• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC:
Joe, do you want me to take the two groups I had planned for, or just one and leave the rest to you- either is absolutely fine with me

I haven't been paying attention to the tavern thread for a month or so - did your two groups cover everyone that's here waiting to adventure?

BTW, going through the last couple of pages I noticed you have no defenders. Ironheart (level 5 Warden) is still standing outside being a tree. I could take him with the higher level group if you need a defender and it wouldn't make the group too big. I don't want to take anyone's place, though, because that wouldn't be fair.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC:

Looking at that, that's a list of 16, if I take 2 groups of 6, that leaves 4 for you- that's not including my old team with Brenwar etc or Artemis who is with you. Your defender will be welcome Sir, as I have 1/2 of one at the moment, I think I have a hybrid palladin something in the line. Let me trawl through it and I'l draw up 2 lists of 6. Artemis is already yours. Sergeant will be coming in the next post :)

Update: Team 1 Southward invasion

Astheone, lvl 1 ranger striker
Len, lvl 1 rogue striker
Esraethan lvl 1 warlock striker
Sound of Stone lvl 2 monk striker
Mercurial lvl 2 artificer leader
Hunzo, lvl 1 controller mage

Team 2 Northward invasion (still work in progress)

Siveris Smythe, Level 4 Gnome Artificer (leader)
Luinnar-Alnar: Level 5 Human Sorcerer (Striker)
CaBaNa- Kamotz: Longtooth Shifter Cleric (leader)
Walking Dad-Vimak: Goliath Runepriest (Leader)
Voda Vosa- Sao Toa: Bullywug Monk (striker)
Dekana-Lenard: Human Mage (controller)

Okay, I think most people are in the list above, my original count of 16 was including a few doubles.
However, when you count that makes 6 more. If I drop from the list that takes Karma out who was one of the leaders. Drop Brenwar through the HMG commitment that leaves Kavac, Shale, Shrakk and Halleck that leaves 10, 11 including Artemis. If you take 5, I take the remaining 6.

-Ambrose Halleck, L4 Hybird Warlord/Bard (Definitely looking for work)
- Brenwar Holyshield, L6 Paladin (though, I think he's committed to HMG's Land Ho!)
- Shrakk, L3 Avenger
- Karma Palminetti, L3 Hybrid Cleric/Psion
- Kavac, L2 (probably 3 after XP) Barbarian
- Shale, L3 Psion

This is of course assuming that the player's don't have anything to say about this :) But, that is my feeble attempt to manage the players in the inn atm.

Cute-Hydra

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
This is of course assuming that the player's don't have anything to say about this

I play Shale and I tend to avoid multi-party, ambitious games, so I don't mind skipping this one as my life is also a bit unstable right now. If something else comes, I'll be there.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC:
Well, Ambrose and Brenwar are too high level for my game. I could take Artemis plus all those Level 3 chars, for a total of 5. CaBaNa's Gil (level 2) may also be interested in this adventure, which would make - ah, what the hell, I can take 6.

Artemis Harks (FourMonos): Level 2 Warlord/Warlock (leader/striker)
Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh (CaBaNa): Level 2 Wizard/Artificer/Assassin (controller/leader/striker) - if he's interested
Kavac Darkhands (Llama Bill): Level 2 Barbarian (striker)
Karma Palminette (Cute-Hydra): Level 3 Cleric/Psion (leader/controller)
Shale (Someone): Level 3 Psion (controller)
Shrakk (Otakkun): Level 3 Avenger (striker)

1 1/3 leaders
2 5/6 strikers
1 5/6 controllers
0 defenders

Sound good?

EDIT: Shale - this party would be for a fairly straight-up adventure, no coordination required once we decide who's coming with me and who's not.

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Are you guys making my day! I'd say so!
Kamotz in an appropriate adventure for him, and Gil too! Without stepping on toes!
Thanks!

After paying for yet another spilled drink, his 7th, Kamotz decided it may be time to wait in a less crowded area. I'll be practicing on the body hanging outside the front door, don't forget me when the Sergeant collects. says the shifter placing a few more silver on the bar in anticipation of the drinks he'd spill on the way out.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: List looks great.
All characters getting a slot? I only asking because Vimak is my second character, so I will not take the slot of someone who isn't playing in any game.

On the bright side, Vimak has some defender-like powers, so I hope he will be helpful.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: I'd prefer to wait for Halleck in a smaller group. I was working on a Slayer, but I'd want him in a group with a defender and a leader, the better to keep him on his feet. So no worries finding me a slot.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC:
Well, Ambrose and Brenwar are too high level for my game. I could take Artemis plus all those Level 3 chars, for a total of 5. CaBaNa's Gil (level 2) may also be interested in this adventure, which would make - ah, what the hell, I can take 6.

Artemis Harks (FourMonos): Level 2 Warlord/Warlock (leader/striker)
Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh (CaBaNa): Level 2 Wizard/Artificer/Assassin (controller/leader/striker) - if he's interested
Kavac Darkhands (Llama Bill): Level 2 Barbarian (striker)
Karma Palminette (Cute-Hydra): Level 3 Cleric/Psion (leader/controller)
Shale (Someone): Level 3 Psion (controller)
Shrakk (Otakkun): Level 3 Avenger (striker)

1 1/3 leaders
2 5/6 strikers
1 5/6 controllers
0 defenders

Sound good?

Ok, doesn't sound like the best balanced party but let's try it.

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: It's pretty hard to get a balanced party right now with the overflow of Strikers and lack of defenders all round. At least there's a decent amount of leaders kickin around.

Remove ads