Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

renau1g

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open and a humanoid enters, a small bolt of lightning leaps from one of his outstretched hands and back to the other, as he steps into the room. His skin is blue, with softly glowing lightning bolts that criss-cross his body, the man has an open jacket on, and his muscular frame displayed for everyone to see. He gestures for a minute and a gust of wind appears, blowing the clothing behind him softly, the blue and gold coat rippling in the wind. The person looks around the room and then claps his hands together, a thunderclap accompanies the action, as his cold, white, pupil-less eyes stare.

"Greetings mortals, I am Ashir, master of the elements, student of Lao Teshlyn, court magus, hunter of Oni. I have heard tales from my countrymen that this tavern is a meeting place for those seeking fortunes, adventure, and power. Have I been told the truth?" the genasi says confidently, lightning crackling over his body as he speaks.

He bears no obvious weapons besides a simple white staff across his back.

[sblock=OOC]
Level 1 Genasi Wizard - more blaster than controlling, but still enough of the second ;) - L4W:pC:Ashir (renau1g - ENWiki)
All the effects are just uses of Prestidigitation
I'm sure most, if not all, of you would know Lao, court magus according to the wiki.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng raised an eyebrow. It seemed the freaks show was today and he was not informed to dress appropiatedly. "That depends on your talent, or lack of it, honourable traveller. Displaying those minor tricks its not always the best of choices, if you are to take the humble advise of a humble person. Attracting undesirable attention is often more easy than to attract the correct attention."

renau1g

First Post
"These tricks, as you call them, I find them to be useful when dealing with mere mortals, they are usually swayed by such demonstrations. Despite your attestations of humility, you are likely not a simple person else you'd be impressed by such a display" the genasi replies, his white eyes settle on Sheng "Your accent sounds familiar traveler, where would you be from?" he asks.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"A warrant, investigating suspicious activity?" Raiko smiles. "Yes. I think that sounds much more to my liking."

He then turns to the other two men, who have already begun to bicker. "Now I have not made anyone explode. My weapon is the sword. If this man really did study under Lao Teshlyn, then I'm sure we will see more than tricks as soon as the fighting starts."

He pauses a moment. "If he lies, than I'm sure he will die without honor, likely as soon as the fighting starts."

renau1g

First Post
The newcomer turns his attention to the dragonborn, "Wait... you have knowledge of Lao Teshlyn? How have you heard of my master this far from the Kingdom?" Ashir asks

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''So... I am very confident going into this investigation with one dragon brother. Yep. I am goin to pretend that there was never another one and that this pint of ale was for Max all along.''

Patrin eye's go wide in wonder when Ashir appears. He almost claps his hands! He is deflated when it is pointed out that this is really minor magic. He coughs to hide his embarassment.

-''All right, seems like I have a good crew. I think we are ready to leave.''

[sblock=OOC]Tomorrow is my last day of work before a week of vacation. That means plenty of free time. I need some of it to tweak the adventure a bit to take advantage of backgrounds and the proliferation of Jadite.

I should start this adventure thread late friday or maybe saturday.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng smiles lasciviously at Patrin foolishness. "Your point has shown to be most accurate." Sheng bows ceremoniously "My name is Sheng, monk of the Zim Clan and we were at the orders of the Iron Emperor before our clan was decimated by Onis, and we flee to these lands. Unfortunately the destiny had me lost contact with my family upon a shipwreck. Would you, by chance, have come across ones dressed similarly to me? I also have knowledge of your honorable master. Perhaps..." Sheng looks around at the amount of jadites assembled. "Our paths are joined by such a trivial event like this for a reason. There is not such thing as randomness."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
A monk of Jade, spread apart from his clan by Oni. Perhaps a test of the sword? Raiko face turned grim at Sheng's words.

"I have good news for you friend." He says to Sheng. "Though no new poor news either. I agree with your assessment though. When we have completed our task I would like to assist you in yours. It may be the same path as my own quest."

renau1g

First Post
"Open your eyes mystic man. You ares not the only Jadeite in the room." Raiko stands, preparing to leave.

Ashir's mouth drops for a moment then he corrects himself and returns to his proud manner.

Sheng smiles lasciviously at Patrin foolishness. "Your point has shown to be most accurate." Sheng bows ceremoniously "My name is Sheng, monk of the Zim Clan and we were at the orders of the Iron Emperor before our clan was decimated by Onis, and we flee to these lands. Unfortunately the destiny had me lost contact with my family upon a shipwreck. Would you, by chance, have come across ones dressed similarly to me? I also have knowledge of your honorable master. Perhaps..." Sheng looks around at the amount of jadites assembled. "Our paths are joined by such a trivial event like this for a reason. There is not such thing as randomness."

"Yes, it certainly must be destiny. How otherwise could it be explained that five individuals have traveled by different roads to end up at the same location in a land thousand of miles from our own? I have long surmised that the Shifting Seas were not a random elemental nature event, but rather a device used by the gods to move us, their pawns, around the board to complete tasks they need done. I hope that in this instance our paths will allow us to determine some manner we can aid our country against those foul Onis. I have spent years learning of them and determining the best way to battle them, but they are elusive and permeate our fair nation." Ashir replies, returning the bow to the other.

Remove ads