Favorite Christmas Music?

The White Christmas soundtrack. :) Not all of it is Christmas music, exactly ("Sisters... sisters... never were there such devoted sisters)... but, even so, I've come to link the entire soundtrack with the season.

Additionally, I love What Child is This, Away in a Manger, Silver Bells, and Silent Night.

fett527

First Post
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together

B000001VD4.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Fond memories listening to this every year since I was a kid. Now my son loves it too.

And my wife and I love Diana Krall and she has a new Christmas album out this year. Wonderful jazz recording artist.

devilbat

First Post
Jubilee said:
I got the Barenaked Ladies album this year and it's got quite alot of good stuff on it

I get my fill of traditional Christmas music by walking through the malls and the various Chrismas parties I attend. But, if I was to buy a Christmas album, it would be a Barenaked Christmas by BNL.

Amazingly, my favorite Christmas themed songs have been mentioned. A Fairytale of New York and Christmas in Hollis. Here I thought my tastes were unique.

nakia

First Post
fett527 said:
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together

Fond memories listening to this every year since I was a kid. Now my son loves it too.

And my wife and I love Diana Krall and she has a new Christmas album out this year. Wonderful jazz recording artist.

Hey, we used to have that album, but I have not listened to it in years. I bet it's still at my dad's (well, now my brother's) house.

I'll have to check out Diana Krall's christmas album.

Anyone got any non-vocal jazz suggestions? One of the things I like so much about the Charlie Brown Christmas album is the piano-bass-drums trio.

Remove ads