• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever Dream Deity Roleplay(Always Open)

RobotRobotI

First Post
(( But I will warn you that if you should act against the mortals, or any other, you shall be re-introduced to death, by force if neccesary.

My destruction was not absolute, as it could have been, and I left the seeds of life to take their place in the cycle of death, the rebirth.))

(( Although yes, these things should be handled in-game. I was just pointing something out that I thought would be problematic in the long run - no offense was intended. I'm enjoying this immensely so far ; I wonder how long it'll be until the world is stable enough to actually play in. =P ))

Albedo

First Post
I will just point out as well that those quotes mostly pertain to minions and followers, not gods. And the reason why I did mention that destruction was not absolute is because I spared well over half of the village involved in the volcano incident. As for the comment to Jemal, that was a warning, and in terms of how much Gods can warn or bost, it really doesn't matter what you say, it matters what you do.

Jochannan

First Post
New God in Town

OOc: I hope its ok if I just jump in like this...

Out of the pain and passion of the deaths of mortal beings, human and watcher and ent and all else sentient, a great cry echoes out of the worlds, and a light appears on the sight of the last battle of the First War. This light fades, and instead stands a new god, born not of gods, but of the hopes and fears and passions and deaths of the creations of the gods. Here stands Jo'karr, god of mortal destiny. He is advocate and inspiration, and as he awakens to the universe for the first time, he roars. Jo'Karr appears as a tall human made of molten silver, with a long, pleated hakama of gold.

Jo'Karr is devoted to the mortal races, he brings the gift of inspiration. For in inspiration, mortals learn of art and music and the creation of better tools to make their lives better, more tolerable. But in this inspiration, some mortals learn of better killing instruments, to shape their surroundings according to their liking by bloodshed. To Jo'Karr, this is appropriate, since he is born of both aspects of mortal life.

Alignment: Neutral
Portfolio: Mortals, Inspiration
Domains: Knowledge, Creation, Destruction

OOC: I'm a friend of Perriculum, and this game sounds absolutley awesome. Please tell me if my first post has any mistakes in it.

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
OOC: Wow, my invert has been born. I'm not sure if hes gonna like me much though :(. One born of the universe, one born of the creations of the gods, both for the same reason, but probably gonna be on different sides. Whooda Thunk It.

Jochannan

First Post
OOC: My God is ok right? I hope I'm not stepping on too many toes... er... divinities... I'm not sure I am your invert though, you bring balance to the universe itself, I just advocate for the little guys in the grand scheme of things, at least, the little guys cabable of appreciating the fact that the universe even exists.

Last edited:

periculum

First Post
ooc: I second the motion appointing shara as over-deity (dm). Selanial has become too distant and complacent in the affairs of god and mortal. also i have no qualms over the misinterpretation of the start of the first war, it has generated very interesting reactions and relations among the deities. I would like to mention though, that whether or not U-Do actively tries to cultivate followers, or even claims having any, any deity that impacts the world, and thereby mortals, would eventually here praise, or pleading, from those mortals. dropping a volcanoe on them would not go unnoticed, and they would thenceforth attempt to stay in ones good graces.

Endovior

First Post
ooctoTonguez
[sblock]
We seem to be resolving into two very loose 'factions'
Tocho-Moss-Traume (creators of living things who are going through the process of establishing relationships)

vs

U-DO-Endovior-Jemal (creators of forces and principles)

Shara has acted as arbitrator so far and the other godlings have faded into the background/not been involved.

Hmm, no idea why you think U-DO is with myself and Jemal. It seems to me that we're adversaries, what with his obsession over the sancitity of the universe, and his open threats against us. Currently, I'm neutral to the first group (though not after this post ;) ), hostile with U-DO, and friendly with Jemal.
[/sblock]

ooctoJochannan
[sblock]
In any event, if you spend a minute looking around (both IC and OOC), you'll note that I'm doing much the same as you seem to be planning on, only I'm doing it on a metaphysical level, as opposed to your physical. If you'd take the time to stop by Endovior's palace, you could probably join our half of the alliance.
[/sblock]

As Moss's avatar does this, this new 'Seeohtoo' briefly rushes into Endovior's Palace through the portal inside the volcano (if you remember, the mages settle near portals, and the volcano erupted under the settlement...), snuffing fire as it went. Endovior's counterstrike was swift and brutal. He took a moment to analyze the foreign gas, prepare a means of annulling it's malign properties (converting it back to beneficient oxygen), and execute this plan. It was not the most thought-out plan. As Endovior cast his new spell, much of this 'Seeohtoo' was converted to oxygen, and his fires burst ever greater, well past the point of exploding. His palace was built to withstand the explosive power typical to a sun, and was rellatively unharmed (although dozens of magelings were inadvertently fried). The planet, on the other hand... the planet was half-immolated. As pure oxygen spreads through the volcano, the heat quickly causes one explosion, which is followed by a raging firestorm, that sreads outwards with the spell, destroying everything that it comes across. Fourtunately, Endovior's countermove came so close after Moss's move, that only half of the planet was cooked (the 'Seeohtoo' had only spread so far before it was all converted to oxygen then to fire). (it is to be noted that a most of the desert tribe of mages lived, despite their presence in the burned region, as the desert is an effective natural barrier to a firestorm, as it contains little that burns... not to mention magical countermeasures)

Endovior is quite angry, though, and he bellows at Moss.

"Moss! You warmongering fool! You caused this! None of this would have happened had you not attempted to kill all animate beings on the world with your vile new death weapon, 'Seeohtoo'! Try it again, and I swear that I will rally my forces against your plants, and bring fire and ruin to the forests that you have created."

RobotRobotI

First Post
Moss's response comes not in words, and not through avatars.

In one swift moment, every mortal and every animal within the remains of the Great Forest find the plants swelling up to quell their life forces.

Plant and Fungi form into packs, sprout spines, and make their way out into the desert, moving slowly, gifted with near nondependence on water. They move out with one intention - kill all that Magic touches.

---

Moss thunders into Endovior's palace, a shapeless form that solidifies into a giant sphere; a mouth appears, directly below a single eye. Moss screams across the cosmos, a sound so loud that the mortal races no longer hear it through their sages but hear it from the skies.

YOU MONSTER
YOU HAVE STRUCK AGAINST BALANCE AND ORDER
YOU HAVE STRUCK AGAINST LIFE ITSELF
YOU BRING FLAMES AND DEATH TO THE MORTAL RACES
YOU ARE VILE, HEATHEN, ENEMY TO THOSE THAT LIVE!

YOUR FOLLOWERS SHALL BE SLAIN, HANGED FROM THE TREES AND LEFT AS A SYMBOL OF WHAT WE DO TO DEVILS.

HUMANS SHALL NEVER AGAIN TOUCH THE WORLD OF THE PLANTS. WE SHALL BLEED ANATHEMA TO THE MORTALS YOU AID : OUR BLOOD SHALL BE VENOM UNTO THEM.

WE SHALL HUNT YOUR FLESHED DEMON SPAWN ACROSS THE WORLDS AND SLAUGHTER THEM WHERE THEY WALK FOR THEY FOLLOW THE WAY OF THE FLAME AND THE SLAYER OF WORLDS.

Moss's exit was as quick as his entrance, and his next stop was not return to his place outside of mortal influence ; He would lay himself atop the remains of the forest, and his children would become bearers of venom and acid. They would thrive under the massive barrier that was Moss, and when he lifted, what was once pure and green would become violet and deathly.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Endovior said:
ooctoTonguez
[sblock]
Hmm, no idea why you think U-DO is with myself and Jemal. It seems to me that we're adversaries, what with his obsession over the sancitity of the universe, and his open threats against us. Currently, I'm neutral to the first group (though not after this post ;) ), hostile with U-DO, and friendly with Jemal.
[/sblock]

[sblock]Yes when I said it seems the godlings are resolving into factions I didn't mean coalitions but more philosophical stands. Moss and Tocho and Traume aren't exactly friendly either but they approach things in a similar way. I admit that U-DO is not easily grouped with Endovior but if he is to be grouped than that seems as good a place as any )plus it may have been my own bias as both Endovior and U-DO have got Traume alarmed:)). Of course with cosmic beings such as these godlings who knows whats going to happen. I just find it amazing that the creation of the universe is such a violent affair! [/sblock]

As Seeohtoo spreads to choke all life ony to be converted to oxygen and explosive flame Traume calls the Watchers of the Fourth Company to rise. Even the Nightwing spreads its wings and pockets of life remain untouched by the destructive fires.

Many are those who die in its wake and these are called to the Place that Traume has made for them. But the fire is absorbed into the bodies of the Watchers and they become the Fiery ones. Traume causes others of the Watchers to bind Seeohtoo and Oxygen and these become the Savage Winds. Traume also sets others to replair the blasted stone of the earth and these become the Earthen forms and last he sets others tobring the Waters of Life to replenish the scolded ground and these become the Watery Ones, Fire Air Earth and Water the Elemental forms

And Traume calls to all existance
"See these my children the Feiry Ones and the Savage Winds, the Earthen Forms and Watery Ones. These shall be as arbiters of your power in this World and shall control and care for each of these powers, that never again shall they be beyond our power to control. Death is mine to give and I claim this right to control what is mine. All you who unleash your power into the Worlds of Life. Know this

I AM the End of All Things and I am Watching. "​

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads