Excerpt: Economies [merged]

FireLance said:
I get the feeling this is because a minor quest is specific to a single PC. When you're playing a solo game, the distinction between major and minor quests becomes moot.
That would make sense yes, and is backed up by the quests article, however my version is more amusing, and I intend to stand by it.

Rechan

Adventurer
small pumpkin man said:
I don't see how this follows at all from "The items you get from killing things/quests will be much better than the ones you can afford to buy/make" which is what the article says.

Because I missed the "Can" in this sentence:

"Characters can use the monetary treasure they find, as well as the gold from selling items, to acquire new magic items."

LordArchaon

Explorer
Rechan said:
OH MY GOD!

They broke down the treasures system, not only by level, but by encounter!

I NO LONGER HAVE TO DO MATH to figure out how much treasure each PC should have, ever! I never have to BS my way through "What did I get when I pick pocketed" or "Let's go infiltrate that guild hall and steal stuff; what'd we get?" Furthermore, I no longer need to worry my group is underfunded, or that being overfunded will break me.

THANK YOU WOTC! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is exactly what I thought while reading.

Plus, I was totally amused by the enchant/disenchant thing. Especially BEFORE seeing it's another argument for D&D=WoW. Since of course I never ever played WoW or any other MMORPGS. You WoWers will make me hate the GREAT Blizzard...

Fallen Seraph

First Post
FadedC said:
Well except that say that disenchanting magic items has an expensive material component. And of course requries ritual casting skill and knowledge of the ritual.
Well we don't know just how expensive the material component will be, or even if all have it. Hell, if need be, I will equate the cost to having to buy a new knife since the process of prying off melted the knife he was using.

Yup, basic understanding of magical ideas = ritual casting skill. Basic knowledge in identifying magical items = that ritual.

Rechan

Adventurer
Sojorn said:
Yes, he can. In fact monsters are designed to do so and not have their math bumped out the window by doing so. But they still get a small benefit.
The thing I find more important though is that many magical items give you powers.

Most of the items we have seen give some sort of ability. I want to know if the NPC can use those. Because those always seem very COOL. :)

Rechan said:
Because I missed the "Can" in this sentence:

"Characters can use the monetary treasure they find, as well as the gold from selling items, to acquire new magic items."
heheh, I can see how that could cause a problem yes :)

keterys

First Post
Magic Items:

Known:
Level 5 base cost 1,000g
Level 15 base cost 25,000g
Level 25 base cost 625,000g

So, ten levels gives x25. So, five levels is potentially x5. I'm guessing it'll work like monster xp -

Ie, like
Lvl Cost
5 - 1000
6 - 1500
7 - 2000
8 - 3000
9 - 4000
10 - 5000
11 - 7500
12 - 10000
13 - 15000
14 - 20000
15 - 25000

Etc.

Last edited:

Boarstorm

First Post
I probably shouldn't admit this, as it is quite simply badwrongfun, but I never paid one lick of attention to the 3.X wealth per level chart. I just gave PCs what I wanted to give them when I wanted to give it to them.

Mostly it worked out. Mostly.

Remove ads