• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fall '03 Iron DM Tournament -- Wulf Ratbane is Iron DM!

MerakSpielman

First Post
Dave- if he posts early, you're better off not reading his post before completing and posting yours. It messes with the free flow of ideas to see what somebody else has done.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
What Merak said, plus reading the other person's post before yours is turned in is a violation of the rules (albeit one that's only enforced through the honor system).

I won't be posting anything important between now and the time that the first two entries come in; if the two contestants currently in the hotseat want to stay away from the thread until they're ready to post their entries, they needn't fear missing anything.

Daniel

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
But talking smack is part of my strategy and how can I do that if I stay away?

For example, am I really almost done or did I simply want to plant that idea in my honorable opponent's mind? :D

Either way, don't expect to see my entry before noon tomorrow. :p

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Stay, go, it's all the same to me! Just wanted to let you know that you don't need to be watching the thread for last-minute additions of ingredients or anything like that.

Smack away!
Daniel

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I know -- I'm pretty excited to see what folks do with their ingredients.

Meanwhile, I'll probably try to get the second match started as soon as both entries from the first match are in. Heads up to contestants: if you want to play today, be watching the thread for your chance, which will probably come shortly after noon when I ask for the next two contestants.

As before, I'll ask each person to choose three numbers between one and twenty, thereby indirectly choosing half of the ingredients for the round.

Daniel

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Pie,

Why not get the next round started now if people are ready? Since there is no way either of them would post before round one is posted - and it will help to save some time by staggering things that way.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Because I'm anal-retentive, and want all the posts from one match to appear before beginning the posts for the next match. Once both entries are in, I'll put in a judgement-slot-holding post, and then recruit the next two contestants. It'll delay the second round by two hours, an acceptable delay.

Daniel

Remove ads