[Exalted] Solar Circle of the West - whole slew of updates 3/8/09

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 2/20/06 session - "A Dom’s Pretty Hat"

Synopsis of 2/20/06 session

"A Dom’s Pretty Hat"

On the last day of Calibration, Tiger approached A-dom about dealing with Gareth’s ‘little problem.’ He felt the most expedient way to get rid of the three men who wouldn’t make the pact would be for them to just disappear (in a bloody way). A-dom didn’t think it was such a good idea to do something like that behind Gareth’s back, so went to Gareth about dealing with those crewmembers.

Gareth took Jade’s Luck and A-dom along with him to go try and talk some sense into those three crewmembers in the brig. Since the damage was already done by Jade’s Luck letting certain info out, he decided the best way to deal with them was full disclosure. He told them the group were Solars, not anathema. They were good guys and had been in charge long ago, but the Dragon-Bloods didn’t like being the foot soldiers of the Exalted and rose up and overthrew their masters. Since then the Dragon-Bloods had been spreading lies about their former masters and killing them whenever one sprung up so they could stay in power.

Jade’s Luck: Do we actually know all that?

This was all, of course, true. Not that Gareth knew that. He had just taken info gleaned from several visions he had had and extrapolated likely connecting parts of the story, with a favorable spin. Gareth figured one of these days he needed to teach Jade’s Luck how to lie better.

In any event, it didn’t work. He offered to heal the three offenders, but they refused. He tried bringing Ceri in to take a look at their wounds and try and talk some sense into them. They just tried to escape. He tried drugging them with his happy touch. That actually worked and they were willing to make a pact, but Tiger wouldn’t seal it. Something about the people needing to actually mean it when they said the words.

It was ultimately decided that the Circle would see if there was someplace they could drop these three off where they wouldn’t have contact with trade ships or be able to get off island. After all, they knew about the Circle and what they looked like. Not a good thing. The only places Ceri could think about dropping them off either weren’t large enough to adequately house them or involved cannibals. Not that there is anything wrong with that. They decided to talk to Ceri’s mentor about them and possibly altering their memory with sorcery.

The morning after Calibration ended, they sailed off to her mentor’s island. Before the Circle plus Ceri went ashore, Jade’s Luck made sure she specified that the trio in the brig should stay in the brig, alive. This made Tiger sad, since the pirates were going to solve the problem for the Circle, their way.

They took a dinghy, went ashore, and started walking. Jade’s Luck asked about plants that might eat them, then went into an explanation about Jahar and plants that liked to eat him. After they had walked for a while, A-dom pointed out that there was a panther shadowing them. Ceri told the group to stop as she went over to greet the panther. She decided she wasn’t going to sniff her mentor’s butt, since she was in human form. The panther walked behind a tree and a large man (larger than A-dom) walked out. Gareth still didn’t notice.

Jade’s Luck: Hey, she can do that too. That’s really neat.

Gareth: Huh?

The large man walked into the clearing they were standing in. Gareth noticed him when he was about a foot away from him.

Gareth: Oh. Hi!

Ceri: This is my mentor. Dylan Stormskye. I’m sorry for bringing so many without asking, but it seemed kind of important.

Dylan: Found some new friends?

Ceri: More like they found me.

Dylan: And who are they?

A-dom: We’re exalted.

Gareth: I’m Gareth. We’re Solars.

Ceri: You said something about them coming back en masse at some point.

Dylan: They certainly seem to be en masse. Is Mog around?

Jade’s Luck introduced herself as they found out that Mog was a Solar who visited about thirty years ago and borrowed something from Dylan. Ceri mentioned Jahar and Lightbringer, which Dylan responded that Mog said he had once been Lightbringer.

Gareth: Was Mog a shifty guy who was very secretive?

Dylan: Yes.

Gareth: Yup. Jahar. What’d he borrow?

Dylan: He borrowed one of my swords. And he said he’d bring it back.

A-dom started laughing. Gareth and Jade’s Luck groaned.

A-dom: Did this involve suicide and coming back and :):):):) like that?

Dylan: He thought it did. I didn’t really think it’d work and all.

Gareth explained that the Dragon-Bloods destroyed it by tossing it into a volcano. Dylan said that wouldn’t destroy it, but it might be getting a little soft by now. He said to tell Mog to get the sword out of the volcano within the next fifty years so it wasn’t completely destroyed.

Ceri switched topics, explaining that the Unconquered Sun hadn’t given the Circle much in the way of information and that they thought going to heaven to find out was a good idea.

Dylan: I’m pretty sure they’re allowed to go.

Ceri: Yes, but you haven’t spoken with them very much yet.

Dylan: Ah, so there is some things I should know, huh?

A-dom: So we just look up an address, right?

Ceri: A little more knowledge would probably serve them well.

Dylan: What do you know so far?

*Sound of crickets chirping*

Gareth: Um, we’re Solars. We used to be in power.

Jade’s Luck: Apparently we’re not anymore. But we’re supposed to be.

Gareth: Dragon-Bloods are now in power. That is not the order of things.

Dylan: Okay, you’re doing okay now.

Jade’s Luck: Um, apparently um, well okay actually the whole Death Knight thing, um, I didn’t get such a great feeling about them. From the unconquered Sun…

Tiger: Is summoning demons still bad?

A-dom: (laughing) Eh. What the :):):):). I like undead!

Dylan: Oh…Okay. Stop! Stop any sexual relations you’re having with them.

A-dom: What? No! No. Not like that. I just make them.

Dylan: Oh. You should probably not do that very much either. Definitely not with the sexual relations.

A-dom: I’m with you there.

Dylan: Good. Causes all kinds of complications.

A-dom: See, we want a book. One that says do this, don’t do that.

Dylan: Sorry, those were all destroyed.

Gareth: Sorry. My bad.

A-dom: What, did you build a book destroying machine?

Gareth: No. I destroyed the library.

A-dom: Oh. That’s kind of cool, though.

Jade’s Luck brought up the crewmembers in the brig. After the situation was explained, Dylan agreed to let the three stay on the island where he could smack some sense into them.

Ceri: So you’re okay with them going to heaven?

Dylan: Depressingly, I think going to heaven might be good for them.

Ceri: Someone might straighten them out a little?

Dylan: Yes.

A-dom said he had heard that there was a lot of paperwork. Dylan said he had heard that too and told them not to get audited. This made A-dom laugh. They got into a discussion about Tellus the Fierce and leaving things in binding circles.

Jade’s Luck: Remind me to throttle my past lifetime if I ever get a hold of him.

Ceri: Is it safe to enlighten them?

Jade’s Luck: We’re completely unenlightened. We’ve got a sorcerer who thinks he can control demons. Then there is Mr ‘I like Death Knights.’

A-dom: There is one that I’m on good terms with.

Dylan: No sex!

A-dom: No. I haven’t had any sex with a Death Knight. Not with any undead. I actually haven’t gotten laid since I’ve Exalted.

Tiger: That’s not technically true

*A-dom glares and growls*

Dylan: Well, it is POSSIBLE, as a sorcerer, to control demons. After seven hundred years of practice, I think I might be able to do it. If it was really important.

Jade’s Luck: He wanted to clear vegetation off of an island.

Dylan: That’s not so bad.

Jade’s Luck: An inhabited island.

Dylan: Yeah, you should probably discourage him from that.

Ceri: This is Lightbringer they are speaking of.

Dylan: Yeah, Mog always was kinda… *makes crazy sign*

Gareth: That can be used to describe several people.

Dylan: He died a lot. That’s not very good for your past lives.

They then went into how the Circle met Ceri and about the demon that got released. Jade’s Luck asked if there was a way to banish demons, but Dylan said there wasn’t a way to do it very well.

A-dom asked him what he knew about Death Knights. Dylan said he didn’t know much, since they tended to avoid him. He said he’d heard there was one up north. Jade’s Luck said that he sounded very reasonable, but that she didn’t trust him. Dylan told her to keep that attitude. A-dom said that he didn’t necessarily trust him, but he did accept his gifts. Dylan muttered something about Greeks and horses.

Jade’s Luck: They seem to think that shadowlands were a reasonable addition to Creation. That doesn’t seem quite right.

Dylan: I don’t think reasonable is…

Gareth: Those were not his words.

Jade’s Luck: Well, the way he was talking about it he said they were part of the natural order.

Gareth: No, he said shadowlands don’t really belong in Creation. He was against the further creation of them. Or at least that’s what he said.

Dylan: They have existed since The Great Contagion.

Jade’s Luck: Is there a way to get rid of them?

Dylan: I would imagine so.

Jade’s Luck: Then we’ll help the bod his vatta by learning to get rid of shadowlands.

Dylan: I think it involves a lot more living people.

Ceri: So it is a lot like pushing away the Wyld.

Dylan: Yeah, same principle.

Jade’s Luck proclaimed that she was right that lots of babies solved the problems. A-dom then demonstrated his idea of how he thought you could just poke a woman in the right place and the baby would drop out. No more labor.

Dylan: He should NOT be allowed near pregnant women. Ever.

A-dom: It’s magic it’s what we do. (to Gareth) You’re with me on this. You’re the medical guy.

A-dom then went into how the babies wouldn’t fall out, they’d shoot out.

Gareth: (to Dylan) Yes. You have now met A-dom.

Jade’s Luck quickly added that that A-dom killed babies. When he asked when he killed a baby, she brought up the bricking in the head of the small child in Atlantis.

Dylan: Yeah. He isn’t allowed to opt out of the trip to heaven.

A-dom: It just seemed like a really good idea to kill people then. I don’t normally feel that way.

Dylan: Are you sure?

A-dom: Yes! Well, in large scale. Like, sometimes, a person, but not, like, everyone right now.

Jade’s Luck: Well, he had had a very trying evening.

A-dom: Evening? Week! Longer.

Jade’s Luck: But anyway there were circumstances where it wasn’t unreasonable for him to lose his temper.

A-dom: Yeah.

She then switched back to condemning him for killing a baby. She then went into explaining about what A-dom had done. When she said he had destroyed a Dragon-Blood’s compound and probably family, Dylan told A-dom good job. She tried explaining the situation and said that he had been bought by this Dragon-Blood.

A-dom: I was under cover.

Gareth: You weren’t under much cover, I’m sorry.

Jade’s Luck: It started with a bit of horse thievery and kind of escalated.

Gareth: Lightbringer got him sold into slavery.

A-dom: Yeah, yeah. Lightbringer! The bastard.

Ceri didn’t understand why the Circle cared what the Dragon-Bloods thought and why they continued to live with them. Jade’s Luck explained that they had families.

Jade’s Luck: I have a family. He {Gareth} has a family. Jahar has a family; we’re not sure if he’s fond of his family, though. We’re trying to figure that out…

Gareth: We’re pretty sure he’s not fond of his family. It is just his father we’re unsure of.

Jade’s Luck: We’re trying to figure out if it is okay to kill his family or not.

Gareth: You see, Jahar is a noble. In a Dragon-Blood house.

Dylan: Mog really was an idiot!

Jade’s Luck: YES! Well, his new wife is a member of the ‘we want to kill all anathema club.’

A-dom: And love horses. They specified that.

Empty Bucket was mentioned. The song was mentioned. A-dom was predictably enthusiastic about the song and having his own song. He told Ceri & Dylan that they had to hear the song.

Jade’s Luck: I can sing the song anytime anyone really wants to hear it, but it is best when Jahar is around.

Dylan: Anyway. Back to the subject at hand. Which is hitting small children with bricks.

Jade’s Luck: Is bad!

Dylan: I will comment that the Exalted are people with extreme powers. They also tend to be people with extreme tempers. So when things go bad they tend to go bad in a very large way. I had a friend that sunk an island. He was drunk.

Gareth: I destroyed a library. I also almost destroyed Atlantis just cause I didn’t want the Dragon-Bloods to have it.

Jade’s Luck: You destroyed a library? You bad, bad man!

A-dom: You didn’t destroy Atlantis? You bad, bad man!

Dylan: So, anyway. It’s not unheard of. Just watch yourself. Try to stick to smashing Dragon-Bloods into pulp. Avoid Dragon-Bloods.

Jade’s Luck: And no puppies either.

A-dom: Where is the line?!

They then moved into explaining why they weren’t aging, mostly with regard to Jahar. Dylan figured they only had twenty years for him, so they needed to start working on the explanation/fake death now. Gareth was already old, so he was covered.

Dylan commented on A-dom’s brownness, which A-dom then ‘turned off,’ and the fact that they had wandered into a Wyld area was explained. When asked if the others had learned their lesson and become protected from the Wyld, Dylan was told all but one had, and Tiger was pointed at.

Dylan: (to Tiger) The Wyld is not your friend!

Tiger: (acting like he just woke up) What? What’d I do?

A-dom: Aylee is my friend.

Jade’s Luck: No, not really. Aylee is now bugging Dragon-Bloods and not my island. That’s what all that was about.

A-dom: The Bodhisattva, Aylee, Skelly, you don’t like any of my friends.

Dylan restated that a trip to heaven would do A-dom a world of good.

Ceri: Guess we’re going to heaven.

Gareth: Well, first we need to talk to the Feathered One.

Jade’s Luck asked Dylan which was better, summoning elementals or summoning demons. He said that elementals had somewhere to be, so when you summoned it up, something was going wrong somewhere else.

Dylan: If you were to, say, take the water elemental from an oasis in the desert somewhere, that’d probably be bad for the locals.

He then said the upside to dealing with demons was they had nowhere better to be. And, if they did, no one cared. The downside was that you needed about a thousand years of practice before they were manageable. The conversation got around to having demons unleashed on the Realm, which led to thinking certain ones would like it is demons did unspeakable things to them.

Dylan: Nononono. No sex with demons. No sex with undead.

Jade’s Luck: No sex with anything you don’t want to have freedom. That about sum it up?

Dylan: Yup.

Jade’s Luck brought up Jahar’s kid and wondered when they’d have to kidnap it. Dylan didn’t know what would happen with a half Dragon-Blooded/half Solar child.

Dylan: Yeah, uh. I don’t know anyone who would sleep with a Dragon-Blood.

Jade’s Luck explained the whole thing with the family and the arranged marriage and the stamina/fertility potions. Dylan figured that, since there were potions involved, it’d be a Dragon-Blood child. He said to have someone with sorcery check the child at birth. He quickly realized that that person was Lightbringer and told Ceri to check the child when it was born.

Jade’s Luck then brought up her kidnapping and re-education program idea.

Dylan: Kidnapping one, probably doable. Kidnapping all of them, probably start a war. And you don’t look ready for a war.

Ceri asked Dylan if she was stuck with the Circle. He told her it looked like that. He then gave her an artifact that would allow her to contact him.

Gareth told Dylan that he was much more sensible than Jahar’s mentor.

Dylan: WHO is Mog’s mentor?

Gareth: A big slab of obsidian.

Dylan: Oh god! Mog was talking to that thing too. I think it gave him the crazy idea with the sword.

Gareth confirmed that.

Dylan: That thing apparently has a lot of knowledge. Far as I can tell, no common sense whatsoever.

Jade’s Luck repeatedly stated that it was Gareth’s fault.

Gareth: Lightbringer had a lot to do with it. Apparently I thought it was a good idea at the time.

Ceri: You’re much wiser this time around.

Dylan said that you were allowed to make some mistakes in your first life.

Jade’s Luck asked Dylan about heaven and made the comment that he was old. Dylan said he was only eight hundred and that wasn’t old. He was, after all, born after the Great Contagion.

Gareth: At least, for you, she’ll go away. I don’t have that.

Dylan: (muttering) I may have to move my island.

Dylan said heaven was big and city-like. He also recalled that there were boats for getting around.

They talked about the Wyld a little and Aylee while they walked back towards the shore. Dylan thought the Cave of Tomorrow was fun, but had terrible lines. He said Aylee tried to help people, emphasis on the try. He said Aylee helped plan Nexus, the largest city in the East. A-dom let Dylan know that the cave was moved.

Gareth and A-dom fetched the three from the brig. Gareth carried one and A-dom carried the other two. They were perfectly normal.

Dylan: What, you didn’t have rope? They could have walked, you know. Okay. *slap, slap, slap* You three are with me.

A-dom laughed.

A-dom: I like you. (pause) You know, I don’t think I’m evil, I’m just really agreeable.

Dylan went off with his three new toys and Ceri filled the group in on what she knew about the past.

Ceri’s info paraphrased said:
She knew Exalts were in charge (not the Dragon-Bloods) and the Lunars had some kind of important responsibilities. One day the Dragon-Bloods decided to kill all the other Exalts. They did it all at once, they used poison, they used attacks, they used whatever they could get their dirty little hands on to off everyone else. Unfortunately most of the Exalts fought until the fell. Fortunately, some of the Lunars realized they could get revenge if they were alive. The Lunars went and hid out in the Wyld. Things started to go crazy. After that there was a great illness, referred to as the Great Contagion. It spread out over Creation and killed lots of people. Shrunk Creation a lot. And, it could have likely been prevented by some of the now dead Exalts. The Wyld saw how small Creation was getting and decided to go, well, wild. Then the Empress showed up with her First Age artifacts. She said that the Dragon-Bloods had a bastardized version of what the first age was.

Jade’s Luck admitted that she shouldn’t be in charge of things. Ceri pointed out that they were going to heaven to learn how, among other things. The discussion then twisted into how to deal with the Dragon-Bloods. Ceri pointed out that the Circle didn’t so much want to kill all the Dragon-Bloods as they wanted to break their civilization and re-educate them. Then Gareth got the idea for an artifact called The Chain of Command.

A-dom got the idea that they needed another contagion, but a Dragon-Blood contagion.

They got back on the boat and sailed off. It took them a month to bet to Abalone. Training was done. While Ceri was standing on deck one day when the ship was getting close to Abalone, she had a vision.

Vision of Better Times said:
She was standing on the deck of a really big, fancy ship without sails. She was standing next to a man.

Ceri of the Past: So. This is what you and your friends built, huh?

Man: Yes. It’s going to work perfectly. Don’t worry. Everything is taken care of.

As the man turned around, she could see he had a fancy sword on his hip that said Diplomacy.

As the vision faded, a wave of dread washed over her. As much as she didn’t want to admit it, she realized she had found the half of her eternal marriage. She thought it best to keep this information to herself.

A-dom: Okay. Who here has been to Abalone before?

*Three pirates raise their hands*

A-dom: Alright. Abalone may have some very strict rules. Don’t break them. You get thrown in the volcano.

Pirate #5: No littering!

*Pirates nod*

A-dom: Yeah. I :):):):) you not. No littering.

Jade’s Luck: And apparently do not steal the feathery hat.

A-dom: Can we not mention that?

Jade’s Luck: That’s a good one.

Pirate #3: What feathery hat?

A-dom: (quietly) The Feathered One’s.

Pirate #3: He doesn’t have a hat. He hasn’t had a hat for years.

A-dom: (quietly) Yeah… He hasn’t had a hat for years.

All the pirates then started looking at A-dom funny and backing away from him.

Pirate #6: Oh crap, he’s perfectly normal.

A-dom: The other part of that is pirates are okay. As long as they aren’t doing anything bad on land, they’re fine. (to Gareth) So NO killing pirates! Cause most likely, you’ll get in trouble for killing people. Or littering if you don’t clean up after. Okay?

Gareth looked a little sheepish and brought his hand up with his thumb and forefinger close to each other to mean, ‘how about a little?’

A-dom: No.

Gareth: What if I kill them and you bring them back and they walk away. Is that okay?

A-dom: I will not be bringing them back. I think necromancy is outlawed too. Being Solars actually isn’t outlawed, though. Remember that. Demon summoning isn’t allowed, but being an Athema is perfectly okay.

Jade’s Luck: (opens up Pursey) You hear that Jahar? No demon summoning in Abalone. Thank you very much.

A-dom: So, technically we can run around saying we’re Solars all day long and only get killed by people who want to kill Solars.

Ceri: But couldn’t they then leave the island and tell others to set them on your trail?

A-dom: Yup. They just can’t do the killing on Abalone, cause then they’ll catch the person and throw them into the volcano. They don’t really have any other penalty for crimes. It is usually only when the volcano is really angry, but they’re patient. You get a jail time. If the volcano gets angry before your jail time is up, in you go.

They quickly discussed how they were going to get the ruler’s permission to use the hut. Pursey spat Jahar out onto the deck of the ship.

Gareth: (to Jahar) Something you might want to keep in mind. You need to go collect that sword within the next fifty years.

He quickly got filled in that the sword his previous self used to kill himself belonged to Ceri’s mentor and he’d like it back. They also quickly told him not to break any rules on Abalone.

A-dom: Being a Solar is fine. Being a Dragon-Blood, Lunar, whatever. It’s fine.

Jahar: What about being A-dom?

A-dom: Uh, well. *chuckles* That’s different. Well, actually yes. Being a dom is just fine.

The pirate crew agreed with A-dom.

Pirate #3: Being him, maybe not so much. We’re not sure. He’s kind of dodgy about this. But being a dom is just fine.

Ceri: Is A-dom rather more a title than an actual personal name?

A-dom: (laughs) Uh, well, it’s a personal title.

The pirate crew giggled as the Circle played twenty questions with A-dom, trying to find out about his name.

Jade’s Luck: (to the pirates) What’s so funny, guys?

Pirate #3: Umm, you want to tell them where we are?

A-dom: This would be the Dom sea. Where my people are of.

Pirate #3: Anyone who works in the Dom sea is a Dom. A Dom.

Jahar: Why was I in that purse?

A-dom: Why are you ever in that purse? You were napping or weren’t paying attention or something.

Jade’s Luck: Pursey said you taste good.

Jahar: (sighs) How long was I in the purse?

Jade’s Luck: Uh, about a month.

Jahar: What’d my acolytes say?

Jade’s Luck: They didn’t care.

They filled him in on the important parts of their conversation with Ceri’s mentor. Namely, summoning demons at his age is bad.

Ceri: Oh yeah. You’ve breed with a Dragon-Blood? Ugh!

A-dom brought the conversation back to that about Abalone.

Gareth: Okay, if they chuck everyone into the volcano, how’d you get away?

A-dom: I got away.

Jade’s Luck: How?

A-dom: I got away. I have friends.

Ceri: You have friends?

A-dom: Fine! I have family.

Jade’s Luck: Would this be the Dom family?

A-dom: Yes! This would be MY family, so it would be the Dom family. They helped me get away.

Jahar: Why’d you steal the guy’s hat?

A-dom: (makes sound of disgust) Because the guy was a prick!

A-dom hoped the guy was chucked into the volcano long ago. That way he could be the hero who found the hat.

Over the next few days, most of the Circle noticed the big, red volcano with lava rolling down the sides. That was very much not a happy volcano. Jade’s Luck wanted to try talking nicely to the volcano. There was lava, there was a pumice cloud.

A-dom: Yeah, some volcanoes are mad. That is a pissed volcano.

Ceri: Uh, is he pissed cause the Feathered One jumped in without his hat?

A-dom: Jeez I hope not! That’s a scary, scary thought!

They postulated on what becomes of the hat when they jump in. A-dom remembered that there was also a feathered cloak that the Feathered One wore and jumped in with. Somehow, the next Feathered One always had a feathered cloak.

A-dom: Oh yeah. There is a cloak to go along with the hat. Don’t know why I didn’t steal that too. Oh well.

As they docked, the pirate crew headed down below. Upon instruction from Gareth, the rest of the crew headed down below as well.

The harbormaster and a couple of guards were waiting for them on the docks.

Harbor Master: Afternoon! Welcome to Abalone! The docking fee is (small, affordable amount). Do you happen to have any prisoners on board?

Gareth: Nope.

Harbor Master: No… shucks. Well, enjoy your stay!

The guards wandered off as Jade’s Luck inquired where the laws were kept. They found Abalone very nice and clean. There wasn’t a speck of dirt anywhere on the street as they headed up to the law library. Once there, Jade’s Luck was directed to volumes one through thirty-nine of the local law code. She was instructed not to take the books outside the visible fence. A lone guard stood just outside the fence, poised for action.

Jade’s Luck found there were no laws with regard to being A Dom. There was a law addendum in the latest book connected to the Feathered One about the hat.

Law Book: The Feathered One’s hat is currently missing. Should it be found, it should be returned immediately. The ex-prisoner Johan, should he be found, should be immediately deposited into the volcano.

Tiger and A-dom noticed a guy across the street working on his roof drop his hammer. As the hammer slid down the roof, the man lunged after it. He wasn’t fast enough, as the hammer slid off and hit some man in the head. As he hit the ground after it, a whole bunch of city guards came over to him.

City Guards: Assault! He assaulted that man!

They slammed the man against the wall, stripped and tied him up, and hauled him off. A-dom noticed they weren’t taking him towards the jail but towards the volcano.

A-dom: Aww, :):):):). They’re out!

Jade’s Luck found out that the island was sexually segregated. All men worked at sea and all women worked on land. A-dom was asked about the hat and where it was. Looking around, he noticed where he thought the cave was was awfully close to a lava flow.

They all walked briskly towards the volcano (running in town was against the law). As they got out of town, people started running. The slow moving lava flow wasn’t to the cave yet, but it was almost hanging over the ledge. Once A-dom got in the cave, he found there might have been a cave in or two since he was last there. He piled on the strength and started digging. The others avoided rock chunks. Gareth tried to divert the lava flow, but was unsuccessful.

A-dom found the kind of wilted feathered hat. As he turned around, he saw the lava dripping over the ledge at the cave entrance. A-dom monkey leapt out of the cave, sheltering the hat. He twisted and turned so that he just barely managed to get out without burning himself or the hat. Once outside, the Circle could see it was a very dirty, wilted hat that looked like it had been buried in a cave for 15 years or so.

Jade’s Luck: So you guys are going to stick that on a guy’s head and shove him in?

A-dom: We could do that.

Ah, such planners this Circle was. Jahar talked about popping the hat on the Feathered One and letting him jump in on his own.

Tiger: Why give him the choice?

While others continued to argue, Gareth just looked at A-dom and Tiger.

Gareth: A-dom, put the hat on him. Tiger, push him in. Go.

A-dom made himself look like a generic crewmember. They then argued some more. Sometimes they really try Gareth’s patience. The volcano finally decided to break up their conversation by having a lava rock land in the middle of them.

A-dom: Right. Move away from the volcano.

The volcano was now spitting out rocks that were landing as far away as town, setting things on fire. This prompted A-dom to actually do what Gareth told him.

A-dom: We have the hat! We have the hat! We found the hat! I have the hat!

The Circle followed behind at a much slower pace. A-dom could see the old Feathered One he ‘knew and loved’ up at the top looking down at him. The Feathered One had a really nervous look on his face.

A-dom: (falsetto) I found it! I found it! I think I found it! This is it, right?

Feathered One: Good… Umm, thank you.

A-dom: (falsetto) You’re welcome.

The Feathered One put the hat on.

A-dom: (falsetto) It looks very good on you sir.

Feathered One: Is he insulting the Feathered One?

A-dom: (falsetto) No! I meant it.

Guards: Yes! Yes he is!

A-dom picked the Feathered One up and chucked him into the volcano. The Feathered Hat and Cloak flew back up out of the volcano and landed at their feet, looking like new. The volcano started settling down.

Jade’s Luck and Tiger: Yeah! Yeah Feathered One! He’s a hero!

Guards: (to A-dom) You’re going to have to come to jail.

A-dom: Do I have to?

Guards: Yes. You’re lucky. Insulting the Feathered One is only a four day jail sentence.

A-dom: Yeehaa! It’s the jail for me!

Jade’s Luck: Are you going to be okay, A-dom?

A-dom: Yup!

Jade’s Luck: You going to need anything? Water?

A-dom: I’m sure they have a very large meal budget at this point.

The guards beat and stomped A-dom on his way to the jail and he happily accepted it. He got thrown in a huge jail cell, alone. He was quite happy.

Jade’s Luck let the pirate crew know that right now was the safest time it was ever going to be on Abalone. Gareth let the regular crew know the same.

Over the next four days was elections time for the new Feathered One. Jade’s Luck went to the jail to find out who they should contact on the island, but she found out visiting prisoners was against the law. So Tiger snuck in to go talk to A-dom.

A-dom was perfectly happy to kick back in jail for his sentence, but that would make it hard for them to sway any votes for the Feathered One, if they wanted to do that. He said that they could go talk to his relatives, but they should find out if they want to kill him or are happy with him or whatnot. Tiger suggested that, during the night, he stand in for A-dom so he could go out and get stuff done.

Jade’s Luck and Jahar discussed the sword he needed to retrieve and bring back to Dylan. He didn’t know what volcano the sword was tossed into. Jade’s Luck suggested to him that he talk to the Dragon-Bloods in his family to find out what happened to it. He didn’t really like that idea. He really didn’t like that he would have to talk to his mother about it, since she was the one who disposed of the sword.

Jahar: I killed myself. In my room. Literally the room I grew up in. Do you know how that makes me feel?

Jade’s Luck: DUMB? I hope it makes you feel dumb!

Jade’s Luck, Jahar, and Ceri then discussed the Feathered One elections and swaying votes to get one in that would like them. They thought that talking to the Fire Elemental might be a good idea. If the next Feathered One didn’t have to jump in the volcano, it might make him very happy. But, this triggered a vision for Ceri.

Vision of Better Times said:
She remembered standing next to her husband.

Ceri of the past: And WHY did you put a giant volcano spirit in the middle of your island?

Calibration’s Diplomacy: Well, we need the power to run the door to heaven. Unfortunately, we got kind of an angry one. Don’t worry, we have it taken care of. Evening Tide made a hat and everything. Don’t worry.

Looking over to Jade’s Luck and Jahar, she told them that they put the volcano spirit there.

Jade’s Luck: Was this one my idea? I hope this one wasn’t my idea.

Ceri: No. It was Calibration’s Diplomacy’s idea. Evening Tide of Autumn made the hat. Calibration’s Diplomacy said they got kind of an angry spirit, but it was all taken care of. I’m guessing that it was taken care of by telling the spirit that it was okay to eat the Feathered One every once in a while. And criminals.

A-dom snuck into town and found where he lived when he was fifteen, but his parents didn’t live there anymore. His mom’s shop was still there, but closed. He talked to a night watchman, but was told to inquire at the shop in the morning. So, a-dom went back to the ship.

Jade’s Luck: You’re out early.

A-dom: Yeah, Tiger is sitting in for me right now.

He let them know that he was trying to help them find a favorable person to be the Feathered One, but he couldn’t do that in jail and needed to find his mom.

Jahar: Does she smell like you?

He did his best to ignore Jahar and told Jade’s Luck that his mom was a blacksmith in town and had a shop, he just needed to be in jail while it was open. He wanted her to let them know he was back in town and wanted to know if they wanted to kill him. And he wanted to know where she lived so he could go visit her the next night. Since she couldn’t visit him in jail.

Jade’s Luck: Do you want me to go there and say, ‘A-dom’s back in town and he’s going to come visit you’?

A-dom: Oh, I don’t know. I suppose.

Gareth: I don’t think she’s going to understand ‘A-dom is back in town’

*A-dom grumbles*

A-dom: Johan. Tell her Johan is back.

They talked for a little more before A-dom went back and swapped out with Tiger.

During the day, Jade’s Luck, Gareth, and Jahar went to visit A-dom’s mother. Jade’s Luck put up a few social charms just so she would be at her best. Inside the blacksmith’s shop, they found a big, muscular old lady hammering away making horseshoes. Kind of like an older, more feminine A-dom. Jade’s Luck talked about wares for a few minutes before she brought up Johan. She said that Johan wanted to inquire of her health and good will.

A-dom’s mother, Opal, went and found a calendar and flipped through years worth of pages.

Opal: Well, it is nice of him to ask (pause) for the first time in fifteen years. I’m doing well.

Jade’s Luck: Uh, he’d like to visit later when he’s free.

Opal: Free?

Jade’s Luck didn’t do so well covering that one up. That Manipulation of 1 really bites you some times. That’s what the social charms are for. She inquired about whether they bore him any ill will, considering past events.

Opal: Yes. Apparently the hat he stole was fairly important. My cousin Franny’s house got burnt down by a lava rock the other day. That could have been avoided if he hadn’t stolen the hat. However we did help him get off the island, so I suppose if the local constables aren’t looking for him, I wouldn’t mind him visiting.

Since they took the time to write into the law books that Johan needed to die, his mother suggested that he not spread it around who he was. She said she wouldn’t. She had hoped that he would have grown up by now.

Jade’s Luck: Well, he’s older.

Jahar: He’s a very strong man, if that’s what you’re saying.

Gareth: Personality wise, not so much.

A-dom’s mother sighed and inquired if he had gotten married.

Jahar: Nope, but he’s gotten brown.

They finished up their conversation with Opal. She eventually gave Jade’s Luck her address so A-dom could go visit her. After Jade’s Luck and Jahar left, Gareth stuck around for a while and talked shop. He also let Opal know that A-dom had problems with camels nowadays, so they should be kept away from him.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 3/13/06 session - "We’re looking for a mission from god"

Synopsis for 3/13/06 session

"We’re looking for a mission from god"
By AlwaysToast (God we sound funny on the recordings.)

The group plots to sway the election. Unfortunately they didn’t know exactly who they were going to support. They have the following candidates to choose from:

Alva of the Fields- Old Female Farmer. Her platform is that if elected Feathered One, she will sacrifice criminals on a monthly basis (or more frequently if they have a surplus of criminals), instead of waiting for the volcano to become angry rage to provide the sacrifices. She also would like to make it harder for non-citizens to learn of the laws, so less locals would be sacrificed this way. This is an untried theory. Mild support, however considered a front runner among the radical thinkers.

Ingemar of the Zar Sea- Old Male Lifetime Politician (former sheriff and tax collector). He is running a status-quo campaign for keeping everything the same as the last Feathered One. He is promoting the idea that change is bad. Conservative front runner.

Jacobine of the Dom Sea
- Old Male old Sailor. Running on a platform of “Sacrifice pirates and foreigners, not the locals.” If elected will provide tax breaks to inns and bars that... encourage, foreigners to overindulge in alcohol, who can then be arrested for various crimes. Is willing to consider law changes that would make it harder for foreigners to get access to the Law books. Since Jacobine is reasonably elderly (older then all other candidates), it is hoped he may not care much if he has to go into the volcano. Moderate Front runner.

Lucia of the Old Hill - Young Female Miller. She is running on the radical platform that Abalon should make arrangements with other nations to buy their criminals, to be thrown into the volcano when all the “hardened and serious” criminals have already been tossed in. She has even hinted at the even more radical idea of buying slaves from Pirate crews in times of “great need” to feed to the volcano. Her theory is that this would eliminate the need to throw people who have committed petty crimes in all together. Which would increase trade for the entire archipelago. Of course there are some serious logistical issues with this plan (ie storing, and shipping criminals/slaves at a minimal cost, but making sure they arrive at the right time to feed the volcano (which is unpredictable)). Radical Longshot.

Nils of the Zar Sea - Middle aged Man. Nils is telling anyone just about anything that he thinks they want to hear. He appears very agreeable, but doesn’t actually appear to have a plan or legislative agenda. Typical politician, he is clearly making a lot of promises he can't keep (because they are contradictory). Considered a dark horse. Might win if too many votes get split between the others.

On the second night of the election process, A-Dom (who is broken out of jail for the night) and Gareth go to visit Johan’s parents. His parents welcome them in and then closes the door, the draps, the blinds, etc.

Mom: So how have you been, what have you been doing?

A-Dom: Well I was a fisher, I was a guard, I’m Exalted now.

Both Parents: What?

A-Dom: I now have Super Powers brought on by the Unconquored Sun. You know, like the Dragon Bloods, but less evil.

Both Parents: So you’re Anathema?

A-Dom: No.

Dad: This is from your side of the family!

A-Dom: No, no, it’s not related. I can do nifty things, and It’s not evil. I’m not Anathema.

Dad: Yea, your not going to move back into your room.

A-Dom: I know that, I have this whole deal with saving the world. My last year was very productive.

Mom: Do you have children?

A-Dom: YES!

Gareth breaks out in hysterical laughter.

Mom (happy): Where are they?

A-Dom: Well I left them up north.

Dad: Why is your friend laughing like that.

Gareth continues to laugh.

A-Dom: He’s Anathema. Yea, so they are up north with their mother, as I’m not much for baby raising. (after a pause) So I pushed the Feathered One into the Volcano.

Dad: Oh so that was you? I wondered how he got the hat.

A-Dom: Yea, I knew where it was.

Dad: Don’t do that again.

A-Dom (to Gareth): I need a house. Would you do me a favor? I’ll get the lumber.

Gareth (finally stops laughing): Yea.

A-Dom: I’ll get my cousin’s house rebuilt. Cause I’m responsible.

Dad: Good. Wait? He builds houses?

A-Dom: He builds ships, and houses, and temples...

Dad: Well ships is ok but houses...

A-Dom: Well he’s a little (teeters his hand back and forth). They’re not proper people. Anyway, we need to get in good with the new management.

Dad: Ok, that makes sense.

A-Dom: Yea, we need to get permission from them. We need someone who’s ok with Anathema. So we are interested in someone who is for foreigners. Not some 'come to the volcano and we’ll help ya.'

Dad: Nobody on Abalone is really for foreigners.

A-Dom: Someone who’s less likely to throw us into the volcano before saying Hi.

Dad: That’s like half the candidates.

A-Dom: So no one would be best?

Dad: They are trying to get a job, where they will eventually be thrown into a volcano. Not the best way to attract thoughtful and calm people.

A-Dom: So how does the whole voting things go?

Mom: Well you walk into a booth, think of who you want to vote for, then your done. Well a little light comes on to tell you your done too.

A-Dom: How does it know you’re a citizen? What if a foreigner goes in there?

Mom: They don’t come out.

A-Dom: Right, I’m not voting. How do you get a tally?

Mom: A loud voice booms the announcement of the winner all across the Archapelago.

A-Dom (to Gareth): You’re a schmuck! Do you know that?

His parents explain to him that he was born in Abalon, and nobody took the time to do the paperwork to remove his citizen ship. Since he is suppose to be thrown into a volcano when caught.

A-Dom: I’m working on getting the whole...

Dad: You’re suppose to be thrown into a volcano?

A-Dom: Yea, we’re going to fix that. Because we can. We’re nifty, with super powers, and very productive, and I’m married.

Gareth: What’s your wife’s name again?

A-Dom: Zo. Anyway, we need to go beat down the Dragon Bloods because they are naughty. So we’re working to beat down the dragon bloods and make them act like the first age.

Dad: When?

A-Dom: Way back when. Watch! *anima flair*

Dad: Yea, we need thicker draps.

A-Dom: This is going very well, I was thinking there would be more yelling and throwing of things. Alright, I’ve got to go back to jail...

Mom: Umm...

A-Dom: I insulted the Feathered One...

Mom: If you’re in jail why were you not thrown in on that previous charge.

A-Dom: I can look like other people.

Dad: Ah, so that’s how you got a wife.

His mom made him a sandwich to take back to jail.

Gareth: Better than the food you get in jail.

A-Dom: She makes better tools. Yea, so we’re just going off to Heaven and back. Starting to make some kind of trading post. Try to not spread it around that I’m back...

Dad: We’ll keep it under our hats.

Gareth and A-Dom leave. On the way out...

Gareth: Zoe?

A-Dom: Zo, yea. I’m sure I’ll find a woman named Zo somewhere?

Gareth: Or make a girl change her name?

A-Dom: For at least a day or two.

Gareth: Or find a fresh one?

A-Dom: No... no... bad things happen apparently. That’s not a proper burial.

Gareth: Want me to check on your children?

A-Dom: Wait... what if our past selves did have kids?

Gareth: Well we probably have decedents somewhere.

(Many jokes about stealing babies, making zombie babies, etc, ensues)

Gareth started making Ingmar promotional materials, using A-Dom’s mothers shop. Like daggers, torches, pitch forks, buttons, etc, that all said Vote for Ingmar on them.

Jahar, Jades’s Luck and Gareth went to talk to Ingmar on the third night at an Inn. Before going in, Jahar realized that being a Dynast, he might be someone that Ingmar doesn’t want to talk to. So he nominates Jade’s Luck to do all the talking. So Jade’s Luck used her veil to do makeup to make herself look older (like 25) and more beautiful (appearance 5), and took the time to dress appropriately.

Ingmar greets Jade’s luck politely (because of many social charms in effect). Jade’s Luck explains that she is representing a new trading company, and they would like to support him his bid for Feathered One. He’s quite happy that they support his attempt to keep everything the same. The very best thing, as foreigners that they can do to help him get elected is to not let anyone know they support him.

Jade’s Luck: Could you use anything to help promote yourself? *She hands him a dagger.*

Ingmar *looks at it, reads it, looks puzzled*. (to his lacky): People can hand out things during an election?

Lacky: I’ve heard of it.

Ingmar: It’s very odd. Why would you give people daggers?

Gareth: But look at the fine craftsmanship!

Ingmar: Yes, well it’s very nice. Nothing wrong with it, it’s just very odd.

Jade’s Luck: Well the broaches are more... umm... less stabby.

Gareth: Killing two birds with one stone! You show off my merchandise and you have... *motions at the slogan*

Ingmar: You can keep the daggers and such, I can use some of the broaches. I can have some of my people wear them.

Jahar: Will you speaking at other gatherings?

Ingmar: BAH, Why bother?

Jahar: What about having other people speak for you.

Ingmar: Why would I do that?

Jade’s Luck tries to explain why talking to people is beneficial during an election campaign. Ingmar just plans to go on doing things the same old way.

Jade’s Luck: Could we support you by going around supporting all the other candidates?

Ingmar: I really don’t want you to do that. I’m going to win this election fair and square. Because the people want ME!

Jade’s Luck: People like you?

Ingmar: They know who I am!

Ingmar goes off the talk to the locals who are around. The group is now thrown into some debate as to whether they are backing the right person. So the group starts discussing supporting Nils, then blackmailing or threatening him after he has won. The best way they can think of get Nils to win, is to “support” all the other candidates to split up the votes. This involves discussing “poisoning” the candidates.

Ceri: You’re talking metaphorical poisoning right?

Jahar: Of course I’m talking about political poisoning. I don’t deal in Poisons.

Jade’s Luck(shrieky voice): WHAT?!?

So Tiger, Jahar, and Jade’s Luck goes to talk to Nils to see how he is as a candidate. In the bad part of town. Gareth stays on the boat (secretly baking “Vote for Ingmar” muffins).

Nils: No more taxes! We’ll only sacrifice rich people! Free fish on Friday! Unless people want to sell it. You tell me what you want. I’m for the people! Puppies for every child.

Jahar walks in, listens for a minute, shoulders slump. Decides to listen to him for a few minutes, even though he clearly isn’t what Jahar wants in a candidate.

Tiger: Well he’ll go into the Volcano fast.

Jahar: He’ll mess up the island.

Tiger: Once we go through the portal, I don’t care about the island.

Jade’s Luck decides to try and find out what his “real” agenda is. But decides to not use Terrifying Apparition of Glory to find out.

Jahar: Why are you doing this?

Nils: I want to run the country. I can be a better leader then the rest of these people.

Jade’s Luck: You know you’ll end up in the volcano.

Nils: No, I’ll die of old age. Everyone will love me.

Jade’s Luck (to the group): I think we know the truth now. He wants to run the country.

So the group starts (on the 3rd day of a 5 day election process) discussing who they want to make win... again. So eventually, they decide to just let the election go on as normal, and deal with whoever gets elected. After murdering the one candidate who is too anti-foreigners for the groups taste.

So Tiger is assigned to “frame” the candidate they don’t want to win.
So Tiger sneaks into the house of the candidate Jacobine of the Dom Sea, knocks him out, smuggled him to the top of the volcano, then throws him in. “I’ve framed him for being dead.” Then, attempted to do a semi-proper burial ritual to keep him from coming back as a Hungry Ghost.

This plan was chosen over taking Jacobine for a “boat ride” because they figured he would be less likely to come back as a zombie if he was tossed into the volcano instead of the ocean.

So the group decides to let the rest of the election go off without any interference. Except Gareth giving Ingmar’s people the muffins to hand out.

On election day, A-Dom goes to vote. He walks into the shinny rock booth, and the curtain slides shut behind him.

GM: Who do you vote for? Be Honest.
A-Dom’s Thoughts: Ingam, Ignar, Ingagam? Screw it, A DOM!

The little light comes on to show that he has voted.

A-Dom: Crap, I just voted for a Dom. I voted for everyone...

So around 9pm a big booming voice announces: Ingmar has been elected as the new Feathered One. Coordination will be in one hour.

The group then starts to argue as to if they should try to talk to him before the coronation, or several days afterwards.

A-Dom: You people have no idea how to fix an election!

A-Dom removes the lava rock from his cousins house, and collects some trees, so Gareth can make the house. Gareth builds the house in one night. A-Dom shows his mom the new house for his cousins.

The group finally decides to go a few days later to see the new Feathered One. But first they have a long argument about how hard they think it will be to ask for permission to use the door to heaven.

The group decides to give the ship’s (The Grumpy Craftsman) crew orders, that if they are not back in a month, they should sail back to Atlantis.

The entire group goes to arrange a meeting to speak with the feathered one. Gareth used multiple bureaucracy-red-tape-cutting-foo, to get them through all the layers of functionaries in a reasonable fast time, mostly by saying that they are merchants who need to talk to the Feathered One for various reasons.. Until they reached the "Advisor to the Feathered One."

They enter a small room, with a little old man, who is wearing long grey robes with the hood up.

Advisor: Yesss? What do you wish to talk with the feathered one about today?

Gareth: The Door to Heaven.

Ceri: Trying the truth with this one?

Gareth (to Ceri): Yes we are.

Advisor: Ah, ha. (Calm even voice) Why are you trying to go to heaven today?

Jade’s Luck: We need to talk to the Unconquered Sun, we have some business with him.

A-Dom: We’re Solars!

Advisor: Ahh...

Ceri: I’m not.

Advisor: And why are you going to heaven today?

Ceri: They need a keeper.

Advisor: Well that makes perfect sense.

The group starts to become curious about how calm the advisor is about the current conversation. Tiger notices that the Advisor has lizard-like eyes, with nictating membranes and everything.

Advisor: We’ll I’ll need to know your names, locations of origin, and Castes.

Gareth: Location of Exaltation?

Advisor: Yes, whatever, just wherever you consider yourself from.

Gareth of Atlantis, Twilight
Jade’s Luck of Atlantis, Zenith
Patient Tiger of Atlantis, Eclipse
Johan of Abalon, Night
Sesus Weijin Jahar of Atlantis, Dawn
Ceridwyn, (island to be named later) No Moon

Advisor: Now I expect you to behave yourselves when talking to the feathered one.

Gareth: Of course.

Advisor: Any attempts at improper manipulation will be dealt with. *sighs, and gets up* Follow me.

The advisor takes them in to talk to the Feathered One. The Advisor dismisses all of the Feathered One’s Peons before starting the conversation.

Advisor (to the Feathered One): You remember that door I was telling you about the other day? Someone wants to use it.

Gareth: Did you like the cake and cookies and the Brandy?

FO: Oh yes, very lovely.

Gareth: We’d like your permission to use the Door.

FO (to the Advisor): Is it ok if I give them permission to use the door?

Advisor: Yes.

FO: Ok, you can use it.

Ceri: We appreciate it very much.

Tiger: Do you know what hut it’s in?

Advisor: You should be able to see it when you go outside.

When the group walks out side they see a mile high beam of light come from one of the huts that is on the rise of the volcano.

A-Dom: How’d we miss that?

Tiger: So did anyone else notice the Lizard Eyes?

The rest of the group did not notice, so they are mildly confused. The group walks up to the hut, and knocks. A little ancient old lady opens the door.

A-Dom (to Gareth): Did you make her too?

Gareth (to the lady): We need to use you closet.

Jade’s Luck: The Feathered one Said it’s Ok.

Old Lady: (confused) The Outhouse is out back.

Gareth: The Feathered One said it’s ok to use the one inside.

Old Lady: Is he sending someone to clean it up?

A-Dom: We’re not going to defecate in it ma’am.

Jahar: Has anyone else ever wanted to use the closet with your close in it?

Old Lady: A long time ago.

Jahar gets all excited and starts to harangue her for information.

Gareth (to Jade’s Luck): You’re in charge now. GO!

Jade’s Luck uses a number of social charms to get the Old lady’s attention away from Jahar, then gives her some flowers.

Old Lady: I’ll have to go put these in water. *She wanders off to the kitchen.*

Everyone else runs to find the closet, except Jahar who tries to follow the little old lady and ask her questions, until A-Dom physical drags Jahar through the closet with the rest of the group. The group walks thought the frame of the closet and ends up in a loooooooong corridor, standing in front of two twenty foot tall gold lions. One of them cracks open his eye, looks at them, then nudges the other lion out of his sleep. They both grumble.

A-Dom: Where’s the clouds?

Celestial Lion: You’re not in heaven yet. This is a hallway.

Jade’s Luck: Nice Hallway.

Celestial Lion: And what is your business in heaven?

A-Dom; What is our buiness in heaven?

Jade’s Luck: We wish to speak with the Unconquored Sun.

Celestial Lion 1: And who are you?

Celestial Lion 2: They are Solars.

Celestial Lion 1: I haven’t seen any in a while.

Jahar: We want to figure out everything.

Celestial Lion: That’s nice.

Tiger: We want a mission statement.

A-Dom: We’re on a mission from god.

Gareth: No. We’re looking for a mission from god.

Celestial Lion: Have you ever been to Heaven before?

Group: No

Celestial Lion: We’re going to have to get you a guide.

Gareth: Yes, guides good.

The group waits around for twenty minutes. Mostly offering things, like candy to the Celestial Lions, trying to get them to worship the Unconquered Sun, and asking them silly questions.

A skinny ugly, human looking woman, comes walking down the hall. As she gets closer they can see the huge wart on her nose. She finds out she is to guide the group around. She starts to lead the group up the hallway.

Jahar: Where are you guiding us?

Guide (very depressed voice): Out of the tunnel. Don’t suppose you have any Gauss on you?

Jade’s Luck: What’s Gauss?

Guide (very depressed voice): It’s like money.

Jade’s Luck: Oh it’s the imaginary money that the auditor was talking about.

The guide continues to try to lead them out of the tunnel.

Tiger: What are you?

Guide (very depressed voice): I’m the god of Nose Warts. Nobody prays to me.

Tiger: Not even to make sure they don’t get them?

God of Nose Warts (very depressed voice): That’s a different God.

Tiger: Oh... Could we wish them on someone else?

God of Nose Warts (happy voice): Oh yes, please do.

Jade’s Luck (to Jahar): Think it would make your wife look better?

Jahar: We’re having enough trouble getting people to worship the Unconquered Sun. I don’t think it would be that easy to get them to worship nosewarts.

Gareth: Little kids. Get them to wish them on your sisters, and teachers, etc.

God of Nose Warts (happy voice to Gareth): I like you.

Jade’s Luck: It would be way easier than the Unconquered Sun.

A-Dom(to the God of Nose Warts): Do you give super powers?

God of Nose Warts (Very Depressed Voice): No.

The group starts walking again, and finally reaches the end of the tunnel. They finally see Yu-shan, the city of heaven. (The game is interrupted by angry calls for cake.) Some discussion was made about trying to find “our property” in heaven. However they quickly decided that the trip to the bureaucratic buildings related to such, would be prohibitively long.

Various members of the group also start praying for various people (Jahar’s wife, the Empress, many people in Atlantis, the person who beat Gareth into Exalting, etc) to get nose warts.

The group looks up into the sky, and see the Unconquered Sun in the sky. Except he was much blacker and pointier then they were expecting him to be. The group figures out roughly where he will be coming down along the west wall. So they go running to reach the spot where he will go past, before he reaches the spot.

The group then climbed up onto the wall around the edge of heaven, so they would be closer to him. As he came closer, the group noticed that he was encased in a giant spiky soulsteel covering. As he got even closer, the group jumped onto the soulsteel spikes to get as close to him as possible.

Gareth: God are you in there?

The group can see a face of light shinning dully, through the thick soulsteel.

A-Dom: Are you ok?

U.S. (Extremely muted): No!

The entire group starts asking him different questions.

U.S. (Extremely muted): One at a time. Me damn it!

Jade’s Luck: How do we get you out?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Get MORE PRAYERS!

Jahar: I heard clones...

Jade’s Luck: More prayers and you can get yourself out?

U.S.: Mumbled affirmative response

Tiger: How many more?

U.S.: Exasperated response

Jahar: Our big problem has been why should people worship you?

Gareth: oh dear god...

Jahar: Us is a given, but we’re having problems convincing other people.

Gareth: We’re having problems convincing others.

U.S. (Extremely muted): Do stuff for them! Give me the credit!

Ceri: In other words: Be helpful.

A-Dom: Lie our asses off?

U.S.: (Mumbled Positive response.)

A-Dom: How do you feel about Zombies?

The Unconquered Sun just stares at A-Dom: (Extreamly Muted) Not my concern.

Gareth: How do you feel about summoning Demons?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Not a good idea, generally.

Spontaneous applause by the group, except for Jahar.

Jahar: He used a qualifier!

A-Dom: Can I have an artifact?

U.S.: (Mumbled response having to do with A-Dom doing things for himself.)

Jahar: You have any more people in the city we can talk to?

U.S. (Extremely muted): No!

Jahar: Where are they all?

U.S. (Extremely muted): *sigh* A BOX!

A-Dom: Where?

Jahar: I thought the box was open?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Only for a little while.

Jahar (Depressed): Oh.

Tiger: Any ideas on where it is and how we can open it?

U.S. (Extremely muted and depressed): No...

Jahar: Are we the only ones that got out?

U.S. (Extremely muted and depressed): No, there are 25.

Jade’s Luck: That’s good.

U.S. : Uniteligible mumbling.

Gareth: They’re not screw ups like us are they?

U.S. (Extremely muted and depressed): For my sake, I hope not. I can’t see a me’damned thing through this!

Jahar: That’s why you’re not saying or talking to anyone...

U.S. (Extremely muted): *Mumbled explanation then..* Get me more prayers!

Tiger: We should just bash it.

U.S. (Extremely muted): Been tried before.

Jahar: Who tried it?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Lightbringer, three lifetimes ago.

Jade’s Luck: Well if he tried it, we definitely don’t want to do it.

Tiger: Can you tell when your prison is weakened?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Yes.

Jade’s Luck: So basically we need to get enough prayers to you that you can break yourself out.

U.S. (Extremely muted): Excellent. Then miracles all around.

Gareth: Anything you’re opposed to in your religion?

The Unconquered Sun just stares at Gareth... dumbfounded.

Ceri: Right now they are giving out candy.

Gareth: I just wanted to make sure so we don’t screw up anything, by you know, promising the world.

Jahar: The other gods don’t want to get you out?

U.S. (Extremely muted): No. Why would they? There is a long list of thing. Should be fairly obvious! Murder of innocents: BAD *Everyone looks at A-Dom*, etc. Stuff like candy, I don’t care! Get me worshipers.

A-Dom (regarding killing children): Sorry!

U.S. (Extremely muted): You’re allows some trial and error.

A-Dom: Wooohooo!

U.S. (Extremely muted): Not that much!

A-Dom: Am I going to turn into a Death Knight?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Better not, I’ll kill you.

Jade’s Luck: We’ll HELP!

Jahar: Can you sense where the closest one of us is to us?

U.S. (Extremely muted, but high pitched): What? That’s Lightbringer isn’t it?

Everyone: Yes!

Jahar: Can you sense where the closest solar to our current location is?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Just you guys. I can’t even tell which one of you is which. Did I give you the right shards?

Jahar: What?

Tiger: No, not really.

U.S. (Extremely muted): I can’t see a damn thing through this.

Jahar: No we didn’t.

U.S. (Extremely muted): You should probably switch them around a bit then.

Gareth: How do we do that?

U.S. (Extremely muted): Damn, I hate to say this. Go talk to Opec.

Chorus of entire group: Noooo... no... noooo...

U.S. (Extremely muted): You figured it out before.

A-Dom: Can we just switch or do we have to trade with someone?

U.S. (Extremely muted): No you have to trade with someone voluntarily. *some more mumbling*

A-Dom: I like mine.

Jade’s Luck: It’s useful for him to be somebody else.

A-Dom: Stop bad mouthing me to god.

Ceri: I think he already knows.

Jahar: I’ve even been teaching my Acolytes about you.

U.S. (Extremely muted): More with the praying. Less with the books.

A-Dom (to Jade’s Luck): You pray too.

Jade’s Luck: I’ve been praying every day.

A-Dom: Ok, I’ll pray too. I didn’t know I was supposed to be.

Jahar: If we’re still standing on you when you go below the horizon what happens to us?

U.S. (Extremely muted): It would be unwell for you.

A-Dom: Where do we find books about you?

U.S. (Extremely muted): I think you’re screwed there.

Gareth: Sorry. My bad.

A-Dom: You’ll have to make some now.

Jahar: Anything else you want to suggest?

U.S. (Extremely muted): More worshipers is good. STOP SLACKING!

And with that the group hopped back onto the wall just before the Unconquered Sun went below the horizon and disappeared.

Gareth: We have a QUEST! To get him out of the soulsteel.

The group decided to just go back to Abalon through the hallway, since they couldn’t figure out how to get a job in Heaven. They then spent a month in Abalon, getting things ready for Jahar’s business, so they would actually make a profit.

Jahar also went to a number of weddings to get “Tears of Joy from a resident of Abalon” by handing handkerchiefs to people then wringing them out into a vial. Jahar also payed a tailor to make him a large(ish) flag of Abalon.

A-Dom spent some time handing out Altars and toys and dolls (that Gareth made) to his family members.

Jade’s Luck spent time handing out candy.

Near the end of the month, Ceri received a note from the Assistant to the Feathered One, requesting a meeting. The Assistant showed her he was a Lunar and told her he was upset with the Solars “running amuck” handing out candy and starting religious cults in his territory. So he asked her to deal with them.

Ceri then explained this to the Solars.

Jade’s Luck: So until we’re powerful enough to push him out and make this our territory, tone it down. Got it.

Now that the group has a goal in life the most common things said at the start or end of a conversation (even among the group) is: Worship the Unconquered Sun!

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 3/20/06 session - "We can make any day seem like Calibration!"

Synopsis for 3/20/06 session

"We can make any day seem like Calibration!"
by Alwaystoast

The group decided to sail back to Atlantis, and along the way try to collect the assorted thing Jahar (with the help of Opec) has decided he will need to repair the Artifact that is in the Elemental Manse.

Jahar, being Jahar, decided to write the list of things he will need down (in a different order and wording than the very specific list of required items). Then he gave the list to A-Dom. A-Dom gave the list to Gareth. Gareth decided that nobody else should see that list.

A-Dom, Gareth and Jahar began discussing a number of things on the list, and A-Dom pointed out that most of them could be covered by the corpse of one little old lady.

Jahar: The energy of what we use will go into the ritual. We really don’t want any ancient old lady themed teleportation devices.

Gareth of course sets course for Atlantis in the most straight course possible. Which basically means they will not see land again until they reach Atlantis. Nothing like several thousands miles of open ocean to make the trip seem fun. So the crew plans accordingly and adds additional barrels of water to the stores.

A-Dom decides after about a week at sea, that the crew needs to be introduced to Skelly (and vice versa). So at noontime, A-dom brings Skelly’s bucket up onto deck, and gets everyone is on deck at the time.

A-Dom: We’re perfectly normal. Everyone knows this.

Crew & Pirate Crew: Yes :thumbup: (much nodding and agreement)

A-Dom: Very good. Alright... Now there is a part of this that you don’t know yet.

The crew starts looking nervous.

A-Dom: Don’t freak out. (Very authoritative) I have a Skeleton.

Jade’s Luck: Umm... we all have skeletons.

Crew begings agreeing with the logic of Jade’s Luck.

Jade’s Luck: Do you mean, like, in a closet?

A-Dom: In a bucket. He has a hat.

A-Dom takes the lid off the bucket and Skelly stands up and waves to everyone with his hat.

A-Dom: This is Skelly, he helps me do things. It’s Ok. (pause) He’s not evil. (Long pause) My God said I could.

Gareth starts laughing.

Ceri: I believe his god said “I have bigger things to worry about right now.”

Jade’s Luck: Yea, well he’s not thrilled with the idea, but he’s got other problems. So I’m allowed to zap it if it gets out of line.

A-Dom: Not Skelly!

Jahar comes out onto the deck, in front of the entire crew.

Jahar: A-Dom! Oh, Hi Skelly. (Pause, then addressing A-Dom) How do you make a ghost bleed?

Jade’s Luck: I can make a ghost fry!

A-Dom: (after a botch int + occult roll): You stab ‘em! Lets kill some people and find out. (Back to addressing the Crew) Anyway, if you see an Undead trying to attack you, let us know. My undead will not try to attack you.

Jade’s Luck: And if you see any other undead, you totally have my permission to run away.

A few days later at around noon, A-Dom is on deck, just looking around, kind of boared, when he looks over the side of the ship. He sees the shadow of the ship, and deep under water he sees there is something very large swimming under the ship, with flippers. It looks somewhat familiar to him.

A-Dom: GARETH STOP THE BOAT!!!

Everyone looks at A-Dom like he is crazy.

Gareth: You want me to drop anchor?

A-Dom (panic in his voice): No! No... NO! Umm...

A-Dom points over the side of the ship. Gareth looks over the side of the ship and, being good old one-eyed Gareth, doesn’t see anything unusual.

A-Dom: (still pointing under the ship) The thing... pushing... pirate boat.

Gareth: I don’t see anything.

A-Dom: Do something!

Gareth: Like what?

A-Dom: Skelly! Skelly! There’s a thing under the boat...

Skelly wanders off. The first person he runs into is Jahar, who is sitting on deck reading. Skelly starts poking jahar.

Jahar (looks up): Can’t you see I’m reading?

Skelly looks as stupified as it is possible for a skeleton to look. Then he starts pointing down. Which appears to Jahar as though he is pointing at the boat.

Jahar: Awfully odd behavior for a skeleton.

Jahar walks over to where Skelly is standing and looks down at a rather normal looking deck plank. Skelly gives up and runs off to find someone else. Jahar then looks over the side of the ship, sees nothing, and goes back to reading his book. Skelly finds Jade’s Luck, makes like he will poke her, thinks better of it when she looks at him, then starts pointing down. Jade’s Luck assumes this means A-Dom needs to talk to her.

Gareth wanders off to tell Ceri.

A-dom: (talking to Jade's Luck): Remember when we met you and the thing that was pulling the boat? (A-Dom points down)

Jade’s Luck: Right, why don’t we tell everybody?

A-Dom (very irritated high pitched voice): That’s what I’m doing!

Jade’s Luck (yelling across the deck): Jahar, Tiger! You know the pushing creature from the pirate boat?

Tiger: Yea?

Jade’s Luck: It’s beneath us. A-Dom SAW it.

Jahar: A-Dom why the hell did you send Skelly to tell me?

A-Dom (to skelly): Skelly went to Jahar? Good Skelly! Good Boy! (A-dom scratches Skelly’s skull near the ear hole).

Jade’s Luck: Gareth can you maneuver so we are not directly above it? So you know, it doesn’t capsize us? (Pause, then yelling) Ceri, Ceri! There a...

Ceri: Yea, he told me... in a really long winded way. It would have been better if...

A-Dom feels the ship drop ever so slightly, as A-dom gets the impression the sea demon just dived to get read to attack the ship from below.

Ceri: It’s directly beneath us?

Jade’s Luck: That’s the impression I got.

A-Dom: We’re under attack!

Gareth (to the crew): Evasive action now! (Pause) A-Dom, we might need you to push, quick.

Gareth looks at the back of the boat. A-Dom looks at him horrifed.

A-Dom: Un-un, I’m not getting in there.

Gareth: Jahar butterfly... :):):):) that will hurt my boat.

Jahar: I’m not going to destroy the boat.

A-Dom: You are destined to destroy the boat.

Jade’s Luck: Can we put him in a dingy?

Gareth: We don’t have that much time.

Gareth, yelling orders at the crew, barely manages to get the ship to dodge to the left as the giant sea demon launches itself out of the water (having missed the ship). As the sea demon tries to flop back down onto the ship, Gareth manages to steer the ship to the right, under the sea demon while it’s in the air, saving the ship from all harm.

Unfortunatly, upon seeing the giant sea demon flying overhead, half of the pirate crew went running below decks. Half of the normal crew, completely panicked and abandoned ship. The rest of both crews stayed at their posts.

A number of the circle attack the sea demon while it’s on the surface. But they mostly irritated it, before it dove back down into the water. A-Dom, who was well off the ship, decided to Monkey Leap back onto the ship. Unfortunately, he couldn’t jump off the water. So he used one of the panicked sailors as a stepping stone.

The sea demon does another dive and attack pattern, and this time Gareth fails to get the ship out of the way. So the sea demon hits the ship dead center and launches it out of the water and about 50 feet into the air. This caused “bad things” to happen to the ship when it hit the water again, at a less then ideal angle.

Eventually Jade’s Luck managed to hit the sea demon with her anima power, causing it aggravated damage, with her demon scaring anima power up. So the demon fled deep into the ocean. Around three crew members were in fact eaten by the demon during the combat.

Gareth then went to go survey the damage of the ship. He finds that the keel is seriously shattered in one place, and there is water slowly seeping into the boat (as Gareth’s boat is terrifying well built). Skelly and some of the pirate crew started to bail.

Jahar and A-Dom start discussing whether or not they should be animating the remains of the half eaten crew members. Jade’s Luck turns them to ash so they are “properly buried” instead.

Gareth then realizes that a number of the water barrels either lost some of their content or were smashed entirely when they went flying through the air. So, water rationing for the Exalted people on the ship started so that the mortals would have water.

Jade’s Luck lead a “Thank the Unconquered Sun prayer session” for the crew after the demon was gone.

So, the group decides that the best way to find fresh water in the middle of the ocean, is to send Ceri off in raven form to fly around looking for water. After a week of flying around every day, Ceri finds a very small island with a fresh water spring on it.

The island was fairly barren, with some driftwood and small plants on it. It would take about two days to sail to it.

On the way there, Jahar started looking for spirits. Unfortunately, he decided to only look ahead of the ship, so he failed to notice the angry wind spirit sneaking up behind the ship. The angry wind spirit started to form a tornado around the boat. Most people noticed there was a strange wind. Gareth noticed that the wind was acting very odd, and that probably meant that there was an angry wind spirit around. Gareth then announced this to the group (and crew).

Unfortunatly there was no livestock in the cargo to sacrifice.

Jahar: Maybe we should sacrifice a pirate.

Jade’s Luck: Don’t make me beat you. I have obligations to the pirate.

Jahar Summons a hound of wind and earth, and tells it to “Go get big Fish.”

Jade’s Luck: Oh great wind spirit, what have we done to anger you?

The ship begins to spin around, as the wind starts to whip into a tornado. The group can hear the word “Respect...” in the howl of the wind. Everyone starts getting nauseated by the spinning.

Gareth: Everybody start praying! NOW!

So the group and the crew all begin praying to the “Great Wind Spirit” as best they could. Everyone continues to pray as the boat begins spinning faster, and faster. Jahar starts leading the group in organized prayer. The ship eventually stops spinning and Jahar and Jade’s Luck can see the less angry wind spirit wander off. Jahar continues to lead the crew in prayer to make sure it doesn’t come back anytime soon.

Jade’s Luck: I didn’t hear the Unconquered Sun say anything about polytheism being bad.

Jahar: Thank the Unconquered Sun for letting us know how to pray to other spirits!

There is some more damage to the cargo, and the water supply. Luckily the group is getting closer.

Once the ship arrived, which was several days later. Everyone goes to have a drink at the spring.

Jahar: We should filter this water somehow.

Jade’s Luck: Why?

Jahar: So it won’t make us go blind!

Ceri: How would fresh water make us go blind? (Pause, then very slowly to Jahar) This water is fresh water, it won’t make you go blind. It’s perfectly fine to drink.

A-Dom held up the ship while Gareth made the best repairs he could with the materials he had (meaning he took apart some other parts of the ship to reinforce the keel). Ceri also demonstrated she could repair the water barrels with sorcery. Which actually required less material then if Gareth were to fix them.

Eventually the group searches around the island. A-dom and Tiger find a plaque. When Gareth is shown the plaque he has a Past Lives memory of being on the island with Wretch.

Jade’s luck: Is this something else that’s Gareth’s fault?

Small plaque said:
Thank the Unconquered Sun for this great and plentiful water supply.

A-Dom decides to walk into the ocean and find some coral. Unfortunatly he relizes that he island is a vertical pilar that rises strait from the ocean floor.

A-Dom (to Gareth): :):):):)ing eh. Where did you learn to build an island?

Gareth: I don’t have that skill yet.

A-Dom: It’s like tall and round. (Pause) I don’t know what to do with this.

Jahar: I take it there is no coral? (Pause, then to Gareth) Did you like build anti-coral defenses into your islands?

A-Dom: We should put up like a sign or something. Water here!

Jahar: Let me see this plaque you mentioned.

A-Dom runs over to the stone plaque and tries to tear it out of the ground.

Gareth: Don’t remove it!

A-Dom is actually shocked to discover that he can not lift the plaque. So he starts activating more strength charms, then thinks better of it.

A-Dom (kind of sad): I don’t want to sink the island.

Jahar: Think of that like a wine cork.

Gareth (to A-Dom): I have a feeling you set that in place, that’s why it’s so hard.

A-Dom: I’m stronger than Me.

Gareth: I don’t think you’re stronger then you were.

Jade’s Luck: We need to get stronger than we were, then we can go back in time and kick our own asses.

A-Dom (very excited): We can do that!?!

Jade’s Luck: Maybe...

A-Dom: (cackling like a mad man) Time travel... (more cackling)

Jahar (pointing at something invisible): You see that? That’s time. We go this way in time.

A-Dom: No we go that way (pointing in the oposite direction from Jahar) down time!

Jahar: Don’t mess with it. (Jahar starts babbling about how bad an idea time travel is. Everyone ignores him.)

Inside A-Dom’s Head, he hears the angry voice of the Unconquered Sun: No time travel! (Pause) Backwards!

A-Dom (all excited): Hey... HEY! I just heard from the Unconquered Sun.

Jade’s Luck: Really? What did he say?

A-Dom: He said, No Time Travel. (Pause) But hey, I know I really pissed him off.

Jahar is still babbling about how bad an idea time travel is.

A-Dom (to Jahar): You can keep talking, but I’m not going to do it now. (Pause) All hail the Unconquered Sun what told me “No Time Travel.”

Jahar goes over and reads the plaque. He then has a past life memory of being here with Wretch.

Jahar (to A-Dom): You wrote this.

Jade’s Luck: He use to be a little girl!

A-Dom tries to dig around the plaque. He finds stone (actually Granite), and more stone, and more stone, and then he finds some very large stone hinges.

A-Dom: I found Hinges.

Jade’s Luck: Don’t break anything!

A-Dom: I’m digging in the sand, woman. I haven’t broken anything.

Jahar (pointing at something else that is invisible): Whatever you do, don’t mess that up.

A-Dom realizes that the reason he couldn’t lift the plaque was that it is basically the handle to the trap door, and he was standing on the trap door. A-Dom finally opens it. The Trap door is three feet wide, three feet long, and three feet thick, and made of Granite (slitly curved on one side so it can be opened on the hinges). Everyone looks down and see a dark shaft going strait down into the ground.

A-Dom: Wheeee! (As he jumps into the shaft)

Unfortunately, A-Dom didn’t open the trap door all the way, just enough for him to get inside. So the trap door began to close again. Tiger gets in and starts crawling down the shaft. Jade’s Luck gets in and starts climbing down the shaft. Jahar tries to climb down the shaft... but has a serious lack of Athletics. So he begins his unplanned face first plummet down the shaft. Tiger and Jade’s Luck both managed to dodge out of the way of the falling Jahar.

Jahar (as plummeting past): You made it look so easy!

A-Dom decided to catch Jahar at the bottom, and actually managed to do so without letting Jahar get hurt.

Gareth and Ceri just watched the trap door close.

Looking around, the group found themselves in small room. There was writing on the walls. Jade’s Luck reads it out loud so A-Dom would understand.

The Tomb Walls said:
Here lies the Wretch of Winter. The good(crossed out) and loyal (crossed out)... The Her(crossed out)... The bra (crossed out)... Enthusiastic servant of the Unconquered Sun. Fanatical in his beliefs and actions.

It then went on to list Wretch’s accomplishments in places the group had never heard of. (Jade’s Luck and Jahar made a list of all the places.)

He was very proud of the very first island that he ever built. This little pod knock piece of land. “See, Evening Tide of Autumn doesn’t build everything!” -Wretch of Winter. So we decided to place his remains here.

The group immediately decides to look around for a tomb to rob. They eventually find a circular stone fitted into a hole, which appeared to be the seal on the tomb.

A-Dom: This better not be a plug...

The group eventually decided that it was probably a vertical storage tomb, as the island was rather vertical to begin with. So A-Dom decides to “whip off” the lid. Which is much harder then he thought, as it turned out that the “lid” was screwed into the hole, and was several feet thick. So A-Dom started unscrewing it as fast as he could with his super strength (which was still pretty slow).

As A-Dom was unscrewing it, he started hearing noises. *click.* Click.* CLICK.* A-Dom and Tiger realized that some traps may have just been armed. The entire group then began to hear a grinding noise.

Gareth and Ceri then realized that the island was sinking.

Ceri: Get the sailors back on the boat.

Gareth: Everyone! Back on the boat! NOW!

The group in the tomb, simultaneously realized the ceiling was starting to lower down onto them.

Gareth (to Ceri): Ok, open it up.

Ceri tries to open it, but a cloud of green gas poofs out at her.

A-Dom: I’m going to try to get this open. (Looking at the lowering ceiling) If you have any better suggestions Tiger...

Tiger: We could disarm it first!

A-Dom (mildly shocked): Oh. (Pause) Ok.

Jahar and Jade’s Luck, went to stand under the large shaft, so they wouldn’t be crushed by the ceiling.

A-Dom and Tiger figure out that every time there is a *click* a caste mark symbol pops out somewhere in the room, and it has to be touched, very quickly. Unfortunatly, they have failed to do this three times already.

A-Dom: Uh, oh, there aren’t many castes left...

So they did this for the last two (Night and Eclipse symbols). Then A-Dom tried to lift the cap. Unfortunately, he found it to be... VERY heavy. Eventually with the help of Tiger and Jade’s Luck, they managed to inch it out of the way.

Then A-Dom stuck his head into the tomb shaft, and began disabling traps. He disabled the poison gas trap (the one that already fired). He then got out of the way so Tiger could try. Tiger disabled the sinking island/crushing room trap. Then everything was... OK.

At the bottom of the tomb was ash. But it wasn’t just a pile, the ash was shaped like skull eyes, nose, and teeth. As well as a little rolled up piece of paper. A-Dom grabbed the paper. He then tried to read it (it was in old realm, so A-Dom was the only one who couldn’t read it), while everyone else tried to read it over his shoulder.

Little piece of paper said:
Grand Dai - Your weapon here
Construction Instructions

Step 1: Take this piece of paper, wrap it around weapon. Void where prohibited, weapons that are already Grand Dai in nature are excluded.

Step 2: Say the magic words.

Step 3: Enjoy your new weapon.

-Pollus

A-Dom: Ok, lets get out of here if we can...

A-Dom and friends put the cap back into place, and screws it back down. A-Dom got the impression that the traps were re-arming. While he was doing this, Gareth heard a sliding/grinding noise from the trap door. Ceri, Gareth, and Tiger manage to get the trap door opened up all the way. Everyone climbed out... except Jahar who flew out as a flock of birds.

Gareth (upon seeing the note): Oh crap, I made that.

A-Dom: Of course you did. (Happy voice) I made the island! Do you remember the password?

After some trial and error and past live rolls, the group figures out that Wretch’s 'magic words' were “Give Me Stuff” in old realm. A-Dom wraps the paper around The Ugly Stick and *shaboigan* his club became much, much larger, and had more orchalum spikes sticking out of it. A-Dom just starts swinging it around.

Gareth: Now, you can make that go away, right?

A-Dom (confused): Why?

Tiger: Like I can make my sword go away.

Gareth: We are going to Dragon Blood Central remember.

A-Dom (maniacal voice and giggling): Ooo, hoo, hoo, That’s right... (starts making like he’s smashing Dragon Bloods with his club.) I can make them go away...

Jahar: We’re talking about your club, not the Dragon Bloods.

Jade’s Luck: Remember what they were saying about being discrete? You know, what they normally say right before becoming all shinny?

A-Dom: Can I play with my new toy and NOT get a lecture?:barb:

Unfortunately, the group then realized that the island didn’t raise back up (although it was not sinking anymore). As they were all standing knee deep in water (although there was no water flooding into the tomb hole, it appeared to be magically held back). They could also see the fresh spring bubbling up... into the salt water. So they closed the trap door on the tomb.

A-Dom: Now it’s a “hidden island.” (Long long pause.) I’m totally going to bury myself here... again.

Assorted quotes that were made at the game:

Dan: We need a larceny charm that can steal the salt out of the water...

Ryan: If you can’t torture your undead minions who can you torture?

A-Dom: Thank the Unconquered Sun for the warmth that is killing us slowly.

Liz: It’s like we are the itty bitty mom & pop store trying to compete against Walmart. We need to blow up Walmart.
Alex: Welcome to the Daniel School of Analogies. (Daniel the character in Firefly not the player)
Dan: No that actually makes sense.

Ryan: That would be awesome if I was our arch nemesis!

Ryan: This is totally something he (A-Dom) would make.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 4/10/06 session - "Jahar Got His Wish”

Synopsis for 4/10/06 session

"Jahar Got His Wish”

The Grumpy Craftsman sailed on for months and months across featureless ocean. It was very boring.

A-dom: (to Gareth) You must have built SOMETHING out here.

Gareth: Make Skelly dance again.

Jahar bemoaned the fact that he couldn’t pick up items along the way to fix the artifact in Tiger and Jade’s Luck’s Manse.

Jahar: Gareth picked this route cause he didn’t want me to fix the artifact.

Gareth: No. I picked this route because I wanted To Get :):):):)ing Home!

Jade’s Luck: A-dom, come on. Let’s get out and push again. I’ll help.

Jahar spent a lot of time convincing the crew that things did not suck as bad as they did. A-dom worked on figuring out how to cart his club around inconspicuously. These ideas revolved around rugs and covered carts. He briefly considered just rapping it in a rug and strapping it to his back, but realized that wasn’t exactly inconspicuous.

When they got close to home, they made a quick detour to Hoen-ba island. Everyone was very happy to see land (and other people).

Hoen-ba-ba-den greeted Gareth and Jade’s Luck as they approached her hut. After a brief amount of chitchat, Gareth got to asking about Joe.

Hoen-ba-ba-den: Oooooh. Man who sits in hut alone. Not so well, I think.

Gareth: He’s been sitting in the hut for a while now?

Hoen-ba-ba-den: Oooooh… One season, at least.

Gareth: Oh crap.

Hoen-ba-ba-den consulted with Gelf before continuing.

Hoen-ba-ba-den: What was he called? Missionary. Ah. Missionary come by. He was tasty.

*Gareth groans*

Hoen-ba-ba-den: He’s been sitting in his hut ever since festival day. Not sure why. We made sure he was not related. We even offered him arm.

Gareth: Oh crap.

Jade’s Luck: Your generosity must have overwhelmed him.

Hoen-ba-ba-den: Yes. He is in hut. Far side of island now.

Jade’s Luck asked Gareth if which of them should go see Joe. He responded that he wanted her to come along. On the far side of the island they found a poorly built hut. Inside the poorly built hut, they found an unshaven, unwashed Joe in a corner with a stick.

Gareth: Uh, Joe?

Joe: Who’s there?

Jade’s Luck: Hi Joe!

Gareth: Gareth.

Joe: (waves stick) You left me here! These people eat people! They offered me an arm!

Gareth: They only eat bad people.

Jade’s Luck: He was a missionary. That’s bad. You’re not a missionary, so you’re safe.

Gareth: The trip took longer than I expected. Much, much longer.

Joe: You said you were going to be gone a little while.

Jade’s Luck: He’s got no sense of time. I mean, he’s a really nice man, but no sense of time.

Gareth: Much, much longer. I didn’t know it was going to take this many months to get there and back. I expected a short trip to go (makes straight line hand gestures) zoop zoop we’re done. But noooooo. We’ve got to go (makes a half circle hand gesture) all the way around!

Jade’s Luck: And it did take several months to get back the short way. Very boring. Come on, lets get you cleaned up.

Joe: Can we got to Atlantis now?

Gareth: Hmm… almost.

*Joe whimpers*

Joe: Alright. You sail the boat around to here. I’ll wait.

Jade’s Luck continued to try and get him to wash. Gareth tried to explain delicately that Joe wasn’t free yet and couldn’t return to Atlantis quite yet.

Jade’s Luck: You know how long paperwork can take.

Joe: Hopefully not as long as boat trips.

Gareth gave Joe the choice of staying on Hoen-ba island or going to an island with no people (Opec’s island).

Joe: No cannibals?

Gareth: No cannibals, no people.

Joe liked that idea and embraced it. Gareth left Jade’s Luck with Joe while he went and got the boat. Joe made sure Jade’s Luck didn’t watch him bathe.

Once back on the boat, Gareth got all of the crew’s attention.

Gareth: Okay. We’re going to have a passenger for a short trip. We’re all perfectly normal.

Crew: (nods) Riiiiiiiiight. We’re with you, boss!

Jahar: You do realize that he is going to find out.

Gareth: Eventually. I just want him in a better mood first.

Jahar: It might be best if Skelly was back in his barrel.

Skelly slumped his shoulders and, well, would have sighed if he could. He lumbered over to his barrel in the middle of the deck, climbed in, and closed the lid. A few seconds later he could be heard twiddling his thumbs.

Jahar: A-dom, you should move his barrel down below.

Before they sailed around, Gareth asked Tiger to go negotiate with the Hoen-ba for food, since their supplies were hard tack. Gareth quickly whipped up some new clothes for Joe before heading back to shore.

Jade’s Luck: No, I’m not looking! You can shave!

Joe was very happy to have the new clothes. Once onboard the ship, Jade’s Luck showed Joe to Gareth’s room. He was going to make himself a place in the corner, but Gareth said he could use the bed. Joe was elated and collapsed on the bed. Jade’s Luck went to go see Fatty about getting Joe something to eat.

Getting ready to leave, Tiger told Gareth he was going to have to come back at a later date and build something in exchange for the food they were getting now. They figured he was good for it.

Gabe: You know, your first artifact is going to have to be a staff of hut creation.

Alex: Bah. Huts are too easy. My first artifact is going to be enchanted tools.

Liz: Tools Need No Master!

Paul: Instead of Craftsman Needs No Tools. A hammer and tongs working in your workshop while you go away.

Alex: That wouldn’t raise any questions… nooooooo…..

Paul: (mimicking an apprentice) Master Gareth is in back! He can’t come out right now, cause he’s busy.

Ryan: He’s perfectly normal.

Alex: I’m going to have to save that idea.

The trip to Opec’s island seemed to go by in the blink of an eye. When Ceri noticed the giant black obelisk, she asked what it was.

Gareth: Oh, that’s Opec.

Ceri: You all listen to a big, black rock?

Gareth: I don’t. He doesn’t want to talk to me anyway.

Jade’s Luck: I’ve had a few conversations with him. He’s interesting enough.

Tiger: Yeah, he’s not all that.

Jade’s Luck: Really Jahar mostly talks to the rock.

Ceri: That explains a lot, actually.

The group got into one of their meandering conversations. It started with the hoen-ba cannibals not eating many humans; only three that they knew of. It went along to wondering about the whereabouts of the Chief’s daughter to whether she was attractive or not to telling A-dom he couldn’t steal her.

A-dom: No, cause if I stuck her in a cave for several years she’d die.

The conversation then went on to about how Jade’s Luck would prefer it if A-dom only stole non-sentient, inanimate objects, or only stole things when he was with Tiger.

Gareth went ashore and made a nice little hut for Joe. He then went back to the ship and brought Joe to the hut. Joe had retained his stick.

Joe: Ooh, bananas!

*Joe pokes bananas with a stick to get them to fall*

Gareth went and sailed the boat away from Joe’s hut so he could go properly fix it while the rest of the Circle plus Ceri went to go talk to Opec. During their walk to Opec, they had a long discussion about whether or not they were going to need to kidnap Jahar’s kid and how they were going to go about it. They had a month to plan, at least.

Once at Opec, Jahar went and talked to him. He told Opec stories of their travels. When he got to talking about the switching of shards, Opec said that he remembered that and that it had happened once before, to his knowledge. That one was two shards getting switched as a result of the Unconquered Sun sneezing. Opec never heard about the results of the switch, but he said Weijin the Hideous was sure it was going to work and she wasn’t complaining later.

Opec: So, you remember that artifact you blew up?

Jahar: Which one?

Opec explained that they needed the big stone circle for the ritual. He explained that the owners would understand how it works when it was operational again.

Opec: During Calibration this year. Very important. It’s an anniversary of something. Don’t know what. Anyway, this is when the ritual can be done. It has to be sanctified by a Zenith and a No Moon. Hope you can find one of those.

Jahar: I think we have one of those. By the way, if she were to touch you, would she get blown away like the dragon-blood?

Opec: I don’t know. No Lunar has ever touched me.

Jahar: Are you curious?

Opec: Kind of. Bring her over! Anyway, they both have to agree that it is a good thing. Then they have to bless the candidates. Then the Zenith draws the new caste mark on each of the participants’ foreheads where it normally goes with gold dust paste. The No Moon draws it over each one’s heart with the gold dust paste. Then you have the controller of the artifact target the other side of the room. This normally doesn’t do anything, but, during Calibration, things don’t work normally anyway. Oh yeah. And never, ever try to go anywhere else in Creation with that thing during Calibration. Each person then renounces their old caste and wishes to become their new caste and steps through the artifact. Then they disappear. When each of them is inside the artifact, they will reappear on the other side of the room as their proper caste. If they screw up in any way, shape or form, everyone dies. So no goofing around.

Opec and Jahar then discussed the list for the circle artifact, what they had, and what they were going to substitute for the items on it.

Jahar: Left hand of the loyal servant; haven’t found any loyal servants lately.

Opec: (sputters) What? You don’t even have the left hand of a loyal servant yet?

The discussion, with both Opec and the group by Opec, stuck on the loyal servant part for quite a while. A-dom was very protective of Skelly’s left hand and would not entertain any discussion about needing to find a replacement. Down by his ship, Gareth felt a strange sense of worry about Joe’s hand.

Several violent ideas were entertained by Jahar, such as finding a rival merchant company and destroying one of their ships and harvesting the bodies of the crew. They eventually settled on going crypt crawling, raising a zombie ship, having A-dom make an undead war mount, stealing Cynis’s copy of Jahar and Jara’s marriage contract, having Gareth visit sick houses for prayers, and having Gareth build something right before the ritual, among other things.

Once Jahar was finished talking to Opec, Ceri approached him. Before she got up to him, she noticed silver runes in the sand around him. They looked very familiar and she was pretty sure they said Do Not Touch. Ceri did the wise thing and backed away.

Eventually they get back to the boat and the boat gets back to Atlantis. The circle splits company to go tend to their mortal affairs. Presented with the option of a whorehouse, a smith’s shop, and a noble house full of dragon-bloods, Ceri decided to tag along behind Gareth.

Matron Jade was filled in on where Luck had been and told Luck business had been poor and they needed her around for good luck. Gareth’s two nephews looked relieved to see he was back. Since they only had rudimentary metalsmithing skills, they had been making horseshoes and nails.

Gareth: I’m sorry, the trip took much longer than I expected. You have now mastered shopkeeping. I will now train you in other things.

And there was much rejoicing.

Jahar went home to House Sessus first. His father was happy with the progress he was making with the company. His sibling who exalted (before Jahar did) was off on the Blessed Isle for training. His little unexalted sibling was in school and doing well. His excessively cranking wife was in the last month of pregnancy. His father suggested lots of shiny objects when he visited her. At some point, an employee of Jahar and Jade’s Luck came running up and handed Jahar a list of what suck-up notes and gifts had been sent to Jara in his absence.

Jahar waited just long enough to have full knowledge of the list and his own collection of stuff to bring her. He put up his usual suite of social charms before going in. Jara looked very big. And cranky. And assigned to bed rest because carrying around her Grand Goremaul was bad for her back. The conversation was short. She was happy that he was back and had been sucking up to her. She then dismissed him. He found out she had been having difficulties with the pregnancy, which is very unusual for dragon-bloods.

Over the next month, during the day, Gareth trained his apprentices and did shop keeping chores. At night, he worked out exactly what he needed to get Joe legally freed and did that. He then brought Joe back from Opec’s island, set him up in a small house (that Gareth didn’t build) and set him up with a paying job at his shop.

The Circle plus Ceri discussed how they were going to deal with the birth of Jahar’s child. They ultimately decided that Tiger was going to get to know the little old lady nursemaid for the birth, then knock her out and impersonate her. A-dom, Jade’s Luck, and Ceri were going to impersonate assistants/apprentices, with Ceri doing all of the actual work. Gareth and Jahar were going to be at Jahar’s party that day, since men weren’t allowed at the birth. Tiger decided to store the nursemaid in a crypt they were going to loot for ingredients for the artifact. Jade’s Luck spent hours trying to instruct A-dom on how to properly handle a baby. Not sure how well it worked, really.

A-dom: I’m not touching that! It’ll have goo on it.

Tiger made himself look like the little old nursemaid. Jade’s Luck disguised herself to look like a proper apprentice to a nursemaid. Ceri tweaked her features a little to look less like a barbarian. A-dom made himself look female. The entourage arrived at House Cynis to find out that there were a lot of women there for the birth from House Cynis and House Sessus. Half the room was women drinking and the other half was the bed with Jara on it. Jara looked very uncomfortable and was clutching her GoreMaul like a security blanket. Ceri did actual helpful things to let nature take its course more quickly. A-dom and Jade’s Luck did their best to block the view of the drinking women, so it didn’t look like Ceri was doing all the work.

Across town, Jahar was a very stressed man. Others were tying to get him sloshed and drugged into oblivion to calm him down. Gareth was mostly keeping Jahar sober and drug free enough for combat, but he was sure Jahar was sneaking some of the hard stuff every once in a while.

Two hours later, Jara was in hard labor. This was further evidence that things were strange with this child, since a dragon-blood birth only takes one hour. This made everyone on the drinking side of the room nervous. Ceri noticed that there was smoke coming out of a place it really shouldn’t have been. She wasn’t sure, but, since the mother was a Earth dragon-blood, it was possible the child was currently on fire. Her reasoning continued, since this only happens to exalted dragon-bloods, that would mean that this child had just exalted. Though she didn’t know too much about dragon-bloods, she was pretty sure that it wasn’t normal.

Ceri: We need to get his kid out now!

Ceri briefly discussed cutting the mother open to get the child out, but Jara’s skin was even more rock hard than normal, since she had clearly activated a few protection charms. She finally decided to just stick her hand in and pull out the burning child. Since she was now holding a flaming baby, she quickly set it down in a metal basin/crib. The drinking women fawned over the baby, but only the fire aspect dragon-bloods were willing to hold it. There was some minor discussion about how this child was going to be fed, since the usual mortal nursemaid weren’t going to work. The nursemaid group joyously told Jara that she had been blessed by a very special child which the dragons had already blessed with their favor. Ceri had the proof that their child was blessed, since her hands were now badly burned.

Tiger was glad that they didn’t have to immediately kidnap the child because this way they got paid.

Across town, the party eventually broke up and Gareth was sent home. A couple of days later, when Jahar sobered up, his mother came to talk to him. She told him that there were some slight complications with the child, however it was a very special baby who had been sent to the Blessed Isle for training. The elders of House Sessus wanted to meet him. His fire aspect sister took the child, but, since the child was exalted and didn’t know how to turn his power off, he needed to be held for the entire trip. Jahar’s mother (and others) blamed Cujug (Jara’s grandfather) and his random fertility concoctions. She finished by telling him that she wanted more grandchildren soon and that Jara wanted to see him.

Once Jahar was dressed and shaved, he went to go see Jara. He brought her a gift, though he wasn’t quite sure what was appropriate, since no Dragon-blood had ever had a difficult childbirth.

Jara looked like a mortal who had given birth.

Jara: Our parents want us to breed again. I suggest we put that off for twenty years or so. I know that is getting a bit old for you, but...

Jahar: That bad?

Jara: Yes.

Jahar: I can deal with that.

Jara: I’ll send you a list of names. You can leave now.

Jahar wandered out. Somehow, that conversation had made him cheerful.

Over the next several months, the Circle worked on gathering the items needed to fix the artifact. When Jahar put it all together and fixed it, he found it was a big stone circle with a net of Wyld within it. Tiger and Jade’s Luck instinctually knew how it worked. It was a gate that allowed you to teleport to any island in Creation that you had already visited. It would only take to a big, open place on the island. Only those that entered through the circle onto the island could go back through into the Manse. Also, Tiger and Jade’s Luck were the only ones that could target the gate and walk through and back freely. They had control of who could return to the Manse and had to be on the island side of the gate to do so. The portal would not allow for large amounts of stuff to be shipped through it, so this was for adventuring purposes only. And, finally, since it was a Wyld portal, use by mortals was at their own risk.

Then Calibration arrived. A-dom was very happy that it was his birthday once again. When he was woken up that morning by an angry gang of monkeys holding muffins. They were angry because they didn’t want to be up this early. Jahar took several hours to drill into A-dom’s head that he couldn’t screw around during the ritual, since that would kill all those involved. Gareth decided, since he wasn’t involved in the ritual, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the gate room. He was more than a little worried when he was told he had to be there.

Jahar: You mostly have to do minor occult things in the background at my direction.

Gareth: Do you really think that is wise?

Jahar: You just have to do mindless stuff; nothing complicated.

Gareth: okay…

Gareth still felt worse about his roll in this.

The ritual went along well enough. The gods obviously wanted this to happen, since Jade’s Luck’s blessing was phenomenal (ten successes).

Ryan: Wow. You blessed the :):):):) out of us.

A-dom actually felt repentant for his unholy ways and sobbed apologies to the Unconquered Sun.

After the caste marks were drawn and they did the renouncing, A-dom went into the portal, followed by Tiger and finally Jahar. On the other side of the room, Tiger came out first, followed by Jahar, and finally A-dom. They were glowing with different animas and colors and the new caste marks glowed brightly.

Tiger is now a Night Caste.
Jahar is now an Eclipse Caste.
A-Dom is now a Dawn Caste.

The gate then waved a bit and spit out a piece of paper. Jahar was the first to grab it and began reading it intently. After a few moments, Jahar spoke.

Jahar: We are invited to a dinner. We’re safe, as long as we don’t break the treaty.

The note eventually got passed around the Circle.

Invitation to Dinner said:
Solar Circle West
Greetings and Salivations
To Dinner you come

This we must do now
Great Treaty must abide
Calibration Calls

None may be Harmed
Manipulated by any
Killed or Wronged

Explicitly

During this Dinner
So Say the Lawgivers
On Calibration

Bring more Exalted
Too many will not arrive
Unless you bring all

Creation

Traps are not set
Your Divine Exiting may
be Expeditious

How Else will I Know
If you enjoyed my work
Upon this Haiku?

Gareth and Jahar consulted each other and the knowledge of the past to determined that this letter came from someone they had defeated. Ceri knew that it came from someone whom they (ie all exalted) defeated and made sign the treaty.

The group discussed the importance of this meeting and the power of those that sent the letter while the portal flickered on to show an entry room. A-dom walked through the portal, ceasing any discussion. Jahar followed quickly, since he felt A-dom would need his protection. He admonished A-dom for his spontaneity and lack of forethought, telling him that curtains might stab him.

A-dom: Where’s your sense of adventure?

Tiger picked up his, A-doms, and Jahar’s stuff and walked through the portal. Jade’s Luck summoned a monkey and told it the Circle was accepting a dinner invitation and should return shortly. Ceri decided she was already all dressed up, so she might as well.

A-dom: Can I have your bracers?

Since he now knew the bracers would no longer work for him, Jahar handed the bracers over to A-dom.

Jahar: A-dom, in exchange for this you must now behave yourself and make sure you don’t break the treaty.

A-dom: (not really paying attention as he puts the bracers on) How do they come off?

Jahar: I’ll show you if you agree.

A-dom agreed and Jahar sanctified the deal.

Once the entire Circle was assembled in the entryway, the big doors opened a crack and a rag doll walked through. He was missing one arm, where straw and stuffing was coming out and his head was bent perpendicular to his body.

Maibee01.jpg

Rag Doll: Ah. Dinner guests! Excellent!

Jade’s Luck and Jahar put up their social charms. Jahar bowed to the rag doll. The rag doll bowed back with his broken neck causing his head to wobble from side to side.

Jahar: We’re here to answer the invitation.

Rag Doll: Yes yes yes. Did you like my haiku?

Jahar and Jade’s Luck complimented the haiku. The rag doll led the group into a big, well lit dining room with a star shaped table. Near a side of the table was a metal grate that appeared to open into a pit. The floor was slanted slightly to direct liquid flow into said pit. There were chairs lined up against the wall. Each chair had a post that would conveniently fit into one of the many post holes around the table.

Rag Doll: As is your rite by the treaty, you may place the chairs. Once you do so, the other guests will arrive and we’ll have dinner. Oh. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Maibee.

A-dom: And who are the other guests? (to Jahar) Hey, look. I’m behaving. I didn’t hit him first.

Maibee: Jaznym, Ello, Orabilis, Bellowdona, Captain Zailnox, Drokdo, Adjoran, Cecelyne, and Hegra will be joining us for dinner.

Jahar recognized Bellowdona as the name of a Yozi titled She who bleeds rivers of poison.

Jade’s Luck and Jahar looked over the chairs. There were five gold chairs and one silver chair, which the Circle determined were for themselves and Ceri. There was a poorly made chair of splintered wood, rags and straw. A chair made of plush velvet. One made of shredded books. One was a captain’s chair made of broken oars. One chair that was made out of nails. A brass chair that was full of holes. One gigantic chair made out of granite. Finally there was one delicate pedestal made out of ice.

Jade’s Luck spent some time figuring out where the chairs should be placed and directed the others around to place them. The Gold chairs went at the points with the Silver chair next to one of the Gold ones. The big stone chair got the space alone, since she figured he was a pretty big guy and needed the room. A-dom activated a few charms to move it. She also made sure the velvet chair wasn’t placed next to the one made of rags.

A-dom: (to Maibee) The chair made out of straw is yours?

Maibee: Oh heavens no. Mine’s the nail chair. It’s comfy.

A-dom: (to Maibee) Oh. Should I ask where we are?

Maibee: You are inside the prison you built… for us.

A-dom: (to Maibee) That was a few lifetimes ago.

Maibee: Oh. I believe the colloquial terms for it are Malfeas and Hell.

Alex: You got your wish, Gabe.

A-dom made small talk with Maibee, asking him what he’d done to get here and if he was a really bad guy. Maibee responded that he’d signed the annoying treaty to get here and he wasn’t bad, he was very reasonable.

Tiger: Do you know Spikey?

Maibee didn’t know anyone named Spikey. He picked off a bit of the stuffing in his arm that was falling out.

Maibee: Which one of you is Wretch?

Jahar: A-dom.

A-dom: Yes?

Maibee: Thanks for breaking my neck, by the way.

A-dom: It was a lifetime ago! Practically a different person.

Maibee: I can’t hold it upright.

Jade’s Luck: Are you still Wretch?

A-dom: I don’t know. I think I’m Wretch.

Ceri muttered a curse under her breath, but no one noticed. Jade’s Luck placed the last of the chairs.

Maibee: Ah, good! Time for the guests to arrive! Our first guest is Jaznym, Lady of Irresistible Desire.

A small woman dressed in a black burka entered and seated herself on the velvet chair.

Maibee: Our second guest is Ello the Unwelcome Guest.

An ugly, trollish like gobliny monster came in picking his nose, scratching his ass, and looking around.

Ello: Where’s the food?! Jackasses!

He scratched his nuts and wandered to his rag chair.

Maibee: Our next guest is Orabilis, the End of All Wisdom.

A tall man in while robes with a large, orchalum mouth gag all around his collar, mouth and the top of his head entered.

Ceri: (muttered) I guess he won’t be eating.

Maibee: Yes, well, the End of All Wisdom is not allowed to talk to you anymore.

Orabilis went and sat in the book chair.

Maibee: Bellowdona. She Who Bleeds Rivers of Poison.

A very beautiful woman walked in who was literally bleeding poison from lots of open wounds. She sat down in the brass chair full of holes. Her blood rain off down the drain.

Maibee: Captain Zailnox. Bringer of Infinite Bad Luck at Sea.

A tall green demon with a captain’s hat on entered with a bunch of knee high pirate guys following him around. He sneered at Gareth as he went to sit in his captain’s chair.

A thumping noise could then be heard.

Maibee: Ah. Drokdo - All Flee Where He Treads. Now in attendance.

The door opened up to reveal BIG, red, six armed demon with lots of weapons strapped to him. Each time he took a step, the floor tiles got up and ran away. Once he had passed, the floor tiles came back and settled down. He dropped himself into the granite chair. Looking into the corridor, the Circle could see large potholes leading up to the door. It looked like wherever he had stepped, the floor had exploded.

The door then opened, but nothing apparently came in.

Maibee: Adjoran, the Silent Wind.

It appeared like he moved over to the ice pedestal, but it was hard to tell. Some of the little pirate guys fell dead as he passed.

Maibee: And that is all the seated guests.

Ceri seated herself in her silver chair between Orabilis and seat three. The Circle seated themselves. Jahar, being the Eclipse, sat at seat number one between Jaznym and Maibee. A-dom was told to sit in seat four, between Ello and Orabilis. Jade’s Luck sat down in seat five between Bellowdona and Captain Zailnox. Gareth sat down in seat two, between Drokdo and Adjoran. Tiger was the last of the Circle to be seated. He sat in seat three between Ceri and Drokdo. Fate seemed to mocking Ceri.

One of the walls tore away and dissolved, revealing an endless desert.

Maibee: Ah. Cecelyne the Lawmaker and Endless Desert has arrived.

The entire roof then ripped off to reveal a swirling typhoon of Nightmares. Tiger yelped, dived under the table, and started screaming. No one really seemed to care. A-dom and Jade’s Luck were barely able to remain in their chairs, desperately not wanting to look up. Jahar and Ceri were able to occasionally glance up, but really just didn’t want to think about it. Gareth looked up and stared, thinking Oooh. Spinny. Yep. So I’m in hell. Whatever.

Gareth made an idle comment about not building that.

Maibee: Hegra the Typhoon of Nightmares is here. Now we can eat!

A number of demons came in carrying mortal food for the Circle and Ceri and buggy Klingon-like food for the demons.

The Yozi tried chit chat, asking about Creation, but the Exalts were fairly tight lipped about it. Ceri was delighted that she was between ‘Mr. Gagged and Mr. Coward’ so she didn’t need to talk. Drokdo did try to engage her in conversation, asking her if she had started any wars lately. She responded in the negative and why she would want to do that.

Drokdo: Cause they’re fun. People die. It’s fun.

Ceri: I’m a healer.

Drokdo: See! Creates work for ya! Steady income.

Jaznym was very polite to Jahar.

A-dom: (to Orabilis) So, still gagged? Yup.

Orabilis occasionally tore off a page from his chair, scribbled a little note and passed it to A-dom. A-dom had the sense not to read them.

A-dom: (to Orabilis) No, that’s okay. I’m good.

Most of the way through the dinner, Tiger finally managed to drag himself out from under the table and back into his chair.

Near the end of the dinner, Maibee stood up and picked up his glass.

Maibee: The time that you call Calibration was created when we created the gods of seasons and time. We set aside this time between years as a festival in our honor. During this time, our powers are not limited by the rules of Creation and the gods who do not give us our rightful due can not maintain control. We also added this time so we could have the power to make some adjustments, should they be needed at a later date. When the gods made you (gestures to the Exalts) and you defeated us and stuck us in this prison. Then, of all the humorous things, your followers rose up and stuck your souls in a prison. It took us a while to realize that you were no longer in Creation. But when we did, Cecelyne, the Lawmaker (the Circle got the strange sensation that the desert was bowing) came up with a plan. We had some paperwork submitted to the bureaucracy of Heaven, on our behalf. Just a few things, here and there, and in an interesting turn of fate, you were released from your prison just in time to see our changes take place. I assure you, when it comes to the bureaucracy of Heaven, the whole is more important than the sum of its parts. So we hope that you enjoy the world that you return to after this dinner. As you won’t be able to turn it back. So I propose a toast. To the eventual escape from all inescapable prisons.

All of the Yozi drank. The Solars wearily drank to it. Ceri pretended to agree and drink.

A-dom: I’m sure I’ll be imprisoned sometime.

Jahar: Oh, so tell me. What changes have been brought?

Maibee: Oh, just a few things here and there. You’ll figure it out.

Jahar: I’m sure I will. Care to give me any hints?

Captain Zailnox: All mutinous bastards will be automatically keelhauled.

Other Yozi: No, we shot that one down.

Captain Zailnox slumped in his chair.

Maibee: No, you may find things a little different. Things have been a little normalized. Everything is under control.

Ceri: Normalized? It wasn’t normal before?

Maibee: No.

Jade’s Luck: Why did the gods have us over throw you?

Maibee: They wanted to control heaven.

Jade’s Luck: Ah. Politics then.

Maibee: Greed.

Maibee wasn’t releasing any information. He was just acting smug. Every once in a while he popped off a button eye and polished it.

Maibee: No, I don’t have eyes. Some BASTARD sewed these on my face so she wouldn’t be disturbed because I didn’t have eyes. Kept saying I wasn’t paying any attention to her. (Maibee then "looked" towards Jade's Luck.)

Jade’s Luck: I’m sorry, I have very little memory of my past lives. I apologize for anything I did in a previous existence.

Maibee waved his half an arm about so she would be sure to see it.

They made more small talk.

A-dom: So, uh, troll life agreeing with ya?

Ello: It’s boring here! Dull! Nothing exciting ever happens.

Ello pulled out a dart and threw it at the Captain’s head. It stuck in the back of his skull. A-dom thought that was cool.

Ello: See, no one pays attention to me.

He then pulled out a big glob of snot and threw it at Jaznym. It hit an invisible barrier and slid off.

Ello: No one ever invites me, I just come anyway.

Ryan: So tempted to invite him back to Creation.

Jahar asked Maibee about other things they helped with.

Maibee: We can’t take credit for everything. The vast incompetence of the Exalted has helped a lot. We’d like you to thank the others for us.

Jade’s Luck: Which others would you like us to thank?

Maibee: The incompetent ones.

Jade’s Luck: The Terrestrials or the ones that don’t talk very much and no one wants to talk about?

All of the Yozi smiled.

Jade’s Luck: That’s what we thought. We need to find these morons and apparently beat on them a lot.

There was a thunderous round of applause from all the Yozi.

Jade’s Luck tried to find out where these exalts were, but the Yozi were tight lipped. Jahar kept listening for the Silent Wind to say something. A-dom talked over Ello to speak with Bellowdona.

Jahar: Maibee, I did not catch your title.

Maibee: Lies by Omission.

After a little more time, everyone got up to leave. Ceri smiled and faded out of existence. None of the Circle noticed, thinking she had just went through the portal. Jade’s Luck found out that this was the anniversary of putting the Yozi in prison.

The Circle went through the portal and found that Ceri wasn’t there. Jahar postulated that Ceri figured out that she was in a prison that couldn’t keep her and willed herself home, which took her to her village. He couldn’t verify this until after Calibration, though.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
4/24/06 session - "More Pointless Arguing Than You Can Shake A Stick At!"

Synopsis for 4/24/06 session

"More Pointless Arguing Than You Can Shake A Stick At!"

Ceri appeared back in her home village. The villagers were happy to see her back and didn’t really question her sudden appearance. After all, it was Calibration. She spent a day or two talking to Dylan and checking up on things before deciding that the Solars could be getting up to a lot of trouble without her.

Back at the Manse, Jade’s Luck approached Gareth about Jahar and A-dom needing babysitters during Calibration. Gareth wanted to just get a bunch of monkeys watch them, but that was a no go. So, Gareth ended up watching A-dom while Jade’s Luck and Tiger got to watch Jahar. Gareth was happy he got the easier job. After all, A-dom just went along with the bodyguard idea. Jahar argued about not needing a bodyguard because he said he had learned not to use sorcery in Calibration. Jade’s Luck and Tiger didn’t believe him and formed a plan to knock Jahar out when he tried to use Sorcery.

A-dom wanted to convert the monkeys to the religion of the unconquered Sun ‘the hard way’ for practice. Gareth squashed that idea, explaining that Jade’s Luck was very good at persuading people, so there really wasn’t a need for ‘the hard way.’ Besides, Luck and Tiger might get upset over messing with their monkeys.

A-dom went over to Jade’s Luck and started trying to convince her to let him go talk to Dark Opec. He failed miserably to properly motivate her. She did consider dropping him in Heaven to talk to the boss, but decided against it. Eventually he gave up and turned to talk to Tiger about letting him go. This time it worked.

The group headed up to the Portal room to watch. Tiger stood in front of the Circle for about half an hour before he said that it was set. Only Tiger and Jade’s Luck could actually see Dark Opec’s island in the Underworld. Everyone else just saw a wobbily circle of Wyld energy.

Tiger assured A-dom that it would work. Jade’s Luck suggested to A-dom that he put up Integrity Protecting Prana before stepping through, since it was a Wyld portal and all. But, since this was Jade’s Luck suggesting it and she clearly didn’t want him to see Dark opec, A-dom decided that this was bad advice. So, A-dom grabbed Tiger and went through the portal. Tiger, at least, put up Integrity Protecting Prana before he was pulled through. Apparently he had learned that sometime since the Circle met Aylee.

Standing on Dark Opec’s island, A-dom found himself changed by the portal. He now had shark eyes (dark and evil looking, but with improved sight). More obvious was that his feet had burst his boots as his hands and feet had grown large talons. Finally, his lower canine teeth had grown into a large underbite to look like Ogre fangs. A-dom now looked like a Fair Folk.

A-dom: Now I’m going to kill Jade’s Luck.

Tiger: You didn’t put up your charm to protect yourself from the Wyld, did you?

A-dom: Oooooh. You didn’t say anything about that.

Tiger: Didn’t Jade’s Lu…?

A-dom: (cutting Tiger off) No, YOU didn’t say anything about that. I believe nothing that comes out of her mouth.

Tiger: Don’t you remember the first time we used it?

A-dom: Yeah. I walked right through. It took us to the Yozis.

Tiger: Well, the portal is kind of made out of the Wyld, so you kind of want to protect yourself when you go through it.

A-dom: Oooooh. Really? Well, good thing you didn’t tell me before. (Rubs his tusk with a clawed hand) Might look foolish.

Tiger showed A-dom where the portal was and told him it was slowly spinning, so he might need to try a few times to get through. A-dom walked over and talked to Dark Opec. It was a short conversation where A-dom just brought him up to up to date.

A-dom: Okay, I’m done.

Tiger: Wow. That didn’t take long.

A-dom: No. That’s why there was lots of arguing. This was such a complicated thing. Horribly horrible horrible.

Tiger tried talking to Dark Opec, but he didn’t say anything. Tiger called him a prick and walked off.

They returned to find the portal room empty. Wandering around, they found the other three in the sun room where Jahar was reading. Amazingly enough, Gareth noticed A-dom’s new look.

Gareth: What the hell?

A-dom: (grumbles and points at Jade’s Luck) She did that.

Gareth asked Jade’s Luck when she learned Wyld-shaping. A-dom told her she should learn them real quick.

Jade’s Luck: So, why is this my fault?

A-dom: Because you were all... (imitates Jade’s Luck’s high voice) Oh, you should do this and de dii da de de dii da de. (stops imitating) So obviously, I didn’t. I believe nothing that comes out of your mouth.

Jade’s Luck: Cause I’m such a big liar?

A-dom: Yeah. Yes. You are!

Back with Ceri, she eventually decided to fly off towards where the Solar Circle was. She flew over a big Wyld island, where a barker was standing next to a sign.

Barker: Come to the Wonderful World of Aylee’s Big Calibration sale. Knowledge, Information, and Travel Insurance!

Ceri flew down to take a look, not quite sure why she was doing it.

Ceri: Sometimes I think I need a keeper. I don’t know why I’m here.

She went down a long hallway. Suddenly, the floor started moving, taking her further down the hall.

Disembodied Voice: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the Cave of Tomorrow! Bringing you the advance you want, today! You too can control Solars with the power of your mind! Learn all the nest techniques for keeping them under control! Electroshock prods! Collars to keep them in line! Talk to Aylee today!

Ceri: Riiiiiight. And monkeys might fly out of my butt too. Well, here they might. I should be careful what I say.

She got to the end of the hallway, which opened up into a large waiting room. There were a lot of benches and Wyld beings waiting around. She also saw several other tunnels leading off; Deep Wyld, Medium Wyld, Atlantis Hilltop, Elemental Island (closed due to construction, exit only).

Ceri begrudgingly walked down the last hallway. She found herself in a small cave in an underground city. She walked passed a smashed flower shop with a ‘Closed for Business’ sign in the lack of window. Looking around, she found one particular residence with a half-worked map of a larger underground town. The plans ended with the word labor with a question mark after it. The word demons was crossed off. The word spirits had a question mark after it. Somewhere in the margins was scrolled A-dom?. In the next room she found a properly made Demon Summoning Circle. She easily deduced that this was Jahar’s place.

Eventually she found her way to the surface. She looked around, seeing the road to the Manse, then walked into a party and enjoyed herself with drinking. Sometime while she was drinking, the person to her left dropped to the ground. Then she noticed the person to her right drop to the ground with an axe in his back. It was about this time she noticed Walrus people attacking the village. She turned into her Beast Form and made quick work of the Walrus people’s Fae leader, their thuggish guy, and several of their grunts. The attackers were torn into sections, some lungs ripped out. It was all very bloody. The walrusmen retreated once their leader was killed, swimming off towards London.

Ceri spent some time healing the wounded and considered converting the town to her ways of thinking. Clearly the ‘don’t encroach on another exalt’s territory’ rule doesn’t apply to her. She then turned into a raven to fly off ahead of them.

At the Manse, Ranger came up to Tiger.

Ranger: We’re under attack, sir!

Tiger: Uhh, by who?

Ranger: Uhh… barbarians, sir! They came from the ocean. They’re at the town of Vancouver right now and we expect them to move up to coast to London later.

Tiger: How bad is it?

Ranger: Not good, sir! Oh yeah, and there is a big bird person there too.

The Circle decided that, since it was two days to either town, they would go towards London to head the barbarians off. Gareth made a road to London from the Manse with the help of his sword. A-dom went ahead of him making growling noises to scare off animals. Throughout the preparation for the trip and during the walk, A-dom started asking Tiger questions about his past.

While flying over the island, Ceri noticed a road being built and a group of Solars also headed for London. She cawed at the group. A-dom chucked a squirrel at the raven but missed. Tiger questioned A-dom’s actions, since they knew someone who was raven-like. Jahar said that it was either a raven or ‘The Enemy Lunar’. A-dom chucked a woodchuck at the raven.

Jahar: It is probably a good idea to determine if it is Ceri or the enemy lunar before we continue chucking wildlife.

Tiger: (yelling) We don’t know if there is an enemy lunar!

A very exasperated Ceri flew down and wasted the essence to change into human form.

Ceri: Yes! It’s Me! Can I continue flying towards the bad things now?

A-dom threw a squirrel at her.

Jahar: Then why’d you stop?

Ceri looked like she was going to rip Jahar’s head off. She changed back into a bird and flew off. The Circle made it to London after a while. A villager handed Jade’s Luck a beer.

Jade’s Luck: That might be a bad idea. Some Wyld barbarians are coming to raid.

A-dom: (walking up) Yes. We’re looking for Wyld barbarians.

Upon seeing A-dom, the villager screamed.

Tiger: Barbarians.

Villager: (pointing at A-dom) There’s one!

Gareth: A-dom, stop scaring the villagers.

A-dom: I didn’t do anything. Oh wait, I can turn it off.

A-dom made himself look like A-dom, not the beast he had become. Jahar and Ceri discussed Vancouver. Gareth allowed his armor to drop out of Elsewhere, then spent the time (not the Essence) putting it on.

Jade’s Luck instructed the villagers to go hide in the jungle until the threat had passed.

Villager: (to Gareth) Can you make us a wagon?

Gareth: I don’t have enough time.

Jade’s Luck asked the villager to start praying to the Unconquered Sun for them as they fled.

The Circle waited around for the barbarians to show up. A-dom pointed to the sky and tried to launch a walrus, but ended up only launching half of the creature. Jade’s Luck lopped a head off. Gareth swung ineffectually. Tiger slashed a guy that would die later from the poison. Jahar sectioned off a guy and hit A-dom in the back with his other sword. Ceri took out the stragglers. The village was saved. And there was much rejoicing. The Circle then headed back to the Manse.

Paul: Okay. Why don’t you all discuss what you’re going to do after Calibration.

Ryan: After Calibration, we should go to Disneyland.

Alex: I’ve got a few more things to learn before then, but yes, I’m planning on going there soon.

They talked for a little bit, but there wasn’t any objections to going to Atlantis for a few few more months before heading up to Skullstone Archipeligo. They explained to Ceri about Gareth’s contract and the Death knights and him needing bodyguards while there. She didn’t seem to like the concept of Death knights or shadowlands, but could go along with Gareth needing protection. He explained that he wanted to get his two remaining months of contractual service completed before he became more powerful. They also explained about the Bone Lion.

The group checked out Vancouver and found there were only six people living there now. After much discussion by Jade’s Luck with the residents of both villages, she arranged for Vancouver to be abandoned and the remained residents to move to London.

Gareth found The Grumpy Craftsman 2 was still there, so he was happy. Jade’s Luck fried the corpses before A-dom could think to raise them.

When the Circle was leaving the Elemental Island, Gareth went onboard his ship and formally welcomed each member of the Circle (and Ceri) onto the ship in Old Tongue.

Gareth: If you bring someone on board one of my ships, it is a very good idea for you to clear it with me first and have me welcome them aboard. If you sneak someone on board, it's not my fault if they die before the trip is over.

Once back at Atlantis, A-dom took Ceri bar hopping. Gareth worked in his shop and with his apprentices. Jahar spent some time at his manor in the hills (that he had had Gareth build during the several months the group spent on Atlantis). He plotted, with Jade’s Luck’s advice, on taking over a city and converting the inhabitants to worship the Unconquered Sun. His plan hinged on no one noticing by not letting anyone into the city and having A-dom impersonate anyone someone wanted to see. The fact that A-dom couldn’t Perfect Mirror people was lost to him.

Eventually, Tiger assembled the Circle together. He told them that in a town on the other side of the island, a radical sect of the immaculate Order had sprung up and was imposing their beliefs upon the population. These were fairly strict, out there interpretations of the religion, even for the Immaculate Order. Things like reading the text every day and supporting Memnon, daughter of the Scarlet Empress and founder of House Memnon, to take over the title of Empress. Since the Order wasn’t doing anything about them, Tiger felt the Circle should go and remove the sect. He completely failed to give any reasons for this, since the group believed this sect could only hurt the Empire. A-dom was for it once he found out that the town was the closest one to the Wretched swamp, since he wanted to go there. Jahar knew that this swamp was around where his father’s Manse was, so he was for going that way. Plus, this way he could start his plan for taking over a town and setting himself up as a secret master of it. Jade’s Luck joined on with the idea of killing other religious fanatics. Since it was the will of the Circle, Gareth went along with the plan.

The Circle took The Grumpy Craftsman 2 around the island of Atlantis towards the town and swamp. Since the ship was built for about 10 people, they took Fatty along on the voyage. Gareth made sure everyone knew that the extra comfy and exquisite bed was his and his alone.

A-dom and Tiger argued a lot about whether they were stopping at the swamp first or the town first. Jade’s Luck and Jahar joined the argument.

Gabe: Are we carrying any perishables?

Ryan: Yes. Fruit.

Gabe: Then we need to go to town first.

Ryan: I throw it overboard.

Eventually Gareth made the executive decision to drop anchor by the swamp and explore there first.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Yeah. This one is a little behind. Between sickness, laziness, and Firefly synopses, I've let the exalted synopsis for the 5/1 session wait until now. I worked on it last night and will work on it tonight. I should have it finished Sunday night.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 5/01/06 session

"Messages to Mom"

Gareth: Okay, A-dom. We’re going to the swamp. Is there anything you want to accomplish there.

A-dom looked confused at this question.

A-dom: To… see what’s there.

Gareth: Okay… Do you have any plans?

A-dom: I think there is an artifact. I’m going with that.

Jahar expressed a desire to sometime check out his father’s manse and make sure his father didn’t catch them all being Solars.

Gareth: Okay, Tiger. Your plan for the city is… to kill people?

Tiger: Well, that’s the end result, yeah. Just how we get there, I’m flexible.

Gareth: I just went out on a limb and figured, since it was Tiger’s plan, it involved killing.

Jahar directed the conversation into a long discussion about killing the people versus taking them over. A-dom ignored him and talked with Gareth and Jade’s Luck about their religion, saying that they should ‘promote :):):):)ing’. He said he could accept the candy part, so long as they got the sex in there. Gareth and A-dom shook on it, deciding the tenants of the religion of the Unconquered Sun were sex and candy. Thankful for Creation, Jahar refused to sanctify this agreement.

They tried to work out mottos for the religion of the Unconquered Sun.

Jade’s Luck: 'Worship the Unconquered Sun! Here’s some candy!' or 'Worship the Unconquered Sun! Go have lots of sex!' Are these really what we wish to say?

Jahar: Hatred. 'Worship the Unconquered Sun! Hate the Dragon-bloods!'

Gareth didn’t like that, since he felt dragon-bloods in and of themselves weren’t bad, they just had incorrect ideas. Jahar corrected himself, saying he meant the immaculate philosophy, not the dragon-bloods.

Ceri: How about something like 'Worship the Unconquered Sun. We are his servants. How may we help you?'

Jahar and Tiger didn’t like that one.

Gareth: 'Worship the Unconquered Sun! Not everybody we’ve helped has died!'

A-dom liked that one, because it was true. Jade’s Luck found it amusing.

A-dom: 'Worship the Unconquered Sun! :):):):) and be happy!'

It was suggested that they actually use the immaculate philosophy that everyone was on the path to enlightenment and to reincarnate as a higher essence being. All they would have to do is say that the Dragons weren’t the top of the chain, the Unconquered Sun was.

The discussion went on for a long time until Gareth curbed it for swamp time. Jade’s Luck left a deck of cards with Fatty and Skelly.

Jahar: (pointing at the swamp) Gareth. What should I wear in that?

Gareth told Jahar to put something sturdier on his feet and bundle up good. After all, it was the month of Air Resplendent, the worst part of winter.

As the group trudged through the partially frozen swamp, A-dom noticed a very old skeleton leaning against a tree. As he approached it, everyone but Gareth noticed the vine covered skeleton rise. A-dom was very surprised to see the skeleton had eyes.

Jahar nodded in greeting to it.

Skeleton: Greetings! Are you headed for the House of Bottles or the Tomb? And please state your exact business, for the record.

A-dom: The TOMB!

Skeleton: And your exact business at the tomb?

A-dom: Ummm… site-seeing.

Jahar: Might I inquire whom you work for?

Skeleton: You might.

A-dom: Wretch?

Skeleton: No. Yew made me.

A-dom: I don’t remember that.

Skeleton: Not you. Yew.

A-dom: The girl?

Skeleton: The necromancer.

A-dom: They didn’t tell me about the necromancer.

Skeleton: Site-seeing?

A-dom: Well, yeah. Cause the swamp was kinda named similar to one of my past lives. So, you know, we thought there might be something cool here. So, if there is a tomb, I want to see the tomb. Maybe I have artifacts waiting for me.

Skeleton: Oh, you want to go rob the tomb.

A-dom: No. If it is my own tomb. Is it the necromancer’s tomb?

Skeleton: No. It’s the Wretched Tomb.

A-dom: But not Wretch’s tomb?

Skeleton: Don’t know. I’m just the guide.

A-dom: What’s your name?

Skeleton: I don’t have one.

A-dom: Can I name you?

Skeleton: No.

A-dom proceeded to start calling the skeleton Viney. Viney very slowly moved off to lead them towards the tomb. Viney couldn’t tell Jahar how many corpses were in the swamp (classified information), but he could tell him to watch out for swamp dragons. Jade’s Luck asked Gareth if she could ride on his shoulders. He didn’t have a problem with that. Jahar asked A-dom if he could ride him. A-dom said no.

A-dom quickly noticed that Viney shuffled in a straight path towards the tomb, ignoring all things that wouldn’t attack him specifically (like swamp dragons). As they traveled further into the swamp, they found more and more very large, dangerous things. Even the black flies and mosquitoes were bigger. Yes, there were lots of flies, even in the dead of winter. The swamp was just that wretched. Jahar didn’t like being in a murky, knee-deep in muck swamp.

While Jade’s Luck made her veil into a mosquito net, Ceri changed into a raven and flew ahead. She could see a large structure covered in snow. She couldn’t really convey this to them, so she just flew on.

Jahar found out that Viney had been around when the swamp was originally a forest. Viney said the swamp just showed up one day.

A-dom: Are you a familiar, Viney?

Skeleton: I’m not familiar with you, no.

Eventually A-dom got bored following such a slow skeleton that he picked Viney up and gave him a piggy-back ride. Viney thought this was very odd, but took to it very quickly. What would have taken two days at Viney’s speed took them a day and a half. A-dom went back to asking Viney if his other self made him and being confused when Viney said Yew made him until Gareth explained that a guy named Yew made Viney. Jahar, and A-dom proceeded repeatedly ask Viney questions that required a grasp of time. Eventually Viney broke down and tried to cry.

Jahar: You know, if we can successfully do this to the people we capture, we’ll break down their will in no time.

Ceri: If you do what we tell you, we’ll shut up!

As they trudged along, the swamp water got consistently colder until they saw a large, squat building up ahead coated in snow and ice and surrounded by a blizzard. The building was about forty feet long, fifty feet tall, and kind of trapezoidal. It looked like the first step of a ziggurat, but without the subsequent steps.

Figuring that this was where more of his ashes were buried, A-dom said that he wanted to gather up all of his ashes into a big pile. The others thought that was a bad idea.

A-dom: I’d call him Dusty.

Tiger: You need to get a better naming system.

A-dom: What’s wrong with my naming system? It’s obvious and fitting!

Gareth: There is nothing wrong with your naming system. Your plan is No! They split you up for a reason. Let’s keep it that way.

A-dom picked up some muck and flung it at the building. It hit the building with a splat, started to slide down, and froze.

Jahar noticed that the building was capping something of great power. Gareth remembered that the door was somewhere on the outer walls and all of the stuff inside was actually under ground.

The group discussed random stuff for a while until Viney started laughing. A-dom marveled at it’s ability to have a sense of humor and have eyes.

Viney: Clearly you are not as good as Yew.

A-dom: I know. I tried to kick my ass, but they wouldn’t let me. And then my god got angry. (pause) Now, let me get this straight. Don’t explode. Yew created you. And then Yew had you in the swamp?

Tiger: No no. Yew completed him.

A-dom: Yew created you. And then Yew had you in the swamp, showing people how to get to one of my tombs? And a manse?

Viney: Well, there’s not much else in the swamp.

A-dom: Why did Yew have you in the swamp, guiding people? Why did Yew want to show people where these places are?

Viney: Cause Yew didn’t want to do it himself? Herself? I’m not really sure.

A-dom got bored and went into the blizzard with Gareth following. Since Jade’s Luck was still on Gareth’s shoulders, she went into the blizzard as well. With the wind whipping about and snow and sleet everywhere, Jade’s Luck quickly became very cold. She quickly wrapped herself in her veil to keep warm. A-dom was a little chilly, but mostly just tried to ignore his teeth chattering. Gareth didn’t see what all the fuss was about. It was just a little inclement weather. Not even that cold. Ceri rather enjoyed the snowflakes and wind, feeling like a gentle breeze to her.

As they gathered near the building, a rain of icicles smashed into the group. All of the Solars but Gareth either evaded or were unaffected by the icicles. Gareth got bruised.. Ceri became a raven-beast and immediately healed from the pummeling. They all dashed to the edge of the building and started chipping away ice from the building. A-dom was most effective with his eight foot long club. It took A-dom about three strikes to scrape off the four foot thick ice.

When another spray of icicles rained down on the party, Gareth was encased in a beam light from the sun. As the golden radiance shined out around him, his armor and sword appeared upon him, glittering. The golden glow faded into his sword as he brought it up to block the incoming icicles. The runes sung like a flute as they were swept through the wind towards the icicles.. It all looked very pretty, but he failed to block the icicles as they smashed into the back of his head.

Gareth: God damn armor! You’re supposed to cushion the blow. What’d I summon you for?

Seeing that he was once again the only one truly damaged, he got even more frustrated and started slashing wildly at the snow and sleet.

Jahar: Gareth calm down. You have armor. You should be fine. Look at me. I don’t have any armor on and I’m fine.

This did not help Gareth calm down.

They could now see the writing on the wall of the tomb. Of course, it was written in Old Realm, so A-dom couldn’t read it.

Please, In this tomb I lay to rest
Realistically, Those that served me best
Arrange, To enter in and take the test
You, May leave now as my guest.

A-dom: What’s it mean?

Ceri: If you back off now, nothing is going to happen.

A-dom: Well, I can turn around and go home, or I can get something shiny.

Jahar: There are more people here than just you, A-dom.

A-dom looked confused at this. Working together rereading the poem and discussing it, they realized that the first word in each sentence spelled out pray.

Gareth: Oh Lord, let us into this tomb, so that we might take this test and find nifty :):):):).

Gareth didn’t get smote, but he got the feeling the Unconquered Sun wasn’t exactly pleased with the prayer. Jahar didn’t do much better with his prayer. Ceri did a much better job with her prayer to Luna.

The wall in front of the group dissolved into a long hallway going down a set of stairs. A-dom shouted with glee and headed down the hallway. Jade’s Luck yelled behind him to look for traps. He started looking for traps about three or four long strides in.

Tiger: Don’t you remember what happened last time you went charging into a tomb?

A-dom: Yeah. I got nifty :):):):)!

Tiger: You almost destroyed everybody, so slow down.

A-dom found the stairs to be trap free and that they ended at a wall. Once everyone was halfway down the hallway, trying to catch up to A-dom, the upper half of the hallway slammed shut and wall in front of A-dom faded away. Jahar muttered a curse in High Realm.

Ahead of him, A-dom saw a large room that was full of empty glasses. The glasses were made out of every color of glass, were every shape and size and they were covering every surface. The floor had a salt layer, with multiple piles on the floor. There were shelves on the walls covered in glasses. There was even a glass chandelier on the ceiling that had glasses on top of it and glasses hanging down from it. A very large, nine foot tall stone statue stood in the center of the room, looking at the group as they finally caught up to A-dom.

Jahar: Good evening.

Statue: Excellent! Fools who think they’re worthy! Any of you cowards actually have the guts to challenge me in single combat?

A-dom: (no pause at all) Yes!

*Paul scratches off ‘A-dom gets a valor roll’ from his notes.*

Statue: Excellent!

A-dom: So, what are you fighting with there, Stony?

*Stony flexes his fists*

A-dom: Aw crap.

Jahar asked what the fight was for and was answered that it was to continue on. When asked about conditions, Stony said that he and A-dom were going to fight. Jahar clarified that it didn’t matter if the glasses got broken, and that they probably would. The group, minus A-dom, put too much thought into the rules of the fight, not understanding that it was a fight to the last standing.

When Jade’s Luck asked another question, A-dom ran past Stony to smack him from behind. Stony smashed A-dom as he went past. A-dom became scarier as a big shark appeared around him. As A-dom smacked the statue with his club, the statue tried to smack A-dom back, but he was blocked by the club. A-dom then stood there as the statue put its fists together and brought them forward to smash A-dom away from him. A-dom flew through several of the bottles, smashing them, before hitting the wall and smashing some more. While watching this, Ceri noticed that the statue got better when the glasses broke, so told A-dom this. A-dom leapt back up, bounced off the wall, and flew through the air towards the statue, club first.

A-dom continued the patter of approaching the statue to attack, standing there, and getting knocked back into some glasses. During this time, Jade’s Luck and Gareth tried collecting glasses into piles, but this met with limited success. A-dom used his bracers to make his voice louder and tried to hit a high note. The note came out as kind of a strangled wail. The statue eventually knocked A-dom unconscious. The statue laughed. It then told everyone to step outside and then come in so the next fool could challenge him.

As expected, the glasses were all repaired when they came back in. Ceri then accepted the statue’s challenge. Once the fight started, everyone but Ceri and the unconscious A-dom went around smashing glasses. Ceri actually did a lot of run by attacks in her beastform. When she actually became damaged enough that she didn’t heal the bruises and cuts immediately, she stood back for a very short while to heal.

Statue: Come on you overgrown peacock, FIGHT ME!

Ceri ignored its taunt.

Ceri: Peacocks are pretty.

The statue was easily defeated in this manner. Two doors appeared on the wall with staircases leading down. Jahar poked and questioned the statue until he noticed Ceri looking around the doorways for magical warnings. Tiger got bored and wandered off down one of the stairways. Gareth tended to A-dom for an hour to try and wake him up. At the end of the hour, A-dom was still very bruised, but conscious, mobile and wanting to explore.

A-dom: We should probably rest for a little while longer. Then we can go and find my artifact.

Tiger found the stairways both led down into a vast catacombs area. He eventually came back to the group to let them know that.

After they had rested for a second hour, A-dom was ready to move on. He wanted to lead on, but Ceri convinced him that they wanted him around for a long time in his leader capacity, so for now he should be second. He bought it. As they argued who should go first, Gareth headed down to the catacombs. As the others followed along, they noticed that all of the biers were empty. Clearly an army wasn’t left here for A-dom. Eventually, Tiger and A-dom noticed a stone cork in the floor that looked a lot like the one from the last tomb. A-dom checked for traps, but thought everything was fine.

Tiger: From now on, you assist me.

A-dom: He hit me in head many times. It’s okay.

A-dom started to run the cork.

*Click*

They all heard a loud thud, but quickly noticed it was Jahar dropping to the floor and not a trap going off. They all searched around for a caste mark button to press. Tiger noticed that there was a pressure plate in one of the biers that needed to be depressed. He put most of his weight on it and it receded into the bottom of the bier, but he could feel it trying to push back up. He called Jahar over to hold it down. After some yelling at him, he sat down on the bier. They quickly set up a pattern of A-dom turning the cork till it clicked, then the others searching for the pressure plate and pressing it down. After everyone but A-dom was holding down a pressure plate and there was a sixth click, Tiger heard all of the traps disarm and told the others they could let go now.

A-dom was staring down a long, dark shaft when they reassembled at the cork. A-dom made his little chant of his stuff being down there. Jade’s Luck told him that he didn’t know it was his tomb.

A-dom: If you can prove that this is someone else’s tomb, then I’ll stop doing my little fit.

Jahar: Can you prove its your tomb?

A-dom: Yes!

Jahar: How?

A-dom sputtered as he tried to figure out how. He looked down the hole and considered leaping head first, but decided against it, since he was fairly injured. Someone noticed that there was writing around the end of the hole in Old Realm.

Here Lies the Ashes of the Wretch of Winter and His Sinister Hand. Do Not Disturb!

No one read it out loud for A-dom. When he asked, Gareth said that it said ‘Do Not Disturb.’

Ceri changed into a raven and flew down. When she was a good chunk down the dark shaft, she heard a disembodied voice.

Disembodied Voice: Please state the names of your maternal bloodline going back 4 generations, quickly.

She cawed back.

Disembodied Voice: What would you really like to say to your Mother?

Again, she cawed back.

When she came back into view of the group, they saw the raven was flapping up the shaft really slowly. When she got back to the top, she changed back into human form.

Ceri: (breathing heavily) No updraft. That’s hard work. (pause to catch breath) There is a square room down there with lots and lots of writing all over. There is also an eyepatch down there on a little pedestal kind of thing with a piece of paper which I couldn’t read because it was all gunky with dust. And there is a large cloak kind of thing down there on a rack, also with a piece of paper that I couldn’t get a chance to read. I would have had to change forms and I wasn’t sure if there were traps down there or not.

She relayed that the shaft was about one hundred and twenty feet long. Tiger climbed down. Hearing Gareth repeatedly telling Jahar to wait for Tiger to get all the way down first, Tiger yelled up that they were all forbidden to climb down.

Ceri: Crap. I forgot to tell him!

Now Tiger heard the disembodied voice.

Disembodied Voice: Please state the names of your maternal bloodline going back 4 generations, quickly.

Tiger: Iselsi Yamah Inea, (three other names listed)

Tiger: (bright and cheerful with a tinge of sarcasm) Hi Mom!

Ceri and Jahar heard him say the name of his mother quietly, but no one heard the second response.

Ceri: You have to state four generations of your maternal bloodline, so if you don’t know that, don’t go down.

Tiger got to the bottom and found the room looked exactly like the one in the other tomb, except for the mannequin with the robe and the pedestal with the eyepatch. It did have another screw thing in the floor. It said over the screw Wretch of Winter’s Ashes, Do Not Disturb!

Jahar started down and, as expected, slipped and fell.

Disembodied Voice: (very quickly) Please state the names of your maternal bloodline going back 4 generations, quickly.

Jahar said a quick jumble of names, but managed to say them all correctly.

The second question stunned Jahar. He muttered a curse of What? in High Realm before smacking into the floor head first. Thankfully, somewhere along the way he had turned himself to stone, so he didn’t take much more than a bruise.

Tiger quickly picked up the pieces of paper before A-dom could come down. Jahar looked at the paper in Tiger’s hands to try and make out the bad handwriting.

Eyepatch note: (very bad handwriting) Property of the next incarnation of the Solar first known as Evening Tide of Autumn. Please inform him of its location and say "You Sir, are a Jerk." For me. - Markus the Mad

Robe note: (even worse handwriting) Robes of Essence Domination Yielding. Worn by the Priestess Necromancer Yew during her Reign of Terror. The Robe chooses its Owner, not the other way around. I really wish that Witch didn't make so many things like this when she was a man. - Sara the Beautiful.

When Jahar finished reading the note, he noticed he was wearing the robe. It was a large, thick, ornate red silk robe with various metal runes (orchalcum, moonsilver, star metal and jade) stitched into it that seem a little more lifelike than they should be. When Tiger saw him in it, the first thing he thought was ‘Oh, he’s a sorcerer. Wait. Why did that thought pop into my head?

A-dom started down and also slipped.

Disembodied Voice: (very quickly) Please state the names of your maternal bloodline going back 4 generations, quickly.

A-dom: Opal of the Seal, Somebody in the volcano, the other one with the thing, and the one with the goiter.

A-dom: Sorry!

As A-dom hit the floor, he saw Jahar wearing the robe and Tiger stuffing something (the notes) into a pouch, and the eyepatch on the pedestal).

A-dom: That’s for me!

Jahar: A-dom, the note says it’s for Evening Tide of Autumn.

A-dom: So? What note?

A-dom picked up the eyepatch and put it on. While doing so, he managed to poke his eye out. Jahar and Tiger saw the blood squirting from his eye socket.

A-dom: Oww! My eye!

Tiger: That’s what you get for being stupid. Clearly everything is not for you!

A-dom ripped the eyepatch off and threw it up the hole. As Gareth, Jade’s Luck and Ceri stood around the hole, they saw an eyepatch fly up. Gareth made a grab for it, but put himself off balance and started to plummet into the hole. Jade’s Luck grabbed Gareth and pulled him so he hit the floor instead of going down the shaft. Ceri grabbed the eyepatch as it floated back down.

Ceri: (looking at the eyepatch and Jade’s Luck) I don’t think I need it. And I don’t think you need it.

Ceri handed the eyepatch to Gareth.

A-dom: Don’t do it! It’s a trap!

Ceri’s Vision of Better Times said:
She remembered Markus the Mad coming in one day, wearing an eyepatch.

Pollus: (concerned) Markus! When did you lose your eye?

Markus the Mad: (flips up eyepatch to reveal his eye) I didn’t. It just looks good.

Pollus: Can I have it when you’re dead?

Markus the Mad: Sure!

They shook and someone’s hand popped up to sanctify the oath.

Markus the Mad: Bastard!

Darius (the one who sanctified the oath) wandered off.

Gareth put on the eyepatch and smiled a cheesy grin.

Gareth: Pretty cunning, don’t ya think?

The dark leather eyepatch had gold studs around the edge and a Orchalcum Eye in the center of the patch. And it did look very good. So good, in fact, that Gareth was much more handsome when wearing it.

Jade’s Luck: Man, you’re pretty!

Paul: No, he’s Manly!

Ceri: I think A-dom was once Marcus the Mad. It was his and you asked him, you were Pollus? You asked him when he lost his eye and he said he didn’t, it just made him look good. And you asked him if you could have it when he was dead and he said sure. And then one of you, I can’t remember which, Darius, whoever was the Eclipse, smacked you and sanctified the oath. So it’s yours, even though A-dom had it.

A-dom: Oww, my eye!

And thus they learned that A-dom lost his eye because he tried to go back on his word. A-dom went over to the screw and opened it. Inside he found ashes drawn out in the shape of a left hand giving the middle finger salute.

A-dom: Stupid other people’s artifacts being in my grave!

Tiger closed up the hole again.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 5/29/06 session

Synopsis for 5/29/06 session

"How to Spot an Anathema"

A-dom and Tiger leapt up and climbed out of the shaft while Jahar flew out to rejoin the others.

A-dom: My eye hurts!

They made there way back up to the statue room, when the statue turned to face them.

Statue: Your personal message to your mother was delivered today and will be delivered to her ears every Mother’s Day, every year. So she will always be reminded of how you truly feel about her.

Jahar was less than pleased by this and made plans to act like he had no clue what his mother was talking about. A-dom just thought it was funny. At least his mother would get an apology once a year, now. Ceri asked the statue if this applied to dead mothers, but the statue didn’t know. Jahar tormented the statue with questions until Gareth told him to stop. Jade’s Luck asked what happened to those who didn’t know their maternal bloodline. The statue said that they’d find out when they left.

A-dom: Gareth! My eye fell out!

Tiger: It didn’t FALL out.

A-dom: Well, uh, your eyepatch did it. You look very good, you know.

Gareth: Yes, it does.

Jahar: A-dom. You have this problem with not listening when someone tells you something and then harming yourself because you didn’t listen to the notes.

A-dom sputtered about there not being any notes, so Jahar handed him the eyepatch note. Of course, since it was written in Old Realm, A-dom couldn’t read it.

A-dom: Is this an artifact?

Jahar: No. It’s the note that says the eyepatch is for Gareth.

A-dom ripped the note up into lots and lots of pieces.

Gareth: It’s going to take a while, but I can fix that.

Tiger: It’s just a piece of paper.

Gareth: I meant his eyeball.

Jade’s Luck remarked on Jahar’s cloak.

Jade’s Luck: Wow. That’s remarkably non-inconspicuous. I suggest you don’t wear that near your family. Ever.

Tiger: I suggest you do.

Ceri briefly explained to A-dom about the eyepatch.

Ceri: When you were Marcus the Mad and Gareth was Pollus, you had this cool eyepatch.

A-dom: That IS my eyepatch!

Ceri: And he said, ‘Well, can I have it when you’re dead?’ And you said ‘sure.’ And then Darius, the guy who was the Eclipse, came up behind you bound the deal. So, now it’s Gareth’s… and you tried to go back on your word.

A-dom smacked Jahar in the back of the head.

A-dom: :):):):)ing Eclipse!

Jahar: What’d I do now?

A-dom: You poked my eye out!

Jahar: I’m not even… I’m not… I don’t think… I wasn’t Darius.

A-dom: You’re the Eclipse. I’m sure you’re Darius!

Gareth: I’m not sure, but I think that’s still Tiger. I’m not sure how that ritual worked. Tiger was either Darius or Marcus the Mad.

Ceri: (to A-dom) Next time if they ask if they can have something when they’re dead, just say no.

A-dom: But it’s fun to taunt them… Now I just have to make sure HE isn’t around.

A-dom: No one can have any of my stuff! (points at Jahar) You zap that, ding-dong.

Ceri: That’s not an actual negotiated agreement, I’m sorry.

Jahar then proceeded to negotiate terms with A-dom, making his head hurt.

Jahar: Do you agree that you don’t want anyone else’s stuff, just your own stuff?

A-dom: (whiney and crying) I want to leave now! I don’t have an eye! I want an eye! It goes here!

Tiger: You have AN eye.

Jahar looked back at the statue and asked if it had a spare eye for A-dom. This flabbergasted the statue. He looked like he wanted to smack Jahar in the back of the head, but Jahar was too far away. Jade’s Luck gave A-dom her water bottle to clean his face with and a hanky. A-dom cleaned up and stuck the hanky in the socket. Jade’s Luck said he could keep the hanky.

Gareth noticed that Ceri looked slightly confused, then very unsure. When asked if she was alright, she replied affirmatively.

A-dom tried to make it look like he had two eyes, but it didn’t work.

A-dom: (to Gareth) Can I have your eyepatch?

Gareth: No. As I said, it’ll take me a while, but I’ll be able to fix it.

A-dom: Before we visit the Bodhisattva?

Gareth: No.

They finished arguing and headed back out into the swamp. It was still crappy and cold outside. Just beyond the snow area they could see Viney standing around.

A-dom: (happy voice) Viney!

Viney: (usual depressed voice) Oh. You got out.

When asked, Viney said he wouldn’t have waited around forever for them and would have known if they weren’t going to get out. He wasn’t informed on what happened to those who didn’t know their bloodline, though. Much to A-dom’s disappointment, Viney brought up A-dom’s missing eye. A-dom asked Viney if he could spare an eye. Viney said no.

A-dom: (to Jahar) So, are we going back to the ship or to the Manse?

Jahar: We’re already here, do we need a ship?

A-dom started crying again. After discussing it with himself, Jahar finally decided to go to the Manse. A-dom told Viney it was time for another piggy-back ride.

When questioned, Viney said he didn’t know how far it was to get to the Manse and he didn’t know if there was anybody at the Manse. He did say that he had shown dragon-bloods to the manse before. The phrase ‘Which part about I don’t understand time didn’t you follow the first time?’ was repeated a lot. The group discussed sneaking into the Manse. Viney asked what their business at the Manse was.

A-dom: Jahar probably wants to look around because I think his father hangs out there. We’re going to visit potential current visitors.

Viney: (sighs) Alright. (yelling) Jahar and company coming to the Manse to visit!

The group heard another skeleton in the distance repeat this message. It continued to be repeated down a line of skeletons. Apparently they always announced visitors to the Manse.

A-dom: So, there is more than one you around here?

Viney: No. There is only one Yew.

A-dom: What was the last announcement that you made?

Viney: That I made or that Yew made?

A-dom almost broke down crying.

A-dom: That Viney made?

Tiger: What was the last announcement that you heard?

Viney: I hate you people.

Ceri: Sometimes, I hate them too.

Viney: The last announcement that I made was some fellow by the name of Pellops was coming to visit. He had a boat.

Viney rode on A-dom’s shoulders as they headed for the Manse. Ceri flew ahead to scout. They avoided swamp dragons. Since they rested, it took them three days to get to the Manse.

When she got close enough, Ceri could see a large, glass building. She later saw that it was actually made out of wine bottles of all shapes, sizes, and colors. There was a large pool of water around it with lots of giant animals around it, drinking.

When she got back, she informed the group of the interesting architecture she found. They stopped to discuss things briefly before moving on. Along the way, Ceri noticed regular sized Grizzly Bear tracks. Jahar didn’t think his father had a bear.
When they got within seeing distance of the Manse, Jahar suggested they find a hiding place to scout the Manse. Looking around, A-dom suggested they park themselves right in front of the door, since they’d never see it coming. They argued about where to hide for a while.

A-dom: I can go in there and look around. If they’re not looking specifically for me or a horribly disfigured creature, we’re okay.

Viney: (yelling) Horribly disfigured creature with one eye thinking about sneaking into the Manse.

They could see as a skeleton by the door leaned in and yelled.

A-dom: Thank you Viney. An big, purple dinosaur with kaleidoscope hair is coming. To the Manse.

Viney: I asked you what your business was.

A-dom: To steal underpants.

Viney: (yelling) Oh, and his name is A-dom.

A-dom: Our friend Lightbringer is coming. He’s coming, but not here yet.

Viney: I only announce those that are here.

Tiger and A-dom discussed breaking Viney. They then heard a sword coming loose, as Viney pulled a rusty, old one from the ground and held it to A-dom’s throat. Ceri, meanwhile, found a secluded spot for the group and ushered them there. Jahar brought up the sneaking in bit again. A-dom offered to have Viney sneak in.

Viney: (yelling) People outside can’t decide what to do!

A-dom and Ceri suggested they just go in while Tiger wandered off.

A-dom: (singing) Viney, Viney, Viney, Yew made him the other day,
Viney, Viney, Viney, I’m going to throw him into a tree.

As Tiger stealthily moved towards the Manse, he saw a man riding out of the Manse on a bear, carrying a polearm. He had vines and leaves all over his armor and corn yellow hair. He set his polearm in the holster in the saddle so that he could pull out his bow and knock an arrow, aimed at Tiger.

Lowger.jpg

Dragon-blood: You boys feel like coming out now? Although you don’t look like a disfigured monster. (pause) Oh. There is the disfigured monster. You all want to come out now?

A-dom wandered out. Jahar stayed behind a tree and began chanting as he prepared to cast a spell. Ceri saw they and cursed not having counter-magic.

Viney: There’s six of them.

A-dom: Viney!

Viney: I’m not on your side!

A-dom: I know that.

As Gareth wandered out, Jahar realized that his spell casting would be very, VERY obvious and stopped. Eventually everyone wandered out. Jahar thought about stuffing his robe into his pack before coming out, but realized this wouldn’t work very well, since it was a great deal larger than his tiny pack. So, he just came out, robes and all.

Dragon-blood: So, you would be Jahar and company?

Jahar: Yes. And you are?

Dragon-blood: Regara Lowger. You look like Inthian.

Jahar: Yes.

Lowger: Your father is not in residence right now.

A-dom: Can we hang out anyway?

Jahar introduced A-dom and described the others as his other servants. Ceri glared daggers at Jahar. Jahar explained that they were there to check on Flatfield and decided to stop by. Lowger didn’t comment on the five day trek into the wretched swamp to ‘pop by.’ When he inquired about a Regara being on Atlantis, Jahar found out that Lowger was a member of his father’s brotherhood. Jahar explained away not knowing about his father’s brotherhood by saying that his father didn’t discuss things at home that would anger his mother.

Lowger: The Brotherhood of Wayward Sons and Wives tends to have that affect on wives.

Eventually Lowger asked them to come in and Jahar accepted.

Lowger: Welcome to the House of a Thousand Empty Bottles.

Hearing the name, Jade’s Luck remembered that Wretch of Winter, Evening Tide of Autumn, and Lightbringer all got drunk for a year and five days. She kept this information to herself for now.

As they passed by the front door, they noticed a sign next to it that was all over covered in vines. Jahar and Jade’s Luck stopped to look at it.

Sign: Welcome Loose Women – Wretch of Winter

Lowger: Follow me. We don’t even know why its there, except that we can’t remove it. It’d cause an explosion.

Jahar complemented the bear and asked what its name was. Lowger said her name was Gerlow. Lowger said Gerlow was protected by his powers from the water outside that made animals large. Jahar asked if anyone else from the Brotherhood was around.

Lowger: No. Pollus is busy with his family. Our other brother is away on the Blessed Isle.

Remembering his father in law, Pollus, he said that that made sense.

Lowger ushered them through a large entryway into a large room with a swimming pool with red liquid.

Jade’s Luck: Is that wine?

Lowger: Yes. And it’s safe to drink. And swim in.

A-dom: Wonderful!

A-dom plunked himself down next to the pool and dunked his entire head in. A few seconds later the handkerchief floated to the surface and away from his body. Jahar grabbed a nearby goblet and dipped it in the pool. When he took a sip, he noticed it was very strong wine. Get Exalted drunk quick strong.

When they noticed Jahar stumble a little in inebriation, Gareth went over and pulled A-dom’s head up. A-dom took a big breath and wine drained out of his eye socket. That looked like it hurt a lot, but A-dom was too drunk to notice. A-dom rolled over to lie down. Jahar tried to help A-dom over to the lounge chairs, but failed miserably.

Lowger: Would you like to inform your father that you are here?

Jahar: We’re not going to be here that long. I wouldn’t want him to go out of his way. We literally were just stopping by on our way to Flatfield.

Lowger shook his head and offered to show Jahar his father’s library. Jahar visibly perked up at this and eagerly followed with Jade’s Luck in tow. The bear flopped down next to the pool and A-dom. A-dom scratched the bear.

The library itself looked fairly expensive. Looking around, Jahar noticed two spellbooks. Jade’s Luck, looking for more historical works, noticed History of Farming on Atlantis and 101 ways to prepare cow. To his knowledge, his father had never officially declared himself a sorcerer, so he found the presence of the two spellbooks out in plain view interesting. After all, to his knowledge, only he and one of his less annoying sisters knew of his father’s abilities. His father had more sense than him, however, since he wasn’t the demon-summoning kind.

Since it would technically be odd to leave this late in the day Jahar invited himself and the others to stay the night.

Lowger said they could stay in the pool area and sent Gerlow out to fetch some dinner. A-dom was mildly sad that his fuzzy pillow left. A very short time later Gerlow returned with a very large dead alligator (three times larger than the bear). Gerlow then went and plopped back down next to A-dom. With permission, Gareth went and skinned the alligator to save the leather. A-dom asked if Gareth could make an eyepatch from it. Gareth nodded.

They dined on alligator steaks and wine and relaxed for a time after.

Lowger: (gesturing to the robes) So, when did you graduate from the Heptagram?

Jahar: Uh, the year 764, I believe.

Lowger: (gesturing to the robes) Nice to see Inthian’s children getting ahead in the world.

Jahar commented on his sisters taking a bit too much after his mother. Jade’s Luck commented on Jahar’s special son. This led to Jahar telling Lowger that his wife was Cynis Jara. After Lowger consulted a book, he looked a little funny at Jahar.

Lowger: So, you married Pollus’s daughter. Doesn’t she take after her mother too?

Jahar: (nodding) It’s not a happy marriage.

Lowger: You might have to join the brotherhood at some point.

Jahar and Lowger talked about Jahar’s mother and father. Lowger commented that Inthian’s wife could have been worse. After all, he could have married Pollus’s wife instead.

A-dom curled up facing the wall so no one would notice his disguise charm dropping when he went to sleep. The night went along uneventfully. Jahar heard Lowger up late making grinding noises (sharpening tools?). Tiger stays awake all night to keep watch. In the morning, Lowger brought some salad type food over to A-dom as a hangover cure. It worked great, but tasted like tree bark. A-dom asked if he had anything that grew back eyes. Lowger showed him a potato. He said that there was a priest in the city a long time ago that could heal, but it cost a lot and you had to attend church a lot. A-dom said it wasn’t worth it. Lowger didn’t remember the priest’s name. Mnemon something or other.

When Jahar asked for directions, Lowger started to think, then said he’d just get one of the skeletons to lead.

Lowger: (walking outside) Bonebrain! One of you, come here! Take these people to the edge of the swamp, near Flatfield.

Bonebrain: This way.

Bonebrain was even slower than Viney, since he was missing a leg. Jahar made A-dom wait till they were out of sight of the Manse before he could pick him up.

A-dom: How long has your leg been like that?

Bonebrain: I don’t understand time very well. When I was still alive.

A-dom offered to fix the leg. Gareth pointed out that that was a bad idea, since its masters would notice his new appendage. Jahar agreed.

Bonebrain: Are you Yew?

A-dom: Of course I’m me.

Bonebrain: That’s not what I asked.

When A-dom answered that he wasn’t Yew, Bonebrain said he didn’t want a new leg.

A-dom: Would you mind if you rode on my shoulders so we could move a little faster?

Bonebrain: But Yew is not here.

A-dom: Bonebrain, would you… crap… Bonebrain. Would Bonebrain mind if you rode on my shoulders

Bonebrain: But Yew is not here!

A-dom bashed his head on a tree.

Ryan: My next character is going to be named Me.

Jahar pondered briefly on Lowger talking to his father, but the group didn’t seem very worried about it. They mostly thought it was an inevitability and would be dealt with later.

Jade’s Luck relayed her vision about finding Lightbringer, Wretch, and Evening Tide after their year long bender. Gareth told her it was all part of a ritual.

Gareth’s vision of better times said:
Gareth remembered waking up, lying next to Lightbringer and Wretch. Looking up, he saw the Priestess standing over him.

Evening Tide: What day is it?

The Priestess rattled off a date.

Evening Tide: Oh. So we’ve only been drunk for twelve hours.

Priestess: No. You’ve been drunk for a year and five days.

Evening Tide: Oh.

Then he leaned his head back and saw a sixty foot tall statue made out of sapphire.

Evening Tide: What the hell is that?

Priestess: You built it!

Gareth relayed that the ritual was to build a rather large sapphire statue. A-dom asked if he build anything. Gareth commented that he probably made the pool. A-dom thought it was the best pool ever. Upon reflection, Gareth actually thought that Ceri had made the pool, since he had been opposed to it for some reason.

Jade’s Luck and Jahar then discussed the cultists and conversion for a very long time. The predominant opinion seemed to be that Tiger shouldn’t kill everyone in town. Tiger eventually decided that he needed to go get the boat and meet the rest of the Circle at the town. Jade’s Luck and Jahar continued to argue about the cultists and mass slaughter of the town, despite the fact that they both had the same opinion on the matter. Gareth did his best to ignore them by striking up a conversation with A-dom about whatever A-dom wanted to talk about (undead, eyepatches, treasure, whatever).

During one of the nights in the swamp, Ceri contacted her mentor via her pendant to tell him about her current problems. First and foremost, she had a problem with the mass slaughter of innocents.

Ceri: Also, I appear to be a big slut.

Dylan didn’t have a problem with the slaughter of the cultists and suggested they arrange for the cultists to go out to the fields and not come back. It wasn’t his preferred way of doing things, but it wasn’t his island. On the topic of her promiscuity, he said that she wasn’t experiencing things in their proper range of time. After all, each of these marriages likely spanned thousands of years.

Ceri: I’m just waiting to find out I’ve been married to everybody. What am I doing? Just going through the Circle?

He then commented that being married to someone was a good way to control them. She relayed about the shard switching and being confused. Dylan told her to stick to the memories for who was who. She decided her marriage to Calibration’s Diplomacy must have been arraigned. Either that or she was insane.

When Tiger got to the ship, both Fatty and Skelly were still there. Fatty informed him that Skelly owed him one hundred jade, since he was very back at twenty-one. Tiger told him good luck in collecting it.

Flatfield was basically the collection point for all of the little farms in the area. The farms were primarily rice farms fed water by the swamp. The town itself was small, home to fifty to sixty people. Jade’s Luck was happy to see the Water Buffalo were normal sized. The town’s primary purpose was for the housing and shipping of rice. A large Immaculate Temple stood at the center point of town. The town had a few shops and two inns. One of the inns was by the seaside part of town and was clearly designed to cater to sailors. The other in was further into town and was clearly designed to cater to farmers that were traveling a long ways. Neither of them were suitable for Jahar’s station, but they figured the sailor inn had a room for captains. Jahar rented out a floor of the inn, making sure he got a nicer room. He was unsure whether to get separate rooms for everyone or make them share, so Gareth made sure he got his own room. Jahar signed in his own name and listed the others as his servants. Once upstairs, Jahar told the others that they were paying for their own rooms. A-dom didn’t like this, but agreed to go along with it. He then hit Jahar up for cash for the room. Jahar then said that he was expecting some unwanted attention from his name being in the guest book, since House Sessus was opposed to House Mnemon.

The first thing Gareth did was go take a bath, since they had all been trudging through a swamp for days. The others followed behind to the communal baths. Jahar decided he wanted a private bath and ordered a bath taken up to his room. Some poor servant had to lug water up three flights of stairs.

When Jahar was just finishing his bath, Mnemon Kirmek, the mayor of the town, came to visit him. Jahar wasn’t sure is Kirmek was dragon-blooded or not. He figured that, if the guy was, he had horrible breeding. When asked what his business was in town, Jahar explained that he was looking to set up a port for his trading company. Kirmek made clear in no uncertain terms that he didn’t want a trading company in town. The Empire didn’t pay much attention to his exports or tax them much and he liked it that way. Kirmek was rather content with his station and the status of the city and didn’t want that to change.

Mnemon Kirmek: We don’t need your kind around here, Sessus.

Jahar asked how many more Mnemons were in town.

Mnemon Kirmek: Would you like to meet them all? There is an alley out back.

Jahar said he wasn’t looking for threats and went on in his usual longwinded way. Kirmek told Jahar that he could feel free to leave whenever he was ready. As Kirmek was leaving, he made the comment that there were services every night after dinner at the temple and that the monks require him to say that. Jahar tried to ask him some more questions, but Kirmek just left. The only thing he got out of the conversation was that Kirmek really, really didn’t like him.

During this time, Jade’s Luck and She-Dom had been wandering around looking for office space. Everyone she talked to said Oh, you’re with that Sessus fellow. That’s too bad. She played up being cute and naïve. Eventually someone explained to her that House Mnemon hated House Sessus and that she wouldn’t be getting any land around there. She cried at them, for the fun of it.

Jahar, Jade’s Luck and A-dom elected to go to church.

A-dom: Ooh, ooh, ooh. Church sounds like FUN!

Jade’s Luck talked Ceri into going, saying it’d be educational. Gareth elected to do something other than church. He wandered over to the blacksmith’s shop and talked shop. The smith was happy to have someone to hang out with. Eventually the blacksmith closed up shop and went home, kicking Gareth out.

The main worship room of the temple was very Spartan. It had no chairs or mats. It didn’t even have flat stones to kneel upon. What it did have was bumpy, uneven cobblestones.

The monks invited everyone to kneel down for services. Jade’s Luck activated Graceful Crane Stance so she could balance on her toes and not kneel. The head monk, who had a completely shaved head and even shaved eyebrows, introduced himself as Brother HollowTree of the Rice Fields. They weren’t sure if he was a wood dragon-blood or not. He had a slight brownish tint to his skin and the name suggested he might be, but he didn’t announce a family name and, like the mayor, he also had poor breeding.

Brother HollowTree: Ah yes. Please kneel down. We have a very special sermon today. All about how to spot the Anathema.

Brother HollowTree pulled out a stone tablet with the Dawn Caste symbol on it and showed it to the audience.

Brother HollowTree: You ever see anyone with this symbol on, they were The Forsaken. The Forsaken wished to destroy all cooperation and all those who wished to follow the path to enlightenment with false promises of personal empowerment. They only wish for you to die alone, as they always do.

Brother HollowTree pulled out a stone tablet with the Zenith Caste symbol on it and showed it to the audience.

Brother HollowTree: This mark is the mark of The Blasphemers who wish to destroy the Immaculate Order and bring worship of their dark, false god.

Brother HollowTree pulled out a stone tablet with the Twilight Caste symbol on it and showed it to the audience.

Brother HollowTree: This is the symbol for The Unclean who sacrificed innocents and their very souls for power to acquire evil artifacts of cursed gold.

Brother HollowTree pulled out a stone tablet with the Night Caste symbol on it and showed it to the audience.

Brother HollowTree: The Wretched murder those who speak out against the Anathema, trying to enforce their twisted, evil rule upon others with both stealth and force.

Dan: He’s a seer!

Brother HollowTree pulled out a stone tablet with the Eclipse Caste symbol on it and showed it to the audience.

Brother HollowTree: The Deceivers used their dark powers to make their mad plans sound reasonable.

Alex: It doesn’t help!

Brother HollowTree: One must never listen to a deceiver. They lie and twist the truths with every breath they take. The only thing you can agree with them is to end their lives with the shining truth of the Immaculate Order upon them that they will surely beg for death when they find them.

Brother HollowTree then led the group in silent meditation for three hours. Jade’s Luck used this time to pray to the Unconquered Sun. She got thwacked with a stick a few times, since she seemed to not be suffering for her worship. Afterwards, Brother HollowTree asked if there were any questions. The group all refrained from asking. Brother HollowTree said that he hoped he would see everyone tomorrow. He also said that tomorrow’s sermon would be about the evils of alcohol and not participating in group barn-raisings.

Once away from the church, Jahar admitted that there was no point in trying to convert the monks and converting the flock wouldn’t be worth it. Jade’s Luck agreed. So, now they were in agreement with Tiger that the monks needed to die. Jahar then commented that he really didn’t like Tiger being right.

The Grumpy Craftsman 2 arrived near the road to Flatfield and set anchor. Tiger made himself look like an Immaculate monk and headed in to town.

Paul: Okay. An Immaculate monk walks into town.

Lori: That sounds like the beginning of a joke.

Paul: It’s a joke where everybody dies! It’s funny to Tiger.

Ryan: And me.

Tiger wandered to the temple entered to find a few people standing around debating. He recognized the three monks from drawings. Tiger introduced himself as Ledaal Janem and asked to stay a while. They made a bed up for him. He found out that Brother HollowTree moved to this parish three or four months ago. He was a ‘happy’ fire and brimstone monk.

Back at the Inn, Gareth dragged She-Dom downstairs to go drinking. She-Dom stole money from the Inn and bought everyone drinks. Gareth managed to make the sailors like him. A number of men tried to pick She-Dom up. She kicked them.

Tiger’s room had a curtain for a door and a nice, straw mat for sleeping. It had a half burnt candle and a desk with a copy of the scriptures. This would have been a good time for slitting some throats, but Tiger wanted to get to know them first. After all, it’s more fun if they like you before you kill them, I guess.

When She-Dom went up to her room for something, Jahar asked if anyone could get him a glass of wine.

She-Dom: No.

Jahar: Can I pay you to? I didn’t say buy it for me.

She-Dom: Now you’re insulting me. I can get my own wine.

Jahar: Can I ask you to bring me back a flask of wine, since I can’t go out?

She-Dom: Steal wine? Why not just pay for it?

She-Dom went downstairs and bought two flasks of wine.

She-Dom: Flask of Wine! Wheee!!

*Glug, Glug, Glug*

She-Dom went back upstairs and gave Jahar the empty flask first. After a few minutes of Jahar glaring and the glaring turning into a lecture, She-Dom gave Jahar the full flask.

The group waited around for Tiger to show up. They talked about getting rid of the cultists. Jahar added the mayor to that list, saying he got to kill him. He cased the mayor’s house. It was a small house across from the temple that had maybe six rooms. He found out that there were about five members of House Mnemon in the area and that the mayor was the only one that could possibly be a dragon-blood.

A-dom: House Mnemon die really easy. You just drop a pillar on them.

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Ao the Overkitty said:
Tiger’s room had a curtain for a door and a nice, straw mat for sleeping. It had a half burnt candle and a desk with a copy of the scriptures. This would have been a good time for slitting some throats, but Tiger wanted to get to know them first. After all, it’s more fun if they like you before you kill them, I guess.

Nope, it's easier to impersonate them after the fact, which makes it easier to cover up.

Remove ads