• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pacdidj

First Post
"I am Raiko son of Gathar. Tell me what troubles you so that you would seek help of demons?"

"My people on Kythira we looking for a missing thing. Called a tjurunga. Without this thing my people and our island in danger. Need it back, and soon. One law man, Matjala, he think maybe gnome or shifter took it. Need ambassadors not on anyone side, ask around, find out."

"But, Kythira's a dangerous wahnga, eh? Need skilled warrior to be our eyes and ears. Got to take help wherever we can, don't matter what great power they answer to."

Botj's eyes flick back and forth between the dragonborn and the goliath, "Will you help us scaly one and bigfella?"

[sblock=ooc]I'd be happy to have either/both Raiko and Bann-ur. I had initially conceived the adventure for 5, but thought I'd run it with 4 if no one new came in the tavern. It'd be a riot to have a running paladin squabble! But if you'd rather take Raiko on Mal's adventure Scorpius, that's definitely cool too.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Rakio pauses for a moment in thought. Something about this doesn't seem right. Seeking power by any means is the surest path to corruption and destruction. I should walk away, and find a more noble adventure.

However, by walking away, I will most assure doom for this creature. Is it not more noble to face evil and folly where you know it lies? Who will save these people if the heroes are corrupt themselves?

"I find your thinking very dangerous indeed. Seeking out the easiest source of power is the surest path to corruption and destruction." Raiko speaks his inner thoughts allowed. "I will take up your quest. If people are in danger then I will aid them."

[sblock=occ]I would rather pbp decisions be easier in the future. If people could set that up for me, that would be great ;).

I'm gonna join this adventure. While I would love to start slaying devils with Raiko, he's got time ahead of him for sure. I think pairing him with Jezebel is just too good to pass up. It seems strange that its even an option.

Besides, it would be good to get this one moving and out of the tavern, with three adventures behind it.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Rakio pauses for a moment in thought. Something about this doesn't seem right. Seeking power by any means is the surest path to corruption and destruction. I should walk away, and find a more noble adventure.

However, by walking away, I will most assure doom for this creature. Is it not more noble to face evil and folly where you know it lies? Who will save these people if the heroes are corrupt themselves?

"I find your thinking very dangerous indeed. Seeking out the easiest source of power is the surest path to corruption and destruction." Raiko speaks his inner thoughts allowed. "I will take up your quest. If people are in danger then I will aid them."
Alnar, who can't help himself says "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." On the word "power" his right hand goes ablaze with arcane flame, which he quickly dismisses with a shake of his hand.

"Listen, erm, kid. I don't like the Tiefling any more than you do; but think of it this way. You will have a chance to watch it and make sure it does not cause trouble. If it does, well that is what smiting is for, right?"

[sblock=occ]Actually 17 might be old for a Dragonborn, I'm not sure :p[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Raiko's Age]Yeah, 17 is like being in his early twenties.[/sblock]

Raiko looked down at the Sorcerer but wasn't quite sure what to make of him. It was clear that he wasn't entirely sincere but he sure to what degree. "I have no intention to smite any one with so simple an equation."

He spoke to the tiefling perhaps more than he answered the mage.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"My people on Kythira we looking for a missing thing. Called a tjurunga. Without this thing my people and our island in danger. Need it back, and soon. One law man, Matjala, he think maybe gnome or shifter took it. Need ambassadors not on anyone side, ask around, find out."

"But, Kythira's a dangerous wahnga, eh? Need skilled warrior to be our eyes and ears. Got to take help wherever we can, don't matter what great power they answer to."

Botj's eyes flick back and forth between the dragonborn and the goliath, "Will you help us scaly one and bigfella?"

[sblock=ooc]I'd be happy to have either/both Raiko and Bann-ur. I had initially conceived the adventure for 5, but thought I'd run it with 4 if no one new came in the tavern. It'd be a riot to have a running paladin squabble! But if you'd rather take Raiko on Mal's adventure Scorpius, that's definitely cool too.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]As long as I'm not standing in the way of anyone else getting in the adventure, I'd love for Bann-ur to join in![/sblock]
The goliath weaves his fingers together and stretches his arms in front of him, cracking his knuckles loudly before standing up from the protesting table. Using his maul like a walking stick he strolls over to the others with a *thump*, *thump*,*thump*. "To help you I would enjoy much, if believe you do that I may serve well." Bann-ur tells the ghostly head.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Raiko's Age]Yeah, 17 is like being in his early twenties.[/sblock]

Raiko looked down at the Sorcerer but wasn't quite sure what to make of him. It was clear that he wasn't entirely sincere but he sure to what degree. "I have no intention to smite any one with so simple an equation."

He spoke to the tiefling perhaps more than he answered the mage.
"Keep your friends close and your enemys---" "Oh never mind." Alnar mumbles something about the drow being right about paladins.

pacdidj

First Post
"Manymak, very good. It settled then, eh? You gonna come help us find missing tjurunga. Many thanks." Botj looks somewhat heartened as he says this, nodding his thanks to each of his newfound heroes in turn.

"I fill you in with more story when you get here, and take you to see Matjala. One thing first though. I can't open portal for you or anything like that. No portal here with us on the Living Isle. You mob gotta get here yourselves, eh? Maybe you find sailing ship to take you."

The apparition's brow furrows with worry once more, as he says "Better hurry though. Ancestors grow restless everyday tjurunga is out of safekeepers hands. No telling what dangers coming from the deep waters without the great ancestor's protection."

"I meet you when you get here. Can't stay with you like this. Make me tired reaching through Dream this long. Look for me on the shores of Kythira," With this, Botj's spectral form blurs, and fades out of the tavern, leaving your party to find some means of transportation.

[sblock=ooc]Alright, our complete party is:
Ferris Cacamoujai (samursus) - Longtooth Shifter Cleric (1) - Leader
Alnar (Luinnar) - Human Sorcerer (1) - Striker
Jezebel (Dekana) - Tiefling Paladin (1) - Defender
Bann-ur (Phoenix8008) - Goliath Warden (1) - Defender
Raiko (ScorpiusRisk) - Dragonborn Paladin (1) - Defender

Whenever you're ready, go ahead and finish up in the tavern and exit through the front door to begin adventuring.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Good it is to be employed so soon after arriving." the goliath rumbles in his deep voice while setting his maul atop his right shoulder. "To docks we must go then? Transport to be found there perhaps." he finishes. Gathering up what little gear he has, when the others are ready Bann-ur makes his way to the door and squeezes through the small frame once more to reach the streets outside.

samursus

Explorer
Ferris sighs..."Another sea journey so soon after the last..." Ferris looks around at his companions "And in such odd company..."

Ferris heads out the door.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads