• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
[Sblock=Rollcall for an adventure]
All right, the inn is much emptied and there is still an adventure recruiting, also for a missing person (what are the odds?! ;) )

I have an adventure approved that can take PCs of any level.

Trapped in Hell's basement

I have a strong suspicion that it may take a while to gather enough PCs and I don't want to interfer with the recruitment of Pac, so I will keep this OOC for the moment.

Therefore, anyone looking for an adventure, raise your hand!
[/sblock]

[sblock=raises hand]
3rd PC: Baazuka: Lv1 Dragonborn Bravura Warlord would love to join in this one.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=raises hand]
3rd PC Dragonborn Bravura Warlord would love to join in this one
[/sblock]
OOC: Wow! Another 3rd PC! I didn't expect to see that. I guess we're both at the back of whatever line there may be, huh? But if the Tavern is pretty empty right now, then there may not be a line, eh? ;)

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Wow! Another 3rd PC! I didn't expect to see that. I guess we're both at the back of whatever line there may be, huh? But if the Tavern is pretty empty right now, then there may not be a line, eh? ;)

ooc: I haven't quite reached the 6th level requirement, but I'm very close. Since the tavern is empty, I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe I can get the ok to go with the work I've done with Character Careers. :)

pacdidj

First Post
Botj's ghostly face breaks into a wrinkled smile as the goliath enters the tavern. "Maybe we found our help, eh?"

He calls out to Bann-ur, "Hey, you. Bigfella. Over here, eh? I been lookin for help for my people. Find missing object, get magic item. You interested?"

[sblock="OOC Phoenix8008"]I've also been recruiting for an adventure. So far our roster is:
Ferris Cacamoujai (samursus) - Longtooth Shifter Cleric (1) - Leader
Alnar (Luinnar) - Human Sorcerer (1) - Striker
Jezebel (Dekana) - Tiefling Paladin (1) - Defender
Need to fill one more spot, and if you're in we could start right away![/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
A large dragonborn ducks into the tavern. He pauses in the doorway giving everyone a cursery glance over. From head to toe he is covered in plate with a large shield on one arm as well, colored green and rimmed with bands of iron. From the looks of him, he's from the Jade Empire. The large katanna on his hip says the same.

"Raiko. Questing warrior."

[sblock=ooc]Raikos is a level 1 Paladin full approved.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
The Tiefling clothed in black cocks her head and examines the Dragonborn as he enters. First the warlock with the disembodied voice, and now this Raiko character. She didn't realize so many mercenaries came from her homeland. It's no surprise though, considering what they would have left behind.

Jezebel speaks to the newcomer in her native language.

[sblock=Tsugo]"Looks like you've come a long way, Dragonborn. But you should keep walking. The talking head has enough big melee fighters for his job as it is."

That's a little hard to believe. Didn't Botj just solicit the help of the Goliath?[/sblock][sblock=ScorpiusRisk]Out of character, I think we'd be happy to have you along for pac's adventure. That would make for a very defender-heavy group though, with 2 paladins, 1 warden, 1 melee cleric, and 1 sorcerer. (Pac said we could start with 4, but maybe 5 is good too). It wouldn't be so great if we got 3 defenders for pac, and then mal's adventure couldn't find any. But either way is cool with me.

In character, I think we'd be lucky to get through the adventure without Jezebel and Raiko killing each other, lol. That's good though! Yay friction.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ScorpiusRisk]Out of character, I think we'd be happy to have you along for pac's adventure. That would make for a very defender-heavy group though, with 2 paladins, 1 warden, 1 melee cleric, and 1 sorcerer. (Pac said we could start with 4, but maybe 5 is good too). It wouldn't be so great if we got 3 defenders for pac, and then mal's adventure couldn't find any. But either way is cool with me.

In character, I think we'd be lucky to get through the adventure without Jezebel and Raiko killing each other, lol. That's good though! Yay friction.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I think this will be an interesting party too!. I could see my character getting into fights with either paladin depending on how lawful Raiko is and evil Jezebel acts :p[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Botj's ghostly face breaks into a wrinkled smile as the goliath enters the tavern. "Maybe we found our help, eh?"

He calls out to Bann-ur, "Hey, you. Bigfella. Over here, eh? I been lookin for help for my people. Find missing object, get magic item. You interested?"

[sblock="OOC Phoenix8008"]I've also been recruiting for an adventure. So far our roster is:
Ferris Cacamoujai (samursus) - Longtooth Shifter Cleric (1) - Leader
Alnar (Luinnar) - Human Sorcerer (1) - Striker
Jezebel (Dekana) - Tiefling Paladin (1) - Defender
Need to fill one more spot, and if you're in we could start right away![/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]I'd love to! But if you only have one slot, then Raiko or anyone else that fits the bill gets first dibs since Bann-ur is my 3rd PC. I'm not fully approved yet, got one out of two. But other than that, I'm fully willing to join up if you'll have me.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Upon hearing the tiefling speak and looking her over yet again, you can see Raiko's face turn clearly grim even with his helm covering part of his face.

[sblock=Tsugo]"Such quick determination to keep me away?I suppose you just weren't subtle enough to trick actual Jadites were you?"[/sblock]

The paladin approaches the ghostly form making his way into the group gathering round.

"I am Raiko son of Gathar. Tell me what troubles you so that you would seek help of demons?"

[sblock=ooc]Three defenders, two of them paladins is definantly a group heavy in one direction. Not that it wouldn't be fun. I think the dialogue may be well worth it.

Mal, did you include anything specific for Raiko in your adventure. I know you looked at his sheet before submitting, and I wouldn't want to jump ship.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Mal, did you include anything specific for Raiko in your adventure. I know you looked at his sheet before submitting, and I wouldn't want to jump ship.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Specific, no. It involves devils because it seemed popular in a lot of character sheet including yours (oni) but otherwise no.

Of course, once I know exactly who is onboard I will try to be more specific.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads