• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evil Monks!

seans23

First Post
interwyrm said:
monk/warlock/enlightened fist? (I have to take a look at this when I get home to see if it works)

Warlocks tend to be chaotic, but I suppose if you work around that you should be ok.
Complete Arcane says that warlocks can use their invocation caster level to meet the enlightenef fist arcane caster level requirement. The prestige classes by type table entry for enlightened fist says that it's best for monk, sorceror, warlock, wizard.

DM_Matt

First Post
iwatt said:
S
When you play a monk as a PC you generally go for the finesse monk, which has great survivability on the long haul (good AC) but usually is frustrating in the damage dealing capacity. Monks are a lot more fun as a DM :] . I usually focus on two of the archetypes i gave you before. As you noticed, strength is usually one of the most important abilities the monk should focus on.

Yeah, finesse monks suck, period. All the cool stuff monks do depends on beating your opopnent at opposed rolls with your strength score, or melee attack and damage, which also goes to your strength score.

One of the most valuable, or perhaps the most valuable, resources in the game are actions. A good special move monk can get extra actions for himself and deny them to others, especially ig you get an item of enlarge person or play a half-orge.

Feats like Combat Reflexes, Hold the Line, and Defensive Throw give you moves on their turn, Defensive Throw, Stunning Fist, Pain Touch, Great Throw, and Large and In Charge deny them actions either entirely (through stun or nauseate) or partially (by making thme prone (action and AOO to get up) or hampering or controlling their movement. These feats can really add up though, so taking 2 or 4 levels of fighter is sometimes a good idea.

Scion

First Post
seans23 said:
Warlocks tend to be chaotic, but I suppose if you work around that you should be ok.

Chaotic and/or evil. The combo could be Lawful Evil and it would work find.

Personally though I have removed all of the alignment restrictions for the class.

Taloras

First Post
Want something nasty? Going up against a lot of wizards, or one that does too much damage? Monk/Reaping Mauler. Grapple the wizards. Imagine a group of 5-6 evil monk grapplers attacking a party....;) wizard easily falls to grapple, rogue has to use Escape Artist(oddly, ive never seen a rogue in our group take it), fighter might be able to get out, but if hes grappled, he cant use his big damage dealing weapons....cleric generally isnt happy either.

Remove ads