Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Bobode

First Post
A striking young human strides into the bar. As he walks towards the bar his face is partly covered by his long dark hair. Despite this his determined dark brown eyes are clearly visible to the patrons. He is clad in a dark, loose leather armor, and from his hips is hanging a sheathed dagger.Though rather tall he is moving his nimble body freely and gracefully, as though he had no concerns in the world.

As he reaches the bar, he leans over the counter, looks the bartender into the eyes and orders a large mug of beer. Waiting for his drink, he turns around to face the other patrons. Leaning his elbows on the counter he speaks in a clear, forceful tone, clearly meant for all in the room to hear:

"I am Verloc. If any of you needs a job done, you know I am the one you need."

As his beer is placed beside him, he tips the bartender, grabs the keg and takes a long sip, all while gazing expectantly from the one end of the bar to the other, then back again.

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Tonk gasps with shock and hops to his feet, nearly knocking over the table.

"Hey, I here first!"

"Everybody, I is Tonk. You need job? I one you need! Look! I even have two letter of reference and diploma from Crazy Mace Master from Other Universe! And, see?! Is two teeth from vampire that I help kill!"

"So, there!"
says Tonk to Verloc, sticking out his tongue before sitting down.

The waitress brings Tonk his pig and goat's milk. "Oooooh! Piggy!"

Bobode

First Post
Verloc looks at the rambling half-orc. Having just taken a big sip of his beer, he almost chokes as he starts laughing. A cascade of golden liquid spews from his mouth as he tries to speak:

"Hahahmmhmphh, youhuhahmph"

Gaining control once again, Verloc continues:

"Hahaha, you are one funny half-orc! Diploma... ha!"

He winks at the half-orc.

"If you keep your blade as sharp as your wit, I don't doubt your abilities."

Having spilled most of his beer over the floor he looks down in his keg, takes it to his mouth and finishes the rest. With a sorry for the mess in his eyes he turns to the barkeep, flings a coin over the counter and leaves the bar, still chuckling to himself:

"Letter of reference... Diploma.. Phht haha!"

renau1g

First Post
"Easy Tonk, ain't nobody stealin' nothin' from ya right now anyways, why don't ya wait until someone comes in and says they be needin' yer help before ya get so mad" the human resting in the chair jokes with the half-orc as he lifts his feet up as the other rocks the table. He quickly lunges forward and with catlike reflexes grabs the ale that's about to fall off the table and returns it to its resting place.

With a wide grin he settles back into his seat, feet propped back on the table, he pulls a dagger and begins cleaning his fingernails. A large sword rests against the wall behind him and a small shield at its base.

KenHood

First Post
"Big sissy!" says Tonk to the retreating Verloc, "Say rude thing and run away! Why not you come back and receive ritual Beating of Learn Good Manners?"

Tonk snorts in disgust as the thief leaves the bar, then turns his attention to the whole pig, tearing off the tail and the snout, offering them to Murphy. "Which one you want? Both is good. Snout is chewy, but tail is crunchy. I let you pick first. You can have ear, too, because is two of them, so we each get one."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"I am Shorrin, son of Jagar and I accept that challenge!" Shorrin roars as he enters the tavern. He rushes headlong at Tonk, stopping a mere foot from him. "Come, let's drink." he laughs as he pats his companion on the back.

KenHood

First Post
Confused, Tonk studies Shorrin for a moment.

"Ooooooh..."

"No, not call 'challenge'. This call 'snout', and this call 'tail'. I understand confuse of you, because Allarian is much hard language, but is okay. With practice, be much more easy, yes?"

"Anyway, I already give Murphy choice of snout or tail, so you need wait. Then I give you what he no pick."

renau1g

First Post
"Thanks Tonk, but I couldn't git in tha way a' yer, and Shorrin's, celebratin'. Tell ya what, you each take one and I'll let ya buy ol' Murphy a pint, savvy?" Murphy replies

Remove ads