Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I'll be glad to join with Alnar (level 3 sorcerer, not yet approved), but is this adventure only for non-good characters?

Also I have a character in an adventure, so I would not mind stepping aside for people who are not currently in one.

Dekana

Explorer
A blonde man raises his head from the bar, his face half-covered with dried ale. He stumbles over to the ogre's poster and scrawls his name on it: Lenard.

"Finalry, a shance to get outta this town." Lenard wipes the left half of his face clean and then tries to part his hair evenly. "Hey barkeep, how long waz I ashleep?"

OOC: Lenard is a level 1 controller if that's okay. He's good aligned, but I'll take that one step at a time. Maybe he can convince you bloodthirsty lot to take prisoners.

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Hunzo is a lvl 1 Mage (Controller) unapproved though. I'd be willing to join as the controller. Though I'm willing to step aside if a higher level controller or a controller of a brand new player (first character) is here.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Finalry, a shance to get outta this town." Lenard wipes the left half of his face clean and then tries to part his hair evenly. "Hey barkeep, how long waz I ashleep?"
The bartender lifts his eyes from a mug he's cleaning and casts over in Lenard's direction, "I dunno. About a day or two." he laughs to himself, "I sent Helen over to dust you off every now and then," he pauses, "Oh, and she wiped up the drool too. Try to keep your mouth shut while you sleep. Seems to be hard enough while you're awake."

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: It's not non good in the sense I am not allowing it, and it's not encouraging murdering civilians and rampaging through taking slaves Roman style. That said, it is an invasion and if you are playing a palladin who upholds lawful good, then it just won't work. It's up to you, but I don't really want a clash between the war management and any heroes over ethics..

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I play Alnar as Chaotic Good, so I don't mind busting up some heads if you know what I mean. That being said if he sees anyone doing anything like killing civilians, he would probably have something to say about it ;)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten suddenly jumps up from his statuesque pose by the fireplace and draws his massive axe, embedding it in a ceiling beam in the process.

"WHAT IS THAT I HEAR? DISTANT SOUNDS OF BATTLE, THE CLANGOR OF DESPERATE HEARTS THUDDING AGAINST PITIFUL RIBS, CRIES OF ANGUISH FROM PLEADING LIPS!"

No one hears and such thing... perhaps unsurprisingly.

"NO MORE! WHEREVER THERE IS INJUSTICE, THERE IS SIR EXSIXTEN, WHEREVER THE WEAK ARE THREATENED WITH MERCILESS EXTERMINATION, THERE IS SIR EXSIXTEN, WHENEVER THE SHADOW OF TYRANNY INTERDICTS A BLIGHTED LAND, THERE IS SIR EXSIXTEN, WHEREVER THE ICHY FINGER OF INJUSTICE..."

As he speaks, he wrenches his axe free, nearby patrons cringing as the beam creaks and shifts, then storms out of the tavern, his words slowly fading as he marches off through the city outside.

OOC: Anyone remember Hercules: the Legendary Journeys from TV back in the late 90s? My roommates and I watched a couple recently and the intro is hilarious. Makes it sound like Hercules is a plague on fantasy Greece.

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil stirs from sleep, reaching out and dipping his hand in the newly placed ale. Throwing the glass, standing, shifting across the room and magically forcing his body into a state of incorporeal; Gil woke up.

I need to go to bed...
Gil says his good-nights and makes his way up the stairs.

OOC:
I'd like to get Kamotz, 3rd level Longtooth Shifter hybrid Cleric|Paladin, into something with mass death and questionable ethical decisions. He worships Death, recently made new vows to Lauto, and is a reckless murderer.

Last edited:

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan steps forward after a moment's hesitation and signs his name. "I would have a hard time passing up an opportunity to improve my skills and my equipment. And perhaps I will find some clues to the identity and whereabouts of my mother's killer."

OOC: I'm playing a level 1 tiefling warlock who isn't approved yet. I'm hoping the admins will approve me quickly! Please let me know if you're willing to have me in the party.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: Okay, from what I am seeing for the lower level bunch

We have:

Leader: Changeling Artificer (2)
Controller: Hunzo (1)
Controller: Lenard (1)
Defender:
Striker: Esraethan (1)
Striker: Alnar (3)

I have accepted 2 controllers and 2 strikers, shouldn't be a major issue. Sorry Smythe but at 4 it seemed odd to choose you over the lvl 2 that fits into the group better.

Answer to the lvl 1's you are welcome, but for example Esraethan will be outdamaged by Alnar. Just cos theres 2 lvls different, if you are fine with that it's fine with me.

I hope I didn't ignore anyone else. As for the higher level one, we have a level 8 who is interested but is still playing but may be finished soon. Being a leader roll Smythe is welcome to join up with the higher up's maybe a 4-8 bracket though I won't say no to a 9 etc. But 4 levels difference isn't too troublesome.

I should be able to submit something tangible by the end of the weekend, so from there Judges approval and we will be ready to go. For the record, new time DM online so may be a little clumsy as far as all these shortcuts go. But experienced DM in rl so shouldn't be a problem there.

Last edited:

Remove ads