• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (Recruiting a Trapfinder)

rangerjohn

Explorer
[MENTION=13340]Airwalker[/MENTION] Did you miss this? It was buried in my character sheet. Just in case, here it is again.

Wish list:

Full Plate +1

Longsword +1

Wand of cure light wounds

Wand of bull's strength

Cloak of Resistance +1

Would need to know how much was approved before saying how much cash is needed. For instance if he needs to purchase mundane full plate or not.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=13340]Airwalker[/MENTION] Did you miss this? It was buried in my character sheet. Just in case, here it is again.

Wish list:

Full Plate +1

Longsword +1

Wand of cure light wounds

Wand of bull's strength

Cloak of Resistance +1

Would need to know how much was approved before saying how much cash is needed. For instance if he needs to purchase mundane full plate or not.
Yeah, actually I did miss that. It's all approved in green.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Thanks. Never mind, forgot how much the dice roller hates me. 4 out of 5 HD rolls 3 or lower, total of 13 hps. With first level and toughness 24 hps for a 6th level front line warrior? I can see this going far.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay so let's see where we are at.

1) rangerjohn character done (although I recommend you swap one of your ability scores to boost Con)
2) @Morrus;

rangerjohn

Explorer
No, I am dropping out. I would completely have to redo the character. He's either good at normal combat or fighting undead. He can't do both. Turn/ destroy undead is based on cha, skills to join the guild on int etc. In 3rd edition everything is a die roll, as has been shown, I can't expect even average results there.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
A player has already been scared away and we have not even begun! :)

I have opened recruiting again. We do not exactly have a balanced party at the moment with two arcane casters and a fighter, but I shall see what kind of response we get to more recruiting.

I am also assuming that Herobizkit has dropped out.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Two things jumped out at me after examining Floch's write-up.
1) The Mobility feat has Dodge as a prerequisite. Floch does not have Dodge.
2) A character's bonus to Jump checks is not based on base speed, but actual speed. Hence a character with a base speed of 40' in heavy armor has an adjusted speed of 30' and does not receive a +4 bonus to Jump checks. Perhaps include two Jump bonuses, one while in armor (accounting for the 30' move and ACP) and one while unarmored (including the +4 Jump bonus).

Two things jumped out at me after examining Floch's write-up.
1) The Mobility feat has Dodge as a prerequisite. Floch does not have Dodge.
2) A character's bonus to Jump checks is not based on base speed, but actual speed. Hence a character with a base speed of 40' in heavy armor has an adjusted speed of 30' and does not receive a +4 bonus to Jump checks. Perhaps include two Jump bonuses, one while in armor (accounting for the 30' move and ACP) and one while unarmored (including the +4 Jump bonus).

Hmm... I will look into it.

Remove ads