routes within the next weeks. The city wants to hire a group of adventurers to destroy the goblin chief before they begin raiding." He pulls a piece of paper out of a bag on his belt. "I'll sign and give you this contract saying you keep quite about this mission and ill pay you...a lot. And just cause I told everyone in here what the mission was doesn't mean you can go around telling people, we don't need Daunton's trade affected by this. You tell anyone about it, we will find you." He looks around the room. "So who wants to make some money?!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
The shardmind doesn't hesitate before moving purposefully over to stand behind Orisk. His suddenness of movement is only matched by the complete lack of movement he displays upon coming to a stop. Arshaka doesn't sway, shift, or twitch in the slightest as he awaits any others who will be joining so that they may begin.

pathfinderq1

First Post
The young woman with the eyes of a lioness looked carefully around the room- for once, the place wasn't packed with folk looking for work.. Without leaving her seat (or her meal), she growled softly. "What I really need is a good meal or three, and a solid night's sleep in a bed that doesn't rock with the waves. If you run into something you can't handle, come back here and look for me..."

[sblock= OOC]
Statted for level 4, so too high for the recruitment call. Sorry! Hope you won't have too long to wait for a full crew. [/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
"Well come on, adventure and money! That's why you came to this tavern in the first place!" Orisk shouts.

OOC: lets take this up a notch being noone is playing, level 2-4 come on over and play

Dekana

Explorer
The tavern door bursts open as a kobold pushes through it. He wears a steel cap, puffy brown pants, and leather armor. Sheathed at his waist are a pair of daggers.

"Jax is BACK!" he announces jovially. "Harder, better, stronger, faster! And fantastically richer!" Jax immediately makes his way to the bar and hops up onto a stool. "Barkeep, your best wine!"

[sblock=Jax stat block]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 15 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 23
AC:28, Fort:24, Reflex:29, Will:21, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:7
HP:99/99, Bloodied:49, Surge Value:24, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +16
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +20 vs Reflex, 1d4+14; or with CA, +23 vs Reflex, 1d4+16 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +22 vs Reflex, 1d4+12; or with CA, +25 vs Reflex, 1d4+14 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Royal Scamper, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sneak in the Attack, Stunning Strike
Battlemaster's Dagger, Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Meditation of the Blade, Profit from Weakness, Raven Cloak, Royal Blood

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range (except basic attacks); on crit, make MBA with offhand (not cold damage)
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Before the door has a chance to close a sun weathered hand halts it and a equally weathered face appears with a flashy grin. The wafer thin man tugs at the metal rings that bind his long black bears before sauntering in and taking a place at the bar. He smooths back a lock of hair that has escaped from the turquoise leather braid that roughly ties back his black locks. He flicks his silver loop earring sending it into a spin as he waits to be served.

Bored of waiting he turns his gaze upon the other residents of the bar nodding in greeting to anyone who meets his gaze and a wink of his sparkling green eye. His right eye is colourless, a scar runs through it from the bridge of his nose to his ear.

Tapping his knee-high bright turquoise leather boots with impatience and drumming his tattoo covered fingers his smile never fades. Suddenly a gold coin appears from nowhere, and spins into the air. He continues to catch and flick the coin as he speaks at last.

"I'd s-say its g-good to b-be back, but w-what does a m-man have to do t-to get a d-drink around here?"

OOC: Kane Arcane, lvl 6 Swordmage/Wizard hybrid back from the Shiv and awaitiing adventure!

Remove ads