• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World (Mature, Dark)

WarlockLord

First Post
"Thank you, my friend. the Nameless One replies to the Barkeep. Turning to William, he says " I can flush this invisible fool out."

He then casts invisibility purge, negating all invisibility in a 115 foot radius. Duration: 13 minutes.

[sblock=spells prepared]

(DC 17+ level):
0- detect magic (2), light, cure minor wounds,
1- bless, cure light wounds (2), snake's swiftness, silent image, charm person,
2- hold person, silence, mirror image, align fang, augury, align weapon
3- dispel magic, invisibility purge, haste, (2 used)
4- polymorph, divine power, enervation, flame strike, restoration,
5- raise dead, heal (2), summon monster V,
6-blade barrier, magic jar, mislead,
7-greater teleport, (1 used)
[/sblock]

Autumn

First Post
Ysande arches an eyebrow, eying the orbiting soul.

"Our guide will not wait on our pleasure, you think? A shame, but it's unavoidable then. Our planning will have to be postponed... I'll fetch my things, and see you by the main gate in ten minutes or so."

Bloosquig

First Post
Big nods his assent to his companions and quickly checks his gear to make sure he has everything. After doing this he heads to the gate to await their arrival. After getting there he slips out his own personal brandy bottle and glass and pours himself a "good luck" drink to pass the time.

Gli'jar

First Post
"We are in agreement then. I will see you two shortly at the main gate." Canthan makes his way back to the room, gathers his supplies, and heads out to the main gate to meet with the others.

[sblock=Nephtys]Once parted from the others Canthan questions the soul, "If you understand me flash twice. If you can understand me but cannot flash, move vertically."

OOC Canthan will question the soul in an effort to determine whether or not he can communicate with it. Potential questions to follow. [/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
The Mystic casts his spell and the invisible thug is revealed poised to jump out of the front window. Bleck'ogghcht steps around William, about to finish the enemy when the pseudonatural spider is caught by the black tentacles on the floor which begin to tare into it.
The only one who has time to act before the villain is fled into the streets is Aeryk, and he is still held fast by the tanglefoot bag.

---

The soul moves fitfully around Canthan and at first he is unable to determine if the little spirit has understood him. Souls, he knows, are not aware of the world in the same way as living or undead beings, and though they posess intelligence of a sort it is different from the conventional. Fortunately Canthan is no stranger to the unconventional.
The soul orbits him once, then stops in front of his face and bobs up and down twise.

Trollbabe

First Post
Aeryk breaks free of the bonds that hold him and swings with all his strength at the approaching goblin assassin. "Give my regards to the overlords when you reach them! Goblin scum!"

[sblock=Dice](Move Action) Break Free from Tangle Bag: 18 Success!
(Standard Action) Attack with Sword of Lifestealing: +17 (Power Attack -5) = 21
Damage with Sword of Lifestealing: 1d8+4 (Power Attack +5) = 16[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
"Sorry, B." syas Mystic, dismissing the tentacles.

He will, next round, haste himself, B, and William.

OOC: Trollbabe, I would have hasted you, but IC I don't know who you are yet. Nothing personal.

Jemal

Adventurer
William approaches the cloud where the tentacles used to be, watching carefully and trying to sense if the Assassins are still in there (Detect Evil to tell if they're still in there or not, trying NOT to catch the barkeep or the spider in my cone, as they would set it off. the detection will tell me if there is Evil present within the cloud, but not how much or exactly where unless I concentrate for extra rounds)

Gli'jar

First Post
After Canthan determines that the soul can communicate he continues to ask it questions as he makes his way through the building. "Is your killer close?" Canthan waits for a response. He follows up. "Will you depart once you have located him for us? Will you leave before that time? Do you want to live again?"

OOC Would a detect thoughts work on a soul?

Nephtys

First Post
ooc: Trollbabe, the assassin isn't approaching, quite the opposite he's trying to get away. ;)

Aeryk breaks out of the entanglement and throws himself after the fleeing blackcloak, but just as he raises his sword to strike the asassin jumps out the window. His steps echo on the pavement as he runs for his life.

ooc: Dismissing a spell is a standard action. Mystic can't both dismiss a spell and cast another one in the same round.

Last edited:

Remove ads