Eyes Of The Lich Queen: Ch. 2

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"We're not going to find a noble here, though maybe some scuttlebutt about them. We'll have to find the 'good part' of town." Looking about, Ari snorts. "If such a part can be found."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The group reaches the street and it is here that they split up. Ari and Rogan walk off to the left, up the hill, and into the city proper, as that is where the better-looking buildings and homes seem to be. As they reach the town center, they realize they're going to have to speak to someone for actual directions.

Khalia, Donovan and Jango spend a few moments out on the street trying to decide what (if anything) they should do. There are certainly any number of places they could enter and speak to people... or they could just go back to the Swiftwind and wait. Who knows how well-known 'Jheamast The Sarlonan' really is?

Mista Collins

First Post
Spotting the first citizen Rogan sees that looks like they know a thing or two of this area, he approaches them with a smile and slight nod. "Goodday! I was curious if by any chance you would know where I could find the ir'Veldras estate? It appears that the directions I received were not as thorough as I hoped for."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
In the town center are a number of tables, around which all manner of man and woman are playing various games of chance. Rogan spots a gnome looking at one of the tables that is dressed in finery that does not really match the overwhelming pirate-theme that most of the people in town are wearing. The rogue taps the gnome on the shoulder, and he turns to face the two of you looking down upon him.

Rogan said:
"Goodday! I was curious if by any chance you would know where I could find the ir'Veldras estate? It appears that the directions I received were not as thorough as I hoped for."
The gnome runs an appraising eye over both of you, stopping ever-so-slightly on the weapons you each have at your sides. You see him raise an eyebrow just a bit as he seems to recognize the quality of the workmanship and the dragonshards they are encrusted with, and this seems to satisfy him that you are worth speaking to. He begins talking in a high and rather clipped accent, suggesting either noble birth or an attempt to sound that way.

"The ir'Veldras estate, you say? Looking to purchase some textiles are you? Well I can tell you that you'll find the same quality for a much cheaper price elsewhere than with Yellin ir'Veldras. His storefront and estate is up that way..." he points up the hill further back into Regalport "...grey stone building with the waterwheel off the side. But after speaking with him you find his wares to be horribly over-priced... come back and find me. I might be able to help. Name's Dervin Dariun."

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Khalia, Donovan and Jango spend a few moments out on the street trying to decide what (if anything) they should do. There are certainly any number of places they could enter and speak to people... or they could just go back to the Swiftwind and wait. Who knows how well-known 'Jheamast The Sarlonan' really is?

"They may call this place 'Regalport'," Khalia said. "But somehow I doubt we will find anything that looks like a good library or university here. Perhaps some local noble or wizard has a collection of relics, but I am not hopeful."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Khalia said:
"They may call this place 'Regalport', but somehow I doubt we will find anything that looks like a good library or university here. Perhaps some local noble or wizard has a collection of relics, but I am not hopeful."
The archivist says this somewhat haughtily, which catches the ear of a passerby. The young man is dressed very dapper, as though he's going out for a night on the town. He stops walking as he hears Khalia' appraisal of the city, and he faces her and snorts. "You come to the Principalities to look for a library? *snort* heh. Why dontcha go to Sharn for that, missy?"

Just as Donovan is about to step forward and confront this interloper on their conversation, the young man steps forward and whispers conspiratorially to the group "Don't take your view of Regalport from first blush, lady... you're seeing what Prince Ryger and House Thuranni want you to see." He then taps the side of his nose and turns to walk away.

[sblock=Khalia: ]You know from your history lessons that Regalport is the capitol of the Principalities and is lead by High Prince Ryger ir'Wynarn, the captain of his sailing fleet the Seadragons. He claims to be a blood descendant on the royal ir'Wynarn line... but whether that is really true is hard to say.

Regalport is also where the headquarters of House Thuranni can be found, and as you glance up and down the docks, there definitely is a large building at the far end that seems to change in view from rundown ruin to immaculate cathedral with every glance you make back to it. Knowing the Mark of Shadow... illusions might be the order of the day.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
The archivist says this somewhat haughtily, which catches the ear of a passerby. The young man is dressed very dapper, as though he's going out for a night on the town. He stops walking as he hears Khalia' appraisal of the city, and he faces her and snorts. "You come to the Principalities to look for a library? *snort* heh. Why dontcha go to Sharn for that, missy?"

Just as Donovan is about to step forward and confront this interloper on their conversation, the young man steps forward and whispers conspiratorially to the group "Don't take your view of Regalport from first blush, lady... you're seeing what Prince Ryger and House Thuranni want you to see." He then taps the side of his nose and turns to walk away.

Khalia was about to launch into a diatribe on idle layabouts with pretentions of nobility to this fellow who did not appear to have any concept of what 'field work' might mean. But he left to soon, and that gave her a few seconds to think...

"I rather wish Rogan was here to follow that man," Khalia said, once the interloper was out of earshot. "Because were I inclined to gamble, I would wager a large portion of the ir'Indari fortune that he did not encounter us by chance."

Velmont

First Post
"Thurani house? I think it's a good thing my sister didn't come." adds Jango. "I think we will need Rogan if we want to find anything interesting in this town. The elven house doens,t have a tendency to show all there assets."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

drothgery said:
"I rather wish Rogan was here to follow that man," Khalia said, once the interloper was out of earshot. "Because were I inclined to gamble, I would wager a large portion of the ir'Indari fortune that he did not encounter us by chance."

Donovan relaxe his grip on the hilt of his weapon as the man's tone turns conspiratorial. And as Khalia finishes speaking, he says, "Well, if he meant to run into us, maybe he means for us to follow?" the templar posits. "There was that ... nose fiddling he did."

The priest shrugs. "If we don't have a better direction, his seems the best of any, yes?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The trio watches as the man walks away... not once turning back to look at you to see if you are or are not following him. Rather, as he walks he calls out 'hellos' to various people walking up and down the docks and standing outside the various establishments. He is making no effort to hide himself, and indeed it would be quite easy to follow him at a distance if that is what you chose to do.

OOC: I've mentioned this before but I'll reiterate it again... any of you can do anything you want. You don't have to wait for Rogan to come back to tail someone, just because he's the "rogue". I do not select DCs based purely on the most appropriate class to do a certain job... I select them oftentimes based on who is doing them. So for all you know, this guy is a Level 1 Commoner and has no skill in Spot or Listen whatsoever... meaning you could tail him easily if you wanted.

I'm not saying you have to follow him... but don't assume you can't just because your class isn't the main spec for stealth-based actions.

Remove ads