Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I just need to know the first thing you want to do and I'll post the new thread.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]As I implied in the last post, I intend to start by tracking down and talking to what's left of Merryl gang. You said that only Merryl and 5 or 6kids had disappeared so presumably the others are hiding somewhere, scared.

I asked Nelly earlier to guide me to them.
[/sblock]

"You have my sword!" After a brief struggle Bell unsheathes it from her belt. She holds it up excitedly, then leans over toward Rhole and speaks in a near whisper. "I've always wanted to say that."

-''Wait, you have a sword?'' says Charina with a hint of alarm in her voice. ''I mean... yay, I have your sword. But... uh, you got magic too, right?''

Suddenly Nelly pulls on Charina's sleeves to get her attention and whispers something in her ears.

-''But Chari... I though you said you didn't want any gnomes.'' the kid asks inquisitively.

[sblock=7 pages ago]
-''I AM HIRING FOR A RESCUE MISSION! I AM PAYING DOUBLE WHAT THAT GUY IS PAYING!'' she shouts, pointing at the other rescue party. ''BUT I WANT THE BEST! No, not you. You are a gnome, be serious. I said the best.'
[/sblock]

-''Of course not! They are just as irritating as elves but with half the effectiveness. Why bother?'' Charina replies in a whisper.

-''But he is a gnome!'' Nelly nods toward Rhole.

-''What?! I thought he was just a small, chubby duergar! Oh, you gotta be kidding me...'' bemoans softly Charina. '''Now I am adventuring with an elf AND a gnome...''

When Derien and Rhole look at Charina congressing with Nelly, she quickly shakes off her frown and gives them a thumb up with her best phony smile.

-''All right, people. Let's go find what's left of Merryl's band!''

[sblock=OOC]I am starting to think there is some Michael (from the Office) in my portrayal of Charina![/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell takes her sword, sheathes it, and looks at Charina completely deadpan. "I am an arcane linguist. This is just a conduit." And then excited again. "A really neat conduit."

Luinnar

First Post
Alnar looks around amazed at how fast the tavern can clear out. There is still the bugbear, three halfings, half a dozen dwarfs (there is always dwarfs in here from what he hears) and the obligatory shady ranger in the corner however. Oh and the disembodied quest giving head. Can't forget about that one.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The door to the Tavern opens, revealing a massive humanoid form dressed in hide armor from toe to shoulder. The head is an unknown though, as the door frame is not tall enough to let it be seen yet. One thick arm reaches in, leaning a big maul against the wall inside the door. After this, the humanoid bends down to duck his bald head under the door frame as he comes into the tavern fully. Straightening up to his full 7'8", the goliath stretches his thickly muscled arms over his head and lets out a yawn like a gust of wind rolling down a mountain. His skin is as dark and gray as a stormcloud, with jagged white markings like lightning splitting the darkness. His eyes glow with a bright blue light the color of a clear spring sky. Retrieving his maul, he notices a sign posted about stating one's name when entering. Turning to the other patrons and putting his hands on his hips, the goliath announces "Bann-ur am I. Warrior for hire."

Making his way into the tavern, the goliath moves to a table freshly cleaned off by one of the serving wenches. Thanking her with a smile and a nod, he orders a drink in the biggest mug they have available. Turning, he looks at the chairs scattered around the table with a small scowl for a familiar problem. Scooting some of the chairs away, he sits himself down ON the table itself which creaks under his massive weight but manages to hold without splintering. Once the waitress brings his drink, he sips at it while watching all around him with intent eyes.

Bann-ur - Male Goliath Warden 1 (still awaiting approval)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[Sblock=Rollcall for an adventure]
All right, the inn is much emptied and there is still an adventure recruiting, also for a missing person (what are the odds?! ;) )

I have an adventure approved that can take PCs of any level.

Trapped in Hell's basement

I have a strong suspicion that it may take a while to gather enough PCs and I don't want to interfer with the recruitment of Pac, so I will keep this OOC for the moment.

Therefore, anyone looking for an adventure, raise your hand!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
All right, the inn is much emptied and there is still an adventure recruiting, also for a missing person (what are the odds?! ;) )

I have a strong suspicion that it may take a while to gather enough PCs and I don't want to interfere with the recruitment of Pac, so I will keep this OOC for the moment.

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]This one actually seemed right up my alley, but I was antsy to get playing and so ended up jumping on the first adventure of my level that came along...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
johnmeier's game is close to finished so there'll be 5 PC's coming into the tavern soon. Also RickRoll has a level 3 adventure approved, and I have my level 1 as well so yeah there's lots of stuff out there.

[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post

I have a strong suspicion that it may take a while to gather enough PCs and I don't want to interfer with the recruitment of Pac, so I will keep this OOC for the moment.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Raising hand]Bann-ur is a new level 1 Goliath Warden seeking adventure. But as he is my 3rd PC, he pretty much has to be the last person standing in the Tavern because he has to defer to anyone else present to go before him. Unless maybe there just isn't another defender to fill the hole for some DM's adventure.[/sblock]

Remove ads