• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exotic Weapon Proficiency Feat "Question"

doug10562

First Post
Can you apply the Exotic Weapon Proficiency to a non Exotic Weapon For example "Composite Long Bow or "Great Bow"? to gain the Base attack bonus +1 from the feat.

Thanks
-Doug

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Exotic Weapon Proficiency doesn't grant a +1 to your Base Attack Bonus; that's the prerequisite necessary to take the feat in the first place, not a bonus it grants.

Taking Exotic Weapon Proficiency merely lets you use one exotic weapon without penalty. By the Rules As Written, you can't take it for a non-exotic weapon.

doug10562

First Post
Exotic Weapon Proficiency doesn't grant a +1 to your Base Attack Bonus; that's the prerequisite necessary to take the feat in the first place, not a bonus it grants.

Taking Exotic Weapon Proficiency merely lets you use one exotic weapon without penalty. By the Rules As Written, you can't take it for a non-exotic weapon.

I can see that after re reading the feat but then what would be the benifit to taking the feat for a non exotice weapon?

milo

First Post
Unless your DM wants to go through and make exotic uses for non exotic weapons. I would say simple things like using a short sword for slashing also, not just piercing. Maybe using some of the reach weapons against adjacent opponents. Might be better covered by a different feat/feats though. Couldn't do anything major though, otherwise the exotic weapons wouldn't be used.

Edit:
Just realized that this is in Rules, not houserules. My idea fits in better there.

doug10562

First Post
Unless your DM wants to go through and make exotic uses for non exotic weapons. I would say simple things like using a short sword for slashing also, not just piercing. Maybe using some of the reach weapons against adjacent opponents. Might be better covered by a different feat/feats though. Couldn't do anything major though, otherwise the exotic weapons wouldn't be used.

Edit:
Just realized that this is in Rules, not houserules. My idea fits in better there.

I realized today that the Greatbow, Composite requires the exotic weapons feat. "complete warrior" page 154

That was the basis for the question I asked earlier today. I didnt realize there was a ranged bow that required the feat ;)

Remove ads