Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION]

I have been thinking of making a bard for some time (I can make a 3rd character). I think his personality (a crazy chaotic evil-ish half-elf) might fit in better in the adventure, but he would only be level 1 (or maybe 2 if I have the DM credits, I would have to ask the judge).

I see 1 leader and 2 half leaders so far (if I'm not mistaken). Would you rather I bring Alnar for another striker or should I roll up the bard for another leader? I want the party to be balanced :)

Tenchuu

First Post
"We have returned!" Boomed Halleck, busting in through the tavern door and striking a proud pose, looking into the indistinct distance, "Victorious!" He moved with grace toward the bar, with his companions following. "We fearless few traveled into the bowels of KOGANÙSAN, slaying demons of all shapes and sizes. None could stand before us and live to speak of it!"

"Barkeep! A round for heroes!" he ordered, in a convincing tone. The half-elf removed his helmet and pulled the tie from his hair, letting the black chin-length mane fall about his face. Spying a young lady by the bar, he moved in. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Viscount Ambrose Halleck, faithful stewart of Allar. It is my sworn duty to develop my skills, such that I may better protect my city, and the continent of Allaria. It is an honor, and certainly my privilege, to meet a woman as beautiful as you."

OOC: Level 4 hybrid Bard/Warlord returning to the tavern, with much of the group from
OOC:
OOC: KOGANÙSAN intact and looking for some more work.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The bartender turns around and holds a mug under the tap of a porcelain keg labeled,
Wayne's Ale

in bold, red letters diagonally across the front. Below this written horizontally (and in only slightly smaller, black letters), it reads:

STARK BREWERY

He puts his hand on the tap, begins to pull, but seems to think better of it. Before a drop falls in the mug, he shakes his head, returns the tap to its fully closed positon and moves the mug to the left where a wooden keg bears the brand,

Barblacken's Pale

Satisfied, he pours the "returning" conqueror a full, golden mug with a light and airy head,

"There you go sir," Without waiting for the mans response, the bartender pulls out four more mugs and lines them up under the tap.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I just got approved for some DM credits. So I would like to level up my Sorcerer to level 5 with them, or make the Bard level 2 (whoever I bring) if that is OK with you Cute-Hydra :)

Cute-Hydra

First Post
A well dressed man with bright green sparkling eyes, walks in close behind Halleck, and seems to busy himself by watching the interaction of the inn again.

OOC: Karma Palminetti, lvl 3 cleric/psion needs updating back from KOGANÙSAN

Unrelated:

OOC: Luinnar i'd prefer the sorcerer, give the team a bit of extra firepower.

I have just submitted my campaign

current 10 players are
Sasahara-Esraerthan
CaBaNa- Kamotz
Darksteed- Hunzo
Dekana-Lenard
Luinnar-Alnar
Fyrm-Mercurial
Rb780nm-Sound of Stone
Pacdidj-Siveris Smythe
Voda Vosa- Sapo Toa
FourMonos-Artemis Harks

Please forgive any mistakes made or if I have added someone who should not be in there, or if I have got anyones owner/character mixed up.

Someone

Adventurer
Shale, the crystalline being, also joins the crowd.

A well dressed man with bright green sparkling eyes, walks in close behind Halleck, and seems to busy himself by watching the interaction of the inn again.

raceportshardmind.png

Ah. You arrived first.

salt3d

First Post
The tavern door opens and a dwarf bursts inside. His face is a bright red and beads of sweat cover his forehead. For a moment he looks as if he is about to speak before he doubles over and sucks in several deep breaths.

Gasping and wheezing, he looks up at the bouncer and says "Len Brume. Me friends ... if ya can call 'em that ... call me Lenny. Me mum ... used to call me Leonard ... and everyone else ... calls me Len."

Len's eyes narrow as he tries to discern a reaction from the bouncer. "Len it is, then." He surveys the tavern's clientele and mutters to himself "Yep, this is the place."

Len makes his way quickly to the bar and addresses the bartender. "I hear this is the place to find... interesting work. Well, I'm lookin'. Pay and conditions don't bother me much; if it'll take me out of the city I'm up for it. Have ya heard of anything goin' at the moment?"

The bartender nods at the noticeboard. In a flash Len is at the board reading the posters, mouthing the words silently as he does so.

"Crikey," he says, "there's a fair bit of interest already. Oh well, they'll either have me or won't." Len screws up his face in concentration as he scrawls his name in big block letters at the end of the list.

Returning to the bar, Len says "Thanks, barkeep. Now if you don't mind I'll have a cup of the hottest, strongest tea you can brew. Cheers." With that, Len makes his way to the darkest unoccupied corner of the tavern he can find. Taking a seat, he relaxes visibly, although his eyes dart continually between the door and the tavern's other occupants, never resting on anything for more than a second or two.

OOC: Len, unapproved level 1 dwarf rogue. [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION] - Hopefully I'm not too late to sign up for your adventure.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: Errr... feel free to level him up, I put some higher level, higher defense stuff in to challenge you higher level lot, and Len not sure atm. Can you let me get the feedback from Judges before I give a yes/no. Atm, we have 10 which is exactly 2 parties of 5 which makes things like treasure parcels etc easier. That said, I feel bad leaving you as literally the only lvl 1 in the inn. So I will see what can be done, but the early feedback I have got was concern for the no. of players.

OOC: Just noticed, you have 1 post, so I assume from that, you are brand new- welcome aboard Sir!

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
A large man wearing plate mail and the holy symbol of Palladys follows behind the crystalline figure, "Sorry for the late arrival. I used some of the gains from Koganusan to purchase a few new trinkets and donated a portion to the temple." He takes a seat next to Halleck and grabs a mug.

OOC:
Level 6 Human Paladin of Palladys reporting for duty.

Remove ads