• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EXEXCRUCIATION - a Noblilis PbP

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Oh, we can have notes sent to the other Nobles. Every single one. I'm sure Edward or the Elatic will be able to handle it. If the party is in a few weeks, there's plenty of time to inform everyone as well. We can go and ask them what they think of the idea."

sophist

First Post
I think Simon is done with Parcival, who has to chew on quite some things, but probably with his new resources of chivalric spririt, he can cope with them.

<Lichenhart is away for now ... on to the Elatic or another castle?>

Jdvn1

"Going to talk with the Elatic, then, are we?" David follows Once in that direction to inform the Elatic of their idea, and to ask for recommendations.

sophist

First Post
"well, I do like your idea, but I think a good deal of the other nobles will be reserved, to say in the least. Our beloved impatrix has kept the previous generations of her nobles away from all others ... I don't know why. But there will be some who did not take this well and others might think newcomers/outsiders might make good scapegoat. This not to dissuade my Lords, but as a word of caution.

"Personally, I think it's high times that this isolation is broken. I guess the mistress thinks the time has come to play her hand. But, as you surely remember what happenend last time, I cannot be more specific.

"In my opinion, the most suitable place for your party would be chivalries castle. As far as I know, in Mylady's Innocennts castle, you'd trip all the while of unique and untouched things. A party would only devastate the rumored unicorn garden. At my Lords Keys castle the guest would have difficuties to get from room too room. :) And at his Unexspectedness Once ... err ... castle there is nothing -- except a horrendous roar, that some citizens heard near the entrance.

"Food is another matter. The people of Degg have simple tastes, but sometimes that might be the best for the jaded palate of a noble. There is even a rustic appeal to it. I am afraid we don't have any great cooks, except maybe for Lady Alyra's confectioner and chocolatier. But that one vowed to make his sweets for those of pure hearts.

"..."

<Well we can go on and on about how to plan a party, the question is how much detail do you want. *i* think I can be fractal at this point, meaning that I can supply details but will do so only insofar you care to look at it in depth.>

Jdvn1

"Well, I think an opportunity to jump into Noble society is a worthwhile one. It will also help us to learn about our predecessors. It is good to have caution, of course, and I hope our familia will continue to keep counsel with each other and with those with whom we have entrusted responsibility. We should also inform Diadora of this too.

"My castle does seem like a suitable place for the gathering. It is a place of unity for my familia and Derr'Degg, and it will at least temporarily serve as a place of unity for Nobles." David looks at his peers and smiles.

"A number of us are suited for some degree of culinary arts, I think food may not be difficult. We should have our best cooks try to make some items and we may supply the rest."

ooc for all:[sblock]I don't really care how in-detail we plan this. I don't think a lot of detail is necessary since I can pull off Creations left and r ight, but I think some of us may come up with interesting ideas, but it doesn't all have to be right now either. With the food, I was thinking a Creation of Food is really easy to pull off, but if we combine out Aspects, we can pull off an Aspect 4 Miracle in cooking if we're in agreement. That's some mighty tasty grub. Alternately, if we combine our Aspects to discuss the food, can I have a Creation of Food to have food as good as the Aspect 4 Miracle? Kind of combining the effects?[/sblock]

sophist

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
"We should also inform Diadora of this too."

"If I know, Her Wildness will know, too."

With the food, I was thinking a Creation of Food is really easy to pull off, but if we combine out Aspects, we can pull off an Aspect 4 Miracle in cooking if we're in agreement. That's some mighty tasty grub. Alternately, if we combine our Aspects to discuss the food, can I have a Creation of Food to have food as good as the Aspect 4 Miracle? Kind of combining the effects?

Even if you are Aspect 4, that does not include perfect cooking knowledge. But your improvisation will be still pretty impressive, Jdvn1 is right here.
But the Elatic proposes not to tell the other nobles that you cooked yourself," ... because one can never know what an impression that leaves."

You can use miracles to create food directly, but that has the same limits as cooking, i.e. that by ennobeling you did not get any additional knowledge about cooking. Referring to Aspect 4 again will smooth over things, you will be able to improvise and get almost all of it right.

Jdvn1

ooc: In that case, could I do a Creation of Books for cookbooks and use Aspect for us to read the books really, really quickly and then pool our knowledge that way? I'm not sure how fast this'd happen, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads