[Exalted] Solar Circle of the West - whole slew of updates 3/8/09

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 6/12/06 session

Synopsis for 6/12/06 session

"It’s All Skelly’s Fault!"

The Circle continued to wait for Tiger, which was excessively boring.

A-dom: I’m sure Tiger will show up eventually. After he’s done killing everyone.

Tiger should know better than to leave the group with nothing to do. This never leads to anything good.

Jahar continued his plans to figure out how to kill the mayor. But first he wanted to figure out what the mayor was smuggling with the rice. He wandered around town pestering people, trying to get people to talk about the mayors ‘dirty dealings.’ Jahar noticed that some residents of the town tended to follow him around. He also noticed that these people were intimidating those he talked to from afar. Jahar took note of the ones his shadows felt they needed to intimidate more than others, since he felt that meant they’d actually be willing to talk.

Gabe: I, uh, continue to be annoying for a little while.

Ryan: You’re going to stop?

Gabe: Them. Jackass. I’m not as annoying to them as I am to you guys. (pause) So, I wander around for a while to see if I can loose my tail.

Alex: Jahar grew a tail?

Liz: So go in the Wyld again and see if it falls off.

Ryan: It works. Trust me.

Paul: As he subtlety rubs his large fang.

During this time, Gareth went out to see if his ship had arrived yet, but he didn’t see it. A-dom wandered around town for a while before returning to the inn.

During the day at the temple, Tiger joined the brothers in morning exercises. He found the human monks to be very well trained by Brother HollowTree. They even appeared to know a few charms from the Wood style martial arts. Tiger made himself look like he was at about their level of martial arts.

Jahar went back to the Inn and told the others about those following around. A-dom volunteered to follow behind and get rid of them. He even said he’d do it all non-lethal like, for a change of pace. Jahar said he’d like to question these thugs to find out what they knew.

A-dom: Sir, you probably shouldn’t be…

Paul: Wrong game!

A-dom: You probably shouldn’t be there when I konk their heads together. It could probably get messy.

Gareth: A-dom. He’s not actually paying you. You don’t have to call him sir.

Jahar then proceeded to be incomprehensible to the point that A-dom curled up in a ball and cried. Jade’s Luck said that A-dom could just not be A-dom after this happened, to avoid persecution on his part. Jahar emphasized that he didn’t want these men killed.

A-dom: Can I make them ugly?

Jade’s Luck: Sure.

Jahar: How can you make them ugly, A-dom?

A-dom: (giggles happily) How? Magic!

Jahar: Very well, but I don’t want that getting back to my name.

A-dom: So you want me to kill them?

Jahar stated he wanted to proceed with the ‘konking on the head’ plan, not the murder plan. So, A-dom made himself look like a random villager and followed him out a little later.

Gareth went down to the bar to drink while Jade’s Luck chatted up Ceri.

About mid day, a bell tolled at the temple and Brother HollowTree called break and wandered off to the belltower. Tiger tried to be as sneaky as possible to follow him up the tower, but Brother Hollowtree heard him and told him the stairs couldn’t handle two people at once. Having been spotted, he excused himself and went back down.

While Jahar went to annoy some people again, A-dom stood back and observed. He saw that there were three thugs keeping watch over Jahar. Two of the thugs stood closer to Jahar, being rather overt (scowling, sharpening knives, etc). The third thug stood back further and went to talk to the person Jahar talk to afterwards while the other two followed Jahar.

A-dom: Ooh. The leader. Wonderful!

A-dom watched this pattern a couple of times to make sure they always split up. He then went ahead to ambush the two thugs, planning to deal with the leader when he went to catch up. A-dom pulled them into a small alley as they walked past. The two thugs were clearly confused as A-dom made the Ugly Stick appear and smacked them both with it. The two now very injured and horribly ugly thugs ran off screaming. The snaggle-toothed man with a gimp, a bad haircut, and one ear way bigger than the other ran off towards the temple. The man with excessive body hair, nose hair mustache, no ears and no eyebrows, and twin humps on his back hobbled off towards the inn. A-dom then made himself look like somebody else that also wasn’t A-dom and kept an eye out for the leader. When he couldn’t see the leader anywhere, he got worried. A-dom erased himself from existence and followed behind Jahar to look for the leader.

Jahar now forgot he was being followed, so he conducted his usual business. He found out there was nothing illegal going on, besides Farmer George possibly having an opium field out two farms over. They didn’t have room to expand, because of all the rice fields. Jahar eventually headed back to the Inn.

While sitting at the bar, Gareth watched as the ugliest person he had ever seen ran past him.

Excessive Body-Hair Man: Uncle Larry! Uncle Larry! Something happened!

Jade’s Luck and Ceri heard the commotion and came down to the bar. An anathema was quickly blamed for what happened to the man and a small mob formed to take him to the temple. It was questioned, but quickly discarded that the guy had been turned into an anathema, since he didn’t have the mark.

Ryan: Mental note for next time. Dagger.

Paul: Surprised you hadn’t thought of that, since you have met people with bleeding castemarks.

Alex: Just need a stamp. Solar approved! (makes ka-thunk sound of something being stamped)

Ceri and Jade’s Luck followed with the mob as they left. Gareth stuck around the inn to drink.

As Jahar was walking back to the inn, he saw a mob leaving shouting ‘Anathema! Dirty Anathema!’ He also saw the horribly ugly hairy man being dragged towards the temple. Jahar joined the mob.

Back at the temple, Tiger noticed some of the monks talking to a very ugly man. When he went over, he could hear what they were talking about.

Buck-Toothed Man: (horrible lisp) Athema made me fugly.

Tiger: Where did this happen?

Buck-Toothed Man: (horrible lisp) Alleyway.

Tiger: What did it look like?

Buck-Toothed Man: (horrible lisp) I couldn’t see it. Was Anasema. Was insisable.

Tiger proposed it could have been a Wyld patch popping up. This worried the monk that looked it up in a book, since it was possible. The Buck-toothed guy pointed out the alleyway from the door to Tiger, but wouldn’t leave the church. While there, they saw the mob coming with the hairy man. Tiger went to go get Brother HollowTree and tell him what was going on. He found HollowTree coming down the stairs, having seen the commotion from above. Once informed, Hollowtree whispered something. Tiger didn’t catch everything he said, but he did hear the words ‘Help’ and “Anathema.’ He was pretty sure Brother Hollowtree just used an Air charm to send a message.

A-dom watched the mob go passed and was pleased. He didn’t like that he still hadn’t seen the leader, though. He followed/joined the guy, looking for the guy.

Ryan: I should just stay home on Mondays, cause I can’t seem to do anything right.

Paul: Sure you do. You advance the plot.

Ryan: Yeah, I could advance the plot really easily by jumping up and down and shouting ‘Look at me! I’m an Anathema!’

Liz: I’ve contemplated that a couple of times, actually.

Ryan: I need an obvious ‘fly away’ charm.

Paul: It’s in Athletics.

Brother HollowTree ushered the mob inside and closed the doors to protect people from the Anathema problem. Brother HollowTree told the crowd to calm down and that he had called in help.

Not A-dom: Yeah!

Tiger: (hiding in the crowd) How long will it take them to get here?

Brother HollowTree said they were all going to stay in the church together. He said the brothers would protect them until the Brotherhood of Horses Irrevocably Cleansing Anathema arrived.

Looking around the temple, Jade’s Luck, Ceri, and Jahar could each see each other, figuring Tiger and Gareth were absent. Jade’s Luck missed She-dom and wished she was there. Not A-dom saw the three of them, noting Tiger and Gareth were absent. Tiger could pick the three of them out of the crowd, noting that Gareth wasn’t there.

Ceri knew exactly where one guy in the room was, but didn’t know why. She knew he was connected to this guy via her Eternal Vow, so there must be another Solar in the temple that she didn’t know. She also knew that the entire town was looking for an Anathema.

Back at the Inn, Gareth continued drinking. Since he was bored, he worked on fixing up the Inn a little.

Tiger snuck down into the basement and found the cellar door out. About this time Tiger realized that he waited too long to contact the party.

Jade’s Luck tried to start some murmuring about the temple ceiling falling down. She failed to excite the crowd over Brother HollowTree’s calming words. Jahar tried to help her, but failed miserably. They both got a warning.

It took Tiger slightly longer than it should have to find Gareth, since he went to the wrong Inn first. He found Gareth drinking a mug of ale while fixing the stairs.

Tiger: Um, Gareth? The whole town is in the temple, and-

Gareth: (cutting him off) Who are you?

Tiger: I’m Tiger.

Gareth didn’t look like he believed him, since he didn’t look like him and was completely bald. When Tiger pulled out Diplomacy, he believed him. Gareth’s first question was where his boat was. Tiger filled Gareth in on the situation.

Gareth: Right! Time to leave, now.

Tiger: We need to create a distraction so we can get people out of the Temple so I can slaughter the dragon-blood and his cronies.

Tiger explained that he needed a lot of noise and shouting to drag the dragon-blood out. Maybe knocking over some buildings.

Tiger: He just needs some help along the way. If all else fails, maybe he’ll get a sword in the back.

Gareth said he’d see what he could do. He then waited around for a half an hour drinking so Tiger could sneak back in. He then brought is sword and armor out of Elsewhere and strapped on his armor the slow way. Some random farmer wandered into the bar during this time. Gareth knocked him out and then poured some beer in and on his mouth to discredit him. He also patched him up to make sure he would be okay.

Jahar wanted to go exploring, but he had a monk watching him closely now to make sure he didn’t start a riot. Jahar decided to bug the mayor instead.

Gareth wandered over to the other Inn and activated his sword to start taking it down. He did a good job of making lots of noise as the Inn blew apart spectacularly.

Gareth: RARRR!!!

Inside the Temple, Jade’s Luck started flipping out. She succeeded in making everyone step away from her and the monks feel she was panicking and needed to be knocked out. Tiger did a very bad job of convincing HollowTree someone needed to go out to take care of the problem.

Outside, Gareth looked around for something else to knock down. He didn’t want to take out personal dwellings or the Blacksmith’s shop, so headed for the Rice Silo.

Jahar noticed the strange monk talking to HollowTree was wearing Diplomacy, so went over to try and help.

Ceri, meanwhile, started a whispering campaign to sow decent with the populace about the cowardly dragon-bloods. Ceri was much more successful.

After Gareth made less spectacular work of the Rice Silo, he headed for the mayor’s house.

Jade’s Luck eventually ‘calmed down.’ A little old lady got her to lay down and put a wet cloth over her head, saying soothing words. She gave Luck a minty type root to chew. She wasn’t sure what it was, since she lost her medical knowledge when the Yozi changed creation, so just pretended to chew it.

Gabe: Is the Circle’s name the Circle of Once Medically Endowed Solars?

Paul: No. Doesn’t spell anything interesting.

*Gabe works out the anagram for Jara’s brotherhood*

Gabe: B.O.H.I.C.A.?

Paul: It’s a engineering acronym. Bend Over. Here It Comes Again.

As he headed for the mayor’s house, he thought he heard a strange noise. Looking around, he thought he saw what looked like black rain falling off in the fields to the east of town. He then saw a black cylinder rise up from the ground near there and rain down. As another one went up, it looked like they were covering fields. Gareth stood confused as he saw more cylinders. He then quickly headed for the mayor’s house. He was very efficient in his destruction and noise of that house. He then heard more cylinders go off, so turned off his sword and went to back to the standing Inn.

The loud explosion across the street from the temple finally helped Tiger convince Brother HollowTree to send Tiger and Brother LeaningTree out to investigate and report back. Jahar went with, because he could. Once they got over to the inn, LeaningTree stood around confused.

LeaningTree: I don’t know what the hell did this!

Jahar and Tiger both heard the funnels and looked. To Jahar, it looked like someone was setting off lots of Death of Obsidian Butterflies.

Alex: It’s all Skelly’s doing.

Ryan: He is the mastermind, after all.

Back on the boat, Skelly raised his arms as if to say, What’d I do?

No longer being actively watched, Jade’s Luck quietly made her way over towards Ceri.

Looking out at the field, Jahar thought he saw a black, clay pot about one hundred feet away, out in the fields.

LeaningTree: Cows! Maybe beavers. Anathema beavers did this!

LeaningTree picked up a mug to look at it.

Once Jahar pointed out the pot to Tiger, Tiger got LeaningTree’s attention and asked him about the pot. LeaningTree wandered over to the pot.

LeaningTree: Wow. Looks like a pot with runes on it. I wonder what is inside.

One funnel later, LeaningTree was blasted into the air and landed all around that field. Jahar and Tiger headed back towards the temple to tell HollowTree that the Anathema. Tiger noticed that the butterflies falling were setting off other pots and pointed this out to Jahar. Jahar decided he wanted to go collect a pot instead.

Tiger went to the Inn to go find Gareth again. Gareth was sitting there in her armor, having a beer. He explained the pots had circled the city and were working their way towards the city. As Tiger and Gareth walked out, they could see Jahar walking up carrying a pot gingerly. Its lid wasn’t well sealed, so he held it while leaning back.

Gareth: You’re not taking that into the Inn.

Jahar: I just need some rope to tie the lid down.

Gareth: You’re going to destroy the inn with that thing.

Jahar: I want to know how they did this. I want to make one.

*Gareth smacks his own forehead*

Gareth: Put it down now. We need to stop the fields from being fully covered in obsidian.

Gareth monkey leapt over towards the section of the unexploded fields while Tiger headed back to the Temple. Jahar ignored Gareth and took the pot inside the Inn. He brought it up to his room and tied the lid shut, putting it next to his stuff. He then wandered over towards the mayor’s house to see what he could steal from it.

Getting over to the fields, Gareth found two pots right away. He picked them both up and gingerly moved towards the already exploded area to set up a firebreak. Gareth jostled one of the pots just enough to make it go off. He quickly aimed it down to minimize the damage. A few seconds later he was standing on a mountain of obsidian with mildly chapped legs and an unexploded pot. He stood there a little dumbfounded.

Tiger ducked back into the temple and told them that the Anathema had gotten Brother LeaningTree and they needed reinforcements. He managed to get HollowTree to leave the remaining two monks to guard and come out with him.

Looking around, Not A-dom decided to try something and wandered up to Jade’s Luck.

Not A-dom: You don’t know me, but I’m going to try and help.

Ceri knew this man used to be Marcus the Mad, but that left her confused, so she missed the next little bit of conversation as she tried to work it out.

Jade’s Luck: That’s.. nice…

Not A-dom: I’m a friend of US too.

Jade’s Luck: I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Not A-dom: You know. Big guy. Encased in soulsteel.

Jade’s Luck: (louder) I have no idea what you’re talking about!

Not A-dom: (grumbles) oh, alright. whatever. Do me a favor. Open the door and stand away from the door.

Jade’s Luck: (louder) Oh my. I think you must be an anathema to make a suggestion like that.

Everyone in the room turned to look at Jade’s Luck and Not A-dom.

Jade’s Luck: (loud and pointing at Not A-dom) He tried to tempt me!

Not A-dom: :):):):)! You :):):):)ing Jezebel!

Jade’s Luck: (loud and pointing at Not A-dom) He told me he was my friend! And then he told me I should open the doors!

Monk: (pointing at Not A-dom) Deceiver!

A-dom noticed his forehead was glowing and he knew he didn’t do that. Jade’s Luck noticed that A-dom now had a caste mark on his forehead that looked like an Eclipse. Ceri noticed that it looked like it was incorrectly drawn, like the one they had seen at the service the previous day.

The mayor started casting a spell as A-dom moved to the center of the room.

Jade’s Luck: No! Anathema!

Outside, Tiger and HollowTree ran towards where Gareth was. Tiger heard Anathema being yelled inside the Temple. HollowTree didn’t seem to notice, though.

Tiger: (yelling) There he is!

Turning, Gareth noticed the guy he thought was Tiger and someone else in monk robes running towards him. He cackled maniacally from atop his hill.

Back inside the Temple, Jade’s Luck started heading towards the door.

Not A-dom: (pointing at Jade’s Luck) You :):):):)ed up my whole plan!

Jade’s Luck: I stopped an Anathema? I’m glad!

Not A-dom: You brain-dead, :):):):)ing… ARRGHH!!!

Alex: Never approach her.

Ryan: No. No.

Alex: You should have learned this by now.

Gabe: Why did she do that?

Ryan: Because she wants to be anchored to a large, large, large, large stone and pushed over into the water.

*Liz giggles a lot*

Liz: You didn’t say anything like ‘I take her aside’ or I whisper to her.

Ryan: Yes! That’s right! I should be punished for this. Thank you!

*Liz giggles some more*

Not A-dom moved over to the wall and punched a hole in it. He became all glowy and now had two caste marks (his normal Dawn one and the false Eclipse one).

Outside, Tiger heard the sound of breaking building and started to fall behind Brother HollowTree. Thankfully, Brother HollowTree was focused on the clear and present Anathema. He really didn’t see it coming as Tiger stabbed him repeatedly with Diplomacy.

As Brother HollowTree dropped to the ground, dying, Gareth sent his sword and armor to ElseWhere and got down off of his mountain.

A large group of mortals were trying to get out the large, front doors and a smaller group was trying to get out the small, back door. Unfortunately, it was hard for anyone to get the latch working in a panicked mob and those that were trying were getting crushed.

Not A-dom: That’s right. They don’t need to have a convenient exit. They can crush each other to death. I’m happy with that too! Cause that’s not my fault.

Ceri recognized that the mayor was casting Death of Obsidian Butterflies. Jade’s Luck thought he was casting a combat spell, and that’s the only one she’d seen. As Ceri popped claws on her hand to deal with the mayor, Jade’s Luck activated Graceful Crane Stance, jumped up and ran on people’s heads to the front doors. She then punched the latch, breaking it and allowing the doors to swing open.

Ceri slashed him with her claws, but he continued casting. Not A-dom ran over, producing the Ugly Stick, and brought it down at the mayor’s head. Unfortunately, he misjudged distances and clubbed the floor instead.

As the mayor’s spell went off, the chunk of mortals by the front door had escaped, as had Jade’s Luck. The butterflies tore through Ceri, Not A-dom, the chunk of mortals by the back door and the back door.

As Jade’s Luck saw the rubble of the Mayor’s House, the group all remembered who A-dom was. Jade’s Luck had the feeling she was going to need a very big muffin basket for this one.

Tiger saw the back of the Temple blasted out by butterflies and ran back towards there.

Inside, Ceri switched to hybrid form and sliced the mayor nicely.

Paul: Okay, A-dom. There is a bird woman and Mr. Justshotyouwithdeathofobsidianbutterflies.

Ryan: Well, I’ll deal with the bird woman after I kill him.

Lori: The bird woman hasn’t done anything to you.

A-dom: (to the mayor) You have angered a child of the dawn. This doesn’t end well.

A-dom raised the Ugly Stick and brought it down on the mayor, imbedding him into the floor and making a nice blood smear. He then turned towards the front door of the temple.

A-dom: What the :):):):)?!

Jade’s Luck saw a monk carrying a bloody sword, yelling for people to run the other way because there was an Anathema behind him and to avoid the pots. As A-dom looked out the door, he heard and saw this as well as the butterfly funnels, that were no longer that far from town.

A-dom: :):):):)ing butterflies everywhere!

Jade’s Luck turned around and saw the funnels as well. She and A-dom both saw that the people were now all heading towards the clear (read as yet unexploded) fields. She activated Terrifying Apparition of Glory and frightened the people away from the fields. The hoard of mortals split up with one group heading for the port and the other heading for the remaining Inn.

A-dom ran/leapt out to the fields and started chucking pots into the exploded fields. Tiger started tipping pots over so they were exploding towards the exploded fields, so they only lost half a field instead of all of it. Jade’s Luck followed joined Tiger in tipping.

Having left the mayor’s house before the mortals escaped the temple, Jahar slowly made his way to back to the inn. By the time he got there, he could hear lots of people cowering inside. Jahar stood outside, hesitant about going in. He wandered around the door, looking in at all the townsfolk. He wasn’t sure he wanted to deal with them right now. Then he heard a loud popping noise and the smashing of wood coming from the back of the inn. Running around to look at the damage, it looked like the pot he left there took out the entire third floor and half of the second floor. It also looked like it took out several mortals.

Once the pots were dealt with, everyone but Jahar met up and headed for the Inn. Even Gareth could see the carnage. Then they saw Jahar exiting the inn with a couple of buckets, looking for water. Ceri headed straight in to the inn to take care of the wounded.

Jahar: Gareth, do you have any idea what to do here?

Jade’s Luck: Jahar, what did you do?

Jahar: I did not do that.

Gareth: (exasperated tone) Yes. Yes you did.

*Jahar points at the townsfolk*

Tiger: The ship is parked up the coast a little ways. I think some people need to leave now.

A-dom explained about the leader thug to the others. When he found he couldn’t really describe the guy beyond perfectly normal, A-dom cursed. Jade’s Luck postulated that it was one of the star guys that are hard to find, but A-dom couldn’t confirm that. It was decided that everyone but Ceri and Tiger needed to flee town and go to the boat. Jahar stuck around long enough to find George, one of the townsfolk that didn’t hate him, and talk to him about setting George up nicely. He tried to get George to become a sailor in his mercantile company, but he wouldn’t budge.

While Tiger talked to people, he found no one could really describe the guy, but that he lived at the temple. After spending three hours searching the temple, he found a loose stone at the bottom of the bell tower. Behind the stone was a long, vertical earthen shaft with no light, ladder, or handholds. He went off to find A-dom, but remembered that he went to the boat. So, Tiger went and explained things to Ceri, including whom he was and dragged her off to check out the hole.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis for 6/19/06

Synopsis for 6/19/06
"Thugs are not innocent mortals"
Subtitles: "I'll make them out of Twigs!", "Yes, it’s good to flee the scene of the crime." and "Maybe... we should just summon a Demon."
Write up by AlwaysToast

Tiger gets Ceri to go with him “So I don’t have to fight the mysterious Exalt all by myself.” They go down the 100 ft vertical shaft in the bottom of the bell tower. Ceri flying, and Tiger climbing down. At the bottom they find a tunnel shaft going off horizontally. It’s molded out of the earth, in an archway shape. With around 6 to 7ft ceilings. This cave system looks rather familiar to Tiger.

They come to a large room full of mushrooms, which looks even more familiar to Tiger. Tiger points out that the mushrooms are poisonous, which Ceri already knew. So they moved through the room very slowly, then continued along down the tunnel.

Unfortunately Tiger did not remember what happened next when he was in the similar tunnel. So they set off a rock fall trap. They both raced forward in order to not be crushed. Then Tiger remembered that the entire cave complex eventually collapsed. So they decided to clear enough rocks out, just enough so they could scramble past. Which took them about twenty minutes.

They then came to a door at the end of the corridor. Which also looked familiar, but was open. They went through and investigated the rooms beyond. The area was lived in, but had very recently been cleared out. They found evidence of an average man living there, in a workshop out of black clay. They also found a room with a demon summoning circle in it (which was not identical to last time), but the archway had glowing runes around the archway, which looked exceptionally familiar to Tiger. Ceri was able to determine that the archway had some kind of heat and rather painful spell upon it. Tiger explained A-Dom and the boiling blood incident.

They decided to not mess with the archway. They decided the best thing to do with this complex was to block it off, in multiple locations, to avoid any random locals from finding or using it. So they wandered out, and blocked the tunnel entirely at the area with the rock fall, went past the mushrooms again, and then put the cover back on the tunnel, so hopefully no one will find it.

Ceri: So you know what kind of Exalt he was?

Tiger: Well he’s a short tall guy, who’s kind of skinny-fat, and very average looking.

Ceri: So he has charms to blend in-able?

Tiger: I have no idea.

Ceri: Ok, lets go back to the ship.

Back at the ship.

A-Dom (to Jade’s Luck): You know it’s no good yelling at you, because you won’t remember it when I need you to.

A-Dom then summarized (for Gareth) what happened in the Temple when he tried to talk to Jade’s Luck, and she pointed him out as an Anathema.

Gareth (to Jade’s Luck): When is it a good time to shout Anathema?

Jade’s Luck: When a lot of Immaculate Monks are already suspicious of you? Especially when some stranger is trying to entrap you into heresy.

Jahar: I should note I was not involved in this...

Then A-Dom and Jade’s Luck describe the Eclipse caste mark appearing on A-Dom’s forehead (for which their stories actually matched).

Gareth (to Jade’s Luck): Never shout Anathema. (Pause) Never. (Long pause) It never goes well.

Jade’s Luck: We’ll I’ve learned that now.

Gareth (Slow and instructional voice): Shouting Demon! OK. Shouting Anathema, BAD. (Pause) Demons are easy to notice.

Jahar (talking to himself): Technically demons aren’t that noticeable.

Jade’s Luck starts giving her story about the strange man (Not A-Dom) who came up and started talking to her. Trying to explain her actions.

Jade’s Luck: We need to have him (A-Dom) figure out some way... to...

Gareth goes into the cabin and gets a piece of parchment to write on. Jahar apparently wanders up behind him to rudely read over his shoulder.

Gareth’s Note:
This person is Gareth’s Friend. Trust him Jade’s Luck. Do not shout Anathema. You will regret it if you do. -Gareth.

Gareth’s hands the note to A-Dom.

Jahar: That would be a very bad paper to have in existence. We can’t erase you (Gareth). I know you can erase you (A-Dom), but that paper references Gareth and Jade’s Luck and Anathema in a very familiar manner. I understand what you are trying to do. But that paper’s a risk. A-Dom you have to give that paper back.

A-Dom looks very unsure of this.

Jahar (very slow): You have to give that paper back and we’ll give you a new one. Do you agree?

A-Dom: I refuse to answer that question.

Jahar: We’ll give you a better note, if first you give that note back. Do you agree?

A-Dom: I’m not going to answer that question.

Jahar: Why won’t you give the note back?

A-Dom: Because I’m going to get screwed. What are you going to put on the second one?

Gareth: Umm...

Jade’s Luck: This person is my trusted friend. -Gareth. Short simple and to the point. And a lot less with the anathema. It’s still bad if someone else gets a hold of it, because you’re not going to remember writing the note for A-Dom. I’m going on what happened last time with the muffins.

Tiger comes up with the idea of making identifying necklaces for the group, so people will know to trust A-Dom the next time no one can remember him. Gareth starts babbling about alligator leather key chains. They decide a nice G would be the best symbol.

The group then starts talking about taking over areas.

Gareth: (to Jahar): Step 1: Take out your mother. Step 2: Take over Atlantis.

Jahar: No... Step 1: Build a power base. Step 2: Defeat the army. Step 3: Take over island. My mother is a floating step because she’ll get in the way somehow.

A-Dom: Step 1: Pull plug. Step 2: Watch Atlantis Sink.

Jade’s Luck (angry): Hey!

A-Dom: Step 3: Clean up bodies. Step 4: Raise it back up.

Tiger and Ceri get back to the ship. Tiger explains what happened (Just re-read the first section again).

Jahar: Do you think it was the same one?

Tiger: Pretty likely. He had the shaft, and the mushrooms, and the rock, and the room, and the other room...

Jade’s Luck: You know what we might want to do... I think there is a 4th side. You know how there are those “other Exalted” that have been mentioned by Opec, and other Opec, and a bunch of other people have referred to as the quiet ones, or “we don’t remember anything about them.”

Group: Yes.

Jade’s Luck: Yea, so we should find them and kick their asses.

Jahar: We need to figure out what he’s trying to do. He’s hindered Us, he’s hindered a Death Lord, and he’s hindered the Realm. What is he up to?

Gareth: He wasn’t disturbing the Realm. He was disturbing Skullstone.

A-Dom: Well their was an attack on the Death Lords.

Gareth: No, he was just messing with their operation.

Jade’s Luck: And his ability to raise a well armed army.

A-Dom: Well the Realm already has the army, and the weapons. But if they don’t have the food for the army. The army isn’t very effective.

Jahar: So in my opinion they are going against the Dragon Bloods.

Alex: We are already sailing btw.

Paul: Yes, it’s good to flee the scene of the crime.

A-Dom and Tiger discuss flaming skeletons. Which is mostly “Not with Skelly” and “but then we’ll see how it works” repeated.

Group sails back to the City of Atlantis. During the sail most of the group does some training.

When the group is approaching the City of Atlantis, Tiger notices his Mentor standing on top of a building looking out to sea. His mentor did some very broad pantomiming which got across these ideas: Great Danger. Need to talk to you, alone.

Jahar notices a man riding a bear on one end of the docks and on the side of the docks Jara and the Brotherhood of Horses Irrevocably Cleansing Anathema on their horses. Jahar points this out to the group.

Gareth: To Hoen-ba!

Tiger: A-Dom! We finally have justification for taking out the city.

A-Dom: We needed justification?

Tiger: So the rest of the circle will say it’s OK.

A-Dom: Now that would be great.

Jade’s Luck and Ceri: We have no problem as long as you are not killing innocent civilians.

Jahar (about his wife and her Brotherhood): How could they possibly know?

So once out of view of the city, Tiger dived off the boat and swam back to Atlantis, while Gareth’s sailed on to Hoen-ba.

Tiger and his mentor have a meeting on the top of a building.

Mentor: So I take it exciting things have been happening?

Tiger: Yea, like anathema attacks and...

Mentor: You know that’s not very good for you and your friends right?

Tiger: Yea, things went poorly when I wasn’t around.

Mentor: Well a brotherhood of Anathema slaying Dragon Bloods went to Flatfield and did some basic investigation with charms and found some interesting things out. Including the “out-of-towners” who fled immediately afterwards. So Mr. Jahar appears to be guilty, or at least cowardly. Someone was described, and matches the description of one of his business associates, was described as a demon... small girl.

Tiger: I suppose we’re being blamed for destroying half the town?

Mentor: Technically they are only wanted for “questioning.” Oh, and Jahar’s father and some of his friends have been looking for you since before that happened.

Tiger explains the similarities between the tunnel found in Onyx and the one in Flatfield to his Mentor.

Mentor: It strongly appears he has framed some of you for being Anathema. As it’s easier to frame guilty people. While I don’t think the situation is completely irresolvable. I don’t think you want to sail directly into the harbor the next time you come back.

Tiger: Would being away for a while help?

Mentor: Well if you’re going to try to cover this up, some sort of... amazing explanation would help. But you will have to fabricate that yourself.

Gabe and Ryan get into the same argument about who’s fault this is again.

Mentor: That’s all the information I can provide you with.

Tiger and his Mentor then discuss the various Dragon Blood Brotherhood that are after the Circle.

Tiger stole a small boat and sailed back to Hoen-Ba island. Tiger explains that they are all screwed.

Jahar: A-Dom you had to cause a situation!

A-Dom: What?

Jahar: You had to go and make them ugly instead of just knocking them out.

A-Dom: Why couldn’t I just kill them?

Jahar: We wanted them unconscious.

A-Dom: I think that’s where the mental block came from.

Jahar: Why would we want to kill random mortals?

A-Dom: They were not random mortals. They are evil mortals, I can kill them.

Jade’s Luck: Next time, hit them with your fist. Then whether they die or not is up to the Unconquered Sun.

Tiger: It’s already done with.

Jahar: We have to go over this for the next time.

A-Dom: You’re making a big thing out of this. Hey, your Mentor is OK with all this?

Tiger: What?

A-Dom: Him knowing you are an Anathema?

Tiger: Because he didn’t know already?

A-Dom: How did you tell him, and how did he not kill you?

Jade’s Luck: Maybe he likes Anathema?

Tiger (to A-Dom): You don’t have a Mentor. Do you?

A-Dom: Nooooo...

Tiger: You know all that nifty stuff I do? Who do you think taught me?

A-Dom (very confused): How? (Pause) What? (Long pause) Umm... (Long pause) Fine. Whatever.

Gareth (to A-Dom): You’re skelly’s mentor just like he’s your mentor.

A-Dom: Who?

Tiger: The guy who gave you the book?

Jade’s Luck: The Silver Prince.

A-Dom: Who? Skelly! Punch that wood really fast! (Skelly looks confused)

Jahar: In the future we need you to not do that.

Ceri: I know it’s fun to make them ugly.

A-Dom (very happy): Yes, yes it is. It actually is.

Ceri: Try to not have your fun in public.

Jahar: (Rambles incoherently for a few minutes.)

A-Dom: Why? WHY was I NOT killing them?

Jahar: Because they are just innocent mortals!

A-Dom: Noooooooooo! Thugs are not “innocent mortals.” I was a thug, I know better.

Tiger: Are we really going back to this?

Jahar: What?

A-Dom: Yea, exactly. Thank you.

Jade’s Luck: Here is a question, A-Dom: When you were a mortal, were you an innocent mortal?

A-Dom: Oh :):):):) no.

Jade’s Luck: Would you have liked it if some exalt came along and beat you up and killed you? And these mortals, the ones you uglied, they were like you?

A-Dom: Yes.

Tiger: Well after they got hit with the ugly stick they were like you.

Jade’s Luck: I’m talking about temperament and being. That’s what I’m going for.

Jahar: Deaths in a tiny village would have been a big thing.

A-Dom: I would have hid the bodies.

The group then explains to Ceri that the only thing that upsets people on Hoen-ba is proselytizing.

Most of the group decided to go talk to Hoen-ba-ba-den. A-Dom realizing he is close to Opec Island, so he could go get “his ride.” So A-Dom just started swimming. A-Dom refused to explain “his ride” to anyone.

The group started discussing what to do now. Gareth pointed out that he was going to go to Skullstone, to fulfill the rest of his contract. Jahar pointed out that he wanted to go to Opec Island first.

The group then got into a discussion about where the “Big” boats were parked. Specifically the Grumpy Craftsman II. The answer (that was decided upon) was, at Opec Island, one at the dock in Atlantis, and the rest of them were currently traveling as part of Jahar’s trade company (Skullstone, Abalon, and Local routes).

Liz: We have too many :):):):)ing boats.

Gareth (to Jahar): How the hell did you get another boat?

Jahar: I bought it! I got sick of you lording it over me.

Alex: Is it at least crappier then my boats?

Paul: Of course it is.

Gareth wanted to go back to Atlantis, to “tie up loose ends” before going off to Skullstone.

So the next day they sailed over to Opec island. Except Tiger, who stayed on Hoen-Ba. The Ex-Pirate, and surviving old Crew were happy to see the circle return, and informed them they had been sitting around for over a month, playing cards, and none of them had been harmed, eaten by demons, etc. They were all quite happy.

The group starts discussing what to do in relation to the Dragon Bloods.

Gareth: I say we “kind of” hang Jahar out to dry.

Jahar: All my backgrounds, influences, resources, you shouldn’t hang me out to dry.

Gareth: Yea, it was just your bad idea.

Jahar: But what do we get out of that?

Jade’s Luck: Do they have physical evidence?

Jahar: The Dragon Blood who investigated probably had charms.

Jade’s Luck: So it’s physical in that we have to kill off that Dragon Blood?

Group: Yea pretty much.

Gabe: I’m starting to look for the time requirements for mass demon summoning.

Jade’s Luck (to Jahar): Is there any way we can distract or lure off your wife so we can “deal” with her?

Tiger: Off her!

Jahar then explains that if BOHICA finds out his father’s group is looking for them, and that BOHICA would probably become competitive if they were to find this out.

Jade’s Luck: Maybe Tiger or A-Dom could plant some kind of evidence, that would lead them away from us.

Tiger: You mean like having me “pretend” to be an Anathema going on a wild rampage through the city?

Gareth: You know that worked last time.

Jade’s Luck: You know I actually have family on that island that I want to live.

Dan: We have other islands we can move them to.

A-Dom (high feminine voice): Wah, waaaah, wah, waaaaah, Waah...

Jahar (to A-Dom): I don’t understand why you want to get rid of this island. It would make an excellent power base. Kill the army, take over the island. We’re done.

A-Dom: Done?

Jahar: Two years ago you would have said “Make this person ugly” and you’re done. But you do now.

A-Dom (completely confused): What? Hun? WHAT?!?

Lori: Soon I’ll be able to buy “Jahar” as a language. It will allow me to speak to him and understand him clearly.

Gabe: yea, but you only get half of that language per dot of Linguistics.

A-Dom: I want a divorce. I’m going to form my own circle. I’ll make them out of twigs.

Ceri (looking at A-Dom): Me too. But I think it’s too late.

A-Dom (to Ceri): What? I’m married to you?

Ceri (changing the subject): You’re married to the circle, it’s too late.

Everyone looks mildly confused. Gareth is even more confused because he is using Judge’s Ear.

Alex: I need Judges Ear to be on all the time. I’m serious.

The group then has another long argument about how to take over the island, using demons, but without killing any mortals. Which completely confused A-Dom.

Tiger alone on Hoen-Ba, is awakened in the middle of the night. He sees (9 successes) off in the distance a large ship sailing towards him. On the ship at the very prow, was a man he recognized as a Dragon Blood who he had seen around the Sesus house once or twice. He is occasionally making waving motions, apparently directing the ship.

Tiger grabbed his small stolen boat, and sailed strait for Opec Island. He arrived six hours later, at around dawn. He find’s Gareth.

Tiger: Gareth! We have trouble.

Gareth: More?

Tiger: It seems to have followed us.

Gareth: They coming here?

Tiger: Maybe, they were heading to Hoen-ba. We don’t have much time. We need to leave immediately, if not sooner.

So, of course, the group got into an argument for several hours.

A-Dom arrived at the ship with his Spine Chain (caterpillar made out of dead torsos), Spine-E.

Gareth: People we’re going to have company.

Ceri: How much company?

Gareth: They have a big boat.

Tiger: Should we race them to Onyx?

Ceri: Isn’t that just a little far?

Tiger: We could have A-Dom disguise himself in the water, and just knock a hole in their ship.

Jahar (to Ceri): Can’t you make giant flaming birds?

Ceri: Maybe we should just go out and fight them at sea. There is nobody (random mortals) to get hurt from the fighting.

This starts the: Fight on the Island, vs Fight on the boat next to the island, vs Fight on the boat at sea, vs Run for it, argument.

A-Dom: Where are they now?

Tiger: Getting closer.

Jahar then casts his Bones of Stone spell to prepare for he believes is the approaching combat.

Then the group argues about if they should leave the crew on the island (where they might be captured or killed), or take them to fight the Dragon Bloods crew (where they might be killed). [This paragraph covers over a half hour of arguing.]

Jahar then ran off to talk to Opec.

Jahar: There is a ship full of Dragon Bloods coming to attack us.

Opec: Why?

Jahar: Would it be bad to fight on this island?

Opec: I don’t think so. It wouldn’t hurt me.

Jahar: That was one of my questions.

Jahar heads back to the boat.

Back at the boat:

Jade’s Luck: Maybe we could tell them we were investigating the island for mineral rights.

Everyone looks at the sandy small island, and realizes this isn’t a great cover story.

Paul (feeling the need to point this out): You could try to come up with a convincing lie to tell them, and not fight.

Feelings from group:

Ceri: Lets fight them.

Jade’s Luck: Lets deal with them now, at sea.

A-Dom (Jahar mocking voice): We could just knock them out. And interview them first to make sure they are not innocents.

Tiger: Kill them now, later, whatever.

Gareth: I don’t want to fight them. I don’t like our chances.

Gareth being the only one who has seen BOHICA, describes them as best he can.

Cynis Jara (Jahar’s wife). Earth Aspect. Wears armor and carries a Gore Maul.

Water aspected Monk type. Who Jahar identified as Peleps Aulric.

Brother Falling Leaf (whom he had met at a number of occasions related to Jahar’s wedding, he is also a Cynis), Wood Aspect.

One dressed entirely in jade armor, including a helmet. Probably female due to the small stature.

One dressed entirely in long robes, long cloak, with hood, who he hadn’t gotten a good look at.

Jahar: We have problems if they all die.

A-Dom: They could “re-appear” in Atlantis at some point.

Jahar: If you ever masquerade as my wife...

Gareth: (sarcastic tone) Maybe... we could just summon a demon!

Jahar: Wrong time of day. All kinds of other problems.

Gareth: (sarcastic tone) But then you would have a Demon!

Gareth then explained to the group that it’s better for the group to fight upon their ship. Cause he’s all with the sail voodoo.

Jahar: If we are going to do this, we actually have to fight as a team.

Jade’s Luck started looking for spirits to help. Unfortunately, the only spirit around was a great big mellow Calm Air spirit.

Then the group decides that it should start working on an explanation. To try before the fight. The big sticking point being that Jade’s Luck was seen by a lot of townsfolk doing a number of strange things. The group decided that demon possession (and she’s all better now) was the more reasonable explanation (of the ones they came up with).

Their ship then came into view heading towards them.

Jahar realized that he was all made out of stone. Which hurt his ability to talk to his wife and convince her he is not an anathema, and that nothing strange was not going on. This irritated Jahar because in order to talk to his wife, he had to “Not be ready for combat.”

Spine-E was sent off into the jungle of Opec Island to hide at some point (since he would kind of hurt the believability of some of their stories).

So they pulled away from the dock and started sailing away from the other ship in order to stall for time. Unfortunately due to the calm air, they didn’t manage to speed away as fast as they hoped.

Gareth: Well we aren’t arguing as much as normal.

Jahar: We are making progress.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 7/3/06

"Demise of the Most Loved Party Member."
Write Up by Always Toast
(Write up done without any recording because the battery died; This would be a lot more funny, but my memory is not as good as a recording. )

The Circle decided to slow down so the Brotherhood of Horses Irrevocably Cleansing Anathema’s ship could catch up.

In preparation, Fatty made his grandmother’s “hangover cure” for Jade’s luck to drink, so she would feel queasy. Ceri modified Jade’s Luck’s appearance, so she would look more gaunt, and sickly. Jahar surrounded Jade’s Luck by torches, to ward off the night. A-Dom disguised himself as She-dom, Jade’s Luck’s fugly and loyal female bodyguard. Gareth told Ceri that he didn’t expect her to hand around. Ceri decided to hide as a mouse (until she needed to run, when she would be a fish or something).

Gareth (to Ceri): Skelly think’s you’re purrtee.

A-Dom (after discussing Lunars way to learn new animal forms): You stay away from Skelly’s heart!

The group started slowing down after the sun went down (so Jahar’s spell would wear off). So this encounter happened at night.

Jade’s Luck: If we fight them. Are we fighting to kill them?

Tiger: Yea!

Jahar: If we fight them, we fight them.

Gareth: We can’t be holding back.

While the two ships were a ways apart Jahar hears man’s voice delivering this message to his ear:

Sesus Weijin Jahar, husband of Cynis Cujug Jara, you are wanted for the destruction of House Mnemon property, the slaying of citizens of the Realm at the Flatfield Inn, and for Treason against the Empress for your clear violation of House Mnemon’s domain. If you drop all your sails and surrender now, House Mnemon, Sesus, and Cynis have agreed to allow House Peleps to deal with your incarceration and to arrange for your fair trial.

Failure to Surrender now will result in a guilty plea being entered on your behalf at your posthumous trial by House Mnemon. Which will be considered an act of Treason against the Empress, and an act of War by House Sesus against house Mnemon.

Jahar: My mother would love that.

Jahar explains this to Gareth. So Gareth Dropped Sail once he makes sure Jahar really wants that.

The Ex-Pirate crew asks if there is a sign they should look for if things go bad.

Jade’s Luck: If you see Tiger killing people. Things have gone bad.

Gareth: If things have gone wrong, it will be very, very obvious.

Jahar (to Tiger): Use your own discretion to decide when things have gone wrong.

The other ship pulled up next to them, about an hour later. Grappling lines were thrown across, then a gang plank was put between the two ships.

The Dragon blood wrapped head to toe in robes (with the male voice Jahar heard earlier): Sesus Jahar surrender now and come across to be taken into custody.

Jahar babbles about Demons and how Jade’s Luck is possessed. He just keeps rambling on and on about things, which make him seem more and more incompetent.

The Brotherhood of Horses Irrevocably Cleansing Anathema is completely confused by Jahar’s ramblings. As he has admitted to a number of things, which were never even brought up. They just look at him stupefied. Then at each other. Then back at him. Auric smacks his forehead.

Jara (speaking very slowly): Jahar, Come here.

Gabe: Does she have her Goremaul out?

Ryan: We can tell you’re not married in real life.

Jara (impatient and annoyed): Jahar... Now.

Jahar eventually walked across to stand before Jara.

Jara (just annoyed): Now, explain what you were talking about. But use SHORT sentences.

Jahar: I was in Flatfield. I don’t know why these chargers are being put against me. I know I put the pot in the room of the inn. But really. Not that many people could have died. I thought it best to leave. Plus my business associate was demon possessed. (Pointing out Jade’s Luck)

Jara does not look happy when Jahar points at Jade’s Luck.

Jara: Was demon possessed. Past tense. She is no longer demon possessed?

Jahar: That is correct.

Jara: Where is the demon now?

Jahar kind of shrugs.

Jara: Did you stop anywhere else?

Jahar explained that the only place they stopped was the uninhabited island with the dock (Opec’s Island).

Peleps Auric: Jahar, you are under arrest and in the custody of house Peleps. Stand by me.

Jara and the female Dragonblood in full Jade Armor asked Gareth permission to board his ship. He gave it (but not in Old Realm). They inspected Jade’s Luck (who was doing her best to act pathetic), with a variety of crystals and odd occult doodads. They then announced that she was not currently possessed by a Demon. Some crew came over with a stretcher. She was told she was being taken to House Cynis, out of respect for their relationship and dealings with Matron Jade Fox. Jade’s Luck insisted that She-dom come along with her. They were taken over to the other ship.

The Brotherhood announced that the rest of the ship would have to be searched as there may have been a demon onboard. The brotherhood (except Auric who was guarding Jahar) and some of their crew came over to search the ship. Some of the brotherhood and many of the sailors only searched the deck of the ship.

Jara and the female Dragonblood in full Jade Armor, along with some of the crew went below decks. Gareth then noticed that his ship started to shutter, as there were sounds of battle from below decks. Around the room where Skelly’s barrel was.

Skelly tried his best to act surprised at his condition when found, and tried to explain through pantomime that he was not the Anathema they were looking for, but he could for the small price of letting him live, point some out for them. Unfortunately for Skelly, the two Dragonbloods didn’t realize that he was trying communicate, and brutally attacked him. Skelly didn’t last long against the Goremaul and Grand DaiKlave of the Dragonbloods. He was broken to splinters and pounded to dust. As were some parts of the ship.

Gareth: My ship! They’re hurting my ship!

Gareth and Tiger ran below decks and found the carnage that had been the loyal Skelly.

Alex: We lost our Albatross! We’re so screwed.

The Dragonbloods had moved on to another room by the time they got there. So Tiger followed behind them. They were in a cargo storage room ahead, but Tiger couldn’t make out what was going on. So he went back and got Gareth, and they both went inside. They saw the two Dragonbloods sneaking up upon someone. They then heard a strange demonic voice, as green hellfire began to appear. The Dragonbloods lunged and quickly killed the demon possessed Ex-Pirate from the Linthal crew. They cut off his head, and performed a ritual and burned the rest of his body. They then told Gareth that he might want to put out the fire they had started on his boat.

Gareth took command of his crew and got them to put out the fire. The Brotherhood and their crew returned to their ship and sailed off back to Atlantis, along with Jahar, Jade’s Luck and She-dom.

Group then argued about what they would use for an explanation about why they turned around. While Alex/Gareth constantly pointing out that they didn’t have to explain it to anyone, because nobody was asking.

Alex: This is Jahar’s problem. You keep volunteering information, when nobody asks you.

Gareth then had a talk with the crew, especially the Ex-Pirates from the Linthal ship, about the fact that one of them had been possessed by a demon the entire time they had been on board.

Ex-Pirates: Sir, there are some things we would love to tell you. But sometimes people’s heads explode. That was one of them.

Gareth: Is there anything else you want to tell me?

Ex-Pirates: Sometimes people’s heads, they Explode. Sir.

Ryan: Make them rhyme it!

So the Grumpy Craftsman II turned around and went back to Atlantis.

Gareth very specifically swept up and picked out all the parts of Skelly (including the dust). The only large surviving parts were one thigh bone, some teeth, and his toes. Everything else was shattered into tiny fragments or turned to dust.

Upon arriving at Atlantis, Jahar was taken to House Peleps, and horribly jailed in a room that was furnished in a room at least two seasons out of fashion, and was given wine not of the absolute best quality, and was forced to endure being under constant guard (outside the room), and worst of all, he only had one slave to fetch him things. Jahar had to wait two full days in this hell hole for his trial.

Jade’s Luck was taken to house Cynis where she was treated very well. She-dom was there too, and was treated, like a servant of a normal citizen, which is to say, rather poorly. Plus he/she saw a number of people from a certain bachelorette party. So A-Dom gained a little limit.

Eventually Cynis Pollus arrived and talked with Jade’s Luck, and was very polite, and made sure she had everything she wanted (including fetching She-dom). Then told her Matron Jade Fox would be collecting her tomorrow as she seemed fit enough to go home.

Gareth went back to his shop to work. Ceri went with him, as she had nothing better to do. Tiger went off into the city.

Later that day, Lowger came to Gareth’s shop and talked to him, and asked him to make a piece of equipment to add onto his saddle (for his bear) to carry extra equipment. Gareth agreed to do the work, and made some small talk with Lowger. He admitted that Jahar was back in the city, and found out that Jahar’s Father was looking for him. He failed to mention that Jahar was in custody awaiting a trial.

Jahar’s Trial went... smoothly for the Brotherhood of Horses Irrevocably Cleansing Anathema. They presented evidence against him. Especially about him taking a magical black pot from a field and putting it inside the inn, and wrapping it up to appear as a present. Which was then unwrapped by unwitting citizens who got blown all to bits, along with the inn, which caused structural damage, which lead to the deaths of more citizens, etc. They also mentioned that footprints of an Anathema were traced to the edge of the water where Jahar’s boat had been, along with the footprints of others in his group.

They then brought in farmer George who recalled that Jahar attempted to lure him into treason against his dully appointed House of Taxation, and explained Jahar’s plans for Flatfield as part of his trading empire.

Jahar, then promptly admitted that he was guilty of everything. The judge then called a recess for lunch, and so he had time to decided upon a verdict. Since Jahar was so clearly guilty, and unapologetic (as the only thing he seemed sorry about was getting caught), he was given a very stiff fine [Resources 3, to be paid every month for 5 months]. To instill upon him the proper gravity of the situation.

After getting out of the trial, Jahar went to the Tea House, to have dinner with Jade’s Luck. Jade’s Luck then invited everybody else to dinner as well. Except the group couldn’t think of where to send Tiger’s invitation, other then to Gareth (who had no idea where Tiger was).

This lead to the discussion of what Tiger does in his free time.

A-Dom: I figure he just kills orphans, or old people or something for a hobby. And takes their stuff.

Most of the rest of the group also believed that Tiger does horrible or horrific things when not around the group.

Tiger was in fact off gathering information, and training.

Around dinner Jahar explained in long and overly complicated detail, that he was broke now. So if the Trading Company had any financial problems, he would be unable to bail it out, with his resources tied up. He also expressed his desire for the company to be moved “off shore” on a moments notice, so it could happen in one night. He also expressed the desire to act completely normal, so nobody would notice that he was planning to move himself, a large trading company, and several warehouses full of goods, off their home island overnight. In addition to avoiding his Father for as long as possible. The group then talked him into dealing with his Father as soon as possible.

Gareth gives A-Dom an eyepatch, made out of gator leather, with a skull on it. He also gave him a leather token with a G on it. He told A-dom that he had the remains of his beloved Skelly for him, but they were on the ship.

After the dinner Gareth and Ceri returned to his shop and found Tiger. Whom they told had been invited to a dinner party that was now over. They also told him Jahar probably wanted to talk to him. So Tiger went to talk to him.

Jahar explained that he wanted to talk to his father alone, and surrounded by the Circle, in case things went poorly.

Tiger: So, if things go bad, we ambush him.

Jahar: No, I just want him to be alone, and me to have everyone to back me up, so he has no hope of escaping if things go bad.

Tiger looks at Jahar, like he is a complete and total idiot.

A-Dom went off to the Catacombs, and picked out a lot of bones from different bodies, trying to perfectly remake Skelly. He however realized that this was not a viable solution, with his current powers (as you normally animate one full skeleton at a time, not parts of different ones to make a whole). So A-Dom decided to wait, so he could do it “properly.”

Various people: We can do it. We can rebuild him. We can make him better. We have the Necronology...

Jahar decided to sleep at Jade’s Luck’s (possibly in her room).

Jade’s Luck: Don’t worry, in rumor, I have no virtue.

A-Dom disguised as She-dom, told Jade’s Luck (s)he didn’t need a place to stay. So (s)he went off and got blazing drunk at a bar, and passed out there.

Now, A-Dom’s disguise charm fails, when he falls unconscious. Luckily, nobody noticed him, sleeping on the floor with the other drunks, until around morning (when the drunks get thrown out).

A-Dom awoke to a horrible loud pitched noise. Which he quickly realized was a woman, standing a few feet away from him, screaming “Anathema” at the top of her lungs. So A-Dom disappeared from all memory, again, rolled over, and went back to sleep. Unfortunatly, the woman forgot why she was screaming, went back to work, then spotted A-Dom again (who had not disguised himself), and started screaming “Anathema!” all over again. Waking A-Dom up, again.

So A-Dom jumped out a window. Unfortunatly, he forgot he was in a bar that had three stories. After hitting the ground face first (being hung over is bad), he changed his appearance, and then vanished from all memory. Again. Except, this time, he used enough peripheral essence to cause his cast mark to glow. Which caused other people to scream about Anathema. So he ran into the sewers, and eventually escaped the city.

The rest of the circle (except Jahar) all noticed that there was an Anathema scare going on. Some investigated it, and some avoided it. But nothing much really happened (no buildings destroyed, no mass deaths, etc).

Not A-Dom went to Jahar’s Villa in the country. He sat down and waited on the front step.

Jahar sent Jade’s Luck a note telling her to meet him at his villa at around 6pm. He also sent other notes, via Matron Jade to his family, to handle the payments to house Mnemon. Then he walked the two hours to his Villa.

Jahar arriving at his Villa, saw a strange man he had never seen before, wearing leather armor, carrying no weapons.

Jahar: Can I help you?

Not A-Dom: You don’t know me, but we are friends.

Jahar noticed a number of small details, that Not-A-Dom had overlooked, that pointed out that someone was inside his Villa.

Not A-Dom: Is it safe to talk here? Did you hear about the Anathema attack in the city today?

Jahar: I don’t know. Who is inside my house?

Not A-Dom: There is someone inside your house?

Jahar, turned around and started walking away. Not A-Dom started following him.

Not A-Dom: Boy it sure is a bright day today (pointing repeatedly, and directly at the Sun).

Jahar, just kept walking away, more quickly. Not A-Dom gave up and went back to waiting on the stoop.

As Jahar was walking back into the city, going to the Tea House, Jade’s Luck was walking out of the city (leaving directly from the officers of the trading company), going to Jahar’s Villa.

So Jade’s Luck arrives at Jahar’s Villa and finds a strange man she has never seen before, wearing leather armor, and carrying no weapons. Sitting in front of the door.

Jade’s Luck: Who are you?

Not A-Dom: I’m a Friend of Jahar’s. I’m a friend of Gareth’s too.

Not A-Dom shows Jade’s Luck the leather G token that Gareth made. Unfortunately, Gareth never handed them out to anyone else. So it wasn’t a very good clue. Other then the fact that he knew Gareth.

Jade’s Luck: Why are you siting out here?

Not A-Dom: There is someone inside, and I don’t know who.

Jade’s Luck: Why don’t you knock?

Not A-Dom: That would be crazy.

Jade’s Luck walked past him and knocked on the door. Jahar’s Father answered the door, and invited her inside. Inside she found Lowger, Gerlow (the bear), and Cynis Pollus hanging around, drinking wine, and playing Darts. Waiting for Jahar to return home.
Not A-dom doesn't even bother to try and go in. He just stays, sitting on the steps.

Jahar, upon getting back to the Tea House, realized that he told Jade’s Luck to meet him at his Villa, around.... Now. So he went and collected Tiger, Gareth, and Ceri, and had them come with him back to his villa. So when that group got close to the Villa, Not A-Dom decided to hide in the woods near the Villa. Unfortunately for him, Ceri spotted him (in addition to knowing his exact location), and pointed him out to the others.

Jahar and Not A-Dom rambled incoherently at each other for a while. Then they all, save Not A-dom, walked into Jahar’s Villa to find out who in fact, was inside. Inside they found Jahar’s Father, and Pollus trying to teach Jade’s Luck how to play Darts. Lowger was trying to teach Gerlow how to keep score by scratching the floor with his claws. But that wasn’t going very well.

Jahar was about to speak...

End of Session.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 7/31/06

" You’d have to magically compel me first!"

Jahar: Evening, father. I was wondering if I would find you first, or the other way around.

Inthian complemented Jahar’s house, which Jahar accepted.

Jahar: I would offer you refreshments, but it appears you have already availed yourself.

Inthian said that they had brought some.

Jahar: There is a strange man outside my house. Does anyone know him?

No one did.

Inthian: He arrived. He didn’t knock. I believe he has talked to everyone who has come in since we arrived.

Inthian offered to feed the strange man to the bear. Jahar was tempted, but declined. They sat around for a while with Jade’s Luck serving drinks. Eventually Inthian asked Jahar when dinner would be served.

Gareth: Oh, uh, right.

Gareth set his drink down and headed into the kitchen to see what he could whip up. With it being a bachelor house, he found it stocked with lots of long lasting staples. Gareth went out and quickly killed a stag for the main course. He managed to whip up a very nice meal in a short amount of time.

Lots of small talk occurred during dinner. This afforded Jahar a lot of time to stall before talking to his father. The bear happily gnawed on his large hunk of raw venision over in the corner while Inthian ‘grilled’ Ceri on where she was from. She found out they had been there about a hundred years ago and he thought they had good apple trees.

Ceri: My parents weren’t even there a hundred years ago. I don’t even think my teacher was there a hundred years ago, and she was old.

During dessert, which consisted of dried fruit soaked in wine and a nice fruit flambé, Jahar turned to Lowger.

Jahar: So, why are you here, again?

Inthian: Yes, well, we were hoping to discuss something with you in private when your friends were finished.

Ceri: Oh, I’m finished.

Gareth started cleaning up the table while Jade’s Luck showed Tiger and Ceri out of the room. The bear followed Jade’s Luck to keep an eye on that group. Gareth tinkered around in the kitchen, cleaning and listening in (and listening for lying). He also fixed a plate of food for the guy out in the bushes, since he likely hadn’t eaten all this time. Tiger, Ceri, and Jade’s Luck tried to surreptitiously listen in on the conversation in the dining hall without the bear noticing.

In the dining hall, Inthian questioned his son on what he could do with his new found sorcery knowledge. Jahar said he had mostly dealt with some geomancy and astrological things, he had tinkered with wards and talismans, and he had heard some things about demon summoning.

Inthian asked if Jahar had found any artifacts in his travels. Jahar said he had come across something, but it wasn’t there, since he knew that what he was studying would get him burned by the church and he didn’t want that. He also said that he knew his father didn’t talk about his work in this area either, so for a mortal to be doing this would be especially bad in their eyes.

Inthian said that they just wished to make sure Jahar wasn’t getting into anything more dangerous. Jahar tried to talk his way out of it, but it wasn’t working. He realized he was going to have to produce the robes and needed to get away from the dragon-bloods to do it, but they wouldn’t let him out of their sight. He told them he’d take them to them, but he wanted to go to the bathroom first. Lowger went with him to the bathroom, but stood outside. This allowed Jahar the opportunity to pull his robes out of Elsewhere and don them.

Upon exiting the bathroom, Lowger looked at him surprised.

Lowger: Ah. Interesting hiding place.

Once returned to the dining room, Inthian commenced a thorough inspection of the robes. While standing there, Jahar noticed some words form on the hem of the sleeve.

*Anything Wrong?*

Jahar thought hard Yes? After a long pause, Jahar added to that thought Must remain quiet. He noticed the symbols slide back into place. Interesting.

Inthian: What do these robes do?

Jahar said that they had mostly been protective so far. When pressed on how, he said that it seemed the swamp dragons weren’t as interested in them as they should have been.

Inthian: Where did you find them?

Jahar: In a box… in the swamp.

Inthian: What kind of box?

Jahar: Stone.

Inthian: Well, there doesn’t appear to be anything demonic or influencing about them? (long pause) So. What are you planning to do with your newfound studies?

Ryan: (without missing a beat) Take over the world.

Jahar: I am still trying to figure out how they incorporate into my daily life.

Inthian: How much of your daily life requires the Occult?

Jahar: Not a lot.

While Gareth’s lie detector had gone off several times throughout the conversation, this one set it off in a major way.

Jahar: I definitely feel like I am being interrogated here. I thought you would be more jovial about the news.

Inthian: Well, you are practicing things that, as a mortal, can get you burned at the stake, should the church find out. We are mildly concerned that, at the very least, you know what you’re doing.

Jahar: I can assure you that I have absolutely no interest in anything that could get me burned at the stake.

Lowger: We’re also trying to figure out how we’re valuable to us now.

Jahar: And how am I?

Lowger: I don’t know. We’re not sure how valuable you are yet. Shiny robes.

Inthian slapped Lowger in the back of the head.

Jahar then brought up the brotherhood’s missing member and his whereabouts. Inthian said he was on the Blessed Isle and could not be here.

With their interrogation concluded, Jahar was allowed to put his robes away (if he liked) and bring his friends back in (if he liked). With the possibility of conflict abated, Gareth decided he wouldn’t have to rush in to defend Jahar. He grabbed the plate of food from dinner that he had kept warm and took it out the kitchen door and around to the man in the bushes.

Still Not A-dom: Food! *starts chowing down* You’re the best, Gareth.

Gareth: (looking at the man strangely) Just return the plate to the kitchen.

Gareth went back around to the kitchen and reentered the building. Once everyone had retired back to the den to partake of wine, Still Not A-dom wandered through the room with a plate. After depositing it in the kitchen, he wandered back through.

Jahar: (startled) What the?!

Still Not A-dom: Returning a plate.

Jahar: (getting indignant) Where did you get that plate?

Still Not A-dom: Gareth.

Jade’s Luck walked up to Still Not A-dom with a goblet.

Jade’s Luck: Wine?

Still Not A-dom: Oh yes. Please. *Takes goblet and starts drinking*

Jahar: (definitely getting indignant) Why are you drinking my wine?!

Still Not A-dom: I was given it. It seemed rude to turn it down. I’m sorry.

Jade’s Luck: (trying to smooth things over and explain) Gareth likes to feed unfortunates.

Jahar: (not calmed by Jade’s Luck’s words) Who are you?

Still Not A-dom: Johan.

When asked why he said he knew Gareth and the others, Still Not A-dom said that that was a private conversation. Jahar wouldn’t accept that response, saying anything he had to say could be said in front of everyone.

Jahar: You’ve been sitting outside my house for hours.

Inthian: Days.

Still Not A-dom I wanted to talk to you.

Jahar: Days. So, take a seat. Tell us about yourself.

Jade’s Luck: Wine?

Still Not A-dom: Oh, thank you. *Takes goblet and starts drinking* Oh. You know. Lost sailor. Told to come look for you.

Jade’s Luck asked if this had to do with their business, to which he said yes.

Tiger: You’re a thief, aren’t you?

Still Not A-dom: That’s a little blunt. I’m a sailor!

Lowger: Yes, he’s a thief.

Jahar and Tiger then laid into him, saying that he could have made a much better score in the city and that he didn’t want to come here.

Still Not A-dom: I guess you have a point. I had not considered stealing from you.

Jahar: (gestures to Lowger) I will take this man’s word over yours.

Still Not A-dom: I am not asking you to take this fine man’s word over mine. I’m just saying what I know.

Jahar: So talk.

Still Not A-dom: I was sent by….

Jade’s Luck: A friend of Gareth’s?

Still Not A-dom: No….

Jahar: But you apparently know Gareth.

Still Not A-dom: Yes!

Jahar: Gareth, who is this man?

Still Not A-dom: Yes, Gareth. Who am I?

Gareth: Umm, the strange man in your bushes whom I gave food to?

Still Not A-dom: If I offend you, you can go back to what you were doing and I can leave.

Gareth: Are you looking for employment?

Still Not A-dom: No.

Tiger: Why are you out here?

Still Not A-dom: I have nowhere else to go.

Things went downhill from here for everyone’s favorite necromancer. Inthian offered to sell the man into slavery or find him employment. He was called confused by Jahar, which says something. Eventually he told by Inthian to follow them and the Brotherhood left. Once walking, he was told they were going to find him some good honest work. He was given the option of breaking rocks or cleaning up sewers.

While walking through the forest on the way back to town, Still Not A-dom ducked behind a tree and made himself an invisible statue. The brotherhood searched around the forest for a while, but couldn’t find him and gave up.

Back at the villa, Jahar sent his robes to Elsewhere and got thoroughly drunk. He looked around for spirits in the area and noticed a drinking spirit in the corner. Jahar surreptitiously left the spirit a glass of wine and went back to drinking. Sometime later,
the thoroughly inebriated Jahar heard a voice.

The Voice: That fellow who was walking along with us just disappeared. We think he just ran off into the woods.

This led to Jahar acting like a crazy person and the Circle telling Jahar to bed. As that conversation took several turns, the group heard a knock on the front door. When Jade’s Luck answered it, she found Still Not A-dom standing there. Once he was allowed to come in and sit down, they started again.

Tiger: Now will you tell us whom you are?

Still Not A-dom: I’m a Dawn caste.

Jahar: (turns to the corner with the drinking spirit in it) You did not hear that.

Still Not A-dom: Yes, corner, you did not hear that.

Jahar refreshed the Drinking Spirit’s glass.

Still Not A-dom: Between Opec and the Unconquered Sun, they decided that you needed a Dawn caste. And I am your Dawn caste.

Gareth: Well, what do you bring to the group?

Still Not A-dom: Death and destruction? For others… mostly.

Ceri: Insanity, sometime in the past.

Jade’s Luck: Oh, is he another one you’ve been married to?

Ceri: I think so.

Still Not A-dom: Really?

Ceri: Not still. Don’t get any ideas.

Still Not A-dom made a comment about freaky Lunars.

Jahar: (slurring) Then you’re on our side.

Still Not A-dom: Yes. And you’re on my side.

Jahar: (slurring) Have some wine.

Still Not A-dom: Okay! I didn’t want to say that because of the DRAGON-bloods. With the killing of us all.

Jahar: (slurring) Then why’d you come in earlier?

Still Not A-dom: I was returning the plate.

Jade’s Luck: Gareth gave him food. Gareth said bring plate back to kitchen. He conveniently brought plate back to kitchen. We had this conversation already. He was doing what he was told.

Still Not A-dom: Yes. Thank you.

Jade’s Luck: He was being well behaved.

Still Not A-dom: I like you. You’re nice.

Gareth’s lie detector went off like a nuclear blast.

Liz: Do you have to make a Valor check to say that?

Ryan: Nope, cause it’s funny.

Jahar: Did they follow you?

Still Not A-dom: No. They headed back to town. Unless they looped around. They could have. They’re sneaky dragon-bloods.

Jahar: Someone who isn’t me should go check to see if they followed him.

Ceri went off to check in bird form and came back.

Gareth: So far he hasn’t lied much. Seems okay.

Still Not A-dom: I like dragon-bloods. *Ding* I think the Unconquered Sun knows what he is doing. *DING!*

Gareth: Ah, you HAVE met him. (pauses a beat, then looks up) We praise you, oh lord.

Still Not A-dom: I dislike necromancy. *DING! DING!*

Jahar: And why don’t we know you?

Still Not A-dom: I was well prepped.

Once the grilling of Still Not a-dom was concluded, Gareth brought up the trip up north, saying they could take the long way around, along the Neck.

Still Not A-dom: Skullstone?

Gareth: Ah. You’ve been there too?

Still Not A-dom: Once or twice

Gareth: And what was your impression of the place?

Still Not A-dom: Scary, but cool. Bodhisattva is nice there.

Gareth: Do you have any enemies we should be aware of?

Still Not A-dom: None that can remember me at the moment.

Still Not A-dom then had to go into the fact that he had a memory charm up at the moment. This led to Tiger asking if this was why they couldn’t remember him. Still Not A-dom said yes.

Gareth: Is that good for you, Jahar?

Gareth: Just say yes.

Jahar: I’ve learned better than that.

Gareth: No you haven’t you’re drunk.

Jahar: I AM….. yes. I’m drunk. (pause) What did you say?

Gareth: Going up to Skullstone the long way round.

Jahar: Yes. Helps with the company?

Still Not A-dom mentioned the Wretched Swamp, which led to asking him where else he had been. He said he’d been everywhere the group had been, since he had been following them.

Jade’s Luck: So, are we the enemies you’re running away from?

Still Not A-dom: No. You’re just people. *DING!* Umm… Not everybody… Maybe one or two of you…. Not Gareth.

Gareth said they should call it a night and it was up to Jahar whether or not he gave Johan a room for the night. Jahar said that he had drunk his wine, so he couldn’t sleep in the bushes for the night. Jahar then got the great idea to sanctify an oath. Jahar tried to get Still Not A-dom to agree to several poorly worded oaths about not acting against the Circle or not harming them. Still Not A-dom would not agree to any oaths.

Still Not A-dom: I don’t need to be magically compelled to not hurt you!

Jahar’s Memories of better times said:
Jahar was being hauled around with his arms pinned behind his back by a really wiry albino, being slammed into door frames as he carried him.

Former Jahar: (screaming) Why can’t you not hurt people?!

Former A-dom: You’d have to magically compel me first!

Jahar was whacked into another doorframe.

Jahar: I think I recall otherwise!

Jade’s Luck came up with a better worded oath.

Still Not A-dom: yeah. Add my name to that.

Jade’s Luck: What’s your name again?

Still Not A-dom: Johan.

Alex: But that’s your name.

Paul: Yes. He’s not using a bad alias. He is, in fact, using his real name.

Ryan: Aww :):):):).

This went on for a while longer.

Still Not A-dom: When are you leaving? In two weeks? I’ll come back.

Still Not A-dom wandered out into the woods. Jahar stumbled after him yelling Agree! Agree!

At the end of the next day, everyone remembered who A-dom was. They didn’t see A-dom for another two days.

Over the next two weeks, everyone set about getting ready for a year long trip. Gareth spent time with his apprentices and shop. He talked to his sister and got her to check in on the shop and apprentices while he was gone.

Tiger spent time with his mentor.

Jade’s Luck worked on the trading company and Matron’s Jade’s company. She spent time teaching whores martial arts.

Jahar came back to the concept of a code of laws for all exalted. Once again it generally wasn’t well received. Jahar and A-dom went to Opec’s island. A-dom happily rode Spiney while Jahar talked to Opec. He talked about taking over countries and forming a power base. Opec suggested finding some Wyld, creating an island with people, getting them registered with the Celestial Bureaucracy for souls, and then impressing the people.

Opec: And be yourselves. Everyone likes you when you be yourself. Maybe not that A-dom fellow, but everyone else.

Jahar found out that yew was a very nice necromancer that talked to Dark Opec a lot. He also found out that Opec knew his robes and got along with them. Jahar let them have a conversation together, but couldn’t keep up.

Jahar found out that Roedy was wondering why the Circle didn’t get along so well.

Jahar: We’re not very good at communicating and one of our members keeps playing tricks with our heads.

Opec clued Jahar into the concept of Brotherhood oath spell and the fact that there was a celestial level powered up version of it.

Jahar: Any other insights into dominating other cultures?

Opec: Umm. You know, practice. Practice, practice, practice. You’re not going to take over every culture the first time you run into it and you’ve got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. You gotta go out there and try! Remember, if you don’t destroy everything, you can always show up again in another generation to try again after you’ve screwed up.

Last edited:

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 8/14/06

"I Think We Just Let Loose A Plague Upon Creation… Again!"

Over the next few days the Circle trained and prepared for their long journey. One night Jade’s Luck threw a dinner party ‘for her friends and business associates,’ namely the Circle.

Jahar talked a lot about forwarding the goals of their religion and their business and talked about using different faces for the different tasks, so to speak. He talked about using robes or actually making them look different or some combination of disguise for the spreading of the religion. He didn’t want it getting back to people on Atlantis, or the dragon-bloods in general, that it was us doing this. So there was a good amount of talk about making it a mystery cult.

Gareth: Yes. We have a nifty, new religion. And the really great part about it is that it is a secret. Only a select few know about it and that makes you special.

They talked about isolated cells or schools for the religion so that if one group was found it wouldn’t necessarily lead to all of the members getting squished.

A-dom: So, who do we plan on blowing up?

Jahar: Later on, everyone we want to.

Jade’s luck: You need to be more careful with these broad promises.

A-dom: You do the whole ding thingy. I agree to that.

Jahar talked about the problem of needing to take the time to train people properly and how the group had not been good about that so far. Jade’s Luck brought up the idea of bringing some apprentices along with the group on their trips to teach them along the way. Gareth’s comment on the high mortality rate of that method was ignored. Gareth brought up the option of the group improving their teaching skills through charms. It would be obvious if they taught a group of mortals in a week, but they weren’t being subtle in that manner anyway. This wouldn’t be useful for training them to defend themselves, but they could do speed training for the initiates and let them go out and train the others the slow way.

Somehow they got onto the topic of Abalon and A-dom made the comment that they needed to go back there to kill that vizier, because he was a prick. This led to an argument with Ceri, since she felt the vizier acted perfectly reasonable.

A-dom: So, we can’t kill any Lunars even if they’re being pricks?

Ceri: He wasn’t being a prick. He said you were being very obvious about the cult building and asked you to tone it down.

A-dom: No. He said, ‘You :):):):)ing stop now!’ And he did it on our island. Hence why we should kill him.

Ceri: You’re not killing him. You go to kill him, you and me are going to have a fight.

Tiger: I think that, if we try to kill him, we’ll be squished, so it is kind of mute.

Jahar: Now what if he were to attack us?

Ceri: That would be different. There is self defense and then there is ‘gee, I don’t like that guy, let’s kill him.

A-dom: Okay, fine. We’re going to provoke him later and then kill him.

Ceri: That wouldn’t be self defense.

The conversation went along in this same vein until Jahar was able to steer it away.

Jahar: So, over all, would that be an idea that might help us in our prosylization?

*Long silence*

Gareth: You know, I kind of stopped paying attention.

*Paul laughs loudly*

Jade’s Luck summarized up what she and Jahar had discussed and Gareth agreed to it.

A-dom proved he was a bad son when the topic of his mother and him needing a wife came up by saying he could just say his wife died of syphilis or gonorrhea or something.

They parted ways for the night and, within the next couple of days, set sail. During the first month Jahar brought up the brotherhood spell to the Circle. He managed to convince them by talking about the benefits of the spell and playing down the negatives.

A-dom: So, if I accidentally hit you, I’m not going to stab myself in the face?

Jahar: Correct., However…

Jade’s Luck: (cutting Jahar off) What if you on purpose kill one of us?

A-dom: Then I will stab myself in the face in mourning.

Jade’s Luck: Can I get that sanctified? Can I get that sanctified? Seriously!

Jahar: I’m almost tempted to sanctify that. But you likely wouldn’t agree to anything if I did that.

A-dom: :):):):)ing over your teammates isn’t with the trusting.

Jahar: Neither is the killing them on purpose.

A-dom: I have yet to do that!

Jade’s Luck: See, it is the yet that gets us.

Jahar set up the spell for six, but Ceri told him that this spell was for the Circle and not her. Jahar failed to convince her that she should be included in it.

Somehow A-dom got to asking Ceri how she exalted.

Ceri: It’s not that good of a story.

A-dom: Well, she (gestures to jade’s Luck) killed me and I exalted, so how’d you?

Ceri: I fell out of a tree.

*A-dom laughs*

Ceri: That’s not why I exalted. I dragged myself across the island for several days with a busted leg, trying to save my life. Luna exalts those who fight to survive through difficult odds.

Jahar: Where as apparently the Unconquered Sun exalts those who die.

A-dom: I think the unconquered Sun sneezes and happens to give people charms.

Jade’s Luck: Well, he did say he has a little trouble targeting.

A-dom: I am learning about things. And now I know about Lunars. Now I intend to learn about Celestials. Especially the best way to kill them.

Ceri went off to have a couple of hours of quiet time. Finally, Jahar got back to setting up the Brotherhood spell, with Tiger and A-dom’s assistance. Jahar then started to set up people in the directions of the compass. Jade’s Luck reminded him that each caste was associated with a direction, so he adjusted where people were situated. He went into a lengthy chant, sprinkling each circle member with shavings of the metal associated with their caste.

Once the spell was completed, everyone was feeling very good about their loyalty to the others. Then A-dom activated Vanishing from Mind’s Eye and ceased to be A-dom again. This, of course, lead everyone to be confused, since they had just finished the ritual that this strange man had been included in somehow.

Not A-dom: (cheerily) Hi! I’m in your brotherhood, can you tell?

Jahar: (annoyed and grating voice) Yes.

Not A-dom: (cheerily) You know where I am?

Jahar: (annoyed and grating voice) You’re right there.

Not A-dom: (cheerily) I’m A-dom!

Jade’s Luck: Why are you in our brotherhood?

Not A-dom: (cheerily) I don’t know.

What was really annoying is he was still sitting in the spot marked for the Dawn caste with metal shavings on him.

Gareth: Why’d you include this guy, Jahar?

Jahar figured the guy showed up after the spell, but was somehow included. He also couldn’t remember why he felt the need to learn and cast this spell, beyond having problems with the party.

Not A-dom: (cheerily) Are you properly annoyed yet?

Tiger: Yes.

Gareth: So, should we tie him up?

Jahar: Yes!

A-dom decided he didn’t want to participate in bondage fun and dropped his charm.

After the month of sailing through rather boring open waters they spotted a rather odd looking island to visit. It had a lot of multicolored spires with large multicolored rocks balancing on top of them. Once Jade’s Luck and Tiger saw the island, they felt it was a good idea to emulate Gareth by putting up Integrity Protecting Prana. Jahar expressed that he didn’t feel it was a good idea for him to go to that island. And thus they learned that Jahar remained without Wyld protection. He said some sorcerous energies were holding the rocks up and he was pretty sure that the island was holding itself up as well. He said it could be the Wyld, but he wasn’t sure.

As A-dom rubbed a tusk, a pirate walked by.

Random Pirate #6: I hear masks are in season, sir.

A-dom: Are you saying you’re an excellent swimmer?

Random Pirate #6: No. Just making a suggestion, sir.

Jahar put up Spirit Detecting Glance to confirm a few things. He noticed the spirit of the Grumpy Craftsman on the ship and a couple of wind spirits helping push the boat. On the island he noticed a lot of gravity spirits hanging out upside down in hammocks, holding up the rocks. After Jahar commented upon this, Jade’s Luck followed suit by putting up this charm.

A-dom waved at the spirits.

A-dom: Hello spirits!

Of course, A-dom couldn’t see them waving back.

A-dom: :):):):) you, spirits!

Jade’s Luck: Hey!

She went to whap A-dom upside the head for being a dumbass, but found she could no longer inflict immediate harm upon him. Ceri saw what Jade’s Luck was trying to do and happily obliged.

A-dom: (rubbing back of his head) Oww! Meanie.

Paul: We now have the group enforcer.

Jade’s Luck: It’s not like I was trying to use my fan or something.

Jahar: We can no longer hit each other at all? What about celebratory claps on the back? Those aren’t meant for harm.

A-dom: No. I deny you that definition.

Jahar: You telling me you would never clap someone on the back?

A-dom: No. I will never touch anyone ever.

And another perfect screwing pact opportunity was passed up.

Tiger and Jahar went to go get a dinghy ready while Gareth got another one ready. The Circle sailed over while Ceri flew.

Jahar had a brief conversation with one of the gravity spirits about his purpose there. They were directed to the center of the island to talk who was ordering him to hold up the rock.

Jahar: How long have you been holding it up?

Gravity Spirit: I’m not really good with time, sir.

Tiger commented how they needed to get a bunch of time spirits and place them around the world to keep other spirits informed of how long it had been.

Jahar asked what the thing ordering him around was called. The gravity spirit replied Koinar. (KOH-i-nar). Apparently he was having the gravity spirits hold up the rocks because it looked good.

Jahar suggested to Gareth that he go get a really long rope and tie it to the boat so that when they screwed up the island and it sunk, they didn’t go down with it. This confused Jade’s luck, since she wanted to know why tying the boat to the sinking rock would be a good thing. Jahar explained the rope was for them to hold onto. Jade’s Luck pointed out that that much rope wasn’t feasible. As the group headed inland, Jade’s Luck praised the gravity spirits and made small talk. A-dom noticed that they were walking a much longer distance than visual distance seemed to be. He then put up Integrity Protecting Prana.

As they continued walking along, Jahar noticed that there was a mouse following them. It was wearing a voodoo mask and a spear.

Jahar stopped dead in his tracks and glanced over his shoulder. The little mouse hid behind a flower and some blades of grass.

Tiger noticed that Jahar had fallen behind and asked him what was going on.

Jahar: There is a mouse following me.

When Jahar pointed the mouse out, the mouse tried to hide more.

A-dom: Oh, that’s cute!

The others thought it was a cute mouse too. Gareth pulled out a piece of cheese and set it out for the mouse. The mouse stabbed it with its spear and yelled out a little cry in barbarian mouse language. It then grabbed the cheese and ran back to a little mouse village.

When they got to a small hut type residence in the center of the island. As they wandered in, they found the inside was much larger than the outside with a granite table in the center of the room with what looked like a map on it. Everyone but Jahar walked over to look at the map. It was a map encased in a box with glass covering. It was a map of the west, but it was all wrong. The islands were made out of rocks and the water was actually water. It had some script on it in Old Realm, which everyone could read by this point.

Ancient Map of the West
Large Current Map of the West (for comparison)

Tiger: (to A-dom) When did you learn Old Realm?

A-dom: (beaming) Gareth taught me.

Gareth: I am in favor of A-dom becoming a more learned person.

Tiger: He can do bad things with knowledge.

Gareth: He already does bad things. I figure if he is more intelligent…

Tiger: (cutting Gareth off) It’s probably just going to make the problem worse.

They pondered the map and the changes to the world a great long while. Then they noticed the scale of the map and pondered some more.

Jade’s Luck looked around the room for writing on the walls or something to clue her into the mysteries of the map. She noticed a spirit hanging out near the ceiling. Every so often, he pointed towards a gravity spirit and gestured left or right.

Jahar: Interesting. I wonder if these islands are underground and if we can raise them again.

Koinar: Oh. Visitors!

A big, bright, colorful spirit came floating down to the group. Visible to all, he asked them what they thought of his island.

Tiger: Very nice.

Koinar: Excellent. What do you think about the color. Not sure about the color.

Jade’s Luck: Very spectacular.

Tiger: Yes, I agree.

A-dom: Needs more green.

Koinar: Green?

A-dom: Green.

Koinar: I thought I did enough with the grass outside.

A-dom: More.

Koinar: Green?

Gareth thought this place was all :):):):)ing nuts and not at all aesthetically pleasing, but kept it to himself. Jade’s Luck offered some suggestions for embellishing, which would cause more work for the other spirits. The wind spirit in the room tried to get her to shut up, but Koinar told it to go back to making the room counterclockwise. This confused the group, since they had no clue what clockwise was. Koinar had to explain that a clock was a time device sometimes run by time spirits. Koinar wandered over to a secret cubbyhole, opened it up, and pulled out a little guy to ask him how long the island had been there. The time spirit rattled off an incredibly long digit in seconds, which was slightly shorter than the number rattled off by Rocky on the Elemental Island.

When asked, Koinar explained that this place was his own artistic vision and no one asked him to make it look this way. Then Tiger asked about the map.

Koinar: Oh. That. Some guy dropped it off. Asked if he could leave it here. Said somebody would be coming to pick it up later.

Tiger: Okay if we take it, then?

Koinar: Are you here to pick it up?

Tiger: Yeah.

Koinar: Oh, well, fine. Get it the hell out of here. Take the table too. It is disrupting my muse.

Koinar said the guy who dropped off the map liked building things.

Jade’s Luck: (pointing at Gareth) Does he remind you at all of the guy who dropped it off?

Koinar: No. He’s not wearing a dress.

Gareth confirmed the length of the ‘dress’ and said it was a kilt and the man was Pollus.

Jahar asked him about the map and Koinar said he had never looked at it. Looking at it, he said it was all wrong and chucked it into the air. Gareth caught it.

Jahar inquired more about the guy who dropped off the map. Koinar said he was a terrible dresser. Said he was leaving the table and map there.

Koinar said he’d like people to come visit so they could see his latest work. Ceri commented that is wasn’t safe for normal people to come visit. Jade’s Luck added that she thought they might turn into mice. Koinar walked out to the mice village where the mice had a nice cheese fondue pot going. Koinar questioned them about if people would turn into them if they showed up or if they had been people at one point. The mice didn’t know on either account.

Koinar: Back to your cheese!

Jade’s Luck said they might be able to find people to visit or relocate here. Koinar suggested art critics. Jade’s Luck asked if the whole island was held up by spirits. Koinar paused briefly and then told her not to worry about it. Koinar then said it wouldn’t sink and not to worry about it. She seemed okay with that answer.

Jahar said he should head back to the ship. Gareth and A-dom decided to accompany him. They discussed the map for a while and the movement of islands. Gareth commented on how Atlantis and at least a couple of other islands had anchors and could be moved.

Jade’s Luck: What’s holding them up? Um, what’s holding them up?

Gareth: Um, the power of our minds?

Jade’s Luck: I don’t like that answer. I don’t like it at all.

Jahar kept looking at the map very closing, trying to see the fine detail. He became convinced that he could zoom in on images within the map.

As Tiger decided he wanted to go exploring, Gareth, A-dom and Jahar headed back to the ship. A-dom carried the granite table while Gareth carried the map. Jahar kept trying to zoom in while they were walking. Jahar kept going on about zooming in on the map. A-dom called Jahar a loony.

Gareth: We’re going to focus on walking back to the boat now and not talking.

When they got back to the boat, they put the granite table in the galley and the map in Gareth’s room.

As Tiger, Jade’s Luck, and Ceri wandered around the island, Jade’s Luck found that one of the pillars was a big, hollow column in sandy soil. Tiger pushed the sand away from the bottom of it and found it was part of the island. Searching around for a while, he found a pillar that had a large hole in it about fifteen feet up. Tiger turned on his headlight and decided he wanted to check out the inside of the column. He deftly scrambled down before anyone could say anything. Jade’s Luck turned on her headlamp and watched after him. Once he was about twenty feet down she followed. The inside corkscrewed down a ways and widened. After a while the tunnel curved back up and he stopped seeing the walls. Looking around, he found he was in a large cave and he felt his danger sense telling him this wasn’t a safe place. He heard breathing and saw a bunch of bug-like people sleeping. Tiger started circling in the other direction to go back up. Unfortunately, he wasn’t really his usual stealthy self. He hit a rock wrong while climbing back up and all the head swung in unison to look at him.

One of the scarab people spoke some weird form of Old Realm. He was pretty sure he heard them chanting the prison is open! as the two to three hundred of them moved en masse towards him.

Tiger activated lightening speed as he headed up the tunnel. As he approached Jade’s Luck, she tried back-pedaling. He picked her up and continued on. She activated Graceful Crane Stance to help him out.

Jade’s Luck: Why are we running away so fast?

Tiger: There is a whole boatload of badness behind me.

With Jade’s Luck, Tiger wasn’t moving as fast he wanted. The scarab people started gaining on them. Tiger started yelling out to Ceri that they needed to collapse the tunnel. She yelled back that she had a spell to seal the hole. Jade’s Luck and Tiger tried blocking the hole and killing those trying to escape while Ceri worked her magic mojo.

They were less than effective in keeping all of the scarab people within the hole. Tiger managed to kill lots of them and wound even more, but they weren’t playing fair and stopping to fight. With each wave, a couple got past and headed for the beach..

Back on the boat, Gareth was busy kicking Jahar out of his quarters for the third time. A-dom called down from on deck that something was going on on the island. As Gareth and Jahar made it on deck, the most noticeable thing from the boat was the drawing of Essence by Ceri. Jahar noticed a couple of black spots moving onto the beach and into the water. Gareth ordered the crew to the ready.

A-dom noticed that the tribe of mice were on the beach waving a flag for help. They pulled out a little canoe and started rowing towards the boat.

A-dom: Can we keep them?

Gareth told A-dom he was needed on shore and to throw the mice to the ship so he could catch them. For some reason it had completely slipped his mind how far the mice were from the boat. A-dom monkey leapt a chunk of the way to the island and started swimming.

Back on the island, Jade’s Luck left the hole and chased after the escaping scarab men. As some of the scarab people jumped into the water, they yelled We’re Free! in their weird tongue. Jade’s Luck was completely ineffective in stopping the ones that got out from getting away. Well, she managed to kill the horribly wounded one.

As a final wave of three came out, Ceri finished up her spell and repaired the hole. A total of fourteen scarab people made it out alive and into the water. A-dom noticed that when they dove into the water they were splitting up into two different directions and disappearing. He knew this wasn’t good, but was concentrating on the mice.

A-dom made it to the mice. He picked up their little canoe and lobbed it at the deck of the boat. As the mice canoe sailed over the railing and headed towards the mast, Gareth skillfully plucked them out of the air. He even caught the little, old mouse with his other hand as it kept going. The mice all started bowing at Gareth in worship. Gareth welcomed them onto the ship.

Those on and near the island noticed Koinar come running out of the hut.

Koinar: Oh my! What? What happened? What’s going on? What Ooooh. Oooh. Very bad. TAKE ME WITH YOU! TAKE ME WITH YOU!

As Koinar came running towards them, Jade’s Luck turned Spirit Detecting Glace back on. She then noticed all of the gravity spirits taking off.

Jade’s Luck: (to random gravity spirit) Where are you going?

Gravity Spirit: To safety!

Jade’s Luck: That’s not good.

Gabe: Told you. Rope.

Koinar: TAKE ME WITH YOU! TAKE ME WITH YOU!

Jade’s Luck: Can you tell us what is going on while we leave?

Koinar: Yes.

They started swimming for the Grumpy Craftsman, leaving the dinghy behind.

Jade’s Luck: Speak quickly.

Koinar: Things holding up island gone.

Jade’s Luck: How?

Koinar: You let them out. Or they got out.

Tiger: The hole is plugged. They aren’t getting out anymore.

Koinar: No, no, no. Need all of them to keep the island floating. Had two spare.

They start hearing the rocks that were being held up by gravity spirits falling, smashing pillars. The island began crashing in on itself. Those sitting on the boat could see a fountain of scarab people coming out of the ground a fleeing for the ocean, sinking into the water.

Jade’s Luck: Are these bug people going to hurt people being out?

Koinar: I don’t know. Gods trapped them there.

Jade’s Luck: Gods are annoying like that.

Jade’s Luck said she had an island she could put him on. He asked it it needed decorating. She said she could find a section of it for him to decorate.

Koinar: Excellent. I like very large rocks suspended from high places.

Jade’s Luck said she’d need to limit that section of the island, since that sort of thing upset mortals.

Once they were on the Grumpy Craftsman, Gareth pulled the ship further away from the sinking island.

Koinar: By the way, you need more pastilles. This ship, all wrong, needs pastilles.

Gareth: Too Bad! My ship! (to Jade’s Luck) What is he doing here?

Jade’s Luck: We rescued him. By the way Gareth, can you please welcome the nice spirit onto the ship so that bad things won’t happen to him? We’re going to be dropping him at Elemental island.

Gareth: As long he doesn’t do anything to my boat, he’ll be fine.

Gareth then wandered off below decks with the mice.

Jahar wanted to keep one of the scarab people for study, so summoned his hound of the wind and told it to fetch one of them. The hound dove under water and a few seconds later, they heard yelping. He knew the hound wasn’t coming back. He felt bad.

Jade’s Luck jotted down a quick sketch of the scarab people to show Opec some time. Jahar tried to describe the scarab people to Roedy (his robes), but didn’t get a good look. Jade’s Luck held up the picture to the robes, but apparently they couldn’t see it. Jahar described the picture man sized, eight legs, antennae, bunch of mandibles, chitinous shell.

Jahar then had to explain where they were. He went down below to the map to find where they were. He found Gareth setting the mice up in a corner of his room.

Gareth: Jahar, what are you doing in my quarters again?

With the help of the map and the information about the gods locking them up, Roedy was able to piece it together. The rest of the group eventually trickled down to Gareth’s room as well.

Roedy: There were some things created before humans. They were found to be unacceptable. They were put into storage.

Jahar: Well, apparently a couple hundred of them just got out.

Roedy: Whoops. They are an abomination against god and were found to be inferior. Await further orders?

Jahar shared all of this with the others by saying Those were bad.

With prying from Jade’s Luck, he explained that they were inferior. With more prying, he said they were an abomination against Creation and could probably eat it.

Jade’s Luck: Okay. See, abomination against creation is very different from inferior beings that will probably die in a couple of days and we could probably ignore it.

Jahar: I said nothing about dieing.

Gareth: Maybe we’ll luck out and the sea demon will eat them.

Jade’s Luck: You said they were inferior!

Gareth: So, next time we go see US we should…

Jade’s Luck: Not mention this? I agree.

Jahar: Since there apparently seem to be more pockets of similar things, I think we should ask the gods what t do about it.

Gareth:Okay. Group prayer. If you would like to lead our sermon, Jade’s Luck, we’ll all be sitting down now.

Jade’s Luck continued on about the abomination part. Jahar went into saying that they wouldn’t die, they’d just keep living. And eating.

Gareth could see she wasn’t going to get down to the prayer for a while, so he picked up some spare materials he had lying around (it was his room, after all) and started constructing a little village for the mice. It didn’t take him too long.

Ceri turned into a fish and went for a swim to see what was up with the scarab people. They seemed to be spreading out and were aquatic.

Jahar: I think we just let loose a plague upon Creation.

Jade’s Luck: Yes. I was trying to determine the nature of the plague. Do they breed?

Jahar: Interesting. I don’t know.

Gareth: I’m starting to think the dragon-bloods might have the right idea about us.

Tiger: Well, just us five.

Jahar: This is actually our first plague. Real plague, at least.

Gareth: (praying) God, you may want to smite us before we screw up some more. Actually, I’m kind of serious about that one.

Paul: Wow. I’ve never had a player pray for a reset.

Jade’s Luck started wondering why the gods didn’t just destroy the abominations in the first place.

Ceri walked into the room, having returned from her swim.

Ceri: (looking at Gareth) We’ve just let loose a plague upon Creation and you’re building the mice a little home?

Ceri’s Vision of Better Times said:
She remembered arguing with someone.

Past Ceri: Wait? So your god exalted a mouse? Your god has absolutely no standards!

The person she was arguing with said something along the lines of ‘you take that back!’

Ceri: (laughing) Apparently your god has exalted mice before.

A-dom: Shocked I am not at all.

Ceri: (laughing) No standards!

Gareth: Not disagreeing with you.

Ceri: (laughing) One of you did in the past.

Jahar walked over to the mice and asked them if they spoke. One of them raised his spear and responded in their barbarian mouse language. Jahar asked if they knew how to write in mouse. One of the mice ran over to Gareth and tugged on his pant leg. It pointed at Jahar and made confused and disturbed looks at him while saying something to Gareth.

Gareth:Jahar, what are you doing to my mice?

Jahar: If we’re going to keep the mice, we might as well teach them to communicate.

Gareth: They can communicate perfectly well.

Jade’s Luck: (to Jahar) They just said you’re nuts.

A-dom: (to Gareth) Hey! Who said they were your mice? (raises his arms high and to the mice) My fellow Wyld brethren!

*Mice raise their spears and chant back at him in their little language*

Gareth finished the little mouse village before they were ready for the group prayer. In the middle of the village was a little shrine to the Unconquered Sun. The mice all bowed down to worship the sun symbols of the shrine.

Jade’s Luck and Ceri gather the others in a group and led them in a prayer of guidance to the Unconquered Sun.

Jade’s Luck: Oh God, we :):):):)ed up. How do you fix things? Oh God, why didn’t you just step on the bugs in the first place if you didn’t want them in Creation?

Unconquered Sun: Do you know what the paperwork is for genocide? It goes on for ever! So much easier to put people in a prison.

In response to who bad these things were, the only response she got was Mostly Annoying.

Jade’s Luck: Well, he didn’t go ‘oh :):):):), oh :):):):). Fix that, you dumbasses!’ He just called us dumbasses a couple times.

Gareth went up on deck and gathered the pirate crew together.

Gareth: We rescued a little tribe of mice.

Pirate #6: Tribe?

Gareth: Tribe.

Jade’s Luck: They have a shaman and stuff.

Tiger: They have little masks and spears.

Pirate #3: Oh. They’re perfectly normal!

Jade’s Luck: Exactly.

Gareth: Don’t kill them unless absolutely necessary. So, unless they attack you en masse, don’t kill them.

The architect spirit wandered around the deck having trouble coming up with what the right color scheme for the boat would be. Gareth was happy that he was having problems.

Last edited:

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 8/28/06

"A-dom Has A Perfectly Normal Ego"

After a couple of days the group realized they were ordinary voodoo mice; they were cannibalistic voodoo mice. They were very effective in hunting down all the other vermin on the ship and eradicating it.

Jade’s Luck spent time trying to teach the mice to pray to the Unconquered Sun. She was limited in communication but got them to continue praying to the altar Gareth built.

After eight days of travel they spotted a much more normal looking island. It had normal vegetation and had a decent sized hill. It was normal sized. The pirates pointed out a fresh water stream.

While Gareth prepared a dinghy, Ceri jumped overboard to swim in. A-dom followed, but watched as Ceri turned into a fish and swam away. He ended up making a big splash. The pirates took another dinghy over with water barrels.

The pirates went about collecting fresh water and bananas while the Circle explored. Gareth was pretty sure there was a town further on down the beach, so he walked off with Tiger and Jahar following him.

Jade’s Luck asked Ceri if she could search underneath the island to make sure it was normal.

A-dom: (mocking Jahar) Can you find out what the principle imports and exports of this island are?

Ceri: Not by swimming under the island.

Ceri turned into a bird and did an aerial survey instead. She found a village at the top of the forested/jungle covered hill. She found some odd hills on the other side of the island that might have been some ruins. She also noticed another island further away that was within traveling distance for the locals.

A-dom spent this time making sand angels. Ceri had the urge to fly over head of the group that had wandered off and crap on them. She decided instead to land and relay the information she had gathered to Jade’s Luck. Eventually Tiger realized Gareth was wrong about a town being on the beach and convinced them to head back.

Once they were reassembled, they briefly discussed not being flashy and not harming the jungle before heading up the hill. A-dom decided to charge head first.

Jahar: We were just talking about not doing that.

All this talking broke A-dom and he went to have a little cry.

A-dom: I’m sorry for all that I’ve done, Unconquered Sun. Please make it stop!

Ceri: That is why Jahar is here. To punish you for your sins.

Jahar: I don’t see how what is so odd about what I said.

A-dom charged again to get away from Jahar. Gareth grabbed on to try and anchor him and make him go slow this time.

The jungle was very rain foresty with lots of housecat sized spiders. The spiders weren’t attacking but they were keeping an eye on these large mammals moving through their forest. There were also lots of small furry creatures that spiders would eat. Gareth noticed none of this since he was paying attention to A-dom.

As they approached the town they saw a little kid who ran into town.

A-dom: I don’t want to kill him at all.

The group stopped to discuss things for a bit.

As they moved up they saw a decent sized barbarian village with some people carrying spears approaching.

Gareth: (in Seatongue) What language do you speak?

The town guard then said something in Yuk Yuk Glor.

Gareth: (in Yuk Yuk Glor) Ah. Good. Greetings.

Gareth explained that they had stopped for fresh water and wanted to explain their presense and make sure it wasn’t a problem. The town guard said that was fine and went to get the Chieftain. The Chieftain wore an old panther headdress.

Gareth made pleasantries with the Chieftain and made an offer to trade. Gareth consulted with Jahar to see if there was something in particular he wanted to trade for. Jahar didn’t have any initial ideas. He negotiated some trade of citrus fruits and other foods for tool type metal weaponry. The villagers wanted to buy foreign foods, but mostly they just had staple foods on the ship, so some grains were added to the deal.

They found out that the Great Forest Spirit protected this village and no one could hunt the spiders because they were its followers.

A-dom: (speaking slowly and loudly) I LIKE SPIDERS TOO! ESPECIALLY IN SOUP!

Gareth found out the other island was the island inhabited by the evil ones. People lived there that invaded, torched their beach village and stolen some of their women five years ago. Now the Great Forest Spirit protected them from the invaders.

Gareth proposed staying at the village for the night to trade stories. The villagers liked that idea.

Jade’s Luck went back down to the beach to talk to the pirates and tell them not to kill any spiders.

Pirate #3: (sticks a sack in the dinghy) Right. No more killing spiders.

Jade’s Luck told them that one was likely okay, but no more killing and no eating it till after they’d left. When she got back, she quickly discussed the spider problem with Ceri. Ceri thought that one spider would be okay and they shouldn’t mention it.

A-dom and Tiger quietly discussed how they were going to go about killing the two villages.

During story time one of the village warriors told story of the night the evil ones came and raided their village. They set the village ablaze and they fought them off with sticks and rocks. After the evil ones ran off with most of their young women folk to be raped and eaten the Great Forest Spirit told them they could come live in the center of the forest and he would protect them. Ever since then the evil ones had not had a successful raid. Gareth had to act as translator.

Jade’s Luck told a story about a man with a feathered hat. Jade’s Luck used some shadow puppet imagery to make it look nifty. Gareth had to act as translator again. The villagers loved it.

Random Villager: Yeah Volcano spirit!

Some little kid told a story about hunting a vicious badger. He talked about losing his spear and the badger eating his shoe and having to bash the badger with a rock.

Ceri told a modified version of her exaltation. Gareth messed up the translation a little.

Random Villager: She fell and broke her banana?

Ceri was able to get the point across by getting those that understood her to get the point across.

Jahar tried to tell a story about a man who wandered into the forest and got attacked by plants and was rescued by the sun. Gareth failed to get the point across and the people didn’t believe it.

Jade’s Luck distracted the confused people by getting dancing going. Alcohol was spread around. A-dom got more drunk than normal but managed to stay awake all night so his disguise charm wouldn’t go down.

In the morning Ceri asked about the shaman and stating her desire to meet him. She was told that the shaman was a hermit and only wanted visitors with serious questions. Ceri told the group they shouldn’t visit him. She then changed her mind and suggested they approach him about his god to better understand their own.

The entire group took the path down to the shaman’s hut. The path started having lots of spider webs around and became an eight foot tall tunnel in spider webs. Jahar put up spirit detecting glance and saw a lot of wood spider spirits. As they went on they saw some broken pillars. Eventually they got to a house on stilts surrounded by spider webs. A little old man came down the ladder to great the group. Jade’s Luck bowed and offered him tea. That made him happy.

As they asked him about the great forest spirit the old man went into a very long and boring story about the great forest spirit being very nifty. He wouldn’t allow anyone to interrupt so Gareth had to wait til the end to sum up what the man said.

When asked what the ruins were the old man said it was a representation of the map of future history. This confused the group a lot.

They asked about the great evil ones. They were apparently rapists, demon worshippers, cannibals, touched by the Wyld, and had three tongues.

Jahar, A-dom, and Tiger started discussing going out and killing the Great Forest Spirit and subjugating the people into worshipping the Unconquered Sun. The shaman wanted to know what they were talking about. Ceri fast talked to explain they were discussing his great god and its relation to their own. She explained that their god created protectors for people. He said that they had room for multiple gods and that, if they went an destroyed the evil ones’ town and brought back proof, they’d worship the sun too.

A-dom: I do believe he said Wyld-touched in a negative term? You completely lost me.

Jade’s Luck supposed that something bad was going to happen over there and they would end up destroying something anyway, so they might as well take advantage of the situation. Ceri explained that they may not crush the evil ones, but they would bring the women back without problem.

Gareth ushered people out before more promises could be made.

On the trek out, Jahar decided to stop and talk to one of the wood spider spirits.

*Paul belches*

Jade’s Luck: (giggling) Hey Jahar, that spirit just belched at you!

Jahar expressed his desire to talk to the Great Forest Spirit. The wood spider spirit told him to wait. While they waited, they each inspected the pillar through the cobwebs to try and see if there was any writing. They each determined that there was no writing on it.

After two hours Jade’s Luck and Jahar heard a large thunking noise as a big spirit approached. As a large hairy spider leg thunked down in between the party, the spirit noticed them. Looking up, the two of them could see a forty foot tall wood spider spirit. The others had no clue what was going on and were getting bored.

Jahar explained that they wanted to get the people to worship the Unconquered Sun in addition to it. It didn’t have a problem with it. They talked for a long time. It was very small when the ruins were whole and it was very far away from him then. They weren’t a temple to any god and they were populated by people like the group. The spirit wandered off while Jahar was talking.

They went back to the boat and started to sail over to the other island. Ceri turned into a bird and flew. Jade’s Luck told the crew it was okay for them to eat the spider now.

Ceri flew over the other island and surveyed. It was a much larger island with several settlements. The island was more rocky and less jungley, more foresty.

As they approached the island, A-dom noticed that it looked familiar to him. Ceri returned to the boat and let the others know what she had seen.

Since it was getting on towards evening by this point they dropped anchor and slept on the boat for the night. In the early morning they took a dinghy and sailed over. Since it was early morning they met up with the fishermen as they were headed for their boats.

Jade’s Luck tried to say hello but the fisherman didn’t speak any language she did.

A-dom: (in Uk Muk Muk Luk Chuk) Hello!

Fisherman: (in Uk Muk Muk Luk Chuk) He’s Back! He’s Back! He’s Back!

The happy fishermen then ran off back towards town.

Jade’s Luck: Do they know you here?

A-dom: I don’t know. There was a lot of drinking involved. Don’t really remember.

Jade’s Luck dragged out of him that he had been here five years ago. There were many accusations about what A-dom had done here. A-dom denied everything.

Jahar: What didn’t you do here?

A-dom: I don’t know.

Jade’s Luck: Our current theory is that he led a raid against the other island

A-dom: You know, if you hang out with some people from the north, you lose a few months here and there, but you wake up and you’ve got money in your pocket. So it must have been good.

The group headed inland after the fishermen while Jade’s Luck badgered A-dom about not being properly respectful and honest to his mother.

Ceri: You told her you had a kid already. Cough it up.

A-dom: Can we go adventuring without the women?

As the group got to the village, it looked more civilized. The warriors had metal spears and looked better trained. They didn’t look like the half-assed militia the other island had.

A-dom greeted the warriors. They were very happy to see A-dom and told him that the chieftain and his daughter were coming.

A-dom: (in Old Realm) Aw :):):):).

Jahar: (in High Realm) What are they saying?

Since A-dom didn’t know High Realm, he just looked at Jahar funny.

Jahar: (in Seatongue) What are they saying?

A-dom: (in Seatongue) Oh, uh, the chieftain and his daughter are coming.

Jade’s Luck found out that the villagers knew a few words of Seatongue, so said they shouldn’t speak in that. The group decided that, since everyone but Ceri spoke Old Realm, that should be the language they used.

A-dom got more nervous when he asked the warrior how the chieftain and his daughter had been since he left and they responded lonely.

Jade’s Luck enjoyed watching A-dom squirm and needled him a little.

Eventually a procession arrived with the chieftain, who was wearing a tiger headdress, his moderately beautiful daughter, and a five year old child with brown hair that looked like A-dom.

Jade’s Luck: (to A-dom) Aren’t you glad you didn’t lie to your mother?

A-dom was grappled by the overly affectionate woman as she yelled out Husband!

She introduced their son as Yuk-Dom.

Jahar: What’s her name, A-dom?

A-dom: Uk-Dom.

Jahar: No, your wife. You do know it, right?

A-dom: I know it. I’m sure!

She said she had been lonely since he had been stolen and that they had taken retribution on those that had taken him.

A-dom’s wife: We thought you were dead!

A-dom: I thought I was dead too… On the high seas! And finally I found my way back!

A-dom’s wife: Yes! Now you can stay here forever!

A-dom: Yes………

The others tried to get A-dom to tell them his wife and the villagers that he hadn’t been stolen by the spider people. He ignored them.

He found out that he hadn’t been coordinated prince yet and they needed to do that. A-dom thought it was neat that he was a prince.

Jade’s Luck: A-dom, what a lovely wife you have. Won’t you introduce her to me?

A-dom: (groaning) Ohhhh.

Jahar: (taking pity on A-dom) Allow me to introduce myself. (in Uk Muk Muk Luk Chuk) We have heard so many stories, many of them vague, about A-dom’s lovely wife. He told me that only you can tell us your name.

A-dom was shocked, and a little disappointed, that Jahar could speak the language.

A-dom’s Wife: (looks at Jahar funny and speaking in Uk Muk Muk Luk Chuk) I am Princess UkYuse. This is my father, Great Chieftain UkFoojoo. This is our child, UkDom.

A-dom: I told you that Jahar. How dare you forget these things. This is my wife!

A-dom explained that he had been hit on the head with a rock and found himself on the seas, but didn’t believe the spider people did it. UkYuse said that it had been them and they had witnesses who saw him dragged off. A-dom said he wanted to meet these great heroes and she said they’d be at the ceremony.

They were all lead to a big ceremony area where A-dom was led up onto a stage with his wife, father-in-law and his child. Jade’s Luck looked for spirits in the area, but found none. Everyone did see three demons walk up onto the stage from behind the stage, though. One was a puddly thing, one was a purple woman and one was an eight armed ape. The people looked up in reverence.

The ‘Great Ones’ greeted A-dom and told him he looked different than the last time they had seen him. He said he had learned more of the ways of the world. He got the distinct impression that the puddle of ooze didn’t believe him.

Jahar looked over the demons from the crowd. He got the impression the ape was an barely intelligent combat demon. The puddle of ooze could have been related to disease or poison and could be intelligent, but couldn’t communicate well with non demons. The purple lady had shark eyes and had something to do with flesh. Not overly powerful, but fairly intelligent.

A-dom told the demons he was a child of the dawn. They said it was good the village would have such a strong protector. A-dom said he was glad they thought so.

The purple demon then told him they would need a piece of flesh for the ceremony. A-dom hesitantly held up his arm. When it peeled off a strip of brown skin, A-dom had to explain that there were complications in the Wyld.

The purple demon asked what he would you the skin combined with. A-dom didn’t know what his choices were, so was told any living creature on this island. He tried to say his wife, but they said he already had a binding relationship with her. He pondered this for a bit. Eventually he said the chieftain. The demon chopped off chieftain’s little toe and turned away from the crowd. A-dom watched as it combined the toe with the brown flesh and formed it into a baby that looked very much like the chieftain and A-dom. A-dom apologized to the chieftain. The purple demon then held the child up for the crowd to see.

Purple Demon; Welcome the newest member of the island of Uk Luk Muk Muk Chuk. (to A-dom) What is his name?

A-dom: SteveUk.

Purple Demon: Uk goes first.

A-dom: Oh. UkSteve.

With the ceremony over, the demons walked off the back of the dais, apparently off a cliff. The chieftain, highly confused by what to refer to his new son grandson, called for more drinks. A-dom happily also called for more drinks. Party commenced.

Jahar went off on his own in the party to gather information. He talked to UkYuk and found out there were three villages on the island. One village was ruled by the Great Chieftain’s cousin and the other by a binding creation. He found out the chieftain’s daughter, the old witch doctor, and the wise women summoned the Great Ones to go rescue the captured A-dom. They were the ones who saw A-dom being dragged off, along with one other. The witch doctor and several of the wise women had since died, as well as the other witness.

Jahar excused himself and explained things to Jade’s Luck.

Jahar went over to A-dom and explained things to him. This went on a strange tangent that led to the following line.

Paul: A-dom, they want you to put the Romance back in Necromancy.

Jahar noticed that he was seriously annoying A-dom’s wife by his presence, so he finished up by telling A-dom they needed a hut close to his, since there were demons about and the group was strongest when together.

A-dom: (cheesy voice) Okay. I will see what I can do. I am the PRINCE, after all. I do have a lot of pull.

Gabe: I wander off. I leave you with my wife…. Your wife.

Ryan: He probably would be all over a wife swap. (cheesy pick-up voice) ‘So, you summon demons, aye? So do I.’[/i]

A-dom went off to party some more while the rest of the group plotted. Jade’s Luck commented to Gareth that it would be very nice to have a matching fan.

A-dom talked to his wife about after he left. She told the wise woman she would do anything possible to get him back. The wise woman brought the others to summon the demon. His wife just held the knife; she didn’t do the chanting. After they had two ‘Great Ones’, the ‘Great Ones’ suggested they summon one more. She said they had been great advisor.

A-dom: (cheesy voice) But now I’m here! Though I may have to go on a trip now and then. I shall show you the WORLD! And possibly my mother.

UkYuse: We can make a special trip to see your mother. And we can bring her back to join the tribe.

A-dom: Yeah… I don’t think she’d like that.

After the party died down, A-dom and his wife went back to their hut where A-dom performed his husbandly duties. He was rather drunk, so passed out afterwards.

The group, at least, remembered A-dom’s problem with sleeping and charms ending and decided it would not be good if his wife woke up to the beast. Jade’s Luck made a nice flower arrangement for A-dom and gave it to Tiger. So Tiger snuck over to the hut in the early morning and put his hand over A-dom’s mouth.

Ryan: Clearly I’m being attacked.

It took a little bit of work for Tiger get A-dom to not attack him anymore and to explain to A-dom what the problem was. A-dom put his charm up, then rolled over and went back to sleep. Tiger woke him up again and made sure he stayed awake this time.

After Tiger left, A-dom waited for his wife to wake up.

A-dom: I’ll spend some time with you, but I have important business to attend to with talking to my friends. Look, I have flowers for you.

She liked the flowers.

A-dom: Don’t summon any more demons, I mean Great Ones today.

She said that the island would be crowded, since they already had three. She said the ‘Great Ones’ were advisors and dealt with angry spirits for them and protected them from invaders.

The next day Jade’s Luck wandered around looking for spirits. She found it odd she wasn’t finding any. She finally found a rock spirit that was trying to hide. She found out that the demons had killed most of the spirits to eliminate the competition.

Jade’s Luck went and got Jahar to talk to the rock. The rock was all for killing the demons. It said the mucky one liked to live in the pool in a specific direction. He said the big one just wandered around and the purple one liked to be in the villages.

Jahar started to ask a time question of the spirit, but stopped, saying it couldn’t answer that. They finished up quickly and wandered away from the rock spirit to make sure it didn’t get in trouble.

Jade’s Luck relayed this new information to the rest of the group. There was lots of talk about letting Tiger ‘solve the problem.’ As we have come to know, letting Tiger ‘solve the problem’ means letting Tiger kill things.

Jade’s Luck wanted to know if the demons could possess the people on The Grumpy Craftsman. Gareth had no clue. Jade’s Luck suggested sending the ship away for a bit to make sure they couldn’t. Gareth was unsure about this course of action. He did tell Jade’s luck that he had just recently learned a charm that grievously injured demons.

Gareth: I like killing demons. Almost as much fun as killing pirates. Only thing better than killing pirates is killing demon pirates.

Jahar checked A-dom over for spells to see what this binding to the island meant. He found nothing beyond the brotherhood spell, but he couldn’t see the Eclipse pacts upon him either.

A-dom: I’m sure it is just something about having to protect the island and its people from harm. I should be able to leave on occasion.

Ceri: And, seriously, they’re safer with you gone.

A-dom: I have to say, this is true.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 9/11/06

"I’m sure it had useful parts..."
By Alwaystoast
This is from my lousy memory, as the recorder failed to do it’s one and only job. So the lines are not accurate to exactly what people said. But I think I got the general jist of what was going on. The very end of the fight, was recorded.

The group spent a lot of time discussing how to get control of the island away from the demons without upsetting the villagers. Many different plans were put forth and rejected and they (the PCs) were all very witty, except Jahar, who mostly confused people.

A-Dom eventually got bored and decided to go talk to Chief Uk-Fuju.

A-Dom: Hi Uk-Dad. I don’t really know what’s going on, on this island, with who is in charge of what. Could you explain it to me?

Uk-Fuju explained that he was chief of the entire island, and that his cousin, and son were the chiefs of the other towns. The other chiefs pay tribute to him.

This led to the discussion that A-Dom’s brother in law, was the uncle and step-brother of Uk-Steve (A-Dom’s son with Uk-Fuju) making A-Dom’s brother in law also his nephew. Which also made A-Dom’s wife (Uk-Yuz), his niece and step-daughter (it’s mildly confusing). Uk-Steve is also A-Dom’s son, and brother in law. Currently the line of succession for who will be chief when (should Uk-Fuju die)... is really confusing.

This conversation led to Uk-Fuju explaining that his son, Chuck-Chuck, was made using his other pinky toe and a leopard. Uk-Fuju said it was between a leopard and a dinosaur, but he figured his son would have a better time with the ladies if he was fuzzy not scaly.

A-Dom: There are Dinosaurs on this island? I so would have chosen a dinosaur if I’d known that. No offense. But I mean, dinosaur child! That’s just too nifty.

A-Dom eventually asked Uk-Fuju what happened to all the old Wise women. He found out that all the original old wise women, involved in the demon summoning had died. There were currently two wise women (just not so old) on the island, one at each village.

So Uk-Fuju took A-Dom to see the dinosaurs, which it turn out were down inside a cave, which was the majority of the interior space of the island.

A-Dom (to Uk-Dad): It’s very important that you don’t let any of the dinosaurs out. They are holding up the island.

Uk-Fuju was very confused by this.

A-Dom then tried to explain that demons were bad. [A-Dom double botched.] So A-Dom, due to some translation errors told Uk-Fuju something along the lines of“The Great Old Ones are very great, but are you sure they are the best Great Old Ones you can get? Maybe there are some better ones, maybe we can get you more? You deserve the very best and most powerful great old ones possible.”

After realizing his errors, A-Dom simply told Uk-Fuju that he had to speak with Jahar, as he could help summon more powerful Demons for them.

The rest of the group was still discussing strategy.

Jade’s Luck: Boy this would be a lot easier if we could... make everybody go to sleep for two days, while we kill the demons. Then we could explain it to them when they wake up. Got a spell for that sorcery boy? You know, make everybody on the island go to sleep?

Jahar: Well I could summon a demon to make everyone on the island go to sleep.

Jade’s Luck: No! No summoning demons to help with the problem of too many summoned demons.

Jahar: Well I really can’t help you then.

The group then had a meeting to discuss what they knew about demons, and what their problem was going to be with getting rid of them. They concluded that their real problem was the demons dematerializing and just walking away. As the group can’t affect dematerialized spirits.

So the best way to deal with the demons and prevent escape, would to be trap them in a warded area. Then fight them inside that area. However the problem was getting the demon inside a warded area in the first place. The idea of warding the entire island, was determined to be impractical.

A-Dom took Uk-Fuju to see Jahar.

Jahar (in Uk Luk Muk Muk Chuck): Ah, chief, we need to speak alone, with me, you, A-Dom and Tiger, all in your hut.

Uk-Fuju is really confused by the idea of being alone with 3 strange men to have a talk. Especially when one of them didn’t even speak his language.

Jahar (in Uk Luk Muk Muk Chuck): What I need to say can not be said here. Out under the open sky. It is not for the sun to hear.

Uk-Fuju and A-Dom both look confused.

Jahar (paraphrased cause I can’t remember his exact words): Maybe if I explain it backwards using more complicated and longer words...

Jade’s Luck (interupting Jahar, and starting to speak in Uk Luk Muk Muk Chuck): Would you like some Tea chief? I’ll have someone send some tea to your hut so you can all have a nice relaxing talk.

Uk-Fuju (eyes glazed over): Yes, that would be nice.

They got to the hut, they were brought tea. After all the servants and women folk left, Jahar nodded A-Dom towards the door. A-Dom blocked the door assuming something bad was about to happen.

Jahar started casting a spell. Uk-Fuju freaked out, Tiger restrained him and held him in place.

Jahar’s Mind Control Speech said:
The Great Ones who lead your society are demons. They are corrupting
your people and your culture. You don't like them, and will help us.
You will lead your people in doing this.

We are Solars, the Chosen of the Sun, and are here to help you. We
are the great Unconquered Sun's servants, and you will be guided by
us. We will have to be quiet, though, until we get rid of the demons,
so do nothing overt until we say so. The Unconquered Sun is great,
wise, and offers you his protection.

Now help us and guide us.

... Jahar waits ...

Understand that demon-summoning, necromancy, and the related arts are
the province of the Chosen and those they follow. It is evil for
normal humans to attempt it, as they cannot control the results.

:::musing::: Your people's understanding the world is paramount to
your success. You should help foster understanding and knowledge
throughout your people, and learn from us. Support us in building and
supporting places of knowledge.

...five minutes ends...

Chief Uk-Fuju is magically forced to believe that statement to be the complete and utter truth.

A-Dom then lead the group off to show them the dinosaurs. The found the well like area that led into the cave and looked in upon the vast area, and the small sun glowing inside the center of it. Jahar, Tiger, and Jade’s Luck were all using Spirit Detecting Glance, and could see the sun was a sun spirit. So they started yelling down to the sun who was several hundred feet away, and in the center of a gigantic cave taking up the interior space of the island.

Jahar: Hello there.

Sun Spirit (Yelling back up at them): Hello!

A-Dom: Do the dinosaurs hold up the island?

Sun Spirit: What? That’s just stupid.

Jahar then explained why A-Dom thought this, because of the island held up by bugs.

Gareth: What’s your name? Are you related to the Unconquered Sun?

Sun Spirit: Uk-Sun. I’m the Unconquered Sun’s great, great, great Nephew.

Jahar (to Gareth): You can’t see or hear him can you?

Gareth: No but I bet he just answered my question.

Jade’s Luck then translated for everyone who could hear or see the spirit. She continued to do so for the rest of the conversation.

Jahar: Do you see any demons down there?

Uk-Sun (after looking around a bit): Yes, that slimy one is down here. In the swamp. Oozing around.

Jahar: Oh good. We want to destroy the demons one at a time. So we were hoping to trap him in there with a warding circle. Would that bother you, do you go in and out?

Uk-Sun: No I don’t move much.

Jahar: Say, could you give us a signal? Like make light come out of the hole if the slimy demon leaves the swamp?

Uk-Sun: I suppose. (Looks around a little) Well after he comes back.

Jahar: What do you mean?

Uk-Sun: Well he left when you started talking about destroying the demons one at a time... You see there is quite an echo down here when people at the top yell into this gigantic cave.

Alex: Well, we managed to go a full session before monumentally screwing up. I think we need a ‘we haven’t screwed up in x number of sessions’ board.

There was then a brief ‘argument’ bout how Jahar thought the demons had already known we wanted to kill them. The subject was dropped.

Jahar: How does the slime demon get in and out?

Uk-Sun: Well the water gets into the swamp somehow... So there must be a way in and out.

The group then decided to continue heading towards the other village while they sent Ceri off to look for the 8 armed Ape demon.

The Group finally decides to ambush the Ape Demon just outside of the second town. So they have A-Dom clear an area, then Gareth built a pit (think a ring or a circular trench). Then A-dom wanders off (we’ll deal with that in a minute). Then Jahar built a binding circle inside the pit, out of branches of trees and rocks, leaving off a few pieces so it would not affect the demon until finished. They then covered it over with dirt, so it could not be disrupted.

A-Dom went off to town to make friendly. He found the leader of the town, Chuck-Chuck, who was a Leopard-Beastman created using flesh from the Chieftain Uk-Fuju and a Leopard. Chuck-Chuck and A-Dom got along pretty well. As Chuck-Chuck warmed up to him [and as A-Dom purchased more Presence instantly, as it’s one of his favored abilities, so he could get Chuck-Chuck to like him]. A-Dom managed to get some information about how the local power structure was set up. He also managed to point out that it might be possible for Chuck-Chuck to have offspring with things other then humans. A-Dom also promised to trade a Monkey to Chuck-Chuck for a dinosaur (since Chuck-Chuck had never seen a monkey, and A-Dom told him monkeys make the best ninja...).

Eventually A-Dom got back to the group. They put A-Dom and Jade’s Luck inside the circle, with Gareth and Tiger hiding in trees nearby, and Jahar hiding behind some bushes, in place to finish the circle. They then had Jade’s Luck bleed into a pot of water, which they put over a small fire. As they were using the smell of virgin blood to attract the demon, but they didn’t know how long it would take. Jade’s Luck decided to lie down to look more weak and helpless.

The 8 armed Ape Demon showed up rather more promptly then they expected. He swung in from the trees and landed just outside the edge of the binding circle.

A-Dom: (In Old Realm) You want to fight me chicken boy?

Ape (barley able to speak Old Realm in a guttural voice): For her blood?

Jade’s Luck: (In Old Realm) Hey! He has no right to my blood.

Ape (Sad and Confused in Old Realm): Oh...just here for the blood. You want to fight me for your blood?

Jade’s Luck: (In Old Realm) No! I’m all weak and helpless.

Ape: (In Old Realm) Maybe you should get a champion (looks at A-Dom) and if I beat champion, I get your blood.

Jade’s Luck: (In Old Realm) That doesn’t make any sense at all.

The 8 armed Demon Ape became completely confused by being drawn to a fight... then not having anyone who wanted to fight him.

Ape (To A-Dom (In Old Realm)): You too weak and cowardly to fight me anyway. Stand no chance against me in single combat.

A-Dom: (In Old Realm) That’s it! I accept! *A-Dom makes his club appear*

So the Ape launched at him, and grappled him with all his arms, and took A-Dom along with him as he flew through the air. As this was happening Jahar lunged in and finished the binding circle. So the Demon Ape hit the far side of the binding circle like it was a brick wall... but unfortunately for A-Dom, he kept his grip on A-Dom. So it was much like A-Dom hitting a wall as well.

A-Dom decided to Monkey Leap strait up, and slam the Ape into the ground on the way down. Unfortunatly, the Ape did not agree with him, and A-Dom managed to be the one who hit the ground in the worse possition, still pinned by the Ape. The ape then started to crush A-Dom.

At about this time, everyone else decided to join the one on one combat. The Ape then decided to Bite A-Dom, on the neck, which was very... not good for A-Dom.

Ryan: I’m at -4, I’m still standing!

Dan: You’re not so much standing, as you are being held up.

Jade’s Luck hit the demon with Castigating Solar Judgment "Die Foul Demon of Darkness" for a stupid amount of Aggravated Damage, twice. Then Tiger hit the horribly wounded Ape, cutting it in half... and knocking A-Dom incapacitated. Tiger then grabbed A-Dom and make sure he didn’t accidentally get his throat torn out as he and the Demon Ape corpse fell to the ground.

Alex: Gareth will hop down and give him a “touch.”

Ryan: Dude! *pause* Help! I need an adult!

A-Dom (while Unconscious): Err... I clot!

Gareth then used Touch of Blissful Release on A-Dom.

Jahar then went over to poke at the demon, to learn from it. Jade’s Luck then walked over.

Jade’s Luck: Are you done?

Jahar: Have you ever seen such a wonderful specimen?

Jade’s Luck: Probably in half a second. *zorch* (Jade’s luck turns the body to ash)

Jahar: I’m sure it had useful parts...

Jade’s Luck: You can study the pile of ash. :)

A-Dom (still unconcious) Stupid monkey.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Synopsis of 9/25/06

"Two monkeys for three slaves!"

-First third by AO the Overkitty and second two-thirds by AlwaysToast

As Ceri was flying after the demon-ape, she noticed an old man weeping over an old woman in the forest. Figuring she could easily find the ape later, she flew down a little away from the man and changed into her human form. As she approached the old man, he was kneeling next to the old woman, stooped over her.

Ceri: Are you alright?

Old Man: She is so sick.

Ceri: She wasn’t this bad when you left?

Old Man: No.

Leaning over to inspect the old woman, Ceri noticed that the old woman’s body was covered in wyld soars and other dark lesions. The wyld soars appeared to be causing all of her extremities to be rotting off.

Old Man: You cannot cure her alone. She is sick because the gods failed her. They said their servants would protect her. The leaders were not wise, but they were made to do the impossible, so they could do anything to keep her safe. Their mates were made to keep safe all that they conquered. For keeping things the same while always changing is their strength. There were advisors to both to council them on how best to do their jobs, but nothing good can be said of them now. The last were made to serve all, to make sure all the little things were done, for they are weak but they are many. Despite their hubris, they continue to try.

When the man then turned to face Ceri she recognized him as not a man but Luna. And Luna’s face was filled with anger.

Luna: Why have the Exalted forgotten their duties? Why are you letting Gaia die?

As Luna looked back down at where the woman was lying, Ceri looked down and realized she now at the roof of the world, looking down at all of Creation. She could see all of the Wyld soars and dark areas that were spread out across Creation.

Ceri then snapped back to reality, noticing she was still flying along, but now she was plummeting towards the ground. She managed to pull out of her nose dive and get back up to a respectable height. She noticed it was now much later and the demon ape’s path turned around to head back towards the group, so she turned around and flew back. She managed to get back to the group just as Jade’s Luck finished off the demon ape.

Gareth: I believe that the Purple Demon, once she knows we’re trying to kill them, will move to the main village very quickly. I doubt it will take her long at all to notice that Uk-Fuju has been mind:):):):)ed by Jahar and will possibly be able to counterspell it. If she can, she can easily spell a tale of us trying to take over their island and overthrow the great ones to oppress the people. The demons also know that A-dom doesn’t actually look like he used to so she can use this to say he is an imposter that we are trying to foist on the island to take over.

I believe that Jahar, Jade’s Luck and Tiger need to high tail it for the village to take care of the situation there. They are powerful enough and have the right abilities to take on the demons alone if necessary. The chief concern is making sure the demons don’t mess with Uk-Fuju or A-dom’s wife and children.

I would like Ceri are going to have to stay behind and protect A-dom. After I finish binding up A-dom for this hour I can make a litter and we can carry him. We should be able to protect A-dom and ourselves.

A-dom needs people to forget who he is.

Jade’s Luck agreed to A-dom needing to be forgotten, but wasn’t sure about the rushing back to the village. Jahar objected to referring to what he did to Uk-Fuju as mind:):):):)ing. Jahar felt that the purple demon would go to whatever village the Solars didn’t. Gareth felt she’d still go to the Head Chieftain’s village, since he was the power head on this island.

Jahar suggested that they go to all of the villages quickly, but no one else thought that was a viable plan.

They argued for eighteen minutes until A-dom woke up.

A-dom: It hurts. Make it better.

Gareth: I’m working on it. You shouldn’t feel too bad. I already gave you the feel good touch.

A-dom: I need an adult.

Jade’s Luck: A-dom. The demons know who your family is.

*A-dom groans*

Jade’s Luck: The demons know who you are.

A-dom: Can we kill them now?

Jade’s Luck: Oh, um, well, you’re kind of in the owwie place.

A-dom: Did I win?

Jade’s Luck: Yes. The demon is all a nice pile of ashes now.

A-dom: Oh, uh, I don’t do that…

Tiger: She did it after you beat it.

Jade’s Luck: Jahar was looking at it for parts.

Jahar: I was just LOOKING at it.

Jade’s Luck: But it might be a good idea for people to forget who you are. Can you not do any muffin catastrophies or anything like that?

Gareth: (to A-dom) We need people to forget who you are. It is very important that you DO NOT LIE to us. Very, VERY important.

A-dom: Okay.

Jade’s Luck: Something like ‘you’re a circle member, we don’t remember you because you’re hiding from the demons.’ That would be good. Cause we’re all about the killing of the demons.

Gareth: No saying you’re a new solar coming from who knows where or Queen of Atlantis or Jade’s Luck’s poor, tortured victim.

A-dom: I AM that, though. I am her poor, tortured victim. Look at me.

Gareth: Yes, but when you do that, things are always worse when we remember you again.

A-dom: Should things be written down that don’t reference me?

Gareth: I don’t have any paper.

A-dom: If this doesn’t work, it is officially not my fault and you have to go find me a new island. If my family dies, it’s on your heads.

Jade’s Luck worried that going to protect his family would paint a target on them. Gareth pointed out that they already had a target on their heads because they were the leaders of the island.

Jade’s Luck argued a little over her concerns for the family and everyone in the village dieing if a fight broke out.

A-dom: Ready? To forget everything you just planned?

Gareth: You’ll just have to refresh our memories.

A-dom then erased himself from existence. Gareth tried hard to not forget A-dom, buying another dot of Lore, but failed like everyone else to remember him. Gareth knew what he was doing to this strange man and the brotherhood spell allowed him to know exactly where he was, but everything else was a complete blank.

A-dom: Hi Gareth. I got hurt by a demon.

Gareth: Who are you?

A-dom: I’m A-dom.

Jade’s Luck: You poor thing. How did you get so hurt.

A-dom: The demon monkey.

Gareth: You really shouldn’t let demons do that.

A-dom: I agree.

Jade’s Luck: Did it attack you before we trapped it? I’m so sorry. We should have killed it sooner.

A-dom: Yes. I agree. I have family. The demon is going to kill them.

Jade’s Luck: That’s not good. So we should kill the demons first.

A-dom: You should kill the demons first. I should lay here.

Jade’s Luck: Yes. You should get better. Why do I feel like I know you?

A-dom: Because you’re bat-:):):):) crazy?

That didn’t set off Judge’s Ear, so Gareth figured A-dom truly believed this.

Jade’s Luck: poor thing. You’re delirious.

A-dom: Long story short. There’s demons. They want to kill me and my family. I used a charm for everyone to forget me, so everyone doesn’t know me. But they still want to kill my family, I think, because my family is in charge.

Jade’s Luck: So you’re a prince on this island?

A-dom: Yes. I’m the son of Uk-Chuck. No wait… uh…

Tiger: Uk-Fuju?

A-dom: Uk-Fuju! And Uk-Youse is my wife.

A-dom noticed Ceri’s strange look at him.

A-dom: (to Ceri) I’m your husband!

Ceri: Once upon a time.

Jahar: Okay. You made everyone forget you. What is your goal now?

A-dom: My goal? To help you guys defeat the demons while I sit here and try not to bleed more? As soon as Gareth is finished fixing me, I’m going to help you.

Jahar asked where they should go first. A-dom stressed that they should go to Uk-Fuju’s village first, since that was where his family was.

Jahar was pretty sure A-dom was being truthful, because, amazingly enough, A-dom was being truthful.

Gareth: He hasn’t dinged.

A-dom: (to Jahar) Your moms a bitch.

Gareth: Still hasn’t dinged.

Jahar: You apparently have some knowledge of my family history. My grandmother is a bitch too.

A-dom: That’s a scary thought. I haven’t met her yet.

Jahar: I hope she’s dead.

Jahar asked Gareth if he could make a litter that could be mounted on a large wind wolfhound.

Gareth: Probably. Wouldn’t he just drop to the ground when the wolf goes poof?

Jahar: Well you’d want him off the wolfhound before the eight hours is up or the winds will tear through the litter.

*Paul lets loose a belly laugh|*

A-dom: I don’t like this conversation!

Jahar asked Gareth what he’d need to build the litter. Gareth gave a list of items. Jade’s Luck brought up the nearby village and asked if they should go visit it. A-dom said no. Jahar thought it would be a good idea to check it out.

A-dom: No! Uk-Fuju’s! The village is fine. I checked on it earlier, you just don’t remember.

Jahar, Tiger, and Jade’s Luck wandered out into the forest. Jahar and Tiger brought back sticks while Jade’s Luck found everything else.

Once Gareth finished binding up A-dom he put the litter together while Jahar cast his spell to summon the wolfhound. A-dom coughed blood at it. They securedA-dom on the litter and then the litter on the wolfhound.

As they started walking towards Uk-Fuju’s village, Jade’s Luck wondered why they were marching towards the village of innocent mortals. She then told Ceri the tale of the village on Elemental island where everyone died.

Gareth looked over at A-dom and noticed something.

Gareth: Hey, Jahar. You gave him your bracers.

Jahar: What?!

Tiger: yeah. Why did you give him an artifact. That makes no sense.

Gareth: I’m just going to go along with his story that he is using a charm to erase himself from existence and he is actually part of our group. Because he’s not lying about any of this.

Jade’s Luck: Okay.

A-dom: I hate muffins.

Gareth: That’s a lie. So now we know the charm is working.

A-dom: I break for Malfeans.

Gareth: I think that’s a… truth.

Jade’s Luck: What do you break for Malfeans?

A-dom: Usually Malfeans.

Ceri turned into a bird and flew up to do a survey. She noticed that a runner had been dispatched from Chuck-Chuck’s village and was heading towards Uk-Fuju’s village. She flew down and told the group.

Jahar: Jade’s Luck. You and I want to go intercept him. (pause) Tiger, if we shout, you want to run fast and trip him?

As an after thought, the rest of the group all turned to Tiger and said, No killing.

Tiger: I can go along with that. I guess.

A-dom: Bring him closer. I’ll chew on him.

Jade’s Luck: Are you a cannibal? (pause) Not that there is anything wrong with that.

A-dom: I’m not answering that question. What I happen to do on Friday nights while alone…

Jade’s Luck and Jahar stood right in the guy’s path and waited while the others hung out to the sides. Tiger made sure to hide himself well.

As the runner approached, he spotted Jahar and Jade’s Luck and ran up to them.

Runner: I found you.

Jahar: You found us?

Runner: Yes, you are the strange ones, yes?

Jahar: Yes.

Runner: The Great Old One wanted me to deliver to you a message. She wishes to negotiate with one of you. (Pause) So send your negotiator to Chuck-Chuck’s villiage alone, and there will be nice peaceful negotiation.

Jade’s Luck: And if not?

Runner: I do believe women and children start dying.

Jahar: You’re women and children?

Runner: (confuse) She was unclear about that.

Jade’s Luck: So your Great Old One is going to...

Runner (thinking real hard): They must be your women and children.

Jahar: We don’t have any women and children.

Jade’s Luck: We don’t have any women and children. I’m the only women... well no.

Jahar: Maybe the Great Old One is going to kill your own people.

Runner: That’s possible.

Jahar: You find that as odd?

Runner: Wel, nowl I’d really only one of you to show up.

Jahar: Are you afraid of the Great Old ones?

Runner looks at Jahar like he’s stupid.

Jahar (in High Realm): I think our friend is waiting right here waiting for a reply. So we should talk in a different language.

Jade’s Luck (in High Realm): Right. Which is good cause I can barely speak Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck.

Jahar (in High Realm): Well I can bind any agreement we make with the demon, but I don’t think we really want to negotiate with it. But it’s going to start killing people if we don’t show up and negotiate showing some sort of face.

Jade’s Luck (in High Realm): Well the question is, is she going to start killing people, or is the other one going to do it.

Jahar (in High Realm): Unknown.

Jade’s Luck (in High Realm): Cause I feel I can hold my own against this thing.

Jade’s Luck wanders over to talk to A-Dom. Jahar and the Runner follow.

Jade’s Luck (in High Realm to A-Dom): If the demon forgot you, and is in the villiage, would you like to come along? (Pause) Well when you’re feeling better?

A-Dom: No, cause I remember them looking at me and going “you’re weird,” and I said “yea, I’m a solar,” and they said “oh that makes sense,” so they can tell that I’m... (pause) not mortal.

Jade’s Luck: Ah, that’s good to know.

Ryan: Any problem you have, just take a lighter to it.

Jahar (in High Realm): So obviously it’s a trap and we have to send in a sacrificial lamb who can survive. I can enforce any agreement that we come to with this demon, but I don’t think we want to come to an agreement with this demon.

Ceri, and Tiger come out of the woods to join this discussion, since Jade’s Luck already moved over to A-Dom and Gareth, and Jahar and the Runner followed her. The group starts discussing things.

Jahar (in High Realm, halfway through a though): wait... we all speak High Realm right?

Ceri looks at him funny.

Jade’s Luck (in Old Realm): We’ll I’ll just translate into Old Realm for her.

Ceri looks at her funny.

Gareth hands the Runner some Beef Jerky.

Jahar (looking exasperated switches to Low Realm): Do you at least speak low realm?

Ceri (in Sea Tongue) : I don’t understand. I speak Sea Tongue and a number of barbarian languages.

Jade’s Luck (in Sea Tongue): But he might know Sea Tongue.

Ceri (in Sea Tongue): I barley care what you all are saying anyway, so go right ahead.

Tiger (in Hoen Ba): Do you speak Hoen Ba? (Pause, realizes everyone speaks Sea Tongue) Well at least we have some languages in common...

The Runner communicates with Gareth via basic pantomime that he would like some water. Gareth gives him some.

Jahar (in Sea Tongue): I don’t know Hoen Ba. (To Ceri) So you don’t want to be involved in this conversation, as you are kind of in this group with us.

Lori: That was Lori speaking not Ceri.

Alex: But it sounds so much better when Ceri says it. So it’s going in the synopsis that way.

Jahar (in Sea Tongue): The Runner has a message for us from the Great Old One, the Purple One, who resides in Chuck Chuck now, who asks us, she requests, an emissary, a single one, to negotiate with her. And if this does not happen, women and children start dying. The runner is a little confused about who’s women and children.

Jahar glances over at the Runner to see if he is following the conversation, which he isn’t cause he’s just kind of standing around drinking water and eating beef jerky that Gareth gave him.

Rest of conversation in Sea Tongue, unless otherwise noted.

Jahar: While I can hold it to any agreement we come to, I think all we want is them off this island.

Jade’s Luck: No we want them out of creation. Preferably destroyed.

Jahar (kind of deflated): That’s actually what I ment.

Ceri: Well they go back to malfeas, not really destroyed, destroyed.

Jade’s Luck (very happy): Oh yes you can.

Tiger: Soon... Give me two days... then I can make it permanent.

Jahar: So what do we do? This runner is waiting to take a message back to the Purple Lady.

Gareth: Actually I think he’s waiting to take our representative back.

Jade’s Luck: We could always ask him cause he’s standing right there.

Everybody looks at the Runner.

Jahar: I did, and he said “that would be great.”

A-Dom (point’s at Jade’s Luck): ...with the whole “I eat demons for breakfast.”

Jahar: Which is true but I can make the agreements binding which is a benefit as well. This is ether a honest negotiation, or an honest negotiation with a large trap laid on top of it.

Jade’s Luck (confused): Why would it be an honest negotiation?

Jahar: We killed their only warrior.

Jade’s Luck: We killed their obvious warrior.

A-Dom: Ok we have a plan. (looking at Jade’s Luck) You go in and kill things, and if you need us you spuush! *makes flamy noises and pantomimes an anima growing outwards*

Jahar (to A-Dom): maybe you should stay here.

A-Dom (happy due to the pain reduction charm Gareth put on him): Oh, no I’m fine. I feel great, I could go for a walk.

Jade’s Luck: Should I insist the negotiation happen a ways away from the villiage? So that... you know mortals...

The group discusses any alternate locations they could use to have a “good faith” negotiation, unfortunately the only location similar to what they want, is the location where they ambushed and killed the 8 armed demon ape. So the group decides to tell the Runner that they will send their emmassary will arrive in a half an hour.

A-Dom: I know, the sacrifice pit!

Jahar: The WHAT?

A-Dom: Sacrifice pit.

A-Dom (very slow): Sac-ri-fice Pit. There was a large clearing around it. It’s in town.

Jahar: What’s in the sacrifice pit?

A-Dom: Umm... things they sacrifice?

Jahar: Can you describe it?

A-Dom: There is a pit. There is a... chopping block, made out of stone.

Jahar: This might be a good place to meet the demon.

Jade’s Luck: Well it will make her feel right at home. Keep my mind on the buisness at hand.

Jahar (in Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck, to the Runner): Tell the Great Old One we...

Jahar (stops and turns back to Jade’s Luck): Are you comfortable to meeting with the demon in the sacrifice pit?

Jade’s Luck: No.

Jade’s Luck: No. And that’s good. Cause you should never be COMFORTABLE meeting with a demon in a sacrifice pit.

Jahar: Oh.

The group breaks into an argument at this point about what village they are going to. Everyone blames Ryan for naming this location Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck.

A-Dom: Yea you’re going to Chuck-Chuck’s villiage, not Uk-Fuju’s villiage. (Very happy) They're probably already dead.

Jade’s Luck: You don’t have to sound that happy about it.

Jahar (in Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck, to the Runner): Tell the Great Old One we...

Jahar and Jade’s Luck start arguing about problems killing demons because they can dematerialize. Tiger wants the group to delay, but A-Dom expresses his desire for this to be taken care of right away.

Jahar (in Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck, to the Runner, for the third time): Tell the Great Old One we are sending out emissary to meet with her in an hour. Only the emissary will enter the village will enter the village. We would like the meeting to be inside the Sacrifice Pit. With Few to no mortals around.

The Runner looks at Jahar like’s he is crazy when he talks about meeting in the Sacrifice pit, but runs off to deliver the message.

Runner: What’s an “hour?”

Jahar: Unit of time... short...

The group explains what an hour is accurately, based on how far the sun moves through the sky, so the Runner is not totally confused. Then the Runner leaves. Then the group moved as close to the Village of Chuck-Chuck as they felt safe, without actually going into it.

Jahar (to Jade’s Luck): Well get to it. (Turns to Ceri who has been standing with the group the entire time) So what’s going on in the village? (Ceri looks at him like he’s an idiot) Oh I just assumed you’d been flying around. Could you go check? I don’t want to send her into an actual trap, like the entire village. She’ll feel really bad if she has to kill the village.

Jade’s Luck: I won’t do that, I’ll just bounce away. Just villagers I can take care of that, I can run away.

So Ceri flys off, and doesn’t see anything strange, abnormal, or trap like going on in the village.

The Runner comes back... with spots in his eyes from trying to tell time by looking directly at the sun.

Jade’s Luck (Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck to the Runner): Tea?

The rest of the Party: Where the hell did that come from?

Gabe: You know, I completely believe she can pull tea out of nowhere.

The Runner escorted Jade’s Luck into the village. Tiger of course snuck after them to get as closes as he could without getting spotted.

The group starts discussing things exploding.

A-Dom: Can we please not kill mortals?

A-Dom: Those things that fall down, that when we do bad things. Yea, those. I don’t want to :):):):) this up.

The group moves even closer to the village so they can be as close as possible. The group then argues about how far out of the village they agreed to stay. So they decide that if they are still among the trees, they are not in the village.

So Jade’s Luck enters the village. On the way in Jade’s Luck activated a few charms... making her glow... just short of the level of glow that might be considered the “help” signal. So she was all impressive when she approached. The approached the Sacrifice pit, which was a ten foot deep pit in the ground with a four foot earthen wall around the top (so a 14 ft leap to get out of it). At the bottom she saw a humanoid in a black robe with a deep cowl covering it’s head, along with the “stone chopping block” as described by A-Dom.

Jade’s Luck jumped down into the pit. She then saw the leopard like head under the cowl.

This conversation is in Sea Tongue.

Cowled Figure (very happy): Well hello there.

Jade’s Luck: Are you the Great Old One?

Chuck-Chuck: Oh, no, I’m Chuck-Chuck.

Jade’s Luck: Well, hello Chuck-Chuck.

Chuck-Chuck: I am the leader of this village, I am here to negotiate for the Great Old One. She thought you might be coming to attack her.

Jade’s Luck: Oh... why would she think that?

Chuck-Chuck (Shrugs): Apparently, it’s what you do.

Jade’s Luck: Well is your Great Old One a Demon? Cause I defiantly don’t like them.

Chuck-Chuck: Me not know word, “Demon.” No word like that in Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck.

Jade’s Luck: So the runner mentioned something about the slaughter of innocents.

Chuck-Chuck (confused): Umm... I wasn’t told anything about that.

Jade’s Luck explains what they were told by the Runner.

Chuck-Chuck: Hmm... Ah ha, her ruse worked. She is a very wise Great Old One.

Jade’s Luck: So you don’t think it was her intent to harm any of your people.

Chuck-Chuck (happy): Nope. She is a very smart Great Old One.

Jade’s Luck: So who does she hurt?

Chuck-Chuck: Umm... no one really. Occasionally she makes people out of... things...

Jade’s Luck: So what gets sacrificed in this pit?

Chuck-Chuck: Goats... occasional person from the other islands... to the Great Old One *makes a horrific noise in place of a name*.

Jade’s Luck: Which one is that?

Chuck-Chuck: The eight armed one. He really liked sacrifices, thought we should have them more often.

Jade’s Luck: What about the Purple Lady?

Chuck-Chuck: Nope, didn’t like the sacrifices so much.

Jade’s Luck: So what does she like?

Chuck-Chuck: Umm... she likes getting more flesh for making more creatures.

Jade’s Luck: Hmm... that’s very odd.

Chuck-Chuck: Yes well. (Looking at himself) I can’t complain really. I like being me. I have a new brother-in-law. But we can’t figure out where the other half came from... she got some flesh from somewhere... but can’t remember where or who.

Jade’s Luck: Oh.

Chuck-Chuck: Anyway the Great Old One would like to arrange for your people to not kill her. In exchange she will live on this island, and not kill anyone. Unless in self defense.

Jade’s Luck: Well of course, I’ll have to talk to my people about this.

Chuck-Chuck: Of course. I even have it as a written out form. (He hand’s Jade’s Luck a piece of paper full of text in Old Realm).

Liz: I bet this is Loop-hole-rific.

As Jade’s Luck reads it over, she finds it to be a rather complex, and thorough document which is basically what Chuck-Chuck said, but covers more specifics.

Chuck Chuck also explains that they may bring the “Diplomat” to enforce the contract as well.

Jade’s Luck takes it back to Gareth to read it. So she hops out of the pit.

Basics of the Contract:
On the contract, Zokaz is written in Demonic script. Which prevented them from leaning the name until they talked to her.

This deal is with Zokaz and only Zokaz (also known as the Purple Lady).

The Exalts on the island will not kill, attempt to kill, attack, attempt to destroy her physical form, physically torture, attempt to banish, or bring in others to kill or do any of the things listed to Zokaz.

Zokaz will stay on this island.

Zokaz will not kill any human except in self defense. She will not torture, maim wound, unreasonably hurt, mortals as well, unless in self defense.

Zokaz will not help summon or encourage the summoning of Great Old Ones (Demons), Fair Folk, Undead or other “unseemly beings.”

Zokaz has a right to keep any flesh given to her willingly from a donor, or the flesh of animals given to her by a mortal. She has the right to make that flesh into beings/creatures as she sees fit. She has the right to perform functions that will let get flesh, as long as she does not kill anyone and the person with whom she is negotiating voluntarily submits to anything they ask her to do to themselves.

Chuck Chuck will oversee the negotiations and sign the papers as well as a witness. The Exalts will sign it, Chuck Chuck will sign it, and then Zokaz will sign it.

The group goes into great discussion about if this is a good deal or not. Jade’s Luck also explained all the information she got out of Chuck Chuck. So really the major problem was: They can’t kill the demon, and she can keep making “things” with donated flesh. Tiger was very opposed to this idea, and A-Dom kept yelling “no killing my Son!

Jahar was concerned that she could turn the villagers against them. So the group decided that some provisions needed to be added to the agreement. There was VAST arguing about what should be included, and exactly how it should be spelled out.

Jade’s Luck and Ceri were the two big supporters of the agreement. Which made Jahar very nervous.

Tiger: Think positive Jahar, they are slowly being worn down. Eventually they’ll let you summon demons.

Jade’s Luck: Maybe we can get it to agree to worship the Unconquered Sun?

Everyone in the group with Occult (and Gareth who has no occult) kind of gets a convulsive twitch and Jahar says: Nope, that’s not going to happen.

Tiger again brought up the idea of killing anything the demon made, the moment it was “born.” A-Dom brought up Tiger’s “hobby” of killing orphans again. Tiger argued that they were not orphans...

Gabe: I’m writing this down.

Liz: Will there be a pie chart!?!

Things they added to the Contract:

No more promoting Warlike Culture. Specifically: no promoting raiding or aggressive actions. Self Defense and encouraging Self Defense is OK.

Zokaz may not be a Ruler or Leader in any form. She may act as an advisor, but only if someone asks her to provide advise.

No turning the populous against us, or our religion(s).

Gareth wrote these out with his bureaucracy-fu, using charms. Specifically got 8 successes on writing them. Gareth when totemic, so everyone got to see the giant golden grizzly bear, sitting there, leaning over, looking at the paperwork.

Jade’s Luck: Wow, that paper work’s really a bear, huh?

A-Dom (to Gareth): Oh my god, we’re natures enemies... sharks and bears...

Everybody looks at A-Dom like he’s crazy.

The group then all signed the modified version of the contract.
A-Dom
Jade’s Luck
Gareth
Sesus Weijin Jahar
Patient Tiger
Ceri

Jade’s Luck and Jahar went back to the sacrifice pit to discuss things with Chuck-Chuck. Chuck-Chuck was nervious as he didn’t really like waiting around in the Sacrifice Pit.

Lori: But, we picked it because it’s mortal free.

Paul: Chuck-Chuck would disagree with that statement.

Jahar (to Chuck-Chuck in Uk Luk Muck Muck Chuck): My what an unpleasant place. You know how the Great Old One was afraid we were coming to kill her... (Chuck-Chuck starts looking really nervous) We were afraid she was going to try to kill us. And if that happens sometimes there are casualties in the area. So we wanted it in an area where your mortals wouldn’t die. So really we were thinking about you.

Jade’s Luck: We figured most people not stupid enough to hang around sacrifice pit if big noisy fight.

They hand over the agreement and point out that there are some changes.

Chuck-Chuck: Ok, you wait here.

Chuck-Chuck goes through a small door on one side of the sacrifice pit.

Jahar things of something he wanted to add to the contract.

Jahar: Don’t worry, we can always write it in. We have the contract.

Jade’s Luck: No we can’t, Chuck Chuck just walked off with it.

Jahar: Well at least we haven’t signed it yet... wait...

Jade’s Luck looks at Jahar like he’s an idiot.

About twenty minutes later, the group feels a tingly sensation along their spine. Chuck-Chuck comes with Zokaz (the Purple Lady), and hands them the signed (by everyone) contract.

Zokaz (to Jahar): Now if you would care to enforce it as well.

Jahar: One question, are you the one driving away all the local spirits?

Zokaz explains that it was the slime demon who was doing that. And that he has left the area and she has no way to track him. On top of which, she just signed a contract with them stating that she would stay on this island.

Jahar then bound the contract as written, and everyone, including Zokaz, Chuck-Chuck, and Jade’s Luck put their hands in.

Jahar: What’s your Name?

Zokaz: Zokaz. (Pronouced Zo Kaz)

Dan: So did we actually succeed at something?

Gabe: Well we just agreed to let this demon live on our island Forever.

Lori: Shut up, we succeeded, we didn’t let any mortals die. This is the best deal we can get.

Dan: And the cherry on top: The island DID NOT SINK!

GM breaks down laughing, as the benchmark for success in his game, is “No Islands were sunk in the conclusion of this plan.

Jade’s Luck: Would you like to have tea with us and meet the rest of the group.

Zokaz didn’t need tea, but she was willing to come meet the rest of them, since they couldn’t attack and kill her.

Jahar: Why do you like it here?

Zokaz: Are you kidding me? Dinosaurs! As soon as someone asks me to combine them with a dinosaur... (claps her hands together and starts looking all happy) You want have a kid with a dinosaur? (Jahar starts thinking about this...)

Jade’s Luck started discussing importing monkeys to the island..

They pumped Zokaz for information about the other demons, but basically got very little.

A-Dom: So we don’t know where the blob went? Great so we have a 1 in 6 chance that we are going to get back to a dead spider island.

Jahar (to A-Dom): I think we can remember you now.

Jade’s Luck: Wait what about the slime demon...

A-Dom (who everyone now remembered): Too late.

Zokaz (remembering who A-dom is): Wow, that’s so annoying.

The group discusses A-Dom’s current and future children, and how freakish they will appear, and what they will do about them.

A-Dom: I need an adult! What the hell is wrong with this group!?!

They then started discussing things that Zokaz has made on the island. Chuck Chuck, Uk Steve, and a Crab-Goat. Apparently the Crab-Goat went off into the ocean and hasn’t been seen since. “Part human works best, cause then they are smarter and don’t wander off as much.

Jahar: Wow, you could use crab-goats to defend your mountainous island home...

Group decides to go Chuck Chuck’s village so they would be more comfortable.

So the group realized that they could question Zokaz about the night Prince A-Dom disappeared five years ago.

According to Zokaz, the slime demon was summoned first, then the villagers summoned Zokaz to translate for the slime demon, then they helped the villagers summoned the 8 armed demon ape.

A-Dom: I never remember to ask the right :):):):)ing questions. Cause if I’d known he (slime demon) would have been first on the list!

Zokaz: The villagers explained that the Prince had been kidnapped in the middle of the night. So the demons went off to look for him, and we saw him sailing away in a boat from another village. So we encourage the villagers to go and get their prince back.

Jahar: Who actually saw this?

Zokaz: The other two, they have very good night sight.

Jahar: Fancy that.

Zokaz (to A-Dom): So why were you fleeing with people from the other village?

A-Dom (confused): There were other villagers there?

Zokaz: You were drinking a lot, weren’t you?

A-Dom: Yea, I was...

Jahar: Wait, so there actually was an attack?

Zokaz: Well they kidnapped him.

Jade’s Luck: We don’t think he was kidnapped. We think he didn’t want to forfill all his marital duties.

Zokaz (To A-Dom): Were you from that Pirate Island originally?

Everyone but A-Dom: Pirate Island?!?

A-Dom (dead pan): I don’t know what you are talking about... There is no Pirate Island around here. *DING: Gareth’s lie detection goes off*

Gareth starts looking all happy and fondling his sword.

A-Dom (looking at Gareth): No, no, nonono, No.

A-Dom (to Jade’s Luck): We don’t need to kill the Pirates...

Jade’s Luck: No you’re talking to the wrong person. I have the demon fetish, he (Gareth) has the Pirate Fetish.

Jahar (to Zokaz): What do the Pirates do?

Zokaz: Well mostly they go raiding in other areas. But occasionally they dress up as locals of the different islands and start trouble.

Gareth (happy): Ah! Clearly people we need to deal with.

Zokaz: Now I suppose it’s possible that they dressed up as villagers from Yuk Yuk Glore, and helped... someone... escape from here. But really that won’t be my fault.

Jahar (looking at A-Dom): No... not your fault...

A-Dom: You know... I really don’t like the fact that the demon is... On your side. Look (to Zokaz), your going to...

Zokaz: Nope, your not doing anything to me. I have a contract.

A-Dom: But... but... play nice!

Zokaz: I’m a DEMON. I don’t have to play nice.

A-Dom (to Gareth): Please don’t kill my drinking buddies!

Tiger: So... you were a pirate!

A-Dom: I can’t :):):):)ing remember... we were drinking. A lot.

Jade’s Luck: Aren’t your “drinking buddies” responsible for all those people on the spider island getting slaughtered?

A-Dom: Not really?

Gareth: I think they need to be taught a lesson...

The group then remembered they were trying to get back the villagers of Yuk Yuk Glor. So they negotiate with Chuck Chuck for the slave women.

A-Dom: We want to trade you something for your three slave women.

Chuck-Chuck (happy and enthusiastic): Two Monkeys!

A-Dom: Deal! Wait, let me make sure Tiger and Jade’s Luck are ok with that. (Explaining to Tiger and Jade’s Luck) Two monkeys for three slaves, that’s a pretty good deal right?

Jade’s Luck: Just the normal ones, not the manse ones.

Chuck-Chuck: Two monkeys for three slaves! You (Jahar) do the flashy thing!

So Jahar bound the contract between A-Dom and Chuck-Chuck so they could take the slaves right away.

A-Dom: I’m sure that agreement can’t come back and bite me on the ass...

They then found out that Uk-Fuju’s cousin was married to one of the women who was taken as a slave, so they were going to have to go to the third village to discuss that.

Somehow, they started discussing having Chuck-Chuck make introductions for them on other islands. Specifically the Pirate Island.

Chuck-Chuck: I don’t go to Pirate Island. It’s dangerous. It’s full of Pirates.

Jahar: oh, I guess that’s reasonable.

Chuck-Chuck: Plus some of the Pirates make with the glowy.

Tiger and Jahar’s heads snap around at this comment.

A-Dom: Some of the Pirates may have something to do with a large conglomerate of Pirates to the south.

Jahar: The Lintha Family?

They tied to find out what kind of glowy from Chuck-Chuck, then realized A-Dom should be a better source of information.

A-Dom: I don’t :):):):)ing know! I avoided those people when I was a mortal you dumb shits!

Jahar: Were they Dragon-Bloods or something else?

A-Dom: Probably Dragon-Bloods. If they were the short-tall ones, I wouldn’t know, cause they mind-:):):):) better then you, and give you a cigarette afterwards, and you like it.

Jahar (to the group): If I wasn’t so tired I would mind-:):):):) you right now!

A-Dom: I think you should buy me a drink first.

Jade’s Luck: Why don’t you two get a room over there.

Chuck-Chuck: I’m married Sir! So is he! (pointing at A-Dom)

A-Dom: Thank you Chuck-Chuck!

Gabe: Damn it, I though I changed languages before I said that.

Jahar (to Chuck-Chuck): You’re pretty intelligent for a... jaguar... thing...

Chuck-Chuck: Yup.

Jahar: Does it breed true?

Chuck-Chuck looks confused.

Jade’s Luck: Do you have any little jaguars yet?

Chuck-Chuck calls out his son, who doesn’t quite have a jaguar head, he has a human head, but he does have fur with the jaguar coloration, and a tail.

Jahar then had Zokaz explain to Chuck-Chuck that she didn’t get along with the other Great Old Ones. So Jahar then explained that the village wouldn’t need the sacrifice pits anymore.

Jahar (to Chuck-Chuck): You’ve met A-Dom, did he tell you what we are?

Chuck-Chuck: His friends?

Tiger: We’re on a mission from god...

The group then tried to explain that they were Solars and the representatives of the Great Sun God. Which was not helped by Jahar pointing at the inside of the roof of the building in his Jahar babbling way.

Gareth (to A-Dom): Have you talked to your wife about the whole, you’re leaving thing?

A-Dom: Umm.. Yea, no, I don’t think I’m going to mention that.

Tiger (mocking A-Dom): Yea, honey, I’m going out with the guys for a couple of hours...

A-Dom: Are you trying to get another village killed?

Chuck-Chuck got confused by this. So A-Dom tried to explain about his Leaving:

A-Dom: Well the point is, we have a lot of stuff to do. We have a whole Creation to save! We have to do things...

Tiger (interrupting): We have to pick up some milk!

A-Dom: And we can’t do that all from here, so at some point we have to leave. But I want to make Sure you are protected by the Unconquered Sun. So I’d like you to do some kind of ritual. They (waving at Jade’s Luck) will figure out what.

Jahar (to Chuck-Chuck about A-Dom): He’s our “Strong guy.”

A-Dom: Can I have a beer?

This is another conversation that was going on at the same time as A-Dom’s speach:

Jade’s Luck (to Jahar): Do you know anything about these Pirates?

Jahar: The Lintha Family? I’ve heard of them. I didn’t know A-Dom was associated with the Lintha Family. So now apparently A-Dom is associated with a notorious huge band of pirates.

Jade’s Luck: Wait, you’re a Pirate A-Dom?

Tiger: He refuses to answer, therefor the answer must be YES.

Jahar: Let’s just say they aren’t just huge and mean, but just being affiliated with them...

This is where Jahar interupts A-Dom’s conversation with the line about A-Dom being the group’s “Strong guy.”

The group then gets into a discussion with Chuck-Chuck about if A-Dom is going to have to explain his brown skin, shark eyes, fangs and claws to his wife, since she hasn’t seen him like that yet. Even though A-Dom explains that he plans on disguising himself to look normal before he talks to his wife again.

A-Dom has Gareth make a Sun icon out of stone, about the size of a large plate, for the village to “shine every once in a while.

The group also finds out the Chuck-Chuck and his village are strong believers in being strong enough to survive, or dying. Going to a healer for help is being “weak.” Which is why they have no healers in the village.

A-Dom (to Zokaz): So wait... why did you have them summon the ape?

Zokaz: To protect me.

A-Dom: From what?

Zokaz: Everything! I’m horrible in combat.

The group discusses which village they should go to next.

Jahar (to A-Dom): We should go to the Uk-village next so we make sure there is no Uk-blob coming to eat your Uk-family.

A-Dom: (forceful) No we should go to the third village first.

Jahar: Are you sure?

A-Dom (confident): No. But right now, I’d really rather enjoy the other village, and then be sad.

This is when the group remembers A-Dom has Compassion 1, and that he really would rather have a good time, and find out his family was all killed, later. So it wouldn’t upset his good time.

Jahar: So which village is next?

A-Dom: The Third Village!

Chuck-Chuck: The Prince says the third village.

A-Dom: (confident) I outrank you all! (Meekly) On this island.

Tiger: Don’t make me invent a “Chain of Command.”

The group then got into an argument about if they could safely leave the slaves from Yuk Yuk Glor in Chuck-Chuck’s village.

A-Dom: Of course they will be ok. They are worth two monkeys!

Tiger: He’s going to be so disappointed when he finally gets those monkeys.

Ceri then decided once the group was alone, to explain that she had a visit from her godess, and explained all that she saw and heard (which is at the very start of this story).

A-Dom: Wow you’re god’s pretty cool...

Jahar: Yea, maybe we should work on that whole Creation thing. At least we have an Island now.

A-Dom (indignant) : It’s not YOUR Island!

Jahar: It’s the first island we have with real people on it!

Jade’s Luck (indignant): No it’s NOT!

Tiger: You know we should set up a pirate raid on this island, so we can save them from the pirates...

Jade’s Luck: I kind of like that idea... (to Ceri) Wait, your god actually talked to you... and gave you real information?

Tiger: Can I convert?

The group then went into a tangent about how to “fix” the wyld.

Somehow, Jahar started talking about building “his” manse on this island.

A-Dom (doing a lot of pointing): Me island. Me Manse. You, :):):):) off.

Jahar: Opec told me to find this island!

A-Dom: And? Did Opec say “make a manse” ??

Jahar: You can have a Manse here too, after I find the prefect spot.

A-Dom starts laughing is maniacal laugh... Jade’s Luck steps in between the two of them, and then drags Jahar off to the side.

Jade’s Luck (to Jahar): I really think A-Dom is happy to have is own island that has his family on it. You would not like it, if he walked in and interfered with the doings of your family on your property.

Jahar: Actually, he has, and I didn’t care that much.

Jade’s Luck: Ok, but you don’t love your family...

Jahar: I’m not touching his family. (Exasperated) Fine! He can build his own manse then.

Jade’s Luck (very quite): But... he may actually become a socially responsible citizen... Our little A-Dom might grow up.

Jahar: I’m not interfering with his family.

Jade’s Luck: But he seems REALLY attached to the idea of this being his island. So I think we should treat that idea with a little more deference. That’s all.

A-Dom (Pounding his club on the ground): MY ISLAND! I don’t care what your conquered monolith told you. Did he tell you to build a manse here?

Jahar: No, you’re just... you’re fourth in line. It’s not just YOUR island.

A-Dom (starts laughing at Jahar again): If you want to build a Manse. (points out to sea) Go build a Manse. I’m claiming this island as my own.

Jahar: Good Luck with your Manse then.

A-Dom: Well if anyone is going to build a manse here, it’s going to be me. Probably down by the dinosaurs. You can put one on... Spider Island, or Pirate Island... or Crab Faced People Island.

Jahar explains that there might be places to put more then one Manse on the island.

A-Dom (doing lots of hand gestures at Jahar): Ok, you can have a very small... misshapen... studio apartment sized Manse here if you like. Tiny... one room... very small.

Group talks some more about fun with dinosaurs... and how to reach them.

A-Dom (to Jahar): Ok, I got it. We can build a manse for two. But... (long pause) You have to be the Woman.

Jahar: I don’t think we have to do that. I think... Elemental Island is “special.”

Jade’s Luck (depressed): Oh... it’s really special. It’s so :):):):)ING special...

Jade’s Luck (to Gareth): So, what is it with you and Pirates, exactly?

Gareth (pointing at his missing eye and scared face): See this? Pirates!

Jade’s Luck: Oh, that stinks.

Tiger: You mean you didn’t poke it out on your own?

Jade’s Luck: Yea, I always thought that was a “forge accident” or something.

Jahar: Well you see... the anvil slipped...

A-Dom: Well you see those were really bad pirates. Not all pirates...

Jahar (interupting right after “bad pirates.”): Like the Lintha family.

A-Dom (to Jahar): Just Shut Up!

Jahar: Yea, the Lintha family is in the south. We kind of slaughtered one of their crews if you remember.

GM points out: Actually, you oathbound the survivors of that crew, and they are still your current crew on the ship you took here.

Remove ads