Eyes Of The Lich Queen: Ch. 2

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I never stop myself to do something because of my class, but you know the saying, you need a thief to catch a thief, and I suppose Jango knows at least a few rumors about house Thuranni and his spy network and that would be enough to tell him that they are the kind of people you find only if they want to be found or if you have a really good thief.

Jango whistle and a few moment later, Griot lands on Jango arms. "You see that you men there. Follow him from above. If he enter a building, land on the roof so I can see you from teh street, and above the door he entered."

On that, Griot starts to fly again. "Now, we have someone follwoing him if it is that you wish. But as he tells, what we see is what House Thuranni want us to see. Or I could trells if he spoke to us, it is maybe because someone want us to be aware of that fact. I wonder if he doesn't meant for us to follow him and if it is wise to do so."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
OOC: I've mentioned this before but I'll reiterate it again... any of you can do anything you want. You don't have to wait for Rogan to come back to tail someone, just because he's the "rogue". I do not select DCs based purely on the most appropriate class to do a certain job... I select them oftentimes based on who is doing them. So for all you know, this guy is a Level 1 Commoner and has no skill in Spot or Listen whatsoever... meaning you could tail him easily if you wanted.

I'm not saying you have to follow him... but don't assume you can't just because your class isn't the main spec for stealth-based actions.

The thing is, Khalia wouldn't go chasing after someone in the streets except in hot pursuit of a criminal / monster / etc. It's undignified. But she wanted Rogan to do the tailing (though Jango's familiar likely works just as well) not because she couldn't follow someone (especially someone making little effort to hide), but because she wouldn't be able to follow someone without the other person noticing. Save for using magic, anyway.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: You both are assuming way, way too much.

drothgery... you are assuming you are unable to stay unnoticed... despite the fact that if there is a crowd, the guy you are tailing is not looking to see if someone is tailing him, he's more concerned with talking with other people, and you keep enough distance... he will have so many negatives to his skill check that it's quite conceivable he wouldn't notice you if you tried to follow him.

And Velmont... just because the guy mentioned House Thuranni does not automatically mean that he works for them (or that he's even trying to push you in that direction). Regalport has a very large House Ghallandra headquarters here too... but it doesn't mean that anyone you speak to is working for them either.

Sometimes guys, a rose is a rose. That's all. For all you know, this guy is just a guy who didn't like hearing some foreigner insult his city... especially since you never even bothered to ask to make a Gather Info or Sense Motive check which might shed more light.

And on the few times when the rose isn't a rose... it also doesn't mean that I've set the DCs so high that it's impossible for any of you to acommplish things. Because where's the fun in that if you have to run to Rogan every time something comes up that involves being "sneaky"?

Griot caws once and then takes to the air. The three of you watch as the hawk starts flying in the direction of the guy... who is still strolling down the street and glad-handing various folks along the way.

The hawk has been in the air for all of five seconds when you all see the guy turn and enter a tavern maybe a couple hundred feet away from you. The bird then lands on the roof of the building.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I didn't thought the guy was member of the hosue, I found that very unlikely (hey, he is not an elf after all, even if they might have a few non-elves under there order, i really don't know.) but I thought the most interesting source of information of this city must be under that house control (we are talking about an house of spies after all), and as we are searching a library, I would find it more likely to be found under there control then House Ghallandra. But thanks for the enligthment, I'll keep all that in mind.

And Jango always has been a bit paranoid (or maybe, it's just me), thanks to his old mark. :p

"That was a hard one." says Jango with some sarcasm looking at his bird. "If you want to speak with him, I think you can easily find him. But we can just ask for a library. maybe someone is aware of some public or private library."

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
"The ir'Veldras estate, you say? Looking to purchase some textiles are you? Well I can tell you that you'll find the same quality for a much cheaper price elsewhere than with Yellin ir'Veldras. His storefront and estate is up that way..." he points up the hill further back into Regalport "...grey stone building with the waterwheel off the side. But after speaking with him you find his wares to be horribly over-priced... come back and find me. I might be able to help. Name's Dervin Dariun."

"Thank you for the information. Yellin came quite recommended, but if I deem his prices too high or the quality to low I will have to remember your name." Rogan says before turning away and heading in the direction the gnome indicated. As he gets out of earshot of the man, Rogan turns to Ari. "I wouldn't trust bargaining with that man if my life depended on it. They way he was playing that game, he was baiting his opponent. He was thinking at least five moves ahead of the other guy."

As they keep walking, Rogan stops after spotting the water wheel. "This must be it. Should we go in now or go find the others?"

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Velmont said:
"That was a hard one." says Jango with some sarcasm looking at his bird. "If you want to speak with him, I think you can easily find him. But we can just ask for a library. maybe someone is aware of some public or private library."

Donovan can't help chuckling a bit as their 'quarry' moves on to get himself a drink.

"True 'nough. I'm thinking midday bar partrons aren't keen on libraries, though who knows how it is hereabouts?"

Turning his gaze to those around him, the priest approaches anyone who seems open enough to being approached and asks about any local library resources.

((OOC: and on the subject of classes and task attempts, Donovan's just used to sticking out. I mean, it's hard to miss the brawny guy covered in tats and scars, sporting heavy armor and a big honkin' mace. Even if someone he was following didn't notice him, he kind of figures eventually someone might point him out to the bloke. ;) ))

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Mista Collins said:
As they keep walking, Rogan stops after spotting the water wheel. "This must be it. Should we go in now or go find the others?"
Ari nods, keeping his eyes about him. "'Course, finding them might be difficult as we didn't arrange anything." But he tries anyway.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Brother Donovan scopes out the various people along the dock street and makes eye contact with a young elven female dressed in very loose but form-fitting clothing. She smiles coyly at him, and his first thought is that she might very well be a courtesan... although to come right out and ask would be extremely offensive. Instead, he walks over to her and starts the conversation casually.

"Hello my dear... I'm am Brother Horatio Donovan, templar of the Chruch of the Silver Flame. I was wondering if I might ask you a question? Is there a library or some institute here in Regalport where a person might conduct research on the Principalities?"

She chuckles lightly at his request, then her eyes are drawn to Khalia and Jango behind him. Her smile widens even more and it is safe to say she is a radiant creature from all accounts. The elf leans forward and asks in a low volume so only the three of you can hear. "What sort of information are you looking for? There are many places that could service your... needs." She smiles innocently at the priest.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Th group of three speak to the young elf woman and come to the conclusion that if the groups wants information, the House Thurani headquarters would be a good bet for the most accurtate information... although certainly not cheap. They make their living selling information after all. The young woman also mentions that the Prince of the Principalities, Prince Ryger, sometimes take a mug at one of the taverns off the main square. But again... getting information out of the leader of the free islands might require a bit of back-washing. The final option of course is to just course the various establishments in the city that might know a thing or two about expeditions and scouting and see what a bit of palm-greasing might find.

The group makes their way up to the main square of Regalport, where a bustling open-aired market makes a cacophany of noise. Khalia, Jango and Donovan stand about trying to decide which options if any they should take, when Ari Osten suddenly appears through the crowd, with Rogan close behind.

"There you are. We found the mill that Yellin owns. Haven't gone in yet to speak to the man, but if you wanted to join us, come along. Unless you have something else you're doing?"

The group then decides what they want to do.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
The group makes their way up to the main square of Regalport, where a bustling open-aired market makes a cacophany of noise. Khalia, Jango and Donovan stand about trying to decide which options if any they should take, when Ari Osten suddenly appears through the crowd, with Rogan close behind.

"There you are. We found the mill that Yellin owns. Haven't gone in yet to speak to the man, but if you wanted to join us, come along. Unless you have something else you're doing?"

The group then decides what they want to do.

Donovan nods. "Might as well go with you," he says. "I think we might be at loose ends where we are."

Remove ads