• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

evil circus

Gundark

Explorer
My group plays in a steampunk D&D campaign. I want to players to investigate a circus where locals have been dissapearing. The circus is involved with a dark god and are using the people as sacrafices. The ringmaster is a necromancer and has ghoul minions. The PCs are low level (2nd)....just would like some brainstorming ideas from you

Thanks

gordonknox

First Post
Just a thought...

Have you checked out "What Evil Lurks" by Necromancer games?

It has a large circus loaded with many evil characters and plots.

gk

Krug

Newshound
There's the Carnival Crewe from the Creature Collection books by Sword and Sorcery. Not sure if I got the name right...

Crinos

First Post
well...

Its not d20, but you could check out the white wolf Midnight circus book.

Plenty vile though, but there are a few things you could lift from it.

capn_frank

First Post

yennico

First Post
Gundark said:
My group plays in a steampunk D&D campaign. I want to players to investigate a circus where locals have been dissapearing. The circus is involved with a dark god and are using the people as sacrafices. The ringmaster is a necromancer and has ghoul minions. The PCs are low level (2nd)....just would like some brainstorming ideas from you

Thanks
I don´t know if it fits but here are my suggestions.
If you already have undeads in the circus, why do not add a low level Vampire to the circus. This vampire can disguise himself as a clown, so his pale skin can be overlooked. The vampire can feed on the victims who will be sacrificed.

Add a Lizardfolk druid to the circus who "tames" some large lizards and reptiles. If one of this animals escape, the player characters either can be recruited to catch the animal allive or they randomly encounter the animal. If the kill the animal, the Lizardfolk druid will be angered.

Just my 2 cents
yennico

Remove ads