• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Exalted 4e

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Ok, in all seriousness I think I just had a moment of epiphany. Is it just me or is 4e sounding more and more like Exalted every day? From the names of powers and feats characters can take to the spells and items. I don't know but it seems that's the way it is.

Son_of_Thunder said:
Ok, in all seriousness I think I just had a moment of epiphany. Is it just me or is 4e sounding more and more like Exalted every day? From the names of powers and feats characters can take to the spells and items. I don't know but it seems that's the way it is.
Are you sure it's not just getting more videogamey?

Khairn

First Post
Son_of_Thunder said:

Absolutely. I've been thinking the same thing for a few months now. But its more than just the cosmetic names of things. A number of the themes in Exalted seem mirrored in 4E. And it makes perfect sense. I'm not saying that WotC is copying WW, only that they are going after some of the same gamers, so naturally there would be elements of each game that are similar.

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Devyn said:
Absolutely. I've been thinking the same thing for a few months now. But its more than just the cosmetic names of things. A number of the themes in Exalted seem mirrored in 4E. And it makes perfect sense. I'm not saying that WotC is copying WW, only that they are going after some of the same gamers, so naturally there would be elements of each game that are similar.

I think you're correct.

Rechan

Adventurer
Well, if 4e is trying to be Exalted, it's doing an incredibly excrement-par job of it.

4e would have to go a long way before it could be reasonably comparable. A power name here does not Exalted a D&D make.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Son_of_Thunder said:

I think it sound like WOW

king_ghidorah

First Post
Son_of_Thunder said:

Wow. About a month ago I posted in another thread that I was surprised that people were comparing 4e to WoW and not Exalted. I suppose I just needed to wait longer....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads