Fallen World- 13th lvl homebrew (dark and mature)

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Nephtys] So, are Spirit Shaman's well known in this place? I mean, would he be shunned? Or would he be viewed as special somehow? Or what? Would he just be accepted as normal? I mean, he has the ability to use raise dead as a spell like ability within a round of death. Would it make sense for him to have a mentor or an apprentice? I can come up with some ideas, but I want them to fit.

I'd figure that Caduceus is some sort of family heirloom or something, so he/she/it could rant about how great my characters ancestors were or something. Or maybe complain. :p [/sblock]

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
[sblock=Nephtys] So, are Spirit Shaman's well known in this place? I mean, would he be shunned? Or would he be viewed as special somehow? Or what? Would he just be accepted as normal? I mean, he has the ability to use raise dead as a spell like ability within a round of death. Would it make sense for him to have a mentor or an apprentice? I can come up with some ideas, but I want them to fit.

I'd figure that Caduceus is some sort of family heirloom or something, so he/she/it could rant about how great my characters ancestors were or something. Or maybe complain. :p [/sblock]

[sblock=DL]No, he would be viewed as pretty normal, a good person to have around. And even if he wasn't the elves have had to make a lot of compromises (to the point of working with Duergar) to survive in a hostile world. The ability to raise dead would be greatly valued, but it's not unique for the class, and won't be a problem in the game. Your character could very well have a mentor, or an apprentice, that wouldn't be unusual at all.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Nephtys]Ugh, I'm trying to find some sort of spark of inspiration for my background, but it's hiding quite well. I usually enjoy that allot more than buying equipment.

Damn, I have no idea what to spend all this gold on either. Some wands I guess... I hate making high level characters. :mad: [/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
[sblock=Nephtys]Ugh, I'm trying to find some sort of spark of inspiration for my background, but it's hiding quite well. I usually enjoy that allot more than buying equipment.

Damn, I have no idea what to spend all this gold on either. Some wands I guess... I hate making high level characters. :mad: [/sblock]

[sblock=DL]You're trapped in one of the last sanctuaries of free mortals left in the world, fighting for this tiny spark of light that's already tainted by its own evil but better by far than the alternative. While your mistress, the Queen of Autumn, searches for another doom it's up to you and a handful others to stand against the darkness. You are a hero and the odds are against you.
You don't have to come up with a novels worth of background, it's enough that you know who your character is and why he fights.
-

Wands have terrible DCs, but depending on the spell can still be useful. Get yourself some stat-boosters, increase your AC and saves, and you can even create some custom-made items (using the rules in the SRD or DMG) as long as I approve them and you show me the math.
I never have enough gold when I'm making high level characters, but low level characters frustrate me with their lack of options. ;) [/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Nephtys]I guess I'll just list a few magic items I'm interested in for starters. I'm looking at a Merciful Holy Longbow, 32,375. Elven Chain, 4,150. Ring of Feather Falling, 2'200. Ring of Protection +3, 18'000. Heward's Handy Haversack for 2'000. Hey, could I get like, a deluxe edition of that or something? Also, just out of curiousity. How would a Merciful Vorpal weapon work?

Can you suggest any other items for me?[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
[sblock=Nephtys]I guess I'll just list a few magic items I'm interested in for starters. I'm looking at a Merciful Holy Longbow, 32,375. Elven Chain, 4,150. Ring of Feather Falling, 2'200. Ring of Protection +3, 18'000. Heward's Handy Haversack for 2'000. Hey, could I get like, a deluxe edition of that or something?
Can you suggest any other items for me?[/sblock]

[sblock=DL]Sounds good.
Deluxe edition? Like greater carrying capacity? Sure, just double the price for every doubling of the capacity.
Amulet of wisdom +6=36000 for a greater amount of more effective spells, cloak of resistance +5=25000, +? to Con, because you'll always need HPs. You probably need some more AC too, with less than 20 things are going to be pretty rough.

Dire Lemming said:
Also, just out of curiousity. How would a Merciful Vorpal weapon work?

Cut off your head without damaging you? :p Nah, Vorpal wouldn't work with Merciful, but some other homebrewed enchantment with the same cost as vorpal could simply turn the victim unconscious. That seems balanced.
[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Nephtys]About more AC, I'm not really any good at building powerful characters, so I don't really know what to do. I could get +2 elven chain right? I guess I could increase the power of my ring of protection.

Well, I can't afford to increase the power of my ring after all. Here's my equipment list so far.

Equipment:
Caduceus, staff of healing: 34,950 gp
Merciful Holy Longbow: 32,375
Elven Chain +2 8,150
Ring of Feather Falling: 2,200
Ring of Protection +3 18’000
Heward’s Handy Haversack Deluxe Edition 4,000

That all costs 99,675 gp which leaves me with 10,325. Not enough to afford anything else major. I guess I'll by lots of healing wands.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Nephtys]Hm, I can get a cloak of resistance +1 and then I could get some sort of low level charisma enhancing item for my DCs, but I'm not sure what I could get. The only thing in the DMG I could afford is also a cloak.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
I'm back, and if the game is still alive I'm ready to get it moving forwards again. :)

--

DL, You'll just have to pick what you think works best. You'll have plenty of chances of getting new loot as the game progresses and there are shops on the surface, so it's not like the choice is permanent.

Last edited:

Remove ads