Evil Pathfinder lvl20 (gauging interest)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Let's see some evil character ideas.

Basically you're 20th level. Or, more exactly, you have 20 levels to play around with, which means I'm allowing a certain number of monster HD to be here (templates, etc.), if you so choose.

I'm open to suggestions for concepts you'd like to make. Give me a good strategy, or character whatever, and we'll work around things like it.

So far:

Evil Monk
Human Druid
Drow Necromancer (Mal)

Keep it up!

fireinthedust

Explorer
Here's the post for the other games recruitment thread. It's got the rough of the creation rules.

You guys will get the additional benefit of 1) monster PCs, if you want. Play a vampire rogue? A troll or half-troll with a ring of fire/acid immunity? Go wild.

2) You'll get to see the in-character thread of the other game for ideas. In theory you're the long-term campaign bad guys from the last 20+ years (or maybe someone new to the game). If you want to be an evil twin, a lover scorned, an experiment gone awry, go wild.

That DOES NOT INCLUDE reading their stats, and I'll expect you not to read theirs, obviously. However, there's only so many combinations of relevance in Pathfinder, and you'll likely get the geist of what they can do.

3) Your own scenarios: you've got your own issues, not just the other party. In theory, however, this could be a really interesting game of cat & mouse between parties. Anyway....

I recommend picking a character and being their opponent: an evil cleric or anti-paladin for Xanfire; a combat monkey for Rook; a shadowy rogue for Thorn; and some kind of artillery-foe for Hedron (keep in mind he is an archer ranger; how would you beat one? Melee teleporter? Magical shields? Quickling barbarian? Or just an evil archer?)

This will be a Scenario for 20th level characters.

I'm picking characters based on Classic style and interesting features for me as a GM.

Hint: I like classic themes, especially of Sword & Sorcery in the vein of Robert E. Howard and Michael Moorcock. I'd really like characters who are masters of their art and are heroic. I don't care for goofy concepts (though humour is great, not for the main characters; feel free to have a henchman for that stuff).

CREATION GUIDELINES

subjects to adjustment

Ability Scores: 25 point buy, build up normally from 1st (ie adjust stats as you level, race, etc.)
HP: Max, but you'll be fighting tough monsters.
Traits: No

Sources: Pathfinder Core and SRD.

Starting Gold: (tbd; I'm leaning towards Treasure by level, but I'm not sure what the party could use. I haven't done 20th level before, so I dunno).

Posting Expectations:

1) Regular posts, and frequent. I check every day. If we do combat or have a group decision, I will give three days and then move the group forward.

2) Fall behind at your peril. This is a most dangerous game, and if you leave it without notice your character may be devoured most horribly by fell creatures.

3) I will present the world for you to explore. You have options at your disposal, and you will need them. Please use them. If I describe a scene or doorway, ask yourself what you'd do in that situation. Take the initiative, explore it, make the world your own.

4) I want to be entertained. Bring something to the table, or it gets boring for me the GM. I write fiction by myself, don't make me roleplay by myself. Take the initiative, and do something.

5) Respect the group dynamic: interact and try to gel. We have an opportunity to get a really fantastic group going. You'll have a limited number of games you play in your life, especially EPIC ones, so it's up to you to make each one awesome. When you die, hopefully years from now, do you really want to look back and say "wow, I wasted my time with a lot of jerks, and I didn't try as hard as I could have"?

6) If the group encounters a room or a puzzle (which I enjoy) try to figure it out. I sometimes hide easter eggs around my dungeons. Don't overturn every stone, but if you're going up against (say) a giant swarm at low levels, I'm the kind of DM who'll hide area-effect spell-ability-items and swarm-damaging-swords in other rooms before you get there. I don't know how this will play out at epic levels, and as of this writing I haven't done the module yet.
EDIT: keep in mind that, if I put them in there, it's up to you to find them. If they're really important, they'll be in somewhat obvious locations, but I'll let you wander off without them until you get to the BBEG. You're 20th level, no hand-holding. I'm not a killer DM, though, so don't let that scare you off.

7) As Epic-level characters, I'll be designing problems you need to overcome. This may involve a quest, or designing a series of items that can, say, get you to the bottom of the ocean to find a spell component. I won't be worrying too-too much about your character sheets, because I assume you're 20th level: you're the big boys, you need to be able to take care of yourselves.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Core Pathfinder only, though. So that's Core, Bestiary 1 & 2, and I suppose APG if it's in the SRD. There isn't a Ninja or Spy class that I know of.

Remove ads