Event idea

cameroth

First Post
event idea

well it seems to me, that the ahoy and carpe dm get tied up by people anyways...but..if there are any suggestions...let me know...right now i am thinking of posting a basic background for the adventure and then the first plot and make a NPC(non-player character) to forward that plot. i would be using the map of greyhawk(flaeness)to base alot of the adventures off of, so if u r not familiar with alot of the places, might want to start checking things out now.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
cameroth said:
well it seems to me, that the ahoy and carpe dm get tied up by people anyways...
That's the point. People use the rooms. If you take over both of them for this on a regular basis, where do the people who would otherwise be using the rooms go?
I'm not dissin' the idea. I'm just pointing out this consideration.

Ruthia

First Post
I think at one point there was a thread concerning the Carpe DM, Ahoy Adventure room issues. If I'm remembering right (And Magi feel free to correct me here) Gabe had said that if there was an increased use and a reason for putting up another DM room, he would. Course my memory is haze, but I seemto remember it from several months ago.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Ruthia said:
I think at one point there was a thread concerning the Carpe DM, Ahoy Adventure room issues. If I'm remembering right (And Magi feel free to correct me here) Gabe had said that if there was an increased use and a reason for putting up another DM room, he would. Course my memory is haze, but I seemto remember it from several months ago.
This is true. If we need more rooms for general use, we'll put them up. But there has to be a clear and currently demonstrated need and not "we're planning to do this so you should put up more rooms now." Right now it's very, very rare that CD and AA are both in use at the same time. We'd rather that people start out using those.

cameroth

First Post
event idea

i would only want to use up either the carpe dm or the ahoy..not both...and as for style of play, it would still be free form play..but everyone needs to understand, that ultra-powerful characters would only cause ultra powerful enemies to appear and i am trying to gradually move up to powerful enemies..i dont want to see ridiculous things from the start..

Bari

First Post
Is this just a gaming group, or a "canon" storyline that -may- affect the ongoings at the tavern, rotunda, and so on?

cameroth

First Post
event idea

the only way it would affect ongoings in the tavern is if most of the people there were involved in the adventure..any and all sorts of storylines could evolve from these random adventures

cameroth

First Post
storyline

i plan on posting a background storyline later today...the oriental storyline will not be THE storyline..i've decided to have the storyline go along a different path, that would allow a different variety of character types and would have an effect that would allow all players to discuss whats been happening while they visit the tavern and other places

Remove ads