Eyes Of The Lich Queen: Ch. 2

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari raises his eyebrow at the gnomish display. "If there is trouble... its not like any of us is going to be able to get away from it." The monster hunter dismisses the thought and heads back above deck to keep watch.

Velmont

First Post
Jango looks at the scene between Mirabela and Rogan and smiles. "I'm please to meet you Mirabela." As she leaves the group Jango put his things next to teh place where he will sleep. He just keep on him his magical items and his buckler, feeling it would be better to have them near if a bad surprise arrive during the trip.

He climbs back on the deck and lean against the guide rail. He looks above him and see Griot who is flying high, turning in the sky. Jango feels empty since his sister has left him. She always been a part of his life. She always have been there, but today, he was heding for teh first time into an adventure without her. How things will go? Probably fine, considering the team he was with, but still, it will be strange.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The journey from Newthrone to Regalport takes several days... but those days pass by swiftly and without incident. The ship is aptly named, as the Swiftwind cuts through the water easily and makes for a smooth and fast trip. The days are spent enjoying the sun up on deck, the nights down below drinking, cardplaying, and swapping stories. Sur'Kil did you all a great favor by acquiring this ship for your disposal, and you use it to its fullest.

On the fourth day of the trip in the mid-afternoon, Ari hears a call come down from the crow's next of "land ho!", and everyone begins getting ready to disembark. Because the ship is at their beck and call for as long as they need, everyone keeps most of their equipment and supplies in their staterooms... but the strapping on of some weapons and armor is probably expected.

The ships glides into the docks of the city... if you could really call it a city. As you gaze out over it, a shanty-town might be a more apt description, as most buildings look as though their upkeep ended several centuries previous. Hundreds of small wood shacks lean up against larger, more expensive estates, and every other storefront seems to be for a tavern or place of ill-repute. It's been said that the Principalities are a pirate nation, and the Port seems to bear this out.

As the group walks down the plank to the solid wood of the dock, Phaellip The Squid calls out to you from over the rail. "'At was our best time we've ever made comin' 'ere, lads and lasses! You should be thankful you was on the trip! Careful now as ye make ya way across the streets... there be 'pocketers to grab yer coin faster than ye've ever seen."

He puts up his thumb and motions back toward the deck. "Me boys're gonna go landside for a bit. You 'ave a timetable for yer landing? We gonna be 'ere long?"

stonegod

DEFCON 1 said:
He puts up his thumb and motions back toward the deck. "Me boys're gonna go landside for a bit. You 'ave a timetable for yer landing? We gonna be 'ere long?"
"We must speak to a man about dirt. Depends if the man is home. Hopefully, not long." The monster hunter shrugged as he headed belowdecks to gather his things. Seeing Rogan, he pulls the man aside a moment. "I think you can ask some discrete questions, but you shouldn't go alone. I'll tag along. No reason to stir any trouble."

Mista Collins

First Post
"That's a good idea. I am unfamiliar with this place and could use a set of eyes in case things get a little heated." Rogan says as Ari pulls him aside. "I can see if anyone has heard his name on the streets. But from what we've been told so far, we might find more information on Jheamast in books and writing."

stonegod

Mista Collins said:
"That's a good idea. I am unfamiliar with this place and could use a set of eyes in case things get a little heated." Rogan says as Ari pulls him aside. "I can see if anyone has heard his name on the streets. But from what we've been told so far, we might find more information on Jheamast in books and writing."
"Actually, I think we're looking for that Lord whose son got lost looking for our dead man... Yellin ir'Veldras. His son Eliam was looking for our corpse on that island, uh, Trebaz Sinara or something."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Donovan looks quite relieved to be back on dry land, and takes the opportunity to re-acquaint himself with the armor he's kept belowdecks for the voyage.

"Should we all be going?" he asks of the others. "We might scare folks in a big crowd, but if there's others out there looking, I'm not sure we should split up, either."

Velmont

First Post
"I think Ari and Rogan will be bale to do the job quite fine. Too many is not a good thing, but we can stay not too far from them if something bad happen." tells Jango

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The group walks up the dock and gets their feet onto dry land after a minute. There are quite a few people wandering about... most of them sailors, wearing various raggedy and stained shirts, high boots, and the like. Dozens of seabirds can be heard cawing above, and based on the amount of garbage settled in the gutters of the street down here at the water, they all have plenty to feast on.

You spot several women that you're pretty sure are courtesans... a number of men sitting outside of taverns either drinking or whittling, or spitting... and a couple of dock workers checking off things on parchments and manifests and the like.

Remove ads