• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World (Mature, Dark)

Nephtys

First Post
Gli'jar said:
"Is your killer close?"

The soul bobs slightly up and down, then moves back and forth a couple of times. Apparently the killer is close, but not very close, whatever that means.

Gli'jar said:
"Will you depart once you have located him for us? Will you leave before that time? Do you want to live again?"

The soul stops moving close to your face, and you get the sense that it is staring at you. Then it makes a couple of jerking movements, turns away from you and disappears. Only to reappear a moment later. Apparently it didn't like your questions.

Gli'jar said:
OOC Would a detect thoughts work on a soul?

ooc:
possibly, you'd have to try it to find out.

On the subject of souls:
You do know, however, that souls can substitute for xp and expensive spell-components to a variable amount depending on their potency. It takes no special skill to use the souls in that way, though harvesting them for your own use can be difficult.

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
I said he'll cast haste in the NEXT round, the one after dismissing.

He'll also move to follow the assassin, keeping the goblin in the invisibility purge.

Gli'jar

First Post
"Best not to cast here least I feel the wrath of the hordemistress." Canthan thinks aloud to himself. "We best make our way to the others."

OOC I don't want to monopolize any game time so unless the others wish to do something, lets take it up at the gate.

Nephtys

First Post
The Barkeep lowers his axe, and looks at the mist-shrouded tentacles at the back of the room. "Hope those things don't damage the property," he says to himself, glancing at Mystic.
The Last of the partons finally manage to scramble out the window to the side of the bar, except for the unmoving bodies who didn't make it.
William walks to the border of the tentacles and detects evil, finding two sources inside the cloud.
----
New Round:

The Mystic dismisses the tentacles and sends Bleck'ogghcht into the cloud, rewarded by a scream of pain as the spider takes a bite out of its target.

Aeryks turn.

Mystic: +17
HP 66-1=65

Bleck: +17
HP 68

Tentacles: +17

Aeryk: +15
HP: 73-6-7-5-8=49 HP

Black Cloak1: +14
?-11-13-21-7str=almost dead

Black Cloak2: +14
?-1con-6-25-20=dead

Barkeep: +11

Black Cloaks 3: +10
HP-10-10-7-7str

Black Cloaks 4: +10
HP-10-10

Windwalker: +6

Black Cloak 5: +5

I----ffff34ffff-----b...
I.....ffffffSSSf......b...
I.....ffffffSSSf......b...
w..........SSS.......b...
I...........................I
I............M.......B....I
I____wA______d_____

34=blackcloaks
A= Aeryk
B= Barkeeper
M=Mystic
W=Windwalker
S=spider
b=bardisk
d=door
I=wall
f=fog
w=window

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Big, Canthan and Ysande make their way by their own routes to the great doors of the palace. Big, already carrying all his belongings on his back arrives before the others and has to wait for a while near the gates under the watchful and hostile gaze of two Glabrezu guard-sergeants and their Vrock troops. Still, it's a pretty uneventful wait.
After a few minutes Canthan arrives, the soul orbiting his head like an ioun stone and shortly after Ysande and Kaj appear, the half-fiend looking suspiciously at the two men.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Yep, they're both still in there" William says Somewhat needlessly over the scream of pain. He hefts his staff and prepares to intercept anyone trying to come out.
[sblock=ooc]
Readied Action: Charge & Smite any Black-cloak who leaves the fog(can Partial charge 40' as a standard action). Power attack for 4.
+22 attack, 3d6+30 damage.
[/sblock]

Trollbabe

First Post
Aeryk Voss

Aeryk watches the Black Cowl from the window as its short legs scitter away. He quickly draws a pinch of sand from his pouch and utters a few arcane words over it, before blowing it in the direction of his attacker. Aeryk hopes his spell will find its mark.

[sblock=Spell Info]Casting: Deep Slumber, Range 45feet, Will save DC 16[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Areyk watches the fleeing blackcowl, and realises that even though its legs are short the goblin has run too far for his spell to reach it. (ooc: 80 ft) Soon it will be gone, lost among the chaotic tangle of streets, sewers, rooftops and alleyways that make up the city.

From within the cloud you can hear the unsettling noices of the spider intensify for a moment as it strikes out against one of its foes. The mystic can sense its frustration with the fog and its irritation as its enemies too turn tail and flee up the stairs.

(ooc: The BCs realise that they are overmatched, and since they can not likely accomplish their objective of taking out Aerik their only reasonable option is to flee. Hope you don't mind ooc. You will get more rewarding enemies.)

---

As Ysande arrives the soul stops its orbiting of Canthan and begins to fly over the square, turning onto the Avenue of Triumph and then to the Silver Street before leading the four onto the Naravan Road and the Plaza of Contentment. After stopping there for a moment to let the group rest it then continues to the Glassblowers Path, passing the Screaming Park and then to the Lake Caioin Causeway, the Portstreet, and the warren of stinking alleys and canals known as the Guts before once more arriving in a better neigbourhood. The High Stair leads the group to the Ironway and then to the Papermaker Bridge where the soul stops once again to let you catch up. Past the Gardens of Solitude it leads you to the Five Swords Avenue that branches onto Griffinroad and finally the Street of quills. Down the street you see the great library, and fifty feet before you stands a Wrock of stone, its frozen face laughing at you.

ooc: you're a while ahead of the other group in time so you won't arrive until after their fight is over.

Bloosquig

First Post
"The person we're supposed to meet was in a pub across town?" asks Big with a snort.

Looking at the statue of the demon and the recent signs of battle marring the tavern he laughs and says, "Well it looks like my kind of place! I hope they serve some decent brandy because it looks like we'll be getting those drinks after all Ysande. Come on then "

With a flourishing bow to her and a suspicious glance at Canthan's hair, which he could have sworn has been reaching out at him several times on the trip over, Big prepares to go into the bar.

WarlockLord

First Post
"Great. Who were those guys?" asks Mystic. "We have enemies now. I can't honestly say we made them, as they shot at us first, but now we have no idea who could come after us next. Who knows, they could be competent. Ideas? We could skip town.

Turning to the barkeep, he asks "Any idea who these bozos are?
Mystic will then loot the dead bad guys because he likes having money.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]

(DC 17+ level):
0- detect magic (2), light, cure minor wounds,
1- bless, cure light wounds (2), snake's swiftness, silent image, charm person,
2- hold person, silence, mirror image, align fang, augury, align weapon
3- dispel magic, invisibility purge, (3 used)
4- polymorph, divine power, enervation, flame strike, restoration,
5- raise dead, heal (2), summon monster V,
6-blade barrier, magic jar, mislead,
7-greater teleport, (1 used)
[/sblock]

OOC: Don't mind, but it looks like we've just made enemies of a whole assassins guild. This is why I was trying to hunt down all of their operatives: to prevent our descriptions being on their hit lists. Still...probably important to the plot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads