• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

Someone

Adventurer
"Whatever" says Akaros. What use will the money have when the battle looms? "A hundred of those coins and the ring should be enough for wand and horses. Let´s go now"

OOC: So, let´s pay the wand and the horses and split the rest of the money. I prefer other carrying the swan, not Akaros

Thels

First Post
"Don't worry, Nalya, it'll be fine." Michael waves goodbye to the villagers as he mounts his horse. "So, what way?"

OOC: Just checked my charsheet and I got pretty high ride scores. I really wonder why I did that, considering I didn't buy me a horse :p I just want fair share of the platinum. The items we should bring along as I doubt we can sell them here for the right price.

Erekose13

Explorer
*You split the money after buying the wand and the horses. There is still quite a bit left, though Riejar, Thomas, and Lomas all took their share as well. When all is said and done the three of you each have 184pp plus the magic items. Following departing words with the Mayor and Arithel as well as a few of the townsfolk who have gathered to see you off, you set out North.*

*The week passes quickly as you are on a major patrolled road through the empire nothing troubles you along the way. One thing you notice is that while rumor of your deeds has far outpaced you, most of the gossip in inns and waystations is about the coming war. Most people have an opinion on who the Shriah will declare against. Most seem to think it will be one of the Schools of Sorcery, some say it will be the Fanim, but no group is exempt from the wonderings of the small.*

*You reach the bridge over the River Jaros towards the end of the 7th day. There is a small inn called the River Rushing just on the north side of the bridge. The bridge itself is one of the marvels of engineering in the empire. It is several hundred years old, but the cobbles while weathered are still quite servicable.*

Nalya:
The forest in which the fortress of the No-god should be located was to the west on the north side of the river. You dont know how far though.

Fanog

First Post
Nalya holds herself petty well during the week of travel. Even though she doesn't handle her horse all that well, she's obviously used to being outside. While travelling, she tries to get to know the others a bit better. The young woman also explains a bit more about the stories she has of the No-Goid, even though most of it is in fragments, and vague as prophecies usually are.

As they approach the bridge, Nalya reigns in her horse. "The fortress that the stories told of is said to be in the forest on the other side of the river, to the west and north. Unfortunately, that's all I know about the location."

The half-elven woman looks up to the sky, and makes ready to dismount. "This seems like a good time to stop for the day. Perhaps there are people in the inn who know the forest well. They might give us instruction on how to reach the fortress - or any strange ruins nearby."

Someone

Adventurer
"I really hope there´s a fortress in that forest, woman." says Akaros, tired of the week of riding. "For your own good. Yes, let´s stop at the inn, I have to clear my throat and spread the word of the spirits that whisper in my heart."

Erekose13

Explorer
*You tie your horses along side the others outside The River Rushing which turns out to be a pleasant tavern. Several patrons are lounging on the deck in the back that sits out over the river and doubles as the dock. There are only two other patrons in the main room sitting off to the far side talking in low tones. The bartender is standing behind the bar washing a few glasses and one serving girl is carrying a meal out to the patrons on the back porch. There are several tables as well as seats at the bar for you.*

Thels

First Post
"Ahh, it's been a while since our last decent meal!" Michael exclaims as he heads for one of the tables (OOC: Preferring one not on the deck).

After taking his time to get adjusted to his seat, he waits for the serving girl to pass by: "Ahh, excuse me miss, we are four worn-out travellers, who haven't had a good meal for over a week. Would you be so kind as to serve our appetite? Please ask the cook to make it good, we're quite hungry and our purses are filled adequate." he asks the girl while putting up a proper smile.

Fanog

First Post
Nalya follows Michael to a table and dumps her backpack. The scene reminds closely of how she had entered the inn and met the three, close to a week ago now. A week gone, and no progress yet. Let's hope that we find the fortress. We have to. A ready-made meal would be fine indeed, though I think there's nothing really wrong with living outside and gathering your own food. Now is there?"

AS she seats and Michael orders their food, Nalya adds to his request. "Also, would you happen to know someone knowledgeable of these woods? We'd be quite interesting if any one could tell us a bit more about them." Giving the serving girl a friendly smile, the young half-elf leans back in her chair, relaxing a bit from the week's worth of travel.

Erekose13

Explorer
The serving girl pauses a moment to take your order then mentions that she will be right back once she is done serving the food on her tray. You slide into the seats at one of the tables, they are quite comfortable. The other two patrons look up briefly from their hunched conversation, staring at your group for only a few moments before looking away. The bartender comes over a moment later and says,

"Ah I heard you was lookin for some grub. We have a great salmon that the cook done grilled up good. And Ale to wet your road weary tongues. I'll let Mary help you out when she gets back, but I couldnt help over hearin that you was wanting information about them woods. "

"Well the Glimmerwood lies about 15 miles up river right along the banks. Mary grew up round those parts. She used to be a guide for foresters and such. I'll let her tell you all about it. In any case, just wanted to hear what you know about the war. Its all the talk these days and we have only had pilgrims on the way to the capital through, little news from that direction."

Someone

Adventurer
"The war is only a sign of the times to come!" says Akaros, and continues louder, so the people in the tavern can hear him: "You should prepare for the end of times! For the son will take the arms agains his father, and the lord the torch against those under him! Times of war and fire are to come, and that will be soon; don´t complain you were not warned when they are upon you."

"Now, where can we find that Mary?"
asks later, more calmed.

Remove ads