Evil vs Good: D&D Wargaming

OldCrowe

First Post
OldCrowe said:
For the sake of brevity, here are my actions for the day:

Dreadlord Crowe shall portal into the Grove and annoint the Marshall with the Dark Bond. When/if the Bard returns, the Marshall may notify me, and I will do the same with him. This will cost a total of 5,000 XP (OUCH!).

After such, I will use the mirror to find the roads surrounding Low Gate, and to see where said roads lead, looking to locate as many towns, cities, and villages as I can. I am not going to give any one location a thorough scrying at this point, this is more of an aerial survey.

Fieari, did you recieve this? I am unsure if it was lost in the previous debate.

Re,

C. Rowe

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
OldCrowe said:
Fieari, did you recieve this? I am unsure if it was lost in the previous debate.

Also my Bards intention to enter the Dragons Lair and recover any remains (both the Druids and the Dragons - and the Dragons army) - I need to know if the good guys left anyone behind guarding the place or if I can just stroll in and out and get back to the 'War'

Fieari

Explorer
The Bards of the Dark Hunt cautiously enter the Fire King's former lair from the mountain entrance outside. Frost covers the sparse prickly foliage that manages to grow this high, and a frigid wind blows strongly, in and out of the cave. It gives the eerie impression that the cave is actually a tremendous mouth, and is breathing. They enter in, cautiously, looking around. They notice that the Kobold traps have been neither triggered nor removed, though there are scorch marks on the walls... fireballs perhaps?

Quietly making their way through the system, they come to the huge pit and make their ways down. No one is around. No one notices. The scrying pool has been untouched, unsullied, undrained. The floor is covered in a lair of dust... former mephits? There are charred kobold corpses, piled in a heap... bones and ashes, mostly.

The cave is empty. No one is around. No treasure, besides the pool, is to be found. It is empty.

It may be difficult to find the specific remains of your master, or the dragon. You suspect that the layer of dust covering the floor and walls is all that is left of them. The breeze that moves through the cave system rustles that dust, so that even now you can see it be disturbed. The ashes of the kobolds don't help either.

---------------------------------------

Starting with the mountains (a location know to you) you follow the roads... there seems to be only one road through the mountains, although a more in depth search may reveal more. This road leads directly to Lowgate, and you witness the gate in question-- a massive iron and steel monstrosity that must be fifty feet high, and connected to a MASSIVE gear to open or close it. The gate is currently closed, likely due to the war. There are merchants camped on the city side of the gate, presumably waiting for the gate to once more open so they may caravan to the shadowed moor.

Roads leading from Lowgate are three... one going directly south, one south-west, one south-east. The sign south reads "Mercitia", south-east reads "New Shore", and south-west reads "Lake Feather". The roads follow the river pretty closely, occasionally crossing it with a bridge. These bridges are connected to winches and chains... drawbridges, except away from a castle. People travel all three roads freely. Trade amongst the cities seems extensive.

Refocusing the mirror takes considerable time, and scouting this far has cost you half the day. Where further would you like to explore?

OldCrowe

First Post
Fieari said:
Starting with the mountains (a location known to you) you follow the roads... there seems to be only one road through the mountains, although a more in depth search may reveal more. This road leads directly to Lowgate, and you witness the gate in question-- a massive iron and steel monstrosity that must be fifty feet high, and connected to a MASSIVE gear to open or close it. The gate is currently closed, likely due to the war. There are merchants camped on the city side of the gate, presumably waiting for the gate to once more open so they may caravan to the shadowed moor.

Roads leading from Lowgate are three... one going directly south, one south-west, one south-east. The sign south reads "Mercitia", south-east reads "New Shore", and south-west reads "Lake Feather". The roads follow the river pretty closely, occasionally crossing it with a bridge. These bridges are connected to winches and chains... drawbridges, except away from a castle. People travel all three roads freely. Trade amongst the cities seems extensive.

Refocusing the mirror takes considerable time, and scouting this far has cost you half the day. Where further would you like to explore?

Firstly, I would like to mark Low-Gate, the road, and the drawbridges on a map for future reference.

I will direct my Goblin Scouts to scout and examine the mountain road. They are to look for other paths through the mountains, and to see if their is any enemy activity. If they encounter the enemy, they are not to make contact, they are only to observe if they can do so from safety, and shall make their way back to their drop point in 8 hours. They shall be inserted to a secluded spot near the road via the mirror, and they shall return there to be picked up. When they are at the drop point, they will be examined via the mirror for signs of duress before a portal is opened.

Once this is accomplished, I would like to inspect the drawbridge leading to Lake Feather, and see what that is all about, seeing if merchants are inspected, guards at the bridge, etc. Once that is accomplished, I will continue my survey of the southwest road until I come across a settlement.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Fieari said:
The cave is empty. No one is around. No treasure, besides the pool, is to be found. It is empty.

It may be difficult to find the specific remains of your master, or the dragon. You suspect that the layer of dust covering the floor and walls is all that is left of them. The breeze that moves through the cave system rustles that dust, so that even now you can see it be disturbed. The ashes of the kobolds don't help either.

The Hunt Master does not linger in the Dragons lair, after a quick sweep for any overlooked treasure or item the Pack leaves and returns to the unholy security of the twisted forest. Even the charred bones remain ungnawed by the unsettled Dog Soldiers.

When he estimates that he is in range he whispers to the wind sending the news to his Raptor waitng in the Grove

"The Dragons Lair is a tomb - Dust is all that remains. The Dark Hunt survives, the Pack Hunts tonight!"

When finally the two brothers and the packs recombine, the Härjulvar (barbarians/warriors) and the Sluagh (pixies) receive the blessing of the Grove and its resident druids, the Howling of the Moon begins and the Pack makes ready to welcome the Dreadlord Crowe.

In the Grove the air is thick, something stirs, something grows...

(ooc edit: Raptor uses the Bond to contact Dreadlord Crowe informing him of the other Hunt Masters return and awaits instructions

NB new druids added using gained CR as well as special monster to be submitted forthwith
)

Last edited:

OldCrowe

First Post
Tonguez said:
(ooc where is Crowes lair in relation to the Forest, how far is it and how am I getting there?

OOC: The location of Crowe's Tower is somewhat of a mystery, nobody has seen it, from the outside at least. Since your Marshall is Bonded he can inform Crowe telepathically that the Bard has returned, and I can pick you up with the mirror, or do the Dark Bond for the Bard at the Grove.

Fieari

Explorer
The Lich-King telepathically communicates to his Generals...

---== The Forces of Light attempt to steal our people. Long have they known that to leave their homes means certain death. Fortunatly, there are those who wisely declined the offer to leave. They may be spared. But now, we have a link, an instant way into the Lands of Good. As my people live in the enemy cities, we may go to them whenever we wish... ==---

(OOC: Any teleport attempt to go to any person that has been thus taken from your lands will automatically be successful)

Serpenteye

First Post
The Shadowlord watches and waits, readying his minions for the battles to come. Soon now, very soon he would strike, and the world would never be the same again.

ooc: Fierari. I am ready. Is everything OK?

Drakknyte32

First Post
Fieari.

Would be alright if I started to play my wraith right now? If I can't I'm going to be bored for a few weeks until the game progresses to my resurrection date.

Remove ads