Exalted Deeds Versus Vile Darkness, the Final Confrontation!

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Ralam grimaces in pain from the wounds dealt by the champions of goodness. This is going poorly, we need more muscle.

Action: [sblock]*Ralam will tumble (+10) between Darren and the unicorn to try to get to Torr. He will produce a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds and drop it in front of Torr.*

Whispering in Torr's ear, "Drink this and fight tiger-man! We may need the baronesses assistance 'ere long, better to alert her to our situation than lay here like a mewling kitten."

*Ralam will then consume a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds himself before readying his assassin's dagger and returning to the ceiling to study Norin.*

OOC: I'm assuming that Nolin's aura only suppresses the invisibility and that it will return when he moves far enough away. If not he will reactivate Nevereyes after getting far enough away from Nolin.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Torr's continues to remain passive. And...

ooc: drat, forgot about my own supply of curative potions...grrr...

Torr will first call upon Stormrider. "Okay, dear, let's try to make the best of this miserable situation. See if you can't make that tiefling submit to me?" (Uses Stormrider's ability to cast Charm Monster on Darren.)

If he's still under the effect of Haste, he'll down the potion that is dropped off in his lap...making every effort to be as non-threatening as possible.

Jaik

First Post
Now flanking his stealthy opponent, Darren strikes, then strikes again, aiming with cold rage for arteries and organs.

Lichtenhart

First Post
[sorry for the long absence, my life is a bit complicated by now]

[OOC: quick recap for what concerns me directly, please tell me if I'm wrong. Norin and Darren, with the help of two unicorns, are flanking Ralam, who is stunned this round and staggered the next one. Norin also know he has just being attacked by an invisible foe.]

Norin hammers Ralam with his fists, Lyssia's last breath echoing in his ears. Wrinkles of worry appear on his usually serene face, for his friends are suffering, a great light has just been extinguished and he could do nothing to prevent it.
"Darren, Sylinda, be careful! There is still a foe whose concealment is stronger than my light!"

Isida:
I flurry Ralam on this turn so my attacks should be +17/+17/+14/+11 counting +2 from flanking and +2 from Ralam being stunned. I also updated my hp below.

Battle stats: My aura grants +4 deflection to AC and +4 resistance to saves against evil attacks and creatures to all within 20' of me. It shields out any attempt of mind control, and suppresses all spells and effect up to 3rd level (including invisibility, but not improved invisibility).

AC: 36
Flatfooted: 34
Touch: 35
(An evil creature that strikes me with a natural attack or unarmed attack takes 1d6 damage. An evil outsider takes 1d8 damage.)

HP: 77/104
(I have DR 5/magic and DR 5/evil, fast healing 5, fire resistance 10, and I'm immune to cold, acid, electricity, petrification and non-magical diseases.)

Saves:
Fort +14 (+4 vs poison),
Ref +15 (improved evasion)
Will +16 (+2 vs enchantments, +2 vs fear and despair)

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +15/+12/+9 melee
(considered a +2 holy weapon for the purpose of overcoming DR)
- Damage 1d10+3, 20x2, bludgeoning
- Damage vs. Evil 1d10+3+3d6 +Golden Ice (Fort DC 16: 1d6 Dex/2d6 Dex)
- Damage vs. Evil Outsiders 1d10+3+2d6+1d8 +Golden Ice (Fort DC 16: 1d6 Dex/2d6 Dex)
-- Stunning Attack (DC 22 / DC 24 and victim staggered the following round vs evil) 10/day

doghead

thotd
ooc: Still here, but will be off on the 9th to the 14th. Should things get back to a new round, Sylinda will continue as noted before, staying high and hopefully out of trouble.

linnorm - spoiler tags don't seem to hide coloured text. Was that your intention?

linnorm

Explorer
doghead said:
ooc: Still here, but will be off on the 9th to the 14th. Should things get back to a new round, Sylinda will continue as noted before, staying high and hopefully out of trouble.

linnorm - spoiler tags don't seem to hide coloured text. Was that your intention?

OOC: Yeah, that wasn't supposed to show up :heh: When I posted it the spoiler text was hidden with a little button that would open a little area inside the post to show the text. I guess the admins are tweaking the system a bit for the server move.

doghead

thotd
ooc: I wasn't sure. I thought you might want it that way if they were spoken aloud. {sblock} tags (but with the regular [ & ]) will now do the little button and box thing. thotd.

Jarval

Explorer
"Lord Boccob, I thank you for this second chance, and pray I do not fail you again." Nessa whispers, getting back to her feet.

She looks uneasily at the ethereal walls, then steels her nerve. She strides forwards towards Lyssia with a prayer on her lips, taking her sickle from her belt as she goes.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The battle rages on, both in and beyond the real world. Ralam, stunned and faced with two unicorns, an angry teifling rogue, and a sainted monk, finds himself standing in the gray and white insustantial spirit world. Around him, he sees Gwyn clutching the bat-winged do gooder, while being menaced by his own killer. The holy mage, holding her sickle, moves through the wall to help her.*

*Aekir lays quiet words in Sebastion's ears, and the dark paladin hears them. He whispers a single phrase, "Druvei's own." With that, his eyes are lit with the fires of a hundred past betrayals, the hell of living through the death of friends, family, children, and god, and the righteous fire that comes from one facing his true enemy at last. Despite the lingering affects of Aekir's invisibility, Sebastion lands several sickeningly hard blows as Aekir lures him away from the Baroness' chamber. Aekir's own claws shred away pieces of Sebastion's spirit, but it burns so bright as to almost cause him pain as he touches him.*

*Ralam dead, the remaining unicorns turn their attention to the invisible attacker in the room. Looking about carefully, sniffing the air, the unicorns shake their head; they cannot seem to find the invisible attacker. Sylinda, in swan form, flies above. Spotting Staeven's dead body next to the "Baroness," she needs no further information to brand the woman an assassin. Calling down the lightning from the very rocks of the manor, she hurls them down at the woman. The woman dodges them with a gasp of surprise. Seeing that she is the only one left of her kind still free, she turns and dives behind a tapestry on the wall, leaving it fluttering in the wake of her passage.*

*Torr takes the opportunity of the carnage around him to quaff several healing potions, staunching the flow of blood from his nigh-mortal wounds. The forces of good look around, realizing they are alone except for Torr, Sebastion and Aekir having inexplicably vanished. Their lone prey has vanished into a secret door leading down... down into the depths of the manor.*

*In the spirit world, Lyssia and Gwyn struggle in each other's grasp, light and claws ripping at each other. But it is with a single soft, "I'm sorry," from Sebastion, that drawn their attention to the Phoenix Knight. His sword suddenly rips through Gwyn's back and emerges from Lyssia's chest, both of them dying together a second time.*

*Nessa sees this, also seeing Ralam suddenly spring into the spirit world in full color. She also sees that below her, in the depths of the castle, is a huge pit of vile black, putrid green, and poisonous purple. At the center of it lies a stink of death, the slaughter of thousands, and the reek of countless spells of the blackest magic. You hear the laughter of the Baroness behind this terrible void, and see the fragments of Gywn and Lyssia begin to be drawn into the abyss.*

*It is that same abyss you see the false baroness retreating towards... the same abyss where your friends will soon follow...*

doghead

thotd
Sylinda of the Forest

Sylinda sweeps over the entrance the assassin so recently fled down. For a moment she is about to resume her human form and give chase, but then she remembers the invisible one. She scans the room, but is unable to see the vile one. She honks in frustration and pounds any open spaces* with lightning.

ooc: any spaces she can hit without endangering her companions (and Torr, I suppose. Although if so much as looks at anyone impolitely ...)

Remove ads