• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

Chaldfont

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
[EDIT] One other question. Did anyone happen to catch little D's middle name? I heard D'Argo *something* Crichton, and never caught it.

It was D'Argo Sun-Crichton.

Great ending. So many classic Farscape elements. In the spirit of the 4th season, there was vomit in the first 30 seconds. How many episodes in that season featured vomit?

Is there no cooler bad-guy than Scorpius? You could actually see in his face that Sikozu broke his heart. :( And he certainly wasn't too proud to beg John for the Wormhole bomb at the end.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Chaldfont said:
Is there no cooler bad-guy than Scorpius? You could actually see in his face that Sikozu broke his heart. :( And he certainly wasn't too proud to beg John for the Wormhole bomb at the end.

The only villian to come close to Scorp was Bester from B5, the difference is that Bester was EVIL to the core, Scorp was evil to justify his ends. Makes you wonder what he is going to do now that peace has been found! :cool:

Wycen

Explorer
Not trying to argue the point as I think we wont be seeing any new Farscape, at least not with the crew and circumstances we are familiar with, but if we didn't find Dargo's body, then you are saying there is also hope for Jool, Zhaan, Crais and even Talyn? We didn't find their bodies. See, it is possible they aren't going to use our favorite comic book trick. Now it is true the 2 screen shots after the wormhole closes are close up, but in those two shots there is nothing on screen except stars and the 3 vessels.

But on to more interesting matters. What was it Scorpius says to Sikozu before he rejoins the group? And what exactly was her "last mission for the Scarrans?" Seems she was left broken or beaten on the ground. Did she have explosives strapped to her or something? Whether or not she broke his heart, that certainly is a more interesting topic than if Dargo is dead, I think. :)

I think Sikozu's last mission was the spying. Not sure if it was anything more than just leading the Scarrens to Crichton.

And I believe that D'argo is gone. I mean...you can't show the body of a warrior when he goes out like that. "I'm your daddy" THAT is how he goes out. Perfect for D'argo.

Rackhir

Explorer
The only villian to come close to Scorp was Bester from B5, the difference is that Bester was EVIL to the core, Scorp was evil to justify his ends. Makes you wonder what he is going to do now that peace has been found!

Actually, I would probably switch that around. Bester did have that telepath woman he loved and he was doing what he did for what he felt was the good of his people. It's just that his "people" were only the Telepaths and the rest of humanity was an enemy to him. A fairly typical extremist attitude.

Scorpius, I'm not as familar with, so I can't really comment on his motivations, but altruisim (towards anyone) didn't seem to be as much of a motivation as revenge.

In any case overall, it was a great ending for a unique series. I can't say it's one of my favorites, but it was unique and different. Something all too rare.

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
No cable have I. Can someone point me to some well-detailed spoilers somewhere. It will be months until I can find this show and watch it. Does "Godzilla" really rip out Scorpy's cooling system.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I must say this was wonderful. It had everything I hoped for. I was sad about D'Argo's fate, but as has been stated until you see the body they're not dead on Farscape and even then you never know.

John was an excellent mix of his usually crazy self and an odd calmness. Despite a couple odd voices I thought the characters were dead on. Scorpy was wonderfully creepy. I also loved pregnany Rygel. It was such a change for him. It was great.

As to if there will be anything more. Ben Browder was on a show called the Screen Savers last week and mentioned if this gets good enough ratings there could be a theatrical movie.

jasamcarl

First Post
I caught about 20 minutes of this before I had to get back to the studying. The series was probably one of the most nervy shows on television when it originally aired, let alone sci fi series.

Again, this is only from a very brief bit of it (I'll hopefully catch it in reruns), but the entire tone was a bit on the 'epic' side of things. Too much grand world building. Really earnest voices and revelations and and all that. Though, it is meant to serve as a tribute and farewell, so I doubt either the creaters or fanbase wanted maintain the series as a weird, scifi 'OZ' given those circumstances. :)

Last edited:

Ashanderai

Explorer
Not trying to argue the point as I think we wont be seeing any new Farscape, at least not with the crew and circumstances we are familiar with, but if we didn't find Dargo's body, then you are saying there is also hope for Jool, Zhaan, Crais and even Talyn? We didn't find their bodies. See, it is possible they aren't going to use our favorite comic book trick. Now it is true the 2 screen shots after the wormhole closes are close up, but in those two shots there is nothing on screen except stars and the 3 vessels.
Actually, we did see the "body" of Talyn and since Crais was on board at the time of Talyn's death we know he is definitely dead also. As to Jool and the others that got nuked - our favorite Banik sensed their deaths (he wasn't looking out the window to see the explosion, but he knew). There has always been the possibility of bringing back Zhaan and the writers wrote her "death" that way so she could come back. (I read that in a magazine or website somewhere after Virginia Hey left the show, though I can't recall exactly where now.)

Last edited:

Remove ads