Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (Recruiting a Trapfinder)

cool hand luke

First Post
What I plan on purchasing

mw leather armor
mw longbow
mw longsword
mw buckler
poison making kit

list of magical items
wand of cmw
ring of sustenance
handy haversack
cloak of resistance
wand of clw
boots of striding and springing
potion remove disease
potion remove curse
potion neutralize poison
potion hide from undead
potion lesser restoration
amulet of might fists (if this will still work while wildshaped, different dms have different rules on this it seems)
lesser rod of extend
potion remove disease
potion remove curse
potion neutralize poison
potion hide from undead
wand summon natures ally 2

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
What I plan on purchasing

mw leather armor
mw longbow
mw longsword
mw buckler
poison making kit

list of magical items
wand of cmw 25 charges
ring of sustenance
handy haversack
cloak of resistance +1
wand of clw
boots of striding and springing
potion remove disease
potion remove curse
potion neutralize poison
potion hide from undead
amulet of might fists (if this will still work while wildshaped, different dms have different rules on this it seems)
lesser rod of extend
potion remove disease
potion remove curse
potion neutralize poison
potion hide from undead

wand summon natures ally 2; 20 charges
Approved in green. This should leave you with 130 gp. This is a perfect example of what I am looking for in a wish list by the way.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay, [MENTION=10926]cool hand luke[/MENTION], I have looked over your character and the following things need to be fixed.

-Halfling base speed is 20 ft, not 30 ft.
-Halflings receive a +1 size bonus to AC which applies to both touch and flat-footed AC.
-Halflings receive a +1 racial bonus to saving throws.
-The base saving throws for a 6th level druid are +5/+2/+5.
-Your Dexterity modifier to your Reflex saving throw is incorrectly listed as +2 instead of +3.
-Halflings receive a +1 size bonus to hit with melee and ranged attacks.
-Halflings use smaller weapons. The damage die for a Small longsword is 1d6. The damage die for a Small longbow is 1d6. The damage die for a Small dagger is 1d3.
-Druids are not proficient with longswords or longbows.
-Because animal companions do not advance in the way a normal animal does, your wolf companion would be Medium size, not Large size. The bonuses gained from advancing an animal companion are limited to those specifically mentioned here:
PH 36 said:
Bonus HD

Extra eight-sided (d8) Hit Dice, each of which gains a Constitution modifier, as normal. Remember that extra Hit Dice improve the animal companion’s base attack and base save bonuses. An animal companion’s base attack bonus is the same as that of a druid of a level equal to the animal’s HD. An animal companion has good Fortitude and Reflex saves (treat it as a character whose level equals the animal’s HD). An animal companion gains additional skill points and feats for bonus HD as normal for advancing a monster’s Hit Dice.
-You seem to have listed the racial bonuses of an elf, not a halfling. Did you intend to create a halfling or an elf?
-Halflings receive a +4 size modifier to Hide, a +2 racial bonus to Climb, Jump, and Move Silently.
-You did not list 0 level spells per day or spells prepared.

Some of the above may not be relevant if you intended to create an elf. But you listed halfling as your race, so I was under that assumption when I reviewed the character.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am about ready to get this game started. You do not have a trapfinder, but I will keep the recruiting thread open until we find one. In the meantime you still have four characters. You can hire an NPC to find traps if you absolutely feel like you need to. Or I may just tweak the adventure by adapting some of the trap encounters into different types of encounters. I need [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION] to post his character to the RG and for cool hand luke to make his changes and then we are ready to go. I will have the IC thread up within a week.

Remove ads