Everything D&D Ever - Temple of the Frog

fireinthedust

Explorer
1) I believe I'm playing a male.

2) Playing a Wizard. Was considering going female Warlock with an Imp, but may save that for later. That said, as long as I'm playing someone who's intelligent and charming, and can hurl blast spells, I'm good. Is the Warlock fairly roguish?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
1) I believe I'm playing a male.

2) Playing a Wizard. Was considering going female Warlock with an Imp, but may save that for later. That said, as long as I'm playing someone who's intelligent and charming, and can hurl blast spells, I'm good. Is the Warlock fairly roguish?
The Warlock can be rogueish, clericish, or mageish, or even fighterish depending on what spells and class abilities you take.

For example, I have my eyes set on a future Dragonborn Warlock [Str/Cha focus] who is going to take Pact of the Blade at 3rd, choose Glaive as his Pact Weapon, and take Polearm Master at 4th. Now he's a horrifying reach-weapon wielder who pokes at everything that comes near him.

You could go human, take Polearm Master at 1st and do the same thing with a standard Glaive (or Halberd, or even quarterstaff!).

Pact of the... Tome gives you three extra cantrips from any class list.

Spell Sniper feat gives you an extra cantrip that requires an attack roll and allows you to ignore cover/concealment.

This edition took my two favorite classes, Bard and Warlock, and did them 100% right imo.

Brother Dave

First Post
As for long term connectivity between characters - Lander is human, so number 1 might not be a good choice, but maybe something involving a common draconic ancestry? The draconic heritage would be latent, only fully manifesting when levels are taken in sorcerer. Otherwise it would show up as oddly colored eyes, discolorations/birthmarks resembling scales, etc. Depending on how the draconic ancestry came to be in the first place, it might not even be limited to members of the same race.

There could also be some tie in with whatever secret organization Lander's parents belonged to (assuming that organization could persist in some form over thousands of years), if that would work better. Whatever fits the story and the world. I'm deliberately leaving the details of the organization vague, since Lander doesn't actually know anything useful or accurate about them (including whether they were actually responsible for killing his parents - or for that matter whether his parents are actually dead) and the details aren't important to his development to this point. That way our intrepid DM :cool: has the freedom to work it into the adventure however she wants (or not). Maybe there could be some tie in (or rivalry) with the shadowy organization that 'created' The Kestrel?

*edit* - changed "might be" to "might not be". :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I start a new job on Tuesday.

This may cause a delay in the start of the IC as I get settled in. I'll try to review all the characters posted in the RG this coming week. Recruiting will definitely close on the 15th so get your characters in by then.

Remove ads