Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

salt3d

First Post
OOC: No worries. When I saw there were ten already signed up I knew I was a chance to be the odd one out. My timing has always been bad. :) Don't spoil your campaign on my account.

Having said that I'd still love to join if it works out!

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION] - I'll drop to make room for salt3d's rogue.

Now that he has regained his higher brain functions, Lenard actually reads the sheet he just signed. Ugh, what was I thinking? Fighting a war for the wrong country? Luckily, the dwarf's timing - and name - allows the mage a chance to escape from the enlistment.

"Ah, Len! I, uh... heard word of your coming and already signed you up for the war." He points to the 'Lenard' scrawled a few lines above the dwarf's own writing. "Fight the good fight! I'll cheer you all on from the bar."

salt3d

First Post
Len springs out of his seat. "Heard of my coming? Then you must be one of..." He pauses, looks Lenard up and down, then clears his throat and resumes.

"Ah, yes. Of course. Signed me up in advance. Naturally. Good lad!" Len gives Lenard a hearty slap on the back. "If I make it back I'll be sure to return with a souvenir for you. But for now please allow me to buy you a drink."

OOC: [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] - Thanks a bunch!

CaBaNa

First Post
Clattering can be heard from outside the Hanged Hob, the sound of a heavily armored shifter rings loudly as Kamotz approaches the inn. A wicked grin lights the face of the shifter as he comes within viewing distance of the windows, and the ringing armor is more clearly defined as a flail connecting repeatedly with a heavy shield.

Kamotz swings his triple headed flail, occasionally bashing dents into his new shield. As he moves and swings, the chains wrap the air like a whip, and the heads fall like meteors on his shield.

As the shifter enters the Hanged Hobgoblin, he clangs the flail to the shield one last time, KAMOTZ! shouts the shifter, as if competing with his noise maker.

After glancing the room over, the wolf like man strides to the bar, and begins adjusting to sit. First the shield comes off, then back on, Kamotz spins, trying to place the shield on his back. Failing to rest the shield properly, but succeeding in knocking over several stools, Kamotz growls. After what seems like several minutes of fumbling, the shifter finally sits at the bar.

Where can I find dead men walking, or walking dead men? asks the armored holy warrior. The bartender barely looks up from cleaning glasses, and indicates the board.

Kamotz drags himself back out of the seat, and makes his way to signing the recruitment sheet. Upon completion he returns to his chair for another round of tail chasing, and clumsiness, as he attempts taking a seat.

Sorry about the ruckus, I'll get used to the armor soon.

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan pauses to wipe the wine from the front of his robe. He rubs at his sore back where the shield knocked him onto the bartop and glares at the newcomer. Fighting back his anger, he clearly moderates himself before saying "I am not aware of any dead men walking around here. Perhaps we shall encounter some in the coming campaign? My name is Esraethan, and I will forgive you the armor if you will replace my wine."

CaBaNa

First Post
done! barks Kamotz, signaling the barkeep, two drinks on my tab, one to replace his and another to console his loss. the shifter smiles, which is slightly unsettling, as his teeth are oversized. Is Mikara, Morvannon, Vrrsk't, Vixo or Magnus about? They tend to run into Death often. Kamotz glances about, answering the question for himself, Well then Lucky for us there is a coming slaughter. every move Kamotz makes is slightly awkward, a mixture of the heavy plate armor, and the recent ressurection from death.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 5

A weary looking goliath enters the tavern in the search for a quite table. "Vimak Stonecarver. I need some rest and an ale. Not in that order."

[sblock=ooc]
4th level version below. Will update the sheet soon.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak
Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Hail Good Vimak," Halleck said with cheer, his face a bit flush from drinking, "Come, sit with heroes, and hear our tales of Valor. Barkeep! Another Ale for the Goliath!"

Remove ads