Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (Recruiting a Trapfinder)

rangerjohn

Explorer
[MENTION=13340]Airwalker[/MENTION] Did you miss this? It was buried in my character sheet. Just in case, here it is again.

Wish list:

Full Plate +1

Longsword +1

Wand of cure light wounds

Wand of bull's strength

Cloak of Resistance +1

Would need to know how much was approved before saying how much cash is needed. For instance if he needs to purchase mundane full plate or not.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=13340]Airwalker[/MENTION] Did you miss this? It was buried in my character sheet. Just in case, here it is again.

Wish list:

Full Plate +1

Longsword +1

Wand of cure light wounds

Wand of bull's strength

Cloak of Resistance +1

Would need to know how much was approved before saying how much cash is needed. For instance if he needs to purchase mundane full plate or not.
Yeah, actually I did miss that. It's all approved in green.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Thanks. Never mind, forgot how much the dice roller hates me. 4 out of 5 HD rolls 3 or lower, total of 13 hps. With first level and toughness 24 hps for a 6th level front line warrior? I can see this going far.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay so let's see where we are at.

1) rangerjohn character done (although I recommend you swap one of your ability scores to boost Con)
2) @Morrus;

rangerjohn

Explorer
No, I am dropping out. I would completely have to redo the character. He's either good at normal combat or fighting undead. He can't do both. Turn/ destroy undead is based on cha, skills to join the guild on int etc. In 3rd edition everything is a die roll, as has been shown, I can't expect even average results there.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
A player has already been scared away and we have not even begun! :)

I have opened recruiting again. We do not exactly have a balanced party at the moment with two arcane casters and a fighter, but I shall see what kind of response we get to more recruiting.

I am also assuming that Herobizkit has dropped out.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Two things jumped out at me after examining Floch's write-up.
1) The Mobility feat has Dodge as a prerequisite. Floch does not have Dodge.
2) A character's bonus to Jump checks is not based on base speed, but actual speed. Hence a character with a base speed of 40' in heavy armor has an adjusted speed of 30' and does not receive a +4 bonus to Jump checks. Perhaps include two Jump bonuses, one while in armor (accounting for the 30' move and ACP) and one while unarmored (including the +4 Jump bonus).

Two things jumped out at me after examining Floch's write-up.
1) The Mobility feat has Dodge as a prerequisite. Floch does not have Dodge.
2) A character's bonus to Jump checks is not based on base speed, but actual speed. Hence a character with a base speed of 40' in heavy armor has an adjusted speed of 30' and does not receive a +4 bonus to Jump checks. Perhaps include two Jump bonuses, one while in armor (accounting for the 30' move and ACP) and one while unarmored (including the +4 Jump bonus).

Hmm... I will look into it.

Remove ads