Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Cute-Hydra

First Post
The door opens once again and an ogre dressed in black plate storms in, he looks around with grim small eyes looking around the crowded bar going to the noticeboard. With the elegance one would expect from an ogre he puts a notice up and then storms out.

The notice looks something like this:

VETERANS OF WAR WANTED!

Count Callidus Princeps of the 29th Legion is looking for heroes of countless battles to aid in his campaign into new land all spoils belonging to the victor and the rightful government.

Anyone interested should sign up here.

OOC: In game terms, I am looking for as high as level group as possible as I couldn't see any particularly high level games at the moment so for any vets lying around the inn unemployed I will be running a campaign. I need to look into the backgrounds established already in the living 4e world to determine where it will exactly be invading from, I thought that I would choose a border of the already existing map and simply extend it if that is allowed. The game will be whatever level appropriate for the group that is formed if any.

Time wise, give me a few days after sign up to have it written, then judge approval.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: Depending on how much time I have available, I might do a lower level one running parallel to represent the same campaign. So the lvl.1's would sign up as soldiers to the war effort while the higher levels would be doing the more higher up stuff, both both effecting each other. No promises though as I don't want to do something that I don't have the time to commit to it.

Fyrm

First Post

" I run an apothecary, the most successful apothecary on the Isle of Daunton for the past two years as a matter of fact.

The Drow looks up at this. oh! That's you! her skin starts to pale a bit, into the color of an Elf My master told me about you! Do you think you could teach me some of your admixtures?

She jumps as the ogre walks in. While he is placing the notice on the board, she is reading it.
This looks fun.
And now she is a he.
OOC: level 2 changeling artificer, reporting for duty. Although, I don't yet have the level 2 approval. I should probably have mentioned something earlier.

pacdidj

First Post
Do you think you could teach me some of your admixtures?

Siveris' makes a sour face at the changeling's question, and seems about to dismiss him with an insult, but then apparently thinks better of it. "Well, perhaps some sort of apprenticeship arrangement could be worked out. For a nominal fee of course. Though we'd have to raise some funds first for ingredients and lab equipment, but..."

The gnomes eyes wander over to the notice the ogre has posted. "What's this then. Yes, yes I see. Hmm... perhaps this is the opportunity I've been looking for. Spoils of war and all that. Well, I don't know about this 'veterans of war' business, but it can't hurt to sign up I suppose. They'll doubtless need a combat medic."

He signs his name in a hasty scrawl: Siveris Smythe, D. H. M.

OOC: @Cute-Hydra - Definitely interested, but at level 4, Siv might fall between the cracks of the level ranges you're looking for. He's the replacement for my first character, who was killed in Beyond the Rerisen Tower. Still waiting on approval. Let me know what you think.

Sasahara

First Post
OOC: I would be interested if the lower-level option opens. I am a brand-new, still squeaks when he moves too fast PC.

"Siveris, is your focus on our mission, or on joining this war? Your actions and your words are creating confusion."

pacdidj

First Post
"Siveris, is your focus on our mission, or on joining this war? Your actions and your words are creating confusion."

"Listen friend," Siveris replies scornfully, obviously a bit perturbed at being interrogated, "my only mission right now is to make money. Lots of it. I've got lawyers' fees to pay, and those hourly rates add up quick. If war is the best way to make some quick cash and get me off this island for a while, so be it. Sign me up, and call me a patriot!"

OOC: [MENTION=6666739]Sasahara[/MENTION] - just to clear up any possible confusion: I'm not offering any quests. No time to DM an adventure now. Just looking to get my replacement character started. Oh, and no actual offense intended, Siv's just a died-in-the-wool self-serving jerk. ;)

Sasahara

First Post
OOC: No worries! I take it as in character rather than personal. Although I did think you were gathering a group to DM... :)

Esraethan rocks back on his heels. "Very well, friend. Perhaps when you have time, you will come back and try to gather companions to help you with the problem you described. I wish you well in your war, Patriot!"

Cute-Hydra

First Post
The ogre comes bustling back in, smacking his head with his left arm. "Stupid Grat, always forgetting important stuff!" he pins another poster next to the first one. Before leaving once again still continuing the self directed abuse. His plate shaking as he walks.

Poster reads:

YOUR COIN PURSE NEEDS YOU:

Do you find yourself actually needing to count the money in your coin purse to see if you can afford that 4th drink... Do you find yourself worrying about how you will afford that new lifestealing weapon.. Do you feel jealous that your adventuring neighbours can afford new magical scabbards as well as the cloak, sword and armour..

THE SOLUTION IS HERE, JOIN THE WAR EFFORT and you are guaranteed * to receive a share of plunder.

Breakdown:

Wage, 5 gold a week
Bonus, 40% of village sacked
1% of any major cities that you are involved heavily in the capture/destruction of.

Notes: anyone guided by morale principles should not apply. Anyone who feels any such obligations is advised to think about the money. Failing that, alcohol is sold at a reduced rate which is more than enough to sort out any issues.

* = assuming you survive.

The 24th contingent is short:

1 combat medic (leader)
2-3 hardened killers (the word killer is crossed out and replaced by "Soldier" (Striker)
1 heavily armoured commando (defender)
1 Soldier capable of acting as artillery. (controller)

Anyone interested should sign up and stand buy for collection by Sergeant Damian Hiscocks in several weeks time.

OOC: In game terms this will be a group aimed for level 2-3's but lvl 1s and lvl 4's are welcome too. Will not be completely hack and slash, but will have mostly a war styled focus etc. First people to sign up to the rolls are in. Thanks.

Remove ads