Evil vs Good: D&D Wargaming

Serpenteye

First Post
The problem is that Simulacrum costs XP to cast, and my character hasn't earned any XP yet. He's only got exactly what he needed to reach his current "level".

Serpenteye

First Post
First Strike

The Shadowlord studied the image in the pool with intense concentration, every fold of the land that had been chosen for the army's path was taken in and analyzed. His untiring mind, cold and calm like the grave, turned the problem over again and again.
The armies of the south had dealt his allies two severe blows, they had grown stronger with their victories and the Lich King's forces had dwindled. The war would soon be lost unless he and his one remaining ally scored a devastating victory against their opposition. No price was too high to pay, no risk too great to take, if well considered and weighed against its benefits.
The focus moved, villages and towns (not major cities) in the enemy territory were studied, their defensive strength asessed, and the Shadowlord allowed himself to smile. They were helpless and ripe for the picking. Their fall would precipitate the end of all civilization in the South. All he had to do was step trough the Astral and carry his chidren to the spawning-ground.

It was time.

ooc: Evening, the day of the battle.

The Shadowlord reached inside a fold in his light-devouring armour and pulled out a small sliver of folded space. With a thought he called the closest of his Shadows to him and sent them into the miniature dimension, activated his Mind Blank and stepped trough the astral plane to an abandoned warehouse in a small coastal city in the south. He opened the Hole and sent five Shadows pouring down into the ground. With a thought he gave them their instructions
"Stay together until your number reaches ten, then divide into equal parts. Attack only isolated groups of civilians inside their homes for the first half-hour. Move quickly but stay hidden. Increase your numbers without raising the alarm. Once the alarm has been called, massacre without prejudice. But do not engage superior enemy forces.
You are free to take your own initiatives as the situation dictates, my orders are general guidelines. As long as you and your children act in a way you believe I would approve of you are free to do as you wish.
Kill every living thing.
The following orders are non-conditional:
Do not leave the province until I give a direct order to do so.
I want one hundred Shadows ready for action under the city square five hours from now, the rest of you are free to rampage trough the province as you see fit."

The Shadowlord teleported again, four more times to four more minor cities and major towns acattered troughout the enemy territory, always to hidden locations. In each settlement he left five Shadows behind, with the same orders as in the first city.

The seeds of shadow sown, he returned to his stronghold in the north.

ooc: 25 Shadows are deployed in 5 minor enemy cities, see orders above.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
As soon as he had returned to his stronghold he called the other thirty Shadows to himself and sent them into the portable hole. The village of Springwell was within marching distance of the army, and if it could be taken they would gain an easy path of entry into the South. The enemy surely knew that the Lich-King's generals had gathered their forces outside their borders and would be preapred for battle. If they could be flanked and attacked from the village while facing the army they would be thrown into disarray. Yes, that should work.

The Shadowlord teleported again, to the village of Springwell and sent thirty Shadows pouring out into the ground.

"Kill all civilians and southlanders in the village, then await further orders. Do not engage superior forces. Attack from cover."

Then he teleports out again, back to his stronghold, to see how the situation developes.

ooc:
30 Shadows in Springwell
25 Shadows in 5 southern cities
Clerics and Wizards with Pyrex's army
3 Elite fighter with the Shadowlord in the Stronghold.

Serpenteye

First Post
Pyrex said:
The current ruling on SLA's (the "rules of the game" series in wizards.com) states that SLA's do not cost XP.

:cool: Tongues, how many simulacra do I get, assuming I started making them when I entered the game? (And I can make 1/day)

---
The Shadowlord makes a brief visit to the camp and takes five minutes casting Greater Shadow Evocation to emulate Wall of Stone. He places a series of crude walls and towers aroung the camp, including triangular bastions (what's the proper word for the triangles in the 17th-18th century european "star fortresses"?) to set up zones of cross-fire against the attackers. The fortress covers enough ground, and has enough covered spaces to protect the army reasonably well against an aerial magical attack (the triangle-spaces are roofed and have arrow-slits). It is given two entrances in each face.

How's this Pyrex?

Code:
  _[U]AAAA[/U]
 Io    oI
<I      I>
<I o  o I>
<I      I>
 Io____oI
   VVVV

Last edited:

Remove ads