Eyes of the Lich Queen

Crothian

First Post
It looks pretty good. I would run it but the bad guys and allies happen to be the exact same as my last campaign almost and I want to do something different.

Spoilers
I do find it odd that in the module characters can just develop dragonmarks. Forcing an aberrant dragonmark on a PC seems a little mean for what they stand for and such. I like the idea of it but I thought a sidebar explaining how to deal with it would be nice.
spoiler ends

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
Spoilers
I do find it odd that in the module characters can just develop dragonmarks. Forcing an aberrant dragonmark on a PC seems a little mean for what they stand for and such. I like the idea of it but I thought a sidebar explaining how to deal with it would be nice.
spoiler ends

That's interesting (I haven't picked this up yet). Something similar happens in Keith's Mark of Heroes adventure The Delirium Stone.

Spoilers
In the adventure the PCs are transported into the bodies of characters with aberrant dragonmarks during the War of the Mark. They gain the ability to use the aberrant dragonmarks.

After the adventure is completed, the PCs permanently gain lesser abilities tied to the dragonmarks. I don't remember the exact ones (and my copy is elsewhere) but it would be something like the person with the ability to cast burning hands 1/day gaining a permanent bonus vs. fire saves.
End Spoiler

Nlogue

First Post
Glyfair said:
Just in time. It looks like I probably won't get any further episodes in this or similar series. I very much doubt I'm going to be bullied into buying into the WotC "digitial initiative" where any future such Eberron adventures would appear.

Maybe I can convince WotC to let me write the third installment ("Hell's Heart") as a 32 pager. That would be awesome. I'll do my best.

Nlogue

First Post
Glyfair said:
That's interesting (I haven't picked this up yet). Something similar happens in Keith's Mark of Heroes adventure The Delirium Stone.

Spoilers
In the adventure the PCs are transported into the bodies of characters with aberrant dragonmarks during the War of the Mark. They gain the ability to use the aberrant dragonmarks.

After the adventure is completed, the PCs permanently gain lesser abilities tied to the dragonmarks. I don't remember the exact ones (and my copy is elsewhere) but it would be something like the person with the ability to cast burning hands 1/day gaining a permanent bonus vs. fire saves.
End Spoiler

Whoa! That's really cool!

takasi

First Post
No, but it should have been (IMO). It's RPGA electronic goodness. WotC has done a horrible job of promoting the many, many adventures available through the RPGA. Any "digital initiative" they start would have a great foundation if they tap into the RGPA's resources of adventure authors and playtesters.

takasi

First Post
Crothian said:
Ah, so there's no way I could get a copy of that. Oh well.

You might be able to get a copy of it on ebay if you search around. They published it for the retailer kits, I think. If not you can ask around at a convention or check with some of the DMs who sanctioned the game to see if they have a copy.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Nlogue said:
Maybe I can convince WotC to let me write the third installment ("Hell's Heart") as a 32 pager. That would be awesome. I'll do my best.

Do it! It would be great to *finally* have an Eberron adventure for characters 10th level and above (I'm assuming of course that "Hells Heart" takes place after the final battle in "Lich Queen").

Glyfair

Explorer
takasi said:
You might be able to get a copy of it on ebay if you search around. They published it for the retailer kits, I think.

No they didn't. After all, it's only a Keith Baker Eberron adventure, nothing worth putting in retailer kits ;)

Technically those of us who have it aren't supposed to distribute it (I'm not sure I'm even supposed to keep an electronic copy). I'm sure it's something that could be arranged from someone.

I have to pull my copy out sometime soon. It has two great monsters that I'm considering using in my campaign.

Spoilers
One is an insect swarm created by House Valadalis. Very nasty. The reason they aren't around now is because House Vadalis decided they were too dangerous to have about when they aren't being used.

There is also a construct created by House Cannith that lays down Glyphs that are basically delayed or proximity glyphs of blasing (I forget the details). The knowledge of creating them has been lost/suppressed.

Last edited:

Remove ads