Faerun vs. Faerûn

Thanee said:
Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Character Map :) ?¿?
D'oh! Yep, I'm a little embarrased that I didn't remember that myself. According to my charmap application, the keystroke is alt+0251. Let's see: û

Yep.

Last edited:

glass

(he, him)
Sammael said:
@Thanee: that only works on German keyboard layout, where the tilde is replaced by the circumflex. It may work on other layouts, but doesn't work on the U.S. English one or the Serbian one (probably because neither language makes heavy use of accents and such).

It works in Word on my (British) keyboard, but not in MSIE.

glass.

CM

Adventurer
You can also use the autocorrect settings of your word processor (if available) to replace "Faerun" or "Selune" with "Faerûn" or "Selûne" automatically as you type. :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mean Eyed Cat said:
I don't know - After Forgotten Realms came out, my friends and I pronounced it "fay-run." Finally, we were told to pronouce it the other way. Sometimes I still catch myself. Mostly I blame the education system in Idaho :)
Hmm. IIRC, the original grey boxed set have pronunciation phonetic term after each name.

Arnwyn

First Post
CM said:
You can also use the autocorrect settings of your word processor (if available) to replace "Faerun" or "Selune" with "Faerûn" or "Selûne" automatically as you type. :)
Yeah, that's what I've done.

Remove ads