• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

Thels

First Post
Michael sits in his chair, forcing a little smile on his face, while he tries to act like he doesn't mind his friend is preaching the entire tavern and drawing all the attention. "Akaros, don't be silly! Appearantly it's the maid's name. Maid Mary, hmm?" A grin appears on Michaels face.

Erekose13

Explorer
After a short wait the waitress comes back in from the balcony. Apparently Akaros' rousing speech was not audible out there for no one turned to look inside. The two at the other table glance quickly up from their conversation again at the loud proclamation. As she approaches the bartender says, "Ah here is Mary. Mary these men and women are seeking information about the Glimmerwood, you used to live round there once didnt you? Oh and I bet they be needin a meal too. Ill leave the rest to you while I get them a round o' ale." He heads off shaking his head a bit.

Mary curtsies a bit and says, "Hello and welcome to the River Rushing. Lemm over there sure likes to chat up the travelers. What would you like to eat? Lets get that out of the way first. We have a nice roast pheasant or if you prefer we have some mutton stew that the cook does up nice." She waits to take your orde before continuing.

Someone

Adventurer
Akaros doesn´t seem (very) upset. "I´m used to it. Stupid people; they´ll see soon."

"Woman, we´ve spent a week on a horse, eating dried meat. I want something juicy and bloody. Bring the stew."

Fanog

First Post
Nalya looks around the room a bit, happy to note that the patrons aren't seeming to take offense at his harsh words. Well, that was to be expected I guess... Let's hope we can prevent the worst of it.

Turning to Mary, she puts in her order after listening to Akaros'. "Pheasant sounds great, I'll have some of that. And a glass of wine as well." She hesitates for a moment before adding "You wouldn't have it chilled, would you?"

Thels

First Post
Michael smiles, happy that Akaros' speech went mostly unnoticed, when he addresses Mary: "Pheasant sounds nice, but it would be a waste to feed my hunger. I'd hardly taste it. I'll have a bit of beef to start out with and take the pheasant after that. Wine to supplement it sounds good, though I doubt a glass would survive, so if you would be so kind, please bring a bottle."

Erekose13

Explorer
Mary nods at each of your orders and asks finally, "Will there be anything else?" Provided that there is nothing more to add, she heads towards the kitchen to deliver your order to the cook. A few minutes later she returns with a bottle of wine and four glasses. "I am afraid that we do not have any chilled but I think you will enjoy this bottle. While the cook is preparing your meal I thought I would answer your questions about the Glimmerwood. I grew up near there and helped my father as a guide for many years."

Fanog

First Post
Nalya gracefully accepts one of the glasses, holding it out to Michael with a big grin for him to fill. She thinks for a moment, then talks to Mary. "We would be very grateful if you could perhaps help us."Let's not tell her too much, never know what kind of stories are being told here. And what with Akaros' speech, she just might put things together in a wrong way. "We have heard stories of an old keep or fortress in these woods, somewhere west of here. They would be really old, maybe even just ruins. Would you know of any such structure?"

Thels

First Post
Michael grins, then picks up the bottle to fill Nalya's glass. He'll fill Syfis' and Akaros' glasses as well, assuming they don't decline before filling his own glass. After that he just relaxes in his chair, with his glass in his hand, sipping occasionally, while Nalya questions Mary.

Erekose13

Explorer
Mary says, "Hmm. No fortress I'm afraid. There was one once, about a hundred years ago, but it fell into disuse after the skermishes with the Sclivendi who burned the old fort on one of their raids. Now it is just a bunch of over grown burnt out logs. Oh and there are some strange ruins around a great big old tree deep within the forest. Not many people go that far in though, there are only game trails to follow once you get that deep. None of the trackers really know where they come from though as they are very old."

Fanog

First Post
Nalya sits up straight in her chair at the mention of the strange ruins, firmly fixing each of Mary's words in her mind. none of the humans would know. That's not too strange... They have forgotten, all of them. We have to be sure, though, we can't waste more time.

"Mary, those might be the ruins we're looking for. They would be very old, but my people still tell stories of them. Are thse ruins located somewhere in the west, perhaps? What more do you know about them? And would you be able to guide us there?"

Reigning in her enthousiasm, Nalya takes a gulp of the wine. She forces herself to be silent for the moment and let Mary answer her questions.

Last edited:

Remove ads