Experience II OOC Thread

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Yup, I braved Isida Kep'Tukari's sig to find the Rogue's Gallery :)

I'm currently playing an (evil) bard in our Random game (Randomly created characters in a random dungeon)

Thanee

First Post
Figured the link could be handy in here, not only for you. :)

So, I guess bard is not an option then... ;)

Bye
Thanee

DM_Matt

First Post
I second the cleric (or a mage, since we lack that too). We really need one, since we lack a primary healer as well as a utility cleric. I am a full progression divine caster, but I'm a limited spells known combat character, so I have little else besides stuff to buff myself with besides some direct damage.

Two of us can use wands, we have a pally, and I have Heal, but I only get 3 6th level spells per day, which is not really too good since I'll need to save one for myself beucase I'm a melee favored soul, and I beucase if we are facing lots of enemies I'll need to do a Storm of Shards, since its probably the best group-attack spell of its level or below in the game.

If I had been a level higher I would have covered our magey needs and gotten some happy exalted goodness by taking Leadership and getting a sorceror6/exalted arcanist5 with spell focus (good), but a ten-level build is a whole lot weaker because all exalted spells taken in sorc slots will turn to wasted slots wasted when hitting 11 and getting all exalted spells added to his list of spontaneously-castable spells.

Last edited:

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Gah you've given me more to think about. Rogue is as I said earlier the easier for me to play - I've got pretty much everything figured in my head except the actual numbers. I really like the cleric concept though - bringing light to the darkness sounds like fun :)

Can I play both? j/k

Thanee

First Post
I guess Gestalt isn't available, no. :p

One other thing to consider with the rogue is, that the traditional rogue skills (traps, locks, etc) are already well-covered with my Arcane Trickster. :)

Bye
Thanee

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
but how well do you do at jumping out of shadows and sticking swords in people's backs?

I'll probably build both but go with the Cleric. I'll just have to figure out a personality that fits in. Some how.

Can't I just be the quiet rogue who sits in the back of the party like he's sizing everyone up and deciding who to jump first? ;)

hmmm

we need NKL's "Not a death threat" smilie

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Heh. Just saying that, if you are going to make a rogue, you might want to focus on some other aspects, not just the skills I already have chosen as primary abilities. Jumping into people's backs is never wrong, of course. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads