Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

duhexenhase

First Post
ooc: I'm still getting used to this forum and it's bbcoding. Thank's for the tip Iron Sky.

Meepo's eyebrows drooped into a worried, submissive angle at the dragonborn's rebuff. He nursed his drink for a moment before seeing that he had no adoring fans in this establishment. More than that everyone was ignoring him. He knew how to rectify that.

He dove from his seat into his pack and rummaged until he found his everburning torch. He unslung his shield and let it fall across his lap has he sat on the floor.

"You must not know the heroic song of Meepo the not-so-giant Beetle slayer! Allow me to sing of my greatness."

With a scaly smile he began thrashing his makeshift club against the dented shield, hissing and screeching nothing close to a melody.

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Hooray, more kobolds in L4W! I believe that makes for 4 now: Vixo, Jax, Papolstaanas, and Meepo. 2 rogues, 1 warlord, 1 warden. I'm going to hunt the other 3 of you down and force you into an adventure one of these days.

Oh, and Meepo: just thought I'd take a quick glance at your character sheet! Two things I noticed:

Our point buy in L4W is 25, so you have a few more to spend.

It's not an error or anything, but your stats are awfully spread out as it is. It seems unwise to make your INT so high when you don't have the Commander's Strike at-will. Likewise, since you can take the best of your INT or DEX to apply to AC, I think you could live without have both so high. Whip training does require 13 DEX (and that is an awesome weapon btw), but your DEX is even higher than that. But again, these aren't errors at all.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Ah...I see ya got some competition fer best singa there Dextyr, well if it'll git ya to stop yer singin' ol' Murphy Tang will buy ya a drink. Whatcha like?" the human asks.

[sblock=duhexenhase]
Oh, forgot to welcome you to L4W! Glad to see Kane's antics are appreciated ;) he's my whirlwind of destruction...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kobolds-only adventure]
I'd be up for running that if you can all get here at the same time (a very difficult feat indeed). I've got a soft place in my heart for the monsters, don't know why, but I do[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=renau1g]Sounds fun! As for gathering up the kobolds, let's see...
Jax is on the second half of his adventure; I'm not sure if there are any fights left after the dragon.
Papolstaanas's group is about to go after a group of murderers, so there's at least a fight there.
Vixo's group is... well, I can't tell from a quick glance, lol. Seems like they have a lot left to do.
And Meepo is in the tavern, but hopefully he'll get into an adventure before the other kobolds are finished with theirs.

I still want to make it happen though! After A Simple Errand, I think I'll have Jax hang out in the tavern until some of the others wrap up their adventures. (3 kobolds would be enough I think, with 1-2 softskins if needed.) I can focus on my Tiefling until then.[/sblock][sblock=mewness]I agree! After Jax's adventure finishes up, I'll hang out in the tavern for a bit to see if we can't get a kobold group going. Maybe Papolstaanas would be interested? ;)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well...the second leg is actually just getting started, so probably 3-ish months before wrapping up... now with Finch gone maybe Meepo could join us? He'd be a level 1 with some 3's, but Crag can be the meatshield and Ingot's more of a front-liner so Meepo could be in the second row and "tag" enemies with his whip. With your STR that low I think you'd be better with Commander's Strike than Brash Assault as you likely won't be hitting too often. I think you'd want to bump up STR to at least 16...a 14 in your main stat is likely far too low unless you don't mind missing more than 1/2 the time.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm all for it (if Meepo is willing of course). The power difference between levels 1 and 3 isn't so great that Meepo would get slaughtered (and some of us are level 2). Plus, it would mean 2 kobolds free at the same time when A Simple Errand finishes.

Maybe our employer is still at the bar and is getting anxious that we haven't returned yet?[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

LOL the world is being taken over by kobolds.... Never thought I'd see the day!

duhexenhase:

Sorry for the rather rude Shorrin, he's still mad at how "his" steal was stolen lol. Like he ever even hit the freaking thing... Anywho, welcome to L4W! [/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"You must not know the heroic song of Meepo the not-so-giant Beetle slayer! Allow me to sing of my greatness."

With a scaly smile he began thrashing his makeshift club against the dented shield, hissing and screeching nothing close to a melody.
"Oh! Oh! I know this song!" shouts Tonk in surprise. He joins in, bellowing in a bone-rumbling bass, and slamming the table with his fist. Through it all, he manages to rip off the head of the pig, bite through its skull, and suck out its brains.

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=Dekana, Mewness, and renau1g]

I thought there was something fishy about the stats of the other characters I snooped while making my own. Those two points will come in handy. :3

I couldn't decide between Commander's Strike and Opening Shove. If I'm reading OS correctly, I can target an ally to make them shift one, and then allow another ally to shift Intmod. I'd be whipping my compatriots into a flanking shape. It even has a CS like ability, granting an ally a basic attack if I hit an enemy. I'm hoping OS has more tactical benefit.

As for my stats, they are pretty much spread. I'm not quite sure what I want to be doing. My laptop recently crashed so I only have the trial versoin of CB. I think I was planning on allowing my allies to use my actions and not carring so much whether or not I hit - the true leader way.

I am, however, open to any suggestions.

I would so be down for a kobold adventure. That would be shifty.

In Lord Byron's I'm in the middle of reading the epic battle at the three building main camp area. Good thing Stanng remembered his lay on hands.

As for Brash Assault, I was thinking that the effect would trigger whether I hit or not. Sometimes it might be worth being hit to allow a stronger ally to get a shot in.

And I would be more than willing to join an adventure.

Sorry for consolidating all of this in one sblock. I'm not quite sure how best to respond to everyone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Onlythestrong]
Thank you for the welcome, and no worries about any rudeness. My character was raised knowing that he was the champion who would one day save the world. And, maybe one day, he'll even defeat an enemy! :D
[/sblock]

"...and while the great big beetlely beast did fuss and fret and fire and fume
there stood and shook one braverly 'bold who knew of and planned that monster's doom
to arms to arms he shrieked and screamed and sent his brothers far far ahead
because he knew when the battle was done that they, and not he, would be doubly dead!"

Meepo continued to thrash as Tonk joined in.

"Yay! Adoration!"

His song finished, Meepo left his property splayed on the ground and bounded towards his fellow singer. "I can become punch brother too?"

Last edited:

Remove ads