Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Luinnar

First Post
"I'm Jezebel. Paladin. For those girri you mentioned, I'll be glad to run through the thieves and get your tjuranga back. Or it sounds like you're still hoping for peace, eh? Kind of silly when your people are starving, I'd say. But if you want, I'll just 'insist' the thieves give back your whatever-it-is."

[sblock=ooc]Take a level 1 paladin? I don't do much damage, but I give huge penalties to enemy attack rolls. :p

It's my second character and I'm in another adventure with the first, so I'll make room if needed of course.[/sblock]
War will bring more deaths than famine ever will Tiefling. I've seen too many senseless killings in my time....

[sblock=ooc]Your powers will help a lot keeping me alive when I use my close range Burning Spray ability![/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Are you kidding me? Another missing person?! Is that some great conspiracy to prevent me from finding enough adventurers to rescue MY missing person? Come on people, there has to be a few serious adventurers around here. People who have killed a monster or two in their life and who aren't using cheap equipment. Is this inn fulled of virgins?!'' Charina asked, trying poorly to control her impatience to rush to her friend's rescue.

[sblock=OOC]Still looking for adventurers level 2-4. Hey Dunamin, don't you have colleagues from your adventure?[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"I'm Jezebel. Paladin. For those girri you mentioned, I'll be glad to run through the thieves and get your tjuranga back. Or it sounds like you're still hoping for peace, eh? Kind of silly when your people are starving, I'd say. But if you want, I'll just 'insist' the thieves give back your whatever-it-is."

Botj eyes the dark-clad tiefling, taken aback for just a moment at her brashness. "You mistake my words, eh dark one? Us Rripangu and Djaapana not be peaceful about stolen tjurunga because we choose, we peaceful because we have to be. Our sacred trust of the tjurunga more important than anything else for us. But, too many gnome and shifter, not enough of the people, eh?"

"Matjala, him hot-headed about it. Thinks maybe we should lead war party. I yaka agree. He have his theories, but who knows who stolen our heritage? That's why we need ambassador, and scout. Find out what's going on. If killing is needed, so be it."

Botj looks appraisingly at Jezebel for a moment, then continues, "You a fierce warrior, eh? Good at getting job done? Maybe you come along, help find tjurunga. We make you gift of girri, both benefit."

[sblock="ooc"]So now we've got:
Ferris Cacamoujai (samursus) - Longtooth Shifter Cleric (1) - Leader
Alnar (Luinnar) - Human Sorcerer (1) - Striker
Jezebel (Dekana) - Tiefling Paladin (1) - Defender

Need at least one more.[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
The tiefling speaks in a somewhat soft voice, "I'm Jezebel. Paladin. For those girri you mentioned, I'll be glad to run through the thieves and get your tjuranga back. Or it sounds like you're still hoping for peace, eh? Kind of silly when your people are starving, I'd say. But if you want, I'll just 'insist' the thieves give back your whatever-it-is."

Jezebel notices a few of the bar's patrons staring at her. She looks away, uncomfortable with the glares.

As one of those staring Ferris feels quick anger at her words fading as he watches the newcomer. Her words, though condescending, are very similar to his thoughts in his redder moods...

"Mayhaps Hyrellon was right to send me out... " he mumbles to himself. "If'n I am finding mine own thoughts reflected in those of that dark one... Still, she looks like she can fight."

taran

First Post
"Is this inn fulled of virgins?!'' Charina asked, trying poorly to control her impatience to rush to her friend's rescue.
"Probably not, no. Is it important?" Derien Falk, cleric of Netari, has chosen exactly the wrong moment to reenter the Hanged Man.[sblock=Derien]Level 2 cleric in the house. I've got enough xp for level 3, just haven't submitted him for approval yet. I have a character in the other missing persons adventure, too, though, so no worries if someone else needs the slot.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Botj eyes the dark-clad tiefling, taken aback for just a moment at her brashness. "You mistake my words, eh dark one? Us Rripangu and Djaapana not be peaceful about stolen tjurunga because we choose, we peaceful because we have to be. Our sacred trust of the tjurunga more important than anything else for us. But, too many gnome and shifter, not enough of the people, eh?"

"Matjala, him hot-headed about it. Thinks maybe we should lead war party. I yaka agree. He have his theories, but who knows who stolen our heritage? That's why we need ambassador, and scout. Find out what's going on. If killing is needed, so be it."

Botj looks appraisingly at Jezebel for a moment, then continues, "You a fierce warrior, eh? Good at getting job done? Maybe you come along, help find tjurunga. We make you gift of girri, both benefit."

The tiefling in black shows a faint smile at Botj's response. "Of course; we can't just go around killing the wrong people, now can we? You'll have my sword and shield for the investigation." Despite Jezebel's choice of words, she does not seem particularly well armed. She is wearing only the dark clothing and a dagger sheath at her side.

She ignores the arcanist's chastisement.

[sblock=Alnar]If I may take a quick glance at your sheet:
Your Reflex and Will defenses are off in the summary. It should be Reflex 12, Will 17. The values in the math section are correct.

I think it's typical to list all skills in the summary, not just the trained ones (although I suppose either style is fine).

Chromatic Orb: the blue and violet effects are mixed up (damage types are correct).

Melee basic attack: You get your weapons proficency bonus to the attack roll (if you're proficient of course). The quarterstaff's bonus is +2, and you have +2 strength. You also add strength to damage, and quarterstaffs do d8 damage, not d6. The line should read Quarterstaff +4 vs AC 1d8+2. If you wanted to list the dagger you have (+3 proficiency bonus), it would be Dagger +5 vs AC, 1d4+2.

Dragonfrost: You might want to mention that this power can be used as a ranged basic attack, either in the power summary or in the ranged basic entry.

Equipment: You don't have to pay for the cloth armor you start with (you start with "basic clothing and 100 gold pieces"). I didn't think you had to track its weight either, but I can't find a line in the PHB to support that. /shrug

Equipment: The ritual book costs 50gp, and the comprehend languages ritual costs an additional 50gp. You won't be able to afford the ritual just yet. (Unlike wizards who start off with a ritual book and a 3 rituals, sorcerers start with neither).

That's all I saw. ScorpiusRisk ninja'd my post with an approval, but I caught a few things he missed. =p[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Alnar]If I may take a quick glance at your sheet:
Your Reflex and Will defenses are off in the summary. It should be Reflex 12, Will 17. The values in the math section are correct.

I think it's typical to list all skills in the summary, not just the trained ones (although I suppose either style is fine).

Chromatic Orb: the blue and violet effects are mixed up (damage types are correct).

Melee basic attack: You get your weapons proficency bonus to the attack roll (if you're proficient of course). The quarterstaff's bonus is +2, and you have +2 strength. You also add strength to damage, and quarterstaffs do d8 damage, not d6. The line should read Quarterstaff +4 vs AC 1d8+2. If you wanted to list the dagger you have (+3 proficiency bonus), it would be Dagger +5 vs AC, 1d4+2.

Dragonfrost: You might want to mention that this power can be used as a ranged basic attack, either in the power summary or in the ranged basic entry.

Equipment: You don't have to pay for the cloth armor you start with (you start with "basic clothing and 100 gold pieces"). I didn't think you had to track its weight either, but I can't find a line in the PHB to support that. /shrug

Equipment: The ritual book costs 50gp, and the comprehend languages ritual costs an additional 50gp. You won't be able to afford the ritual just yet. (Unlike wizards who start off with a ritual book and a 3 rituals, sorcerers start with neither).

That's all I saw. ScorpiusRisk ninja'd my post with an approval, but I caught a few things he missed. =p[/sblock]

[sblock=Dekana]Thanks very much for the help! So the "cost for a book containing a ritual" is not the same thing as a ritual book?[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Probably not, no. Is it important?" Derien Falk, cleric of Netari, has chosen exactly the wrong moment to reenter the Hanged Man.[sblock=Derien]Level 2 cleric in the house. I've got enough xp for level 3, just haven't submitted him for approval yet. I have a character in the other missing persons adventure, too, though, so no worries if someone else needs the slot.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charina's adventure]
So let's see, rogue, warlock, bard, bard, cleric. PERFECT! Esp. if cleric is melee type :p :]
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Soon after Derien enters, he is followed by a tall, square-shouldered woman with tightly curled, short greenish hair over gray skin, marbled with streaks of slightly translucent pink that seem to catch the light like gemstones. She wears a brand new leather armor, worked with embossed runes, over a sleeveless tunic and tight-fitting trousers of some colorless, slightly stretchy material. The hilt of a longsword pokes over her right shoulder, within easy reach.

"I am Ikniqpalagaq. My sword is for hire," she announces, in compliance with the rules of this place. As her eyes adjust to the indoor, she scans the room, and spots Rhole. "Ah, Rhole. My thanks again for your assistance in purchasing this armor. The workman was most skilled, as you promised. It fits me well, but I am still uneasy with wearing the skins of dead animals. Are you sure there will be no disapproval?"

She takes in Rhole's companions, who seem to be in discussion with several small children (taking Bell for a child) about a matter of some urgency. She asks Rhole, "Have you found more work already, then?"

[sblock=ooc]Ikni is a genasi shielding swordmage 3 (500 xp short of 4). As a defender, she's fairly good in melee and pretty decent at tying up one or two enemies. Fair warning for prospective DMs: she has a lot of options for immediate actions, which she uses pretty frequently.[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
The man's disembodied head angles down to look at the small, eager creature, and his brow furrows. "Eh? What're you then? Some kind of flying fox? Yaka, yaka, no! I got no food for you. And I don't need critters, I needin adventurers. Go tell your friend, eh? That strange-looking bloke over there with all the noise. Got problems with some other little folk, some gnomes, maybe. Maybe him can help us, maybe he find it worth his while."
Rock responds with a puzzled look, seeing as he understands little more than extremely rudimentary Allarian. He does get the notion of returning to Rhole, however – "noise" seems to have been a keyword in that regard - and flutters back to nest in his partner’s hair.

Bell looked over and saw the flute sticking out of her bag and seemed immediately embarrassed. She pushed it back down, further into the bag.

"Oh no sir, I'm sorry I don't really play. I'm an arcane linguist. That's just for thinking times."
“Ah well, never too late to start. Absolutely no need to "sir" me, by the way; I’m hardly much older.”

"Ah, Rhole. My thanks again for your assistance in purchasing this armor. The workman was most skilled, as you promised. It fits me well, but I am still uneasy with wearing the skins of dead animals. Are you sure there will be no disapproval?"
“Don’t worry about the black leather, Ikni, or the flaming fist designs. In fact, we could make it even more wicked next time by looking into wearing whole dead animals!”

"Probably not, no. Is it important?" Derien Falk, cleric of Netari, has chosen exactly the wrong moment to reenter the Hanged Man.
She takes in Rhole's companions, who seem to be in discussion with several small children (taking Bell for a child) about a matter of some urgency. She asks Rhole, "Have you found more work already, then?"
“Girls, I’d like you to meet two of my great dragonslaying companions. This is Derien, who sings ominous choir-vocals for the band, and Rock Chi- uh, Ikniqpalagaq, who smashes instruments on stage! By staring at them hard!”

“… That’s how it went in my dream, at least.”

Rhole orders a round of drinks for all assembled at the table, offering to play a song as payment. Conversely, the bartender hands over the filled tray free of charge, on promise that he not plays – something about a shipment of fine crystal wine glasses that just arrived.

“So, yes, I understand Charina here has some problem with missing people, conspiracies, and virgins? I could jam a theme song on that concept alone!”

[sblock=Decisions, decisions]
Just a note to tell there is also Charina who is recruiting for an adventure DMed by me. Level 2-4 and between 3-6 PC. Mal Malenkirk (Charina's player) is the one deciding the crew, as the adventure is related to him.
Still looking for adventurers level 2-4. Hey Dunamin, don't you have colleagues from your adventure?
Sure, aside from Derien and Ikni, Haruka might also arrive shortly, though Ironheart is taking a break.

I suppose Rhole’s up for either adventure, though Mal’s game would probably allow him to stick with more of his old group, leaving pacdidj’s open for newcomers. Interested. :)
[/sblock]

Remove ads