Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (Recruiting a Trapfinder)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I do not see why there is any reason for hard feelings here. I never said there was anything funny about the situation either. Having two arcane casters in the group is not a problem; it can actually be a strength. Both of your characters have actually picked quite different spells for the most part and have much to contribute to the group. No one is wrong here. No one has to make a new character. It is just a game and not worth getting upset over.

kinem

Adventurer
At the time I entered the game I was the 5th man, so any class would have been "redundant". But really, that's not the point.

wolfattack, what I find bizarre is your attitude. As airwalkrr said, having two arcane casters can be an advantage. If you think that any two characters which are mechanically identical would always "do the same thing in an adventure", then I think you are missing the point of a role playing game. Suit yourself, but maybe you should give it a try.

airwalkrr, since we may need more firepower, perhaps I should substitute fireball instead of haste for my 3rd level spell.

I think we should take on Skinflint as a hireling.

cool hand luke

First Post
internet message boards catering to gamers, is there a more socially challenged group on the planet?

Just an idea, You said have backup characters ready, since survival is pretty tough. My backup character was a scout skill monkey, I could create him, use him as a hireling right now and then the first PC that kicks it can either take him over or create someone else, and of course if my character dies I'd take him over.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Hirelings and cohorts are provided by the DM for this game. You already have Skinflint if you agree to hire him. He will make an appearance very soon in the IC. So you have your bases covered.

[MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6670510]wolfattack[/MENTION], please consider the matter closed and do not discuss it further. There is no point. I understand if wolfattack felt his territory was being infringed by having another arcane caster, but I have already explained my position on the matter and the DM's position is final.

kinem, if you want to swap haste with fireball that is fine.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Sorry for the extended absence, everyone. Got burned out at work and took a vacation. I should have posted something, but I really needed to just get away from stuff for a while. I will be getting this game back up and running within the next few days assuming everyone is still on board.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am really sorry about this, everyone, but clearly with all the recent changes in my life I do not have time to run or play in pbp games right now. I was having a lot of fun with this, but I am going to have to suspend the game indefinitely. Thank you everyone for playing.

Remove ads