Trailer Fallout - Official Trailer

Reynard

Legend
Fun fact: Vault 13: A GURPS Post-Nuclear Adventure was an early working title for Fallout, later changed to Fallout: A GURPS Post-Nuclear Adventure that utilized the Generic Universal Role Playing System (GURPS) by Steve Jackson Games. Legal disagreements between Interplay Entertainment and Steve Jackson Games eventually led to Interplay dropping the license and replacing it with its own system, developed in-house: SPECIAL.

Oh that's interesting. Someone mentioned gurps, but I assumed it was to turn it into a ttrpg. I do quite like the special system though, and it kind of fits with the theme in the way it's presented.

I wonder if Fallout had ended up using GURPS, yet remained as beloved, would it have elevated GURPS the way the original BG games elevated AD&D in the broader geek public consciousness?

One thing I was curious about (never played the games).

Everyone seems to have an insane pain tolerance. People lose limbs without much bother, or walk on completely managled feet with just a grimace.

Is that just part of the goofy aesthetics of the show (game), or is there an inworld reason that is? I don't need to know the actual reason, just curious if there is one.
It's not from the game. The walking on mangled foot thing I mentioned earlier I think - I'm pretty sure that's just the result of the foot-mangling being entirely VFX, and the actor being told that he had an injured foot, but it not being conveyed quite horrifically injured it was. That said, the games are very, very full of drugs, and it's not impossible he (and some others) were on stuff - though we only saw a couple of people actually taking drugs.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
One thing I was curious about (never played the games).

Everyone seems to have an insane pain tolerance. People lose limbs without much bother, or walk on completely managled feet with just a grimace.

Is that just part of the goofy aesthetics of the show (game), or is there an inworld reason that is? I don't need to know the actual reason, just curious if there is one.
Not for nothing, but one of the Fallout games (and specifically the one most people like!) begins with your character being shot in the head.

People in this world are just built different

Zardnaar

Legend
Not for nothing, but one of the Fallout games (and specifically the one most people like!) begins with your character being shot in the head.

People in this world are just built different

Med packs, stim packs, med-x, jet......

Apparently player numbers on Fallout has jumped and Fallout 4 is top 10.

That game came out almost 9 years ago iirc.

Med packs, stim packs, med-x, jet......

Apparently player numbers on Fallout has jumped and Fallout 4 is top 10.

That game came out almost 9 years ago iirc.
The next generation update for 4 is out at the end of the week,and based on the threads on reddit 76 is also having an influx of new wastelanders. I just started a new vanilla play of 4 myself.

Zardnaar

Legend
The next generation update for 4 is out at the end of the week,and based on the threads on reddit 76 is also having an influx of new wastelanders. I just started a new vanilla play of 4 myself.

Yeah I'll probably wait to update. Probably have to rebuy it as I own it on Xbox one vs ps5.

Don't really have anything to do build wise. I've done the survival mode only dumb challenges mode.

By that I mean survival mode, pipe gun only, naked in glowing sea unarmed, switch blade only etc type builds.

Or head to Far harbor and build a miniature. trade empire there things like that.

Done all the default builds (over 6 years)..

Yeah I'll probably wait to update. Probably have to rebuy it as I own it on Xbox one vs ps5.
It's backwards compatible, it's also on game pass unless you mean you own the xbox copy but own a PS5. I'm only doing a vanilla run on xbox for the achievements and i'm about ready to say never mind without mods :LOL:

Zardnaar

Legend
It's backwards compatible, it's also on game pass unless you mean you own the xbox copy but own a PS5. I'm only doing a vanilla run on xbox for the achievements and i'm about ready to say never mind without mods :LOL:

I have both but own it and the DLCs on the Xbox.

Getting a Far Harbor craving.

Remove ads